Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:33:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
saintkamei

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:14:19 PM

What about the upcoming decentralized video platforms like DTube and Viewly? They are more used for vlogs but I could see them also being used for education and entertainment. They are less suitable for selling and funding blockbuster movies, that I agree with.

For me the most important of Crypoflix is the funding part, when I read the first time I didn't get hooked by the videos on demand part, but the crowdfunding part hell yeah, it can be a great thing

I also was more attracted to the movie investment idea - as more of a unique value proposition to the crypto world. Even if the video viewing portion of the project doesn't get traction, if the movie funding idea works out the project can still survive.
yes, it's a new and innovative idea to invest in the making of movies with crypto is very interesting and i can not wait to try it, along with a good streaming offer of movies and tv series will make cryptoflix a worthy rival of netflix...

This crowdfunding feature of CRYPTOFLIX is what makes it unique as compared to Netflix business model. I  think that is a good vital point to consider before investing. Smiley

Crowdfunding feature also puts the platform at severe risk. What if the movie tank? How will profit be distributed? Those questions need an answer. For a start, I would prefer if the project look at streaming service before movie making.

The crowdfunding feature is planned as second stage and will be launched only in 2019 after the streaming platform but of course they should have worked out already some details and be able to answer questions.

The success or failure of the crowdfunding feature will also depend on how many people they can pull in. For that, a good portion of early funds from token sale will need to be allocated for internal and external marketing. One step at a time though.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:16:03 PM

Yes i also think that some partnerships could be very good for cryptoflix, like mainstream studios. There is a lot to do with movies industry, it will be a brand new concept to use crypto to watch and fund film.
Maybe they can have a partnership with some potential companies/people that missed a chance to have partnership with Netflix.

I think their focus in the start should not be on mainstream studios, since that will cost a lot of money. Focusing on smaller more indie developers will allow Cryptoflix to offer unique content and that way you don't directly compete with big players like Netflix, but offer unique content that is a niche, a specialized offering.

I couldn't agree more. There are indie film makers who are great at what they do - at a fraction of the cost. Many of them ask for funding via sources such as Indiegogo - and feel strong about losing their independence, their ability to create movies to their liking. Offer them something better and I am sure they will use their talents to make movies for and help market CryptoFlix - a win-win for everybody involved. There should definitely be a solid initiative to reach out to them.
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

Yes i also think that some partnerships could be very good for cryptoflix, like mainstream studios. There is a lot to do with movies industry, it will be a brand new concept to use crypto to watch and fund film.
Maybe they can have a partnership with some potential companies/people that missed a chance to have partnership with Netflix.

there are no guarantee at the moment this is going to be a huge success like netflix

you are right, but also it could be bigger than netflix ?
I don't think that this is even remotely possible. Netflix is huge company

With the obvious uncertainty with the project (given the lack of demo other than the website platform mock-up), I would say that the chance is less than 1%. If over time we see the actual product, than this chance may grow.

MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:54:20 PM

I think their focus in the start should not be on mainstream studios, since that will cost a lot of money. Focusing on smaller more indie developers will allow Cryptoflix to offer unique content and that way you don't directly compete with big players like Netflix, but offer unique content that is a niche, a specialized offering.

I couldn't agree more. There are indie film makers who are great at what they do - at a fraction of the cost. Many of them ask for funding via sources such as Indiegogo - and feel strong about losing their independence, their ability to create movies to their liking. Offer them something better and I am sure they will use their talents to make movies for and help market CryptoFlix - a win-win for everybody involved. There should definitely be a solid initiative to reach out to them.

You are right. There are real gems produced by indie film makers. But when Cryptoflix adds a film for funding they have to check the film project very, very closely, so that the investors money isn't risked.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:56:44 PM

CRYPTOFLIX can do better. yes but they must cheaper then netflix. I pay  7,99$ at the moment. Hope CRYPTOFLIX can beat this.  Tongue
96 $ per year, to expensive for me. Iam looking about 1 movie per month and would prefer a payment per movie.
Why Iam looking so less? Not much time, I am in crypto, guys.  Cool

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cmg12

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:08:33 PM

CRYPTOFLIX can do better. yes but they must cheaper then netflix. I pay  7,99$ at the moment. Hope CRYPTOFLIX can beat this.  Tongue
96 $ per year, to expensive for me. Iam looking about 1 movie per month and would prefer a payment per movie.
96 dollars annually in underdeveloped and underbanked countries? This is just impossible...
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:37:14 PM

96 dollars annually in underdeveloped and underbanked countries? This is just impossible...

Guys, there won't be a subscription model. Only if you wanna use the educational content commercially!

I just searched the quote where Chris confirmed this. So no need to speculate about the annual price of a subscription!

Hi everyone - Christian form CRYPTOFLIX here.

Because our name is similar to "Netflix", then there is an assumption that we will have a subscription service. This is not the plan. Our business model is very different from Netflix in that Netflix license content, which is not new to the VOD window, but which is comparable to Pay TV albeit without a fixed schedule. They are focussing more and more on their own content now and has become somewhat of a studio themselves. Our model for paid content is more like that of iTunes but for people without apple devices and with a much more flexible pricing structure. A lot of content will be free and there is no need to have a subscription to watch the free content, however if you use the free content for commercial activities, there is a subscription option for this. The other elements of the business model - especially the Film Financing Market but also ebooks, film production and licensing of the anti piracy tech are all in addition to the main business model, however in themselves potentially big, so there are multiple ways of making CryptoFlix into a successful business.

Join us!
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:40:32 PM

Guys, there won't be a subscription model. Only if you wanna use the educational content commercially!

I just searched the quote where Chris confirmed this. So no need to speculate about the annual price of a subscription!

Hi everyone - Christian form CRYPTOFLIX here.

Because our name is similar to "Netflix", then there is an assumption that we will have a subscription service. This is not the plan. Our business model is very different from Netflix in that Netflix license content, which is not new to the VOD window, but which is comparable to Pay TV albeit without a fixed schedule. They are focussing more and more on their own content now and has become somewhat of a studio themselves. Our model for paid content is more like that of iTunes but for people without apple devices and with a much more flexible pricing structure. A lot of content will be free and there is no need to have a subscription to watch the free content, however if you use the free content for commercial activities, there is a subscription option for this. The other elements of the business model - especially the Film Financing Market but also ebooks, film production and licensing of the anti piracy tech are all in addition to the main business model, however in themselves potentially big, so there are multiple ways of making CryptoFlix into a successful business.

Join us!

Good that you found that, I had this in mind also. Searching here is not an easy task Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Token Williams

Activity: 310
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:21:01 AM

Hey Everyone,

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

I was reading about your suggestions regarding e-books. You are right - it is a good idea and if you read the white paper you will see, that this is already in the medium to long term plan for CryptoFlix. However we are focussing on the streaming platform and the Film Market Place firstly - and then the additions will come later.

Thank you again for your growing interest and support.

And as always don't forget to sign up for the early pre-sale alert on our webpage: www.cryptoflix.io

Take care, Christian

What exactly you will focus on first? Streaming or the film kickstarter system? Because you said you want to start with your project in countries which have some major problems for payments (like third world countries).

Isn't that a bit hard? Not sure what there crypto opportunities are. sure they can buy and sell crypto via a mobile app, but can they properly stream movies?
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:58:16 AM

I would also like to know where that country is most of 3rd world country have a very slow internet connection, streaming movies will sometime took longer waiting than streaming.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:20:52 AM

What exactly you will focus on first? Streaming or the film kickstarter system? Because you said you want to start with your project in countries which have some major problems for payments (like third world countries).
They will develop and launch the streaming platform first according to the roadmap, and then the kickstarter (if you mean the film market)
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:30:30 AM

I would also like to know where that country is most of 3rd world country have a very slow internet connection, streaming movies will sometime took longer waiting than streaming.

yes indeed doesn't seem very doable trying to market those areas if the internet infrastructure is not good enough..?

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:09:00 AM

They will develop and launch the streaming platform first according to the roadmap, and then the kickstarter (if you mean the film market)

Ah thanks. Should have checked the roadmap.

If they start with streaming in the less developed countries I am wondering how people there should pay for movies and tv shows. I know that blockchain is a good replacement for bank accounts which people there will probably lack, but most of these people will also have no or just minimal spare money anyways to pay for entertainment.

Are there any infos about what movies and tv shows should cost there to watch?

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:22:38 AM

Ah thanks. Should have checked the roadmap.

If they start with streaming in the less developed countries I am wondering how people there should pay for movies and tv shows. I know that blockchain is a good replacement for bank accounts which people there will probably lack, but most of these people will also have no or just minimal spare money anyways to pay for entertainment.

Are there any infos about what movies and tv shows should cost there to watch?

no info about prices yet as for what i can see, they may be the last thing that will be decided actually, after the platform is ready

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
coinquangkhanh

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:59:09 AM

Joined telegrame ang earn free coin.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:02:32 AM

I think the price will need some change depending if the countries maybe in poor countries it will be harder to sell the services at the same price than in developped countries. Cryptoflix can manage that with a good use of crypto I think.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:11:44 AM

I think the price will need some change depending if the countries maybe in poor countries it will be harder to sell the services at the same price than in developped countries. Cryptoflix can manage that with a good use of crypto I think.

there is such a thing as regional pricing. I don't think that will be an issue.

therealvau3

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:47:31 AM

Do you have some more information? Cryptoflix telegram? Is there anything running to grap some cryptofilex coins? Thanks
pynetx

Activity: 798
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:52:45 AM

Exclusive shows just for cryptoflix subscriber, otherwise I dont see why people will pay online movies.

Exclusive content is the main reason netflix is selling otherwise no one would bother to pay.

I disagree, there are people paying for the sake of how easy it is to use. exclusive content will arrive once the investment side arrives.

Well, if the same content is on amazon prime and Netflix. I would surely go for amazon prime because of its extra benefits.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:54:59 AM

Do you have some more information? Cryptoflix telegram? Is there anything running to grap some cryptofilex coins? Thanks

https://t.me/CRYPTOFLIXOFFICIAL

There's bounties of course but don't ask on the channel. Go to the forum thread.
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: