Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:28:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 11357 times)
hamster fat

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:05:34 PM

I completely agree that selling altcoins early is not getting the maximum profit.
Yes, some coins may fall and I will get less, but some coins can grow several times and this will bring me more bonuses.
I prefer to use this tactic.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:09:27 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?
It is reallt depends on what your situation is,if you really need some cash or you need to cashout you can pull out your altcoin investments and convert it to bitcoin but if you really dont need to cashout do not pull it out because these altcoins i believed can give you more gains than holding your bitcoins alone.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:15:04 PM

Panic selling is a part of human psyche and people who do not have the holding power or cannot bear the losses would need to sell. Each has a different vision, a different scope. Also there is still a lack of awareness and education around cryptos, and sometimes people believe media hypes over the confidence they ought to have in a well studied project. I also believe it is a bad idea, but it is also a matter of choice.
Djabba

Activity: 528
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:16:50 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

I believe people have different reasons and even me myself i have few reasons why i can decide why it is time to sell. One of them is that it is not always really great coins you get lets say when you are in ICO. It can be priced well in the begin just because a lot of hype around. But with the time the interest can decrease and the price will drop. There are some gems which i can keep for pretty long time, but most of the time i still sell good part of them just to have some freedom to invest again
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:31:13 PM

Altcoin also reach the all country people. So people invest and buy the coin for the future growth. It any time to change the price. So people get more information for future growth and improve the future investment. It good opportunity for improve your business and finance proces.
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:41:46 PM

People are in fear because of the current market condition and the fear that the prices with low further thats why they are selling their altcoins, but i think this is a mistake they should hold for some time untill the markets recovers.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:42:35 PM

Actually, i am not selling my altcoins. Because I know when BTC will up, all altcoins will up too. This is not the time for sell rather this the actual right time to buy altcoins when the price is poor. But sad but true, I sold EBCH today, because I need money and I think it was not wrong. So, if you need money then you may sell your altcoins and if you don't need money then hold your altcoins. Thi is my formula

styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:51:33 PM

I think a person's perspective depends quite a lot on when they got into crypto. I got in just before ETH began it's surge up from $40, so ETH has always been my favourite, and I sometimes sell alts to buy ETH. Similarly for people who've been here years, they might have bought bitcoin under $100, and so just see alts as tokens to trade in order to accumulate more BTC.
MaiQwaN

Activity: 1036
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:04:49 PM

If you are a skilled trader and you have time to profitably trade every day then you can do it. If you do not feel the strength for profitable trading, then it is better to Hodl coins for a long time. If only you do not need money to live today.
johnyespapa

Activity: 257

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:09:29 PM

Maybe because i know when to have a good entry and exit points? usually im pulling out my altcoins investments when a bitcoin is showing a bullish or bearish trend just to be safe because bitcoin's price is very unstable nowaways because there are two much manipulation from these big players at the market that are forcing bitcoin's price to move whenever they want to get more profits from the small fishes.

rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:31:38 PM

Apart of people who do day trading, I think the ones who sell their altcoins so soon are newcomers. They come full of hopes, expecting to get rich fast and put their money in all kinds of shticoins with nothing else than a catchy name or a shinny whitepaper. Then they panic when experience the first time sudden drop of the price or hear some FUD news. Patience is the key in crypto, my rule is never sell at a loss unless I have a good reason to do it.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:57:49 PM

It doesnt mean that if i sold my altcoins i am doing it because i have some doubts,it is really depends on the market situation my strategy is to have advance reaction to the market trend,if bitcoin is going to dump surely most of the people will pull out their investments in altcoins that is why most of the people are selling their coins before a dumpage happen on the other hand while bitcoin is going to go bullrun people are pulling out their altcoins two because the price of these alts will surely dump when a bull run happened.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:55:28 PM

Mostly people have fear and they expect x10 in 1 week, they dont see the result, they think that they have lost their money and so they sell
I'm holding all my altcoins waiting for all the completment of the project  and then i'll choose what to do
Now it's the time to buy!

I think so too. Many have been in dream world, especially the newbies in the market that their investments could rise up quickly and largely; however, the cryptocurrency market doesn't work like that. I also agree with your idea that, right now, the best plan of action to mitigate or at least evade losses is by holding on to your coins. If you would trade now while the market is not in a good state, you would only get a loss, which is not good, especially for a newbie who is just staring out. That would suck the air out of your mindset about the cryptocurrency market.

ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:16:46 PM

Buying and selling, this behavior is the main rule of trade. If i can buy a coin with a lower price and have more pieces of coin, it would be a wise move to do it. Of course, when doing these operations i have to predict very well the price of the top or bottom of the coin, otherwise i would do to loss, others win.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:38:48 PM

you have to realize this, there is a long-terrm period that is temporary, don't make regrets present in the disbelief of your actions, they have many reasons, selling beacause of need or sell because of ignorance. etc.

bratbu

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:44:34 PM

Because i am only securing my profits,as a day trader i need to have an average 10-15% daily average gain so that i will have 300-450% monthly.Ther are few reason why a trader would sell his altcoins,one the bitcoin is starting to dump or pump either of the two would affect altcoins alts it is suggested to get out from altcoins if bitcoin is starting to be unstable so that you wont have any further loss.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:47:02 PM

Because this gangsta need to get paid Grin On the more serious note i earn for life from crypto and need to sell some of it to stay a float,also i do a lot of trading and without inside info about certain coin i get more money from trading with that $ then i would get holding it trapped if that coin ever moon
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:54:05 PM

Well, I have not sold much of my investment so far. Some sold, but these were not very promising projects. I sold them, because I needed Ethereum to buy coins on ICO. In my opinion it is better to buy something good than to keep your money in shitty projects. But 80% of my investments remain untouched.
Condoriano

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:55:31 PM

This because of FUDS. Other holders are on panic to minimize their losses not knowing coins will recover soon. This the effect when you jump in when everything is skyrocketing and suddenly drop. This is normal in this industry.

Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:08:26 PM

yes, when conditions like today, we better hodl and wait for the market price until stabilize again, and that's the solution today. but also some people choose to sell their altcoins because they are worried and afraid the crypto world will end.

so their principle is a little better profit rather than getting nothing
Another reason is also due to necessity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: