Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:38:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 11361 times)
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:26:44 PM

I don't know about people whom are selling but I think it is better not to sell now till we know the direction cryptocurrency are heading to because basically, all coins are quite low now. Most people may be selling because they fear that the end of cryptocurrency has come and it is mostly caused by FUD. My suggestion, you did the right thing by holding, keep on holding your coins.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:32:30 PM

My friend sold all the Cryptocurrency before the New Year and bought a house. Now that the market has fallen, we can conclude that he did the right thing. Now he is bought back the part at low prices. Therefore, even selling is not always a bad thing. When selling at the peak, you can afford to withdraw part of the dollars and buy at a low price, too, the number of tokens.

ccryptopark

Activity: 300
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:36:07 PM

I am definitely not. Perfect time to buy more ITC myself. Rival to IOTA. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iot-chain/
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:47:54 PM

This because of FUDS. Other holders are on panic to minimize their losses not knowing coins will recover soon. This the effect when you jump in when everything is skyrocketing and suddenly drop. This is normal in this industry.
Fud and fake news is a big influence these days why people are panic selling their crypto investment.
Honestly before even here in forum its happening until now they use the social medias and blog news to spread the fake news about crypto and they heard the bad news sooner or later the price slowly decreases and the awesome thing if they heard the good news about altcoin or cryptocurrency expect the price is getting increasing back..
For me this is normal because there are lots of competitors and every each of them are making bad news just to down other crytocurrency.
Its just like in business online and they wanted to get rankup to the first page in search engine (SEO) you should make a move to rank down the other competitors and start making a bad news just to rank down your competitors its just like in cryptocurrency..
So for me its a normal that we are seeing selling altcoin sooner but there are other people are stay strong holding their altcoins..
Also there  are day traders which is doing buy now and sell soon but it gonna affect the market they are investing in new coin mostly and sell soon because the price is increasing when other buyers are keep buying..
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:59:00 PM

Most of people now are holding their coins and waiting for the good time to selling the coins. And they may feel fear and worry of how long they should waiting for the market raise the price of altcoins. I also holding my tokens and waiting for selling all my tokens. The best advice is do not focus on thinking about the price, do what we can do now and think positive.
poketis22

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:36:46 PM

Fools sell altcoins and withdraw money into dollars, and smart people buy altcoins, as in spring as it promises gonna be a strong growth in altcoins, so do not rush to draw conclusions about everyone! Not everyone sells, many people buy, and you are well done that you keep them and don’t sell!
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:40:42 PM

Well most people or the "newbies" to be honest because a professional wont sell hes altcoins in a week or 2 or 3. He would hold it for months and more. So a newbie expects to make profit in a week or 2 or a month and just sell its.wrong move.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
luongdk

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:56:55 PM

I think it is the madness to sell all coins that you have earned. The best variant is to diversificate it, some on dollars, some in Bitcoins or Ethereum, and some for better time. Sometimes it shoots. So you must be mad to sell all your coins and even not invest in any main cryptocurrency, if you are so mad - go to bank and  make a deposit. May be in a year you will have 3-4% of profit.
Janinjo11

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Janinjo tips

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:58:43 PM

I didn't sell any so far. But one day I will, when I will be satisfied with te profits.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:03:13 PM

Not selling of mine until the market recovers to all-time high levels again. Not really seeing a lot of value panicking.
Blockchains are the future, many industry leaders agreed on this. It is just that nobody knows which ones are going to be on top.
These altcoins/projects would need a lot of time though to be successful.

GhostOfWar

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:03:52 PM

Many people think only today, they do not think that it's better not to sell alts now and wait for the best moment. Many sell to buy BTC or ETH, or worry that if they do not sell now, then there will not be such an opportunity and the rate will fall. I think the best way is to analyze those alts that are in your crypto portfolio.
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:09:32 PM

I agree with you, There is no point investing something and selling it cheaply to buy other items.
but given that "Not all altcoins will survive" this is one of the reasons why they have altcoin so quickly.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:15:29 PM

Selling it to buy bitcoin? I guess they are trying to invest now that bitcoin is low considering the fact that bitcoin is set to rise.it is a wise decision, I think.
HoaNguyen

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:17:14 PM

There are so many reasons why people decided to sell their altcoins but I think the most popular reason is that they're panic seller.  Grin. They're so afraid of the huge dump and try to cut the loss cause they didn't believe that there is any chance for these coin to be able to recover although it has very good potential or high rank coin or token Smiley). But sometime they decided to sell their altcoin just because they have some trouble and really need cash at that time Smiley

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:24:00 PM

Well most people or the "newbies" to be honest because a professional wont sell hes altcoins in a week or 2 or 3. He would hold it for months and more. So a newbie expects to make profit in a week or 2 or a month and just sell its.wrong move.

Really depend on your trading strategy because even professional trader sold their altcoins for a short period of time although I agree that newbies are more volatile but I think it covers everyone here. Its a matter of who can hold good altcoins in a long period of time specially when in dump market.
btcpara

Activity: 182
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:00:23 PM

This depends differently from person to person. I sell half when my coin has gone about 2x and then sell the rest at 5x and 10x. If the coin has significant fundamental value, I can hold it even upto 15 or 20x from the price at which I bought it at. But usually i sell max at 10x and move to other coins.
Cryptohad

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:19:09 PM

when market conditions are bad like today, then all we have to do is hodl or buy more bitcoin and altcoin, I myself prefer to invest in bitcoin or in ETH, I do not like other altcoin. although many altcoins have good development.

therefore when i get altcoin from trading or from bounty, then i prefer to convert to BTC or ETH.

or sometimes I sell BTC because of the very important needs. so forced to sell even though market conditions are still bad.
CopMom

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:26:09 PM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altcoins so soon?

In my opinion, it is because of the psychological fear of losing all the money invested in altcoins, so people often have the psychology to cut losses soon as the rate of altcoins decreases. In part due to FOMO psychology, uncontrollable emotions led to the decision to sell quickly. I always hold for sure the altcoins rate will increase in the future.

✦ ───    OATH  ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium   ────── ▌▐ 
Pedro18

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:31:18 PM

some people selling their altcoins because they already have profits or they will use the profits. Like participating in new ICO or buying new altcoins to get more profits. That's how it works. No need to make some big profits, as long as you have small profits, it will work.
Man21

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:36:00 AM

some people selling their altcoins because they already have profits or they will use the profits. Like participating in new ICO or buying new altcoins to get more profits. That's how it works. No need to make some big profits, as long as you have small profits, it will work.

I think this is the reason why people sell their altcoin so soon. Profit which we look for and if we have in profit then we need to sell it soon.
We dont know wheater the price will rise again or maybe lower, so by selling them, we keep our profit in hand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: