Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 111 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are you selling your altcoins so soon?  (Read 11355 times)
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:49:25 AM

most people are paying for atlcoin to BTC because not all altcoins are good in the future if BTC is obviously increasing every year, I alone sell altcoin not in a hurry when the market rises again I just sell it but there are some that I hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:54:06 AM

most of the time people want to secure some money , they don't want  to risk any more when they have gone x5 in a short time. or some are trying to sell high and catch the dip , there can me multiple reasons.
SenSeiSoKo

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:58:09 AM

don't sell altcoins when they are good
Nightmare0619

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:02:07 AM

There are alt coins that needs to be hold, some are need to be sold... Not all will survive man... If you think the timing is right, sell it if i you think you already got enough... No need to risk more if you need the money badly... But still, greater risk means greater prize...  But it still depends on so many situations.
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:08:07 AM

I kept my alt coins just in case their price is going up but if they do not have any prospect to go up then I will sell them immediately. There is no use keeping them. But when I looked at people at the third world country which trying to get some money by buying alt coins, they sell them after they get it, its understandable that they need it for living.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:12:03 AM

For some altcoins it was a just bad decision, not enough research for me. So I'm selling it once getting 30%-50% profit, not waiting for 10x. Some just pump and dump coins, buy low and sell high, repeat. I'm always selling up to 30% and take some risk if I see that it is just a pump and nothing special going on with the coin. If I'm lucky, could buy back more later when price dumps to existing support levels.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
zhea

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:29:09 AM

As you have listed many people have different views in selling their altcoins, I will say mostly why people sell their altcoins is because of fear of future drop in their prices. As for me and what I have stand to learn I don't sell in hastely situation but wait for the right timing which is when there is increment in their prices.

True, people do have different reasons why they sell their altcoins so soon. I agree that they have fear for the continuous drop of its price and some other reasons for me they really need to sell it and convert it to cash to spend for their daily expenses. It is really a good technique to hold it and just patiently wait for the right timing to sell it in order to become more profitable in the future and also take the risk to have bigger chances of earning more.
Blondy12

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:30:07 AM

Holding too much altcoins is not a bad idea though but just make sure that all the coins that you are holdings are a potential coins because there are lots of shitcoins now a days. What if majority of what you have are weak coins and not strong enough to survive  in months? Then you will ended up a loser. In this crypto business we should be wiser enough for us to avoid a huge loss.
ValarMorghulis

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:31:56 AM

people are selling their altcoins so soon because they are afraid to gamble and cannot to restrain themselves when the price is increasing.
that's why there are so many people regret it after they sold their coins.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:32:10 AM

Why do I often or people often sell their coins very quickly. Many factors influence that. For example I personally often sell my coins quickly. First I need money for living expenses, Second sometimes the coins that I get the price is always down then I avoid these things.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 05:03:56 AM

its not main crypto . if they think it was a good time to sell he should do .
but if the project its really promising and you think their project should be more than right now im prefer to hold it .
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:14:49 AM

The last fall of the crypto-currency market dragged on for almost two months, so some Altocain holders could not stand and started selling their coins in panic. It seemed to them that they would never rise in price. In some cases, people just needed money, situations are different. However, now, when the market began to rise, bitcoin began to grow slowly in price, and after it began to rise altkoins, the situation changed. And those who could not stand it and sold their coins, suffered a decent loss.

Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:48:01 AM

In most cases people take the cryptocurrencies world as a magic land where miracle are to happen in terms of price rise 10×10 but when that is not forth coming they become frustrated and sell off with little or no gain at all. But the best thing to do is to hold because coin are assets and at that it value increase with time.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:51:44 AM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?
Most people are afraid to sell all the altcoin they have, because they think that altcoin will not last long, at the right time they prefer to sell it, even switching the investment on bitcoin. they are more confident of choosing to invest in bitcoin, because Bitcoin always grows when compared with altcoin that is not yet clear growth in the future.
Janinejoson

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:57:50 AM

I here and see that a lot of people are selling their altcoins for this reason or for that reason. In some cases I here that people are even spending their altcoins to buy Bitcoin. Now that one really has me confused. To me it's way to early to be selling your altcoins. It's like selling an original painting before it even gains in value or while it is still gaining in value. What smart investor does that unless they are selling out of fear or because they are desperate. For me I am holding all of my coins for now because it is way to early to even think about selling your altcoins; what say you?

So tell me, why are you selling your altscoins so soon?
If you are in the market at long time, then you know why we are selling our altcoins than soon. In the market, price is capricious and anytime you can have a profit or can have some losses. Some of us has the fear to have a losses at a bigger price base on how much we invest or hodl. We're just being practical to avoid losses and decided to sell our altcoins that quick when we see that we've already have a profit from it.
Onur_luna

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:16:21 AM

I do not think it makes much sense to hold a handheld.
The momentary fluctuation must be caught and land must be crossed. I do not think that it will be possible to profit by waiting in subcrypto units. I think it must be very sensitive and careful. Grin
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:26:39 AM

It depends on some factors. First, they are cashing out because of "free money" or they have made a quick profit once it hits the exchange. It's either they are cashing out to buy more altcoins at lower prices or even converting them to fiat currency to buy some needs and wants in their respective lives.

Like me, when a token distributed to me last December, I decided to cash them out because I want to pay all of my debts plus buying a cheap laptop for me to work outside of my home (and buy Christmas gifts for my loved ones).

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
BinManR

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:29:24 AM

I think that depends on the strategy, the views on the business of each person. Maybe they have financial problems, or some other reason.
My business view is clear, if there is a certain profit. I will sell it. Grin
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 09:44:49 AM

I did not, Iam selling my coin only if need money immediately because my goal to hold all my coin in 1 years , so could be i get good return of investment. Because i know the community of cryptocurrency will be bigger in every years because crypto just like internet will be many people interest on it and jump in to it. And finally the demand also will increasing because cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology is very usefull in many kind of industry.

veliq

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:01:35 AM

I think they sell because they either see the minimum profit and want to fix the earned amount or go into negative and do not want to part with their money
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 111 »
  Print  

Jump to: