Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628602 times)
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:51:53 AM

Minor issue. My last two trades for XBT/XRP @ buy/market show 'Canceled' (in red) when they have actually gone through immediately and without issue. It's just a visual thing... It should read 'Closed' (in green).
What does the executed volume say? Did you perhaps do an order for you entire balance? I get this when the fees for the order cause your balance to become zero when executing the order. So say you have 1btc in your account and do a 1 btc market sell order with fees deducted from the btc balance. Then the order will have status cancelled and volume executed 0.999.. or something.

Hmm.. Yes, I suppose you're right. Looking at the transaction detail I see this below Canceled: "Reason... Insignificant volume remaining" That explains it, thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AveragePro

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:48:05 AM

I'm having problems withdrawing from Kraken.

My first withdrawal was very quick and in my account within 2 working days, this was excellent. However I have made subsequent withdrawals 12 days ago to the exact same bank account account (bank details stored on Kraken website so there are no errors in the details as Kraken have already successfully sent money to this account). I am still yet to receive any funds from these requested withdrawals despite their status as 'success' on Kraken.

Kraken in my experience is one of the best exchanges out there, but I would not want to think Kraken deliberately expedite users first withdrawal and then slow them down to MtGox style service.

Dargo, I have PM'd you.
CryptoMxM

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:25:07 PM

Same problem for me... nearly 3 weeks passed and no funds on my account...
I contacted the support 10 days ago, sent them the bank receipt and a screenshot of my bank account webpage, but to date it seems they have not started any investigation yet...
I know your support is overwhelmed by work but, I just can not understand how it can be so slow to verify the receipt of a wire ...  Huh

Keep in mind that the issue may be more difficult than just verifying the receipt of a wire. It may be that we simply haven't received the deposit and it's a matter of searching rather than verifying (and searching can take a while). Even if your bank tells you we have received the funds, they may have only traced the wire as far as some intermediary bank. Bank transfers often go through at least one intermediary bank and in a small fraction of cases they get stuck at the intermediary bank.

But regardless of what's happened, it sounds like you're not getting responsive support on this. If you PM me your ticket number I can take a look for you.

The support has just contacted me to explain the problem ... it seems that my wire is stuck somewhere in intermediary banks, and the investigations can take from 2 to 4 weeks... ouch!  Shocked ... I hope this won't  happen again for a long time!   
Should I wait the solution of this issue before trying to make another wire?  Undecided

Thank you Dargo.
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 09:23:26 PM

My first withdrawal was very quick and in my account within 2 working days, this was excellent. However I have made subsequent withdrawals 12 days ago to the exact same bank account account (bank details stored on Kraken website so there are no errors in the details as Kraken have already successfully sent money to this account). I am still yet to receive any funds from these requested withdrawals despite their status as 'success' on Kraken.

Kraken in my experience is one of the best exchanges out there, but I would not want to think Kraken deliberately expedite users first withdrawal and then slow them down to MtGox style service.

Dargo, I have PM'd you.

PM'd you back. I looked at the withdrawal account you created and noticed a problem with it. I'm surprised the first transfer even worked. But the funds have been returned to us, so we'll credit your account ASAP and you can withdraw again after fixing the issue with your withdrawal account.
arlekyn13

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:44:09 AM

Dargo, I have PM'd you.

All my withdrawals were quick, actually, I think the longest one was my 1st (1st took 3 business days, my last one was credited to my bank account the next business day, using SEPA). Anyways, delays might occur from the receiving bank as well, depending on the amount. Banks are sometimes very cautious when it comes to receiving repeated funds that are not exactly "salary" into personal accounts.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
AveragePro

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:53:48 AM

Dargo, I have PM'd you.

All my withdrawals were quick, actually, I think the longest one was my 1st (1st took 3 business days, my last one was credited to my bank account the next business day, using SEPA). Anyways, delays might occur from the receiving bank as well, depending on the amount. Banks are sometimes very cautious when it comes to receiving repeated funds that are not exactly "salary" into personal accounts.

Dargo and support have been very helpful and it looks like this problem is on it's way to being resolved. It was a problem with me/my bank rather than Kraken systems. Fingers crossed
asbestross

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:23:30 PM

Seems I'm having problems withdrawing also.
3x withdrawals made on 7th / 8th January which have failed to appear in my account unfortunately.

All details have been checked and verified as correct also.

Dargo, have sent you a PM also as support seem unresponsive.

Cheers
scorpty

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:24:28 PM

I have an support ticket (#14288) open for more than a week now.

It is about two take profit orders which were closed at a market price far below the take profit price (like €100 below the market price). And they had a different take profit price, but were closed one second after each other.
It could be a bug, so I think it would be good if someone of kraken.com looked after it.
But at least I would like to have a reaction to my ticket, and maybe the orders could be reverted or something like that.

Someone replied to your ticket a little while ago.
Updates on this? The ticket reply only promised that a dev would look into it...
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:29:31 PM

Does the Kraken public API support CORS?

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.
Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

Is there any way to increase deposit/withdrawal limits without having a company (which is required for Tier 4 verification)?
Avalaxy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:54:43 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:17:08 AM by Avalaxy

Hey everyone, I created a Kraken app for Windows Phone 8 Smiley I made a thread about it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416005.0. Note that this is not an official app.

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
MusX

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:58:09 AM

Is there any way to increase deposit/withdrawal limits without having a company (which is required for Tier 4 verification)?
already discussed, conclusion: you may try to ask support, in my case it did nothing, but they state they will increase limits very soon for all Tier 3.

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 02:24:52 AM

already discussed, conclusion: you may try to ask support, in my case it did nothing, but they state they will increase limits very soon for all Tier 3.

Tier 4 is available for individuals, not just companies. To inquire about tier 4 for individuals, you will (gasp!) have to submit a support ticket about it. Support is still running slow, but it's improving.

We're not increasing limits for all of tier 3. We will essentially have an alternative tier 3 that has higher limits, but people who are at the old tier 3 won't convert over to this automatically. Saying that it's coming "very soon" is a bit of a stretch I'd say. It's probably a few weeks away at least. 
Avalaxy

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 03:14:21 AM

Hey Dargo,

Is there any word when the API will support OHLC/historic data?

Also, I have a few concerns with the way third-party apps have to authenticate themselves with Kraken. For example:

• Windows Phone does NOT support SHA-512 or HMAC, I can imagine there are more platforms that don't offer these algorithms.
  • The whole API key thing is not only very un-userfriendly, but also a huge security vulnerability. API keys can get stolen, or accidentally published (for example in a public github repo).
  • The way the API sign needs to be created is way too complex (and poorly documented).

Imho it would be much better if authentication would use OAuth. Should I report these concerns to the CTO, or do I need to create a support ticket?

BTC: 1BvzHyU2WnxtVYbUZYdQ6RExwLUZTfBN1K
LTC: LfoPTEEyhdRHn8Sob8tu1iLz8AjVpvAXa4
MusX

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:49:37 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 08:00:06 AM by MusX

thanks Dargo for clarification, let us know (the old Tier 3) when this upgrade will be ready and We can start to apply via support. Currently I had to stop trading on kraken for a while to restore monthly limits Sad

Avalaxy, what platform/language are you going to code? kraken auth process is quite complex but it is not a way more complex then the other exchanges. It is not hard to use currently provided examples and similar examples from other markets (there will be tons of them). In my signature you can find another language code to handle auth on kraken.
About api keys security, I believe there is no better alternative now to be used.

Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:57:37 AM

Is there any word when the API will support OHLC/historic data?
For the time being, you can use Bitcoincharts.com for historical data, at least to some extent. They recently picked up Kraken support and they offer an API to fetch historical data for exchanges they support. Since they started gathering data less than 2 weeks ago, there's not that much history there yet.

• Windows Phone does NOT support SHA-512 or HMAC, I can imagine there are more platforms that don't offer these algorithms.
  • The whole API key thing is not only very un-userfriendly, but also a huge security vulnerability. API keys can get stolen, or accidentally published (for example in a public github repo).
  • The way the API sign needs to be created is way too complex (and poorly documented).

Imho it would be much better if authentication would use OAuth. Should I report these concerns to the CTO, or do I need to create a support ticket?
OAuth also uses HMAC, so if your platform doesn't natively do HMAC, OAuth would also be a problem. If there are OAuth libraries available, you might be able to canibalize these to obtain the relevant signing code.

As for the complexity of the authentication process, it's not significantly more or less complex than what other exchanges do. The principle is similar to OAuth, except that the exchanges work with a static API key for authentication, whereas OAuth dynamically generates a key/secret pair every time the user logs in on the website to authenticate the app. But beyond that point, the process for creating requests is the same, save for some implementation differences.
asbestross

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:33:40 AM

Well in my case the situation looks very bleak.

Having had contact from Kraken support agents, the problem has potential been identified as to why my withdrawals have disappeared. Whilst initiating the transfers and setting the account up, I spoke to my local bank over the phone to confirm IBAN / BIC etc. Was stated that I would need to use an intermediary bank, BIC for such provided but no bank name / address could be given for this intermediary bank. When quizzed if this would cause a problem was uncategorically assured that there would be no problems with no giving the further detail.

As it so happens this is not the case; if your bank requires an intermediary bank to be used, YOU MUST ENTER THEIR ADDRESS! Support investigating accordingly, but likely going to be a few weeks before I see this money again.

....and to top it all off, have just found out that my SEPA IBAN detail which was given to me by my bank yesterday, WAS ALSO WRONG. So a second payment was issued to an incorrect IBAN. Bloody banks are horrendous, I tell you.

Dargo, whilst I understand you're likely swamped with support requests. Any assistance you could offer to escalate tickets #17077 and #16784 would be greatly appreciated.

Sigh!

asbestross

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:21:19 PM

Sad story ...

I hope for you, that a solution come rapidly ...

My recommendation would be if you cannot determine yourself your banking information  (IBAN or other) stay away of this bank or stay away of bank transfers

Well, on a plus note have raised formal complaint with my bank and been assured that any lost funds / fee's will be compensated for, so will not suffer a financial loss; only issue is going to be the delays with recovering lost funds.

I would agree that to stay away from this bank; but it is a major bank whom I've been a customer of for well over 8 years. These kind of mistakes should not happen!
In the wrong IBAN given by my bank, I noticed that one digit was different to my account number and specifically queried this with the agent, but was assured without question that that IBAN she provided was correct.

At least this will prove a good test for Kraken support I guess; will update as progress made.

Cheers

tbosman

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:32:23 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 04:50:00 PM by tbosman

(continuing this from the beta-thread that was necro'ed)

I was trying to develop a liquidity provider algo to this exchange but it's impossible to work with current rate limits.
I'm receiving the error rate limit exceeded even if i post one request every 6 seconds.
That limit is ridiculously low for developing trading bots.
Hope you will find a way to allow at least 1 order or request per second in the future, this is a very serious issue for an exchange that wants to attract liquidity and be competitive.  
Can you please write of these limits in the API page?
It sucks to lose 3 working days to code something big and then realizing it can't work because of this ridiculous low rate limit!

Hi - It's not a big deal, but you've necroed our beta thread. We have a post-launch thread now and that's the best place to post stuff (it's in this same subforum).  

I agree that if you're trying to operate as a liquidity provider or market maker, the standard limits aren't nearly enough. But we do offer higher limits for people who will be acting as liquidity providers. Just create a support ticket about it and PM me with the ticket number.

The standard rate limit should allow for 1 call every 5 seconds, so I'm not sure why you're having trouble with 1 call every 6 seconds.

Any chance of better rate limits for regular users as well? One call every 5 seconds is rather low. Right now, volume is low enough that this likely isn't a big issue, but bots can help to push volume and liquidity (even bots not operated for the purpose of market making) and being able to have more rapidly updating data is quite useful for bots.

Alternatively, and probably even better, a websocket/streaming API that provides continuous updates (like what MtGox is using or the "hidden" Bitstamp websocket) would be nice.

Any plans to upgrade this public part of the API?
Any luck asking for higher limits? I've "pitched" my algo because they were reluctant to up the limits on account of my balance being small, but i'm still waiting on the response. I'm would like to now what kind of a rates i should think of for a volume of around 10-20K usd per day.

Related to this, i understand kraken values its trading engine resources highly. I really think you should krank down the decimals allowed for prices. 5 decimals
at 600 eur per btc is insignificantly low compared to transaction cost and spread, especially with these kinds of volumes.  I sometimes see bots trying to outbid eachother for 0.00001 price differences, which does almost nothing for the spread nor trading volume but takes up just as much resources nonetheless. Incidentally it also makes it much easier to see what average price at size is going to be when looking at the orderbook.

I'd say 2 decimals is more then enough, which is relatively still higher then the ticksize in fiat forex, where volume is much higher, volatility lower and transaction cost much smaller. Also bitstamp does it succesfully being one of the biggest players.

Anyone wants to weigh in on this?

edit: Another thing about the api, it seems to me that calls for account balance/trade history/open orders is much less intensive to your system, as this is just a read operation. Maybe it's an idea to have a separate limit for these calls, or let them count towards your limit fractionally or something. To me higher limits are mainly necessary to know faster whether my orders are filled yet this takes away from the amount of orders i can do right now.
MusX

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:18:52 PM

Dargo, just to follow up tbosman post, if you would have change the decimal precision of any currency pair please do inform (at least here) because my opensourced kraken interface library (link in signature) already handle currently used number of decimal places.
Such change would affect a lot of customers due to this library is opensource on MIT license so can be easily used anywhere.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: