Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:18:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1  (Read 121919 times)
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:07:45 AM

Is there a client for Mac?

There was one floating around but it's not from a trusted source. I have been working on it but haven't really had the time to get it working just yet. But will get to this soon.

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:14:25 AM

Did you send any coins out of the wallet since then?, or done any transfers (this can reset them), also did you set reserve balance option?

If  no on these , Pm me What version + trans# or address, if possible..

I have 1060 coins ago, and transferred out 1K days ago, leave 60 coin in my wallet, these 60 coin's age has been reset 0 too? I think I don't move them in the whole period, why their age reset with the 1K coin?

Yes this is normal behavior, if you are sending coins it's best to wait for stake first. If you have an input for 1060 the wallet will break this up and coin age will reset on all to make output. Here is exact example:

(its these two dates and times for posts, if you are directed to top of page, it's near bottom)

please see my response post after this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg4410041#msg4410041

WalkerLi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

hello world, hello crypto

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:27:29 AM

Did you send any coins out of the wallet since then?, or done any transfers (this can reset them), also did you set reserve balance option?

I have 1060 coins ago, and transferred out 1K days ago, leave 60 coin in my wallet, these 60 coin's age has been reset 0 too? I think I don't move them in the whole period, why their age reset with the 1K coin?

Yes this is normal behavior, if you are sending coins it's best to wait for stake first. If you have an input for 1060 the wallet will break this up and coin age will reset on all to make output. Here is exact example:

(its these two dates and times for posts, if you are directed to top of page, it's near bottom)

Thanks, I got it.
Another question, if I transfer in some coins, will it reset all the coin's age in the wallet? Or use the wallet for solo mining, the pow block will reset the whole coin's age?

Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:03:00 AM

Thanks, I got it.
Another question, if I transfer in some coins, will it reset all the coin's age in the wallet? Or use the wallet for solo mining, the pow block will reset the whole coin's age?

No Problem.

No only the stones in the input it uses to spend(out,incoming is fine). And solo mining PoW blocks is fine (unless you move those specific stones).

Speaking of which coin choose is down.. so anyone who wanted to mine easy... well there you go

WalkerLi

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:09:38 AM

Thanks, I got it.

No Problem.

No only the stones in the input it uses to spend(out,incoming is fine). And solo mining PoW blocks is fine (unless you move those specific stones).

Speaking of which coin choose is down.. so anyone who wanted to mine easy... well there you go

Thanks for your reply:)

WalkerLi

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:11:19 AM

I really want to mine it, but the difficulty is too high, it seems caused by POS blocks, do you have any plan about this issue, if not, it will be a pure POS coin soon.

digeros

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:33:16 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 06:09:00 PM by digeros

This is the block Explorer Balance of the Development Fund for PHS and

http://diamondblocks.info/address/9fy8YX65LbUCeakWvXmNYrisrnK96ZGwtf

I am STUNNED TO SEE THE CHEAPNESS of this community.... I know that I am the one who sent the 10K... But that is all spent for VPS hosting (geek stuff to support the young stone network)

You Guys want a Developer Who has to get a DAY-JOB to pay his Rent?Huh?  You want PHS to die on the vine??? If you like PHS as one of the BEST POS systems coin THEN SUPPORT IT.  ways you can support PHS:

Run your wallet 24/7 so it will act as a node.

Write letters to companies that can give PHS payment services like coinpayments.net and any others you know..

Vote to have PHS added to more websites and services when it is possible.

donate PHS or BTC to the PHS Developments fund... thanks

-digeros
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:30:05 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 07:59:06 PM by Palmdetroit

I really want to mine it, but the difficulty is too high, it seems caused by POS blocks, do you have any plan about this issue, if not, it will be a pure POS coin soon.

There has always been a fight PoS vrs PoW and PoS has been winning for some time now. There is those times of difficulty drops that makes great opportunities to PoW mine quite well. The long term goal of all PoS is this direction, which favors less energy usage to maintain the network longterm (i.e. you don't need mining hardware to create money supply) ,vrs for example BTC which is ever increasing use of resources. I think longer term this will become more acknowledged.

and other times I wonder if we just kick the decimal to the right 5 or 6 spaces and rebrand as DawgStone  Cheesy Cheesy

WalkerLi

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 01:43:53 AM

There has always been a fight PoS vrs PoW and PoS has been winning for some time now. There is those times of difficulty drops that makes great opportunities to PoW mine quite well. The long term goal of all PoS is this direction, which favors less energy usage to maintain the network longterm (i.e. you don't need mining hardware to create money supply) ,vrs for example BTC which is ever increasing use of resources. I think longer term this will become more acknowledged.

and other times I wonder if we just kick the decimal to the right 5 or 6 spaces and rebrand as DawgStone  Cheesy Cheesy

Thanks for your reply, in my opinion, pure pos coin should get more application, because of POW coin can definition the price as pow hashrate.

digeros

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:04:30 PM

NEW WALLET update GET IT HERE:::

http://sourceforge.net/projects/philosopherstone/files/PHS/Philosopherstone-1.3.2-win32.zip/download

-digeros
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 05:44:13 PM

This coin making a deserved comeback  Cool
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

This coin making a deserved comeback  Cool

Good, wouldn't mine seeing a 150x boost like the last rally.

I think its about time to think about branding of PHS going froward and would appreciate any feedback. This is an open project and should be a team effort, not just one individual.  I know some posts have said they are interested in doing this. Obviously we need a consistent image and message, and would be best if we had someone to do this full time, or at least put the time in to do it.  I know a few also wanting to slowly accumulate (ie sleeper) and then proceed. PHS stake is a simple 50%, no abstract math algorithms here, and its main feature.

Also some are interested in changing the look of the client and this is not really very difficult as long as someone can put the graphic work in and something we can agree on. Open to suggestions and thoughts of how to go forward. PHS might be more successful being more than a one man show/skeleton crew.(I do know some are actively helping).

If we have weak spots or areas no one can contribute the time to,then PHS is going to need some donations for bounties to fill in these gaps as well.

slowgin222

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 09:50:02 PM

I think its about time to think about branding of PHS going froward and would appreciate any feedback. This is an open project and should be a team effort, not just one individual.  I know some posts have said they are interested in doing this. Obviously we need a consistent image and message, and would be best if we had someone to do this full time, or at least put the time in to do it.  I know a few also wanting to slowly accumulate (ie sleeper) and then proceed. PHS stake is a simple 50%, no abstract math algorithms here, and its main feature.

Also some are interested in changing the look of the client and this is not really very difficult as long as someone can put the graphic work in and something we can agree on. Open to suggestions and thoughts of how to go forward. PHS might be more successful being more than a one man show/skeleton crew.(I do know some are actively helping).

If we have weak spots or areas no one can contribute the time to,then PHS is going to need some donations for bounties to fill in these gaps as well.

Why don't we put up the new designs to a vote in a poll? PHS is a great coin and could be doing much better. It just needs a stronger marketing presence after the graphic work is all done.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:34:13 PM

Why don't we put up the new designs to a vote in a poll? PHS is a great coin and could be doing much better. It just needs a stronger marketing presence after the graphic work is all done.

Yep I agree , I posted what we have so far here: (can get someone to do a voting poll, maybe get some more images?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg3134831#msg3134831

I think marketing is the big issue,..  I do simple things like add a reference in my signature, simple for anybody to do, but we need someone dedicated to this.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:24:11 AM

Yep I agree , I posted what we have so far here: (can get someone to do a voting poll, maybe get some more images?)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292720.msg3134831#msg3134831

I think marketing is the big issue,..  I do simple things like add a reference in my signature, simple for anybody to do, but we need someone dedicated to this.

most of my POS blocks always go to a ?  and never mature... is the POS on this coin malfunctioning?  no way should over 50% of POS minted blocks do this.

paardenkip

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:14:51 PM

Some noob questions about the wallet..

Do I have to update or install the new wallet?
Or can I just stick with the older version?

+ How do I update without losing the coins in my old wallet?
slowgin222

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:48:55 PM

When I update, I just get the new file. I delete the old one and then load the new one. It updates it and keeps the wallet.dat file so that you don't lose anything. I always backup the wallet.dat beforehand though, just in case. I'm not sure if you can keep the old one though.
Palmdetroit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:12:21 PM

When I update, I just get the new file. I delete the old one and then load the new one. It updates it and keeps the wallet.dat file so that you don't lose anything. I always backup the wallet.dat beforehand though, just in case. I'm not sure if you can keep the old one though.

Yep use standard procedure with every crypto. Backup wallet at least and even wallet directory if you want, before any update and backup on occasion in addition to this as well. There's a good deal of threads about bitcoin wallets around that have some really good suggestions too.

JTeam

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 11:48:42 PM

Probably a newb question...
I deposited 50 stones in my wallet on 13 Dec. I started it up on 16 Jan and got a notice of +2.346 stake. I shut down the comp but have not started up the client since then. I started up the client today and I don't see any stake coins, but the transaction is still there. I look at the transaction and there are 0 confirms. It has been sitting running for 3 hours and still no confirms. My wallet is not locked and I am not running a config file.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:06:53 AM

read the transaction details. sounds like you got an orphaned block. are you synced to the network?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: