Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 03:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:45:07 AM

I have been doing bounties since i entered the crypto community but that wasn't long ago. My first few campaigns were all traial and error and all about learning the basics in handling everything you earn and what should be done. I have tried selling all my rewards right away, i also tried hodling them for a while, but then i realized i am a bit bad on timing and trend observation. Anyway, of those experiences, i have concluded that i should hodl my bounties for a while and withdraw just a few parts of it if i really need to and not withdraw or sell everything so my chances of profit growth will be bigger.

Stimah22

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:50:38 AM

I'll start by telling you how I do my own bounty tokens, Firstly,  I will make sure not to sell all the token in my wallet, let say 50/50. Secondly, if I perceive that the price is going to appreciate in the nearest future, I won't even sell a dime. Lastly, everything depends on the current situation of other tokens because, if other token have the potential to appreciate in value, then I will prefer selling my bounty token and invest in other token, however, selling all is not the best option.
So bounty hunter are sometimes earger to sell their token probably they don't have interest in holding it till its become Pulp in the market, nevertheless we can see some who still HODL.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:55:34 AM

Selling your coins right off the bounty would give you a very small income. I've seen friends who sold their coins and 3 months later regretted it because the coin's value shot up through the roof. For me, if you earn coins from bounty I'd give it a few months to a year of holding so you could have your coin's value shoot up. You also have to keep an eye on your holdings, especially very successful ones. Then after some time, cash in or invest on other more stable coins

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
hamster fat

Activity: 462

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:08:02 AM

I think that the good decision is to sell partially. In this way, you can reduce the risk of a possible fall.
If you believe in some project, it is better to hold coins, follow the news from the project, monitor the price on the exchange and try to find a good time for sale later.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Nightmare0619

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:21:31 AM

Just do some research about the campaign.. will it survive or increase in value... if you really believe that you will gain profit by holding the tokens and you've also done your research, then go... Your profit might multiply 10x or even more... but this is not always the case... some projects isn't good enough to survive and increase in value.
umar22pk

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 11:58:07 AM

It is better thing to hold your tokens for better return, but normally it happened rarely.

If you have different kinds of tokens & after holding for a period of 6 to 12 moths you will see only few tokens are in the position to give you a good return, remaining are showing less value as compared ICO price.

So I think you have to convert your tokens in some major coin ASAP.
samy_sa

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:35:00 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

I sell 20% and change 30% with main coins like BTC and then other 50% for holding. I try to study about the coins and select good ICOs
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:47:45 PM

Im selling 50% of received tokens as soon as they get listed on any exchange where I have an account,then Im holding the rest of the coins  till all time high point is reached,it normally happens after 3-6 months.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:50:45 PM

It depends,  when there is no hope on the coin, I immediately sell it, but when there is potential on the coin then I hold it. 
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:42:24 PM

I sell half of it, then hold the another half of it until it pump above the ico price.
but when I do not need my money, I just hold it until I need it.

narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:50:55 PM

sell the half and hold the other but still if you trust that bounty you will buy another bounty when you get the profit on the selling the half of it and but more if you trusted it

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:54:57 PM

It depend on the project and bounty amount you got. if you got big amount you can sell 50% and hold the rest. thats what im doing from my bounty earnings

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:56:54 PM

sell the half and hold the other but still if you trust that bounty you will buy another bounty when you get the profit on the selling the half of it and but more if you trusted it
I always wait for time to sell the proceeds from bounties, usually I always hold at least 6 months because what I get is profitable if we hold, even if the price keeps going up then hold and buy is a good option.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Striker17

Activity: 392

0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:05:29 PM

Sell immediately or hold? for me it depends because sometimes if you HOLD a token maybe it will go wasted or being dumped in future. And if you SELL a token or coins in its low price then after how many days or weeks the coins of its particular price will rise into 5 to 7 times you regret it. So always think all your decision making have a risk.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:09:13 PM

I am trying to sell my reward of bounties because in my portfolio only some currencies and I don’t want to be distracted by any other coins. This is the question of convenience for me exceptionally.
bosede1

Activity: 714
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:33:16 PM

I also participate in few bounty and I started towards that December also, I have received three bounty rewards as at now and I have sell one holding the other two and the reason is not far fetched- in need of money and I also think this is also the most common reason why people sell off their bounty campaign rewards.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Birin016

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

It is really depends on you,because if i were you,i will hold these tokens until they have reached their full potentials,because most of the developers of these new projects needs a lot of time so they can accomplish their roadmap and it takes months to years for them to do what they need to do,that is the perfect time to sell these tokens
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:53:33 PM

It depends on the project, if the coins gets over valued you might sell them and keep fiat or another stable coins until price gets down then rebuy your tokens and i am sure you will get a good profit in a little period of waiting.
Otherwise, if you had food and your bills are paid. You can Hodl, hodling is always the best solution if the project is powerful and solid.
of course a more reasonable way of investing is when you have money and you can afford everything for every day. This is not to give the last finance from the family budget to invest in Bitcoin. Because the investment in Bitcoin is always risky.

Of cource, Crypto is the high risky field just like any other investments methods and it depends on the skills of the investor and other factors like the rich get rich, poor get poorer basis. "Being rich isn't the best part, the important thing is your skills'' Money comes and goes. You just have to made the right decision at the right time, stop feeling the fear and act .
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

I hold for at least 6 months to try and evaluate the coin's potential and see the team's actual efficiency in developping their project. But I usually pick bounties that I have researched a lot so I often end up holding way longer than 6 months.

Naman1111

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:06:28 PM

Depends on the kind of ICO. If its a strong coin with good developers and product you may want HODL for some time. That is why it is wise to research about the project before start participating the bounty. I had few bounties which i flipped on recieving it in the wallet because of the dips in the overall market. Remember if the market s going down , new ICOs dumps even harder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: