Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:07:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:21:46 PM

Immediately selling it is silly, only if you bought or earned when cryptocurrency cost very little, and abruptly then went into growth and you can do a few X. It is better to store cryptocurrency in medium term or long term.
sister1001

Activity: 237
Merit: 43

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:05:33 PM

hold your bounty reward if you not urgent use that money because tokens price need time to grow, wait for x5 x10 profit , but you also need to follow their project development status and only keep potential project tokens 

Bounty is like an investment. Sometimes I just do bounty to inmediatly sell or buy a different coin with it. A good bounty is not always a good business long term.
modtakels

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:26:36 PM

Holding these tokens for a little longer could make you a millionaire if the project has really potentials in the future,these tokens that we got free is hard earned,so i wouldnt dump these coin until a decent amount has reached i am giving these projects atleast a minimum of 6months before i dump these tokens because i do believe it takes time for these developers to do their thing.

Vanopest

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:22:38 PM

Bounty allows you to receive a good reward, regardless of the standard of living and the country of residence. This has nothing to do with the chosen strategy - to hold or sell quickly. any person evaluates their risks and chooses the best for themselves. But I doubt that the matter is in the lack of food. I think it's about understanding the processes that happen in crypto.
status101

Activity: 219
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:26:10 PM
Merited by singlebit (2)

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
Although i recieve my bounty stakes token i just sell half regards on what best price on exchange while pump but the price is low during recieve my bounty reward i hodl only abd waiting for best time to sell.
faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:41:12 PM

It depends on the price and how much I trust the project. For example one should sell all his bounty bags in early January because of the high market prices. You should not wait for further increase for bounties that you did not pay.
However now prices are too low and I prefer waiting. I am sure that once the market is bullish, my cheap bounties will be the most increased tokens in the market.
Anchor867

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:42:44 PM

I prefer to HODL it for two days or maybe a week but it may depend on the ICO there are some investor buy when the presale end also their are some sell it immediately but it your choice to choose
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:43:31 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##

There's a basic logic out there - just imagine, hum, 300 people receive their bounty tokens and run to sell them - what will happen with the price? Rarely it is a good option to sell what you've got for the bounty immidiately... In 80-90% of cases it'll be holding. However, everything is optional...just my opinion.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
cryptoUKManiac

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:45:18 PM

from my experience, it's always better to hold it for a few weeks and sell half of it on the first spike.
Tux99

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:46:53 PM

I always hold my earned tokens after bounty campaigns. For me it's a best strategy, that give much more profit, than if I sell them over immediately.

Thats not so many people do this because they are impatient when waiting the price increase.
The price would be increase if the project is good and potential. We need only patient if we want higher profit.
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:47:14 PM

If you don't believe in the project why do you join their bounty campaign at first? Answer this question and you will answer your question too.
Unless they make crazy changes in the project I wouldn't sell bounty rewards. This is also some type of investment, think about that.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 11:48:54 PM

usually I follow bounty on ICO with trust above 4 stars, and the prize is my average HOLD. at least 50% or more of the final tokensale price. but know that the bitcoin price is down, maybe for some ICO I will sell directly then buyback at the bottom price, or maybe just sell some of it
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:49:14 PM

this is my dilemma too...I just joined bounties and airdrop and not sure if I will hodl or sell. But thanks to people who comment here I like the idea of keeping the tokens you believe and selling those you're really not into in that way I can keep the eth/btc.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:51:47 PM

I prefer to HODL it for two days or maybe a week but it may depend on the ICO there are some investor buy when the presale end also their are some sell it immediately but it your choice to choose
\\I prefer to hold too until it has no value like in some of my coins.  Cheesy

But yeah you have to be aware when to hold and sell. If it has a good project, then hold but if it seems like shady and devs is not active or the project is not that attractive, then sell. Also, sell if you need fiat or for emergency. You can sell too and park in more stable coin like bitcoin and ethereum and some other else.
Specialforce

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:54:57 PM

i might sell it if the price was high but if the price was low i might hold it for a while until i am satisfied to the price that was already have , if it reaches it i will sell the it once and for all

sweeesh

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:57:12 PM

I guess it depends on what you want more. Fiat, to live and pay bills.  Crypto, to HODL or trade.  I think a good rule would be learn about whatever you have, watch the market and try to sell half high.  Maybe even buy back in low later too.  Thats how i would play it at least.  I can definitely see the other side though just sell and take the cash...well coin...then to coin then to cash.
lucas_lewit

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:02:38 AM

I will see potential price increase of the token. because not all tokens are obtained from bounty campaigns, the price will be expensive like other coins. Because there are also tokens that are very cheap, and that is very disadvantageous.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:16:52 AM

I ussualy sell it on start since most of the time we get our bounty reward about the same time when that coin is listed on some exchange,then buy it back at 50 or more % lower prices when it moves it ico witdrawal stage.This way i still manage to keep my coins and still come out from it with some bonus money
7Pro

Activity: 179

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:27:27 AM

Im selling 50% of received tokens as soon as they get listed on any exchange where I have an account,then Im holding the rest of the coins  till all time high point is reached,it normally happens after 3-6 months.

I am not that patient by waiting till 3 or 6 months to sell my reward because i usually sell it when it gain 100% from ico price.
I will not regret if the price goes up higher than my selling time because the price i sell is my goal.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:30:14 AM

I immediately sell it, because I can't wait. when waiting for the distribution of tokens is already taking a long time, and waiting for tokens on the list of exchangers also take a long time. so i immediately sell it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: