Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:06:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
btcyoda

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:32:37 AM

from my experience, it's always better to hold it for a few weeks and sell half of it on the first spike.

Potential coins will take time to increase its price along with their developments and their progress. But I have seen many coin growth will be obtained only when they have solid product and it should attract more people.
copoyes

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:50:59 PM

depending on the condition if the bounty project is good and many investors
which supports
when it can rewardnya
as good as possible to hold on from direct selling because it is likely to rise in view of the good and the project
but vice versa if a few investors who glance and projectnya just limited it that's well yah yah anticipate direct selling only
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:50:19 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I still hold some tokens from bounty campaign and just sell some tokens if I need money
i just hold tokens with good potential in the future and have good roadmap
Mr. Ar_Mongi

Activity: 332
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:07:26 PM

I think it is better to keep the coin (of course, if it's not an outright SCAM). Of course, it all depends on the time and context of the events, but in most cases - this is the best option. After a while even the average project can give the x's (main thing, do not overdo it in this case!). 

lsd400

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:15:48 PM

It depends how market is healthy. Personally most of my tokens I sold too early. Some development teams release product slowly.
Luthfiyaaa

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:19:50 PM

I see the price in the exchanger how much. if it is high enough I sell half but if low I hold it until its price goes up. and see also how many rewards we can, if many, don't hesitate to sell half and leave little for savings. hold if the price is low. sell if you need money or the price is high.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:21:04 PM

After participating, I certainly hold a coins and expect strong rise. For the altcoins, a good time was in the mid January. I hope this will happen again soon. If the coin does not rise, it will stay with me forever. Regardless it's scam coin or not Grin

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:27:05 PM

Members in this forum who earned bounty stake tokens through signature and other bounty campaigns and sell them immediately to coin exchange aren't earning money and they're ended up on joining bounty campaigns to the rest of their lives.
I joined this forum last year 3rd quarter and started to participate Signature and other bounty campaigns right wen I hit the Jr. Member rank and I did received my first bounty stake tokens from my first ever signature bounty campaign and until today I am still getting at least 1 bounty stake token per week.
Today I am holding worth of Crypto Assets as high has $55,000 because I chose to keep them on my wallet and I didn't sell them away.
Some of my friends who joined this forum before me but aren't earning that much of Assets.
That is why I am holding my tokens until today soon will hold even more until next year.

eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:29:06 PM

I hodl mine for a year to see if there are any winners, but sometimes I think I would be better off selling them for what I can get and investing that money in promising new projects. I truly don't know which is better.

JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:31:49 PM

I think it's worth keeping what you earned and selling only if you just need money, in any other case I think it's not worth touching the received tokens or coins, they will still someday grow in value.
wanderloy

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:34:58 PM

After participating, I certainly hold a coins and expect strong rise. For the altcoins, a good time was in the mid January. I hope this will happen again soon. If the coin does not rise, it will stay with me forever. Regardless it's scam coin or not Grin

I am holding all of my coins that I get from signature and other bounty campaigns whether over 35k coins or around a hundred coins.
Most people do dump their around hundred coins because seems they're nothing but only holds a small value.
But think of this, last November my 150 Solaris LXR only valued under a buck but then in January it surges as high as $$45. But I sold them on $35 and buy more Ripple that time.
Seems dumping few coins isn't always a better idea. Keep them as it is and you'll get more than what your deserve on you being patiently waiting and holding.

wanderloy

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:38:38 PM

It depends how market is healthy. Personally most of my tokens I sold too early. Some development teams release product slowly.

That's unfortunate. You never see what's coming because you do sell them too early.
That's why holders are lucky this year because they survived the mega dip of the history as I do hold an estimated Crypto Assets worth as high as $150,000 last January and now although it dropped as low as $55,000 but I am still in faith that it would offer me more than that last highest worth of assets last month.
I choose to hold because I want more and thanks to my full-time job that I wasn't able to pull off my coins but instead keep them on my wallet.

weeks65

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:45:43 PM

I try not to sell coins/tokens unless I really need the money to invest in a new coin or ico or if there are some bad news about team/coin and I see no future for it. As I see it the more coins/tokens I have the bigger chance it is I will be filthy rich one day..lol
Yes. Hold and wait. Because if you sell your coins now at low price, then the price of that particular coins will rise in the near future and you will regret. If you could wait a little longer for the price to rise, you can gain more than from your bounties.
muhdede

Activity: 158

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:47:32 PM

That's unfortunate. You never see what's coming because you do sell them too early.
That's why holders are lucky this year because they survived the mega dip of the history as I do hold an estimated Crypto Assets worth as high as $150,000 last January and now although it dropped as low as $55,000 but I am still in faith that it would offer me more than that last highest worth of assets last month.
I choose to hold because I want more and thanks to my full-time job that I wasn't able to pull off my coins but instead keep them on my wallet.

experience is everything, that's what I feel when selling my token at a cheap price and after 2-3 months then the price go to the moon and I am so sad, but it's back again from ourselves whether the need money fast or not, if not then be patient, because with patience the results we get will be profitable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   
█████    Whitepaper   ⌊    Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌉   Telegram    █████
Medium   Steemit   Facebook   Twitter   Instagram   Youtube   Reddit   Github
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:49:19 PM

I hodl mine for a year to see if there are any winners, but sometimes I think I would be better off selling them for what I can get and investing that money in promising new projects. I truly don't know which is better.

If you participated in the bounty of a perspective project, then why sell it for investment in another promising project? If you do not think that these are promising tokens, why did you participate?
Be firm and hodl)

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Minotus

Activity: 236

Presale is live!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

I generally prefer to hold and wait my coins that i get  from blog and signature bounty campaigns. Because i regret in the future when i sold them until now. Their prizes always goes up and i am trying to hold as much as i can, if ı am sure of their project and team. It is hard to wait becasue we already wait long time to get this tokens from bounties. After we get them we should be patient to earn more.

timshk

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:28:45 PM

My stratagy is sell all coins after they listed on exchange.
Sell sell sell Grin
KylesmomisaB

Activity: 194

Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:43:24 PM

It depends on your timing really if you have good timing and are one of the first then I would sell them but if you missed that opportunity then wait and see the project through to fruition. While I don't doubt some will succeed, waiting for 1-2 to succeed out of 50 will be painful and I would rather not go through that.

TOPLANCER.CO
Zero commission, Escrow payment & Dispute Settlements
PreSale GET YOUR BONUS JOIN NOW
CoolSkeleton

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:48:22 PM

half to sold, half to hold, best way. If token will fall u will take some money from sold tokens, if it will rise u will get 50% bonus. Better then lost everything
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:49:00 PM

I think it depends on each individual assessing the project of the coin, if the project can be predicted to have the potential to develop, then it should Hold the coin, but if the coin is a little interested, then you should sell it

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: