Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 01:15:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347313 times)
johndec

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:59:33 AM

Can I make a suggestion about GDC?  In short, flick it...  It regularly pops up to the top of the profitability list but that rarely translates into actual profit.  If you look at my screenshot:

It was mined for 28 minutes for a return (to me) of 0.000099 BTC.  8 minutes on DMD got me nearly the same amount and 12 minutes of ANC got me over 6 times the return.  I know ANC is a goldmine when it gets to a low difficulty but even compared to a mid return coin like DMD, GDC just isn't cutting it despite what the algorithms say  Grin
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:17:52 AM

I'm trying to register with this password: 9392243w5Vt9 and it's been rejected with an error about characters. Could you please f¡x this?

mk4y

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:25:44 AM

I had 0.04 in Est! Now I have nothing. Only 0.01. WTF?
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:57:26 AM

We check profitability every ~5 mintues. We are looking to add more coins, including LTC coins. Our goal is to bring you guys the most profitability, and just so you all know, the pool factors in rejects/orphans for finding the most profitable coin.

Nice. Keep up the good work Smiley

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:57:46 AM

We check profitability every ~5 mintues. We are looking to add more coins, including LTC coins. Our goal is to bring you guys the most profitability, and just so you all know, the pool factors in rejects/orphans for finding the most profitable coin.

Nice. Keep up the good work and I'll keep on mining Smiley

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:12:34 AM

I think the Est. Pending Exchange balance is only there to confuse but the actual payouts have been a pleasant surprise so far.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
pepto

Activity: 223

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:13:07 AM

Cgminer says my 7970 is hashing at 540-550Mhs yet the pool reports around 440Mhs. Any ideas on where that 100Mhs might be hiding?  Huh
mk4y

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:17:27 AM

I think the Est. Pending Exchange balance is only there to confuse but the actual payouts have been a pleasant surprise so far.

Doenst make sense. I started day ago not nearly 24 Hours and mined 0.02 BTC. The second payout has to be bigger from logic.

But it wasnt. Only 0.01 BTC, and then they removed the EST. Payments... This has to be changed, or its the same shit like middlecoin.
mk4y

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:19:39 AM

Cgminer says my 7970 is hashing at 540-550Mhs yet the pool reports around 440Mhs. Any ideas on where that 100Mhs might be hiding?  Huh

u run the wrong settings dude, u have to add --scrypt in your miner .bat or add this via console at start!

Like this:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum01.hashco.ws:8888
MrJay

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:32:23 AM

What is peoples opinions on cgminer settings such as:

--no-submit-stale
--expiry
--queue
--scan-time

I've asked this question on other multi coin mining pools and have had mixed opinions back.  Is it better to submit stales or not and do the expiry, queue and scan-time settings have any effect on mining here?
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:49:18 AM

What is peoples opinions on cgminer settings such as:

--no-submit-stale
--expiry
--queue
--scan-time

I've asked this question on other multi coin mining pools and have had mixed opinions back.  Is it better to submit stales or not and do the expiry, queue and scan-time settings have any effect on mining here?

I found a lot of mixed opinion as well so I decided to play about and try them. I couldn't find any observable difference.

MrJay

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:03:20 AM

I found a lot of mixed opinion as well so I decided to play about and try them. I couldn't find any observable difference.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a reasonably high number of stales (8-9%) or not for the coins we are mining here as I know most of the coins being mined do have a higher number of stales/rejects than other alts.  I do have no submit stale enabled in my conf and rejects are only 1%, I'm just wondering what other people are getting and if my results are considered normal.
johndec

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:40:49 AM

I'm not sure if I'm getting a reasonably high number of stales (8-9%) or not for the coins we are mining here as I know most of the coins being mined do have a higher number of stales/rejects than other alts.  I do have no submit stale enabled in my conf and rejects are only 1%, I'm just wondering what other people are getting and if my results are considered normal.

My stale rate on the site appears to be about double of what the pool as a whole shows and doesn't correspond with what my miner says.  I'm guessing that it is glitch on the site that needs to be looked at.  It's hard to get exact numbers with the site changing coins every 8 minutes.  Some shit coins can have massive stale rates.  On the odd occasion that the site stays with a decent coin like CGB for 20 odd minutes my stale rate appears to come way down.  I think the frequent changes gives false stale rates.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 11:53:19 AM

My stale rate on the site appears to be about double of what the pool as a whole shows and doesn't correspond with what my miner says.  I'm guessing that it is glitch on the site that needs to be looked at.  It's hard to get exact numbers with the site changing coins every 8 minutes.  Some shit coins can have massive stale rates.  On the odd occasion that the site stays with a decent coin like CGB for 20 odd minutes my stale rate appears to come way down.  I think the frequent changes gives false stale rates.

If miners set --no-submit-stale then the site never sees them and the stats are less. It has no effect beyond that.

mk4y

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:38:19 PM

So i got things cleared with the admins. The est wasnt resetted so the payout was half of it.

Will be fixed as soon as possible!
willittobe

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:04:10 PM

Yeap... 40 minutes before the most recent payout, my Est. Pending Exchange was .029
The actual payout was 0.0130

Which was slightly higher than the previous (0.0123) but then again, I added some more hash about an hour before the payout, so it might just be that.

For comparison, this is ~10% less than LTC by the numbers.

So. Darn. But still sticking with it to see how it goes, now with 2.6 mh/s.

willittobe

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:06:19 PM

Can I make a suggestion about GDC?  In short, flick it...  It regularly pops up to the top of the profitability list but that rarely translates into actual profit.  If you look at my screenshot:

It was mined for 28 minutes for a return (to me) of 0.000099 BTC.  8 minutes on DMD got me nearly the same amount and 12 minutes of ANC got me over 6 times the return.  I know ANC is a goldmine when it gets to a low difficulty but even compared to a mid return coin like DMD, GDC just isn't cutting it despite what the algorithms say  Grin

Agreed. I tried GDC on a pool when it was jumping to the top a lot a while back.
Good in theory, it was a stinker in practice. Not sure why but the payouts were always way below projected.

willittobe

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:09:48 PM

If miners set --no-submit-stale then the site never sees them and the stats are less. It has no effect beyond that.

Mm, not quite. I have seen that sometimes a share is marked as stale (and submitted anyway) and actually accepted. Whereas if you set no-submit, you don't send it at all, so there's not even that chance.

AFAIK- expiry, queue, scan-time have no effect when using stratum.

willittobe

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:43:54 PM

I wonder if it would be worth adding Feathercoin? It's top of the heap right now...

smtn512

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 06:44:55 PM

Mm, not quite. I have seen that sometimes a share is marked as stale (and submitted anyway) and actually accepted. Whereas if you set no-submit, you don't send it at all, so there's not even that chance.

+1. As I see it, your machine has already used power to produce that work, even if it is detected as stale I always submit because quite often it will still be accepted.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: