Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:35:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 786836 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thomas_s

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

Could you explain the reasoning behind posting that picture?

EDIT:  OOPS, didn't put BA down in this post, BA sucks and are scum...There I feel better.
Hmm not really sure, I guess he wants me to say my dad works for an airline and I have friends that work at American that can get me an upgrade when I'm traveling on vacation.

Also the picture of me is nice, a nice selfie from back in high school.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:36:02 PM

more like your doing a runner with all the loot lol

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
kodeon.CEO

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:46:39 PM

BA just sent me an update about my refund I requested in April.

"As per Management’s update, we cannot afford to send refunds as we've spent all money to purchase parts required to build the miners. If we cancel your order we have nothing to do with the cases, power supplies and other goods that have been manufactured just for your order. For this reason it is difficult for us to refund everything.

We would like to offer to ship you ASICs instead and we can dispatch them immediately.
We exchange 120 ASICs for 1 x3 or 7 ASICs for 1 x1. Note that should you choose this option you are forfeiting the compensation previously announced.

Kindly let us know what you prefer so we can proceed immediately, thank you.

Sincerely,
Sylvia"

even though they said on 12th of june...

"The refund can be done only after we ship 1st batch of the hardware not early, as money collected are not just kept in bank account, but spent for the production.

We understand your concerns also your situation, and be assured that all efforts to expedite everything and I would ask you kindly to wait until we ship our devices 1st batch which is not far off from now and then your refund can be issued.

Please feel free to contact us anytime for further questions, thank you.

Best Regards,
Sylvia"

How can they tell me that they are going to refund me and then not, this company manages to stun me every time.
kodeon.CEO

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:10:43 PM

Because they are a giant scam and know there products are worthless now which is why they would rather illegally refuse your refund and instead opt to send you their out of date crap.

As to what you can do, start complaining to government bodies, there is a thread somewhere that has the pertinent bodies to address complaints to, and hope they do something.

Yeah, It's annoying because I know a couple of solicitors but they don't deal with these kind of situations. The question is, is it worth getting what ever I can get from them  while I can, at least if they ship products they wont be able to try and sell them to someone else be used again for another quick profit.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:12:37 PM

friggin amazing, i just got a email that my order 6## is ready to ship and they want the last 50%, even tho i asked for a refund months ago.
and i was told to wait til b1 was sent out before i got anything

clearly these guys don't have anything under control...

5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:46:59 PM

"As per Management’s update, we cannot afford to send refunds as we've spent all money to purchase parts required to build the miners. If we cancel your order we have nothing to do with the cases, power supplies and other goods that have been manufactured just for your order. For this reason it is difficult for us to refund everything.

We would like to offer to ship you ASICs instead and we can dispatch them immediately.
We exchange 120 ASICs for 1 x3 or 7 ASICs for 1 x1. Note that should you choose this option you are forfeiting the compensation previously announced.

Sincerely,
Sylvia"

"The refund can be done only after we ship 1st batch of the hardware not early, as money collected are not just kept in bank account, but spent for the production.

We understand your concerns also your situation, and be assured that all efforts to expedite everything and I would ask you kindly to wait until we ship our devices 1st batch which is not far off from now and then your refund can be issued.

Best Regards,
Sylvia"

How can they tell me that they are going to refund me and then not, this company manages to stun me every time.

Because they are either bankrupt or a scam
kodeon.CEO

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:53:44 PM

Sincerely,
Sylvia"

Best Regards,
Sylvia"

Because they are either bankrupt or a scam

Yeah, I wanted to get out in April but I was stuck. It's the fact that they are so bad at trying to hide it lol.
heslo
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:58:46 PM

MinerSource did me wrong. This is completely scammy of them.

TLDR: Request cancel, cancel confirmed, offered store credit, told i cant use store credit, told i have to wait longer for refund, inquire about refund status,
no longer can receive refund, item shipped against my wishes.

* July 2nd, I send a cancellation request to support.

* July 3rd, I receive confirmation of my cancellation from Dan Murtha and inquiring if I would accept
store credit.

* July 3rd, I inquire about some items that I could purchase using the store credit.

* July 7th, I receive the following from Dan Murtha:

I apologize we did not get to your refund before Black Arrow began shipments.
Now that black arrow has commenced shipping and our first bulk shipment is on its way,
we will not be offering any more refunds or store credit until shipment of all outstanding
orders is completed, if there is any continuation in delays or defects with the products we
will continue doing refunds in the order requested.

* July 7th, I send the following:

I don't understand, I put in the cancellation request prior to shipment and I have acknowledgement
from you that I have been placed in the cancellation queue.

* July 7th, I receive the following from Thomas Salvatore:

You are still in the queue, we are just informing you of the current status.

* July 7th, I send the following:

Ahh, does that also apply for exchanges?

* July 7th, I receive the following from Thomas Salvatore:

We will no longer be offering exchanges for store credit.

At this point, I am very annoyed but no big deal I can wait until later for refund.

* August 1st, I inquire about the current status of my cancellation

* August 2nd, I receive the follwoing from Thomas Salvatore:

Thank you for contacting us and for your patience while we worked out the shipping dates with our
supplier. We have done our best in a challenging situation to deliver your order as quickly as
possible, and are pleased to report that your shipment will be released for delivery between in the
next 1-3 weeks. We appreciate and acknowledge that the wait has been longer than you had hoped. We
have reviewed your request for a refund, but are unable to approve the request. This was a “pre-order”
of mining equipment which, according to the terms of purchase posted on our site when you placed your
order, is non-refundable if cancelled. Those terms located at http://minersource.net/pages/contact-us,
explicitly notified buyers that delivery dates were not guaranteed, and that buyers should not rely on
them as a factor in making the decision to place an order with us. Nevertheless, we recognize that this
has caused inconvenience, and have worked with our supplier to add additional compensation units to your
order, free of charge. These will be included in later shipment, to be sent to you after shipping of all
orders has finished, free of charge. Again, we are sorry that this order took so long to fulfill, and
encourage you to contact us with any additional questions.

* August 2nd, I reply with:

I dont want the order I was inquiring about my cancellation.

* August 4th, Dan Murtha responds with:

Thank you for contacting us and for your patience while we worked out the shipping dates with our supplier.
We have done our best in a challenging situation to deliver your units as quickly as possible, but understand
that you have now decided to refuse to accept delivery. While we appreciate and acknowledge that the wait has
been longer than you had hoped, this was a “pre-order” of mining equipment which, according to the terms of
purchase posted on our site when you placed your order, is non-refundable if cancelled. Those terms explicitly
notified buyers that delivery dates were not guaranteed, and that buyers should not rely on them as a factor in
making the decision to place an order with us. We encourage you to accept delivery of your pre-ordered product
because we are not approving refund requests at this time. We recognize that this has caused inconvenience, and
have worked with our supplier to add an additional compensation units to your order, free of charge. These will
be included in the shipment sent to you. Again, we are sorry that this order took so long to fulfil, and encourage
you to contact us with any additional questions.

The next day I leave town for work. I came back yesterday and find that my X-1 is scheduled for delivery 8/22. Not sure what to do,
if I refuse it I don't know how I will be able to go after them for my funds since I paid in bitcoin.

Don't worry, the scumbags have refused my refund as well in the exact same fashion and nearly the same time span as you. They like BA, don't give a fuck
wmmail07

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:38:13 AM

22 Aug 2014
Scrypt ASIC Tape-out

Anyone have price, speed?
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:48:55 AM

22 Aug 2014
Scrypt ASIC Tape-out

You can't be serious.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:50:39 AM

22 Aug 2014
Scrypt ASIC Tape-out

You can't be serious.

I was about to post the same thing, but you were faster. wmmail07 you really want to do business with BA after the bitcoin fiasco?

heslo
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:00:06 AM

Where do you think all our money went? No money for refunds but hey, look, we have a scrypt ASIC for you to buy
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:03:44 AM

friggin amazing, i just got a email that my order 6## is ready to ship and they want the last 50%, even tho i asked for a refund months ago.
and i was told to wait til b1 was sent out before i got anything

clearly these guys don't have anything under control...

that's hilarious.  It's pretty hard to make me laugh on this topic, but that did it.

send us more money.  actually made me laugh out loud.

sure BA, that payment will go out NEXT WEEK.

lol next week, made me giggle.

this is the responce i got when i told them i wanted my refund and not the damn brick.

Dear Customer,

We apologize for inconvenience, however, unfortunately we are unable to provide refund at this moment. Reason for 50% in advance payment was receiving funds for your order assembly and purchase of the required parts. As money has already been invested in to production and your unit we are unable to issue the refund until we are able to sell unit to other customers.

Regards Alexey A.

Regards,
Black Arrow Team

i dont even... what??
i mean?!? huh???!!?

then where did the scrypt asic money come from? >.<
no other revenue or source of income from anything but miners to pay us back?
bullshit!

heslo
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:16:25 PM

https://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/scrypt-asic-tape-out.html

"Black Arrow has completed the design of a energy efficient 28nm Scrypt ASIC and it is ready for tape-out. ASICs can be received in early December should we tape-out in the following few days.
We are currently looking for partners. Depending on investment we can offer wafer price.
At this point it is possible to manufacture ASICs to double the whole LTC network (1 Petahash) with a reasonable price. Please contact us if you are interested.
The efficiency of this chip is better than 3Watt / Megahash."

That's ^^^^ where our money went, obviously.  And yay for them.  Who couldn't root for a company with a keen sense of humour and with spare capacity to learn, as indicated on their site? 

They are learning on the job, with our money, and their sense of humour seems a bit lacking, from what I've seen.  More like a bunch of spoiled children that are shocked that their customers are pissed after being bilked out of thousands of dollars.

What are the qualifications for 'partners' I wonder?  willingness to defraud consumers and shatter consumer laws of various countries a plus, I would imagine.

Maybe these partners can form a shell company to act as face of this new scrypt miner operation.  Then we'll have registration in Hong Kong, operations in Shenzhen, some entity in the Virgin Islands, all run by a front company registered somewhere in the Amazon jungle, chaired by a monkey. 

Line for pre-orders forms to the left.  no pushing.  And yes there will be price matching, we'll deliver on time, blah, blah, blah.  Our miners will be profitable or all scrypt mining will stop.

no more questions, just get your checkbooks out, drop your pants and bend over for insertion of the 'receipt'.

Seems MinerSource would be a good partner then
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:03:44 PM

If BA takes preorders on this scrypt asic of theirs, this will officially become a Ponzi scheme.

<Insert favorite coin here>
btmtb

Activity: 291

Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:16:14 PM

If BA takes preorders on this scrypt asic of theirs, this will officially become a Ponzi scheme.

They already are. It says right on their website to contact them for a price.  They are selling pre taped out scrypt ASICS.  What a joke!

People, look at the scrypt scene.  The hashrate is exploding with all the new ASICS coming on the market.  They have marginally better power numbers for miners claiming to be out in December, than whats available today.  By the time they actually ship, these will be as worthless as their other product lines.

By the way, there is no way to actually contact them.  Clicking the blue link on the product page just reloads the page.  And going to their contact us doesn't have an option for scrypt.  Real professional launch of your new product BA.

To be fair to Black Arrow, they only say ready December, they don't say which year. Odds on it being Dec 2018 should be fair.

Don't forget that 1 black arrow 'next week' = ~40 real world weeks.
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:46:56 PM

From my understanding their Scrypt asics will only be sold as In Stock items to end users.

Maybe they are looking for more of an investor types? Dunno, I haven't heard anything.
derpcoin

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:14:29 PM

Which android miner are people using on their X1's? I just received mine today and wanted to test it. (I wasn't expecting my X1 to come with a screen and even more so a android installed on it.)
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:06:41 PM

Could you explain the reasoning behind posting that picture?

EDIT:  OOPS, didn't put BA down in this post, BA sucks and are scum...There I feel better.
Hmm not really sure, I guess he wants me to say my dad works for an airline and I have friends that work at American that can get me an upgrade when I'm traveling on vacation.

Also the picture of me is nice, a nice selfie from back in high school.

People are still waiting for their refund, please go send them their money ASAP.

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:24:45 PM

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Bitcoin-Mining-Computer-Prospero-X-3-2000Ghash-second-/111436704141?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item19f225298d&_uhb=1&autorefresh=true

I feel sorry for the sucker that paid $999 for this X3 as he'll only make about $300 by the time it uses more power than it mines in coins and has to be turned off.

The owner canceled all the bids, then let the first bidder win it.  He stated as the reason, that he hadn't tested it and then when he did test it, the PSU wasn't working so that's why he canceled all the bids.  Why he let the one bidder win at $999 is odd though.  Probably the whole thing was a scam anyway.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Pages: « 1 ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 »
  Print  

Jump to: