Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:52:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
Alstad

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:26:09 PM

It's unpleasant, of course, but in most cases the person glows and shakes himself.
Plus, leaks from the organizers of the ICO are also doing things.
And people talk a lot of language or like to brag about their money.
Be careful and pretend you go to work or doing freelance
thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:35:48 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
I think it's not that bad because we have not been forced to submit identification for airdrop. Since airdrop and their developers have chooses this method I have decided to "do my own research" before submitting any document to anybody on internet.
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:01:22 PM

Guys, run from such airdrops! All data from KYC can be sold in darknet. All your documents are for more profit. Or do you think that all airdrops are for non-profit activity only?
Yes, if we simply avoid such projects, it will show that the community is against KYC in bounty campaigns and especially in airdrops. The documents submitted can very easily be used for illegal purposes, we need to fight against this.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:21:30 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

Actually we have disame stands bro, regarding this implementation of kyc when doing ICO investment or bounty hunting,or now in airdrops because my opinion,maybe this personal information  that we submitted in KYC can threaten our life in danger,and make our personal life in public,or those we passed document like passport,personal i.d information can be used in terrorism act.maybe im so exagerrated and over speculated but its for me i have a motto in life that "prevention is better than cure",so we look  the cause before that situation would been happen.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:39:17 PM

Airdrop is worth nothing you should leave it. It is waste time and energy. Airdrop has no liquidity, it is only the greedy developers who want to take your money once the token listed in the market. Some market no need liquidity to list a coin but in the end the coin will not grow. The developers are greedy because they may hold the coin more than 80 to 90 %. 10 % for airdrop. Are you crazy to trust such a kind of developers that ask ID for KYC. I think you are stupid if you insist to get the coin. You'd better join bounty programs from legit ICOs. It is better to make money in cryptocurrency world.
retrend

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:40:04 PM

I think this makes it possible to greatly reduce the number of payments)
Stradivarioos

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 10:42:30 PM

I think that verification of your identity in airdrop should be at a lower level. If you participate in the bounty of the company then they may require documents.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
maliboom

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

I keep thinking and arguing that this recognition procedure should not be applied to bounty campaign prizes.
Crypcar10290

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:08:18 PM

Guys, run from such airdrops! All data from KYC can be sold in darknet. All your documents are for more profit. Or do you think that all airdrops are for non-profit activity only?
What about the Exchanges sites, they ask for KYC to withdraw or fund the accounts, do they sell it too?
Jemchugov

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 07:56:26 PM

Time spent on kic I do not want to give for airdrops, especially when 90% of them are just garbage.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:59:24 PM

Airdrops are rarey worth the effort and lately the term is being used to describe bounty hunts like in the case of the ONION coin and others that say is airdrop when they mean bounty hunt.

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:06:13 PM

Are they serious ? KYC for the airdrop ? It can be a solution for the airdrop not to be a scam ? Because airdrop is mostly a scam so if they do KYC this can be an assurance of not being a scam ? I think it is not nice for the airdrop to do kyc.
amanarora_1

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:14:22 PM

KYC is best way to get protect from hackers by real identity. But it should only apply on bounties because bounty coins always have huge amount. KYC in airdrops is really a bad precedence. I always fill all airdrops but now for this KYC, I have to leave some airdrops. We get little amount from airdrops that's why I don't think KYC should necessary!
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:17:12 PM

I do not see the point of taking part in airdrops now. Especially to go through the KYC procedure for this. I do not know what an attractive project should be, and what they should pay out for someone to agree to undergo the KYC procedure for the sake of the airdrop.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Zudalar

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:19:17 PM

I do not see the point of taking part in airdrops now. Especially to go through the KYC procedure for this. I do not know what an attractive project should be, and what they should pay out for someone to agree to undergo the KYC procedure for the sake of the airdrop.
Stay far away from projects that are asking for you to do a KYC verification process. They will sell your information to whomever that ask for it.
CryptoJoop

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:22:33 PM

Yes, KYC for Airdrops can be risky. When we participate in an ICO doing proper research to the project and sending our documents won't be a risk. But most people don't do any research in the Airdrops they participate in and could be a big problem when our documents fall into the hands of scammers.

On top of that, I have a Telegram channel where I list the Best Airdrops and since most people don't complete KYC for an Airdrop I miss out on a lot of ref bonus Smiley

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
-VOL-

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:24:11 PM

I think KYC for airdrops is good idea, because now there are lots of bots/multiaccaunts and they take money away from real people. So for me it is always ok to pass KYC. Choose good airdrops and send your KYC.
Good Luck.
SirEGB

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:25:47 PM

More than anonymity there is a huge chance of misusing your valuable Documents . Initially i have submitted my document for KYC process now i am regretting submitting my original documents . Hope it will not be misused.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:32:47 PM

What? This is unthinkable! Why would I put myself in the danger of submitting my real identity over the internet to some anonym that can use it in any illegal way? Sorry, but this is the craziest thing I have seen in a while. People that fall for this must be really crazy or irresponsible for their own privacy and really desperate to get that tokens. KYC does not work at all how it should as it was written over the forum several times, therefore I will never submit my real identity to the "project" without any team (if it is backed by some trustworthy institution, all right, but you are still on the Internet though).

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
Abugbilla

Activity: 121

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 09:38:40 PM

Submitting my KYC particulars for investing in an ICO is far better than doing it for an airdrop or a bounty. Sometimes the airdrop tokens that you get at the end will not be worth anything to write home about. Imagine doing a KYC and getting tokens worth $2.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: