Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:35:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 09:58:11 PM

This is really annoying to say the least, its not ideal to ask people for their identity documents just so you can give them a few tokens. Some airdrops are not even worth $20.

So I don't know why some projects do this, although most of them are just looking for cheap popularity and do not inform participants before hand, its after they have earned the tokens that they are informed they need to do a KYC.

ptolimeus

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:51:02 PM

I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:00:20 PM

Having KYC for an airdrop worth a few dollars is crazy to me. I’m sure people sign up for it too and it’s a dangerous thing in my opinion. Airdrops are so hit and miss as far as payouts are concerned. Some are even scams, and now they have a bunch of people’s data.

I understand it for large investments to avoid issues with money laundering and what not. For bounties and airdrops where you aren’t even a customer, it’s a shameful practice.
darkangel020716

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:00:28 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
There are so many airdrop that needed kyc this is not appropriate because in the first place airdrop is a free token, and giving my identity to have this is  not the right thing to do because they can still your identity and we don't know if they can use it on a bad things.
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:01:49 PM

I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
in fact, this is done to counter money laundering by the criminal way or to prevent the financing of criminal organizations. But providing personal data is relevant only for investors or traders. I can not understand why Bounty companies are forced to do it.
yura_878

Activity: 308

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:03:51 PM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
Fully agree with you, because it completely contradicts the main mission of cryptocurrency - anonymity.I am for such a move

krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:07:20 PM

in fact, this is done to counter money laundering by the criminal way or to prevent the financing of criminal organizations. But providing personal data is relevant only for investors or traders. I can not understand why Bounty companies are forced to do it.

No one is forced. KYC for airdrops is a simple way to create database with people with a high interest in crypto. What happens with this databases after the drop is over is up to their owner. Who will buy it and what is going to use it for is not clear, but my bet is that is nothing good.

shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 09:28:21 PM

But this is something different, KYC for free tokens is more than different as paying a few bucks or thousands of dollars for some tokens. Please, stop posting this shit if you do not even know what you are talking about.

Governments don’t like the very idea of decentralization, so they create various regulations in order to be able to take control of crypto. As a result ICOs have to ask people pass KYC.

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
ptolimeus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:29:12 PM

I, too, can not understand this. Bounty hunters invest only their time. It's not exactly about money laundering.
Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 09:50:55 PM

I dont think its a good thing to collect sensitive personal data which is a legal one just to give away few free coins. We should also stay away from such airdrops.
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:01:54 PM

KYC is a means of getting to know your customers better. Since airdrop are free tokens, to my own perception, KYC should be a basis to receive free token that might not even worth anything in the long term.
barlo357

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:07:37 PM

I think kyc is not the policy only of bitcoin it applies to all now a days and I don't see any bad things submitting your id if your nothing to hide about you. And one thing they want to check if you are using multiple accounts to be fair to other participants.And lastly stay away from the campaign that using of kyc if don't want see you identity in the end of the day you are the one who decide.

snguyenthu196

Activity: 75

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:03:54 PM

KYC for airdrops, for bounties it's bad precedence because most of them can be ponzi scam or something else. If you giving to any project your KYC information you must be sure in their reliability.
LickKing

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:12:30 PM

This is simply ridiculous. I thought that setting up KYC for the bounty participants was no longer acceptable. I did not expect to now set up KYC obstacles for airdrop participants. This is basically against the world of cryptocurrencies.

cryptonad

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:16:39 PM

It's a big No No to provide my personal details for the airdrop as there is even no assurance  if they will distribute the token. I only provide KYC to well known exchanges as it is required to for withdrawal.
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:22:29 PM

That’s a bad practice, sometimes they say KYC is compulsory, but I don't even participate in ICO with KYC, imagine you joining an airdrop that requires personal documents.

Many airdrops (currently most of them) are really shit or even scam, I would not give them any personal information. You know nothing about the team behind and nothing on their intentions. There are the risk that they will sell your information to whomever that ask for it.

I will stay far away from projects that ask KYC verification process although I have nothing to hide.
alrez

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:24:17 PM

I agree with you, I also do not agree with KYC. Instead of asking for KYC I think it's better that they reduce the number of token / coin distributions to their participants. I am also worried about my data security, if it should be reported to the organizer of ICO.
StephenieDuong

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

—RUSHMOON — Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:29:03 PM

I think if crypto become more public to the world, then it will be accpected soon in all arough the world. I know KYC is hard for some cheaters, but the dev want to make there coins/tokens more clean and can be public to many exchange soon. So if you need cheater then don't afriad KYC.

░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░
          ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░     ░░
        ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░      ░░░░
     ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░ ░░░     ░░░
    ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░   ░▓▓▓░  ░░▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░          ░▒░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░░
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░           ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░            ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░          ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░▓▓▓░░  ░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓░░▒▓░ ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ░░▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
    ░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
     ░░▓▓░░ ▓▓░░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
   ░░▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
 ░░▓░░░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
    ░░▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
  ░░▓▓░░░▒▓▓░░  ░░ ░░░░░░░░░░
 ░▓▓░   ░░░
RushMoon
Automatic LP & Yield Farm & AMM on BSC
Xmm

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:56:16 PM

KYC is rediculous. Bounties participants aren't investors. There is no need to determine investor eligibility when they don't "invest" any money. A bounty is a "gift" for "services"
Therefore, I think even to discuss this is not worth it and I'm surprised when companies ask to pass KYC bountyhunters

tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:59:33 PM

Kyc for airdrops is ridiculous And i Will never give my darà to strangers for just few bucks of an AirDrop.. i hope others Will do the same...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: