Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:41:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence  (Read 198083 times)
Aryleeto

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:12:10 PM

Yes airdrop I'm not doing kyc , I think a lot of fraud here , the bounty is more to think about , but the chance that your documents will then to be out there very high

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:48:07 AM

I see sense to pass a security check in airdrops only when we are talking about some major, and most importantly guaranteed amounts.
Paha87

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:03:08 AM

I am against with KYC if they are asking from bounty hunters and airdrop. Our identity will not be safe and they can use it to claim our account. Our privacy and security will be compromised. Roll Eyes
TaliskerDarkStorm

Activity: 1106
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:13:27 AM

You’re absolutely right. They recently started to want KYC for every little thing!! It’s not even necessery. So it’s better to refuse it, i’m not gonna share my such personal info or ID . It’s not a simple thing, it’s really serious because we don’t even know if we can trust them.
guffie

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:19:35 AM

I better not to use KYC procedure because I think it is not safe. The data provided would certainly be a consideration I. This personal data is very important in my opinion so I may not be easy to give this to someone else. So we must remain cautious.
AdamRay

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:25:16 AM

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
I think this is a good option. Because some cheaters have taken up a lot in a spreadsheet. So KYC came out and made them more difficult. Airdrop is sought by so many people and therefore the project owners need to revise their marketing strategies to achieve high efficiency.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
bitok_1979

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:32:44 AM

While the Crypto currency is not given serious penalties, the KYC itself is not dangerous so I do not see a problem in order to pass it

glYff◆      PRIVACY for smart contracts and beyond   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet platform delivering
   [   WHITEPAPER   ]   ◥ telegram   ◥ github   ◥ linkedin             anonymous asset transfers and data 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN GLYFF   ❰❰❰                     privacy for smart contracts. 
cewekimut

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:40:20 AM

KYC is good in my opinion and not a big problem. but you have to be careful in giving our personal data for a project the bounty. Because not all projects that use KYC it could be successful. And I have experience with projects that use KYC. And I qualify the use of KYC but until now they have not paid me. And their project proves to be a scam.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
Teebass001

Activity: 110

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:37:17 AM

It is quite unfortunate that is the order of the day now. Exchanges, ICOs, airdrops, bouties  are not left behind in this dangerous precedent. It is the new norm.  I agree with you that crypto enthusiasts need to stand up against this evil. Or else it will set us back in our development as a community. Criminals under the guise of KYC for airdrops, ICOs etc are harvesting people's data for criminal activities.  We need to wake up and be up and doing

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Talkingbest

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:18:02 AM

Japan and other technically developed countries now demand kyc from the investors and traders, I think in the nearest future this will be also applicable for airdroppers .
OpenCryptoSystem

Activity: 182
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:02:22 PM

Air drops are for freee!!
Those tokens anyone can create!

Does not make sense at all to ask kyc !!

Crypto is privacy.

Cheaters?  So what? Profit comes if you sell those coins with eth or btc or even fiat !!
mr.nby

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:14:26 PM

KYC is good in my opinion and not a big problem. but you have to be careful in giving our personal data for a project the bounty. Because not all projects that use KYC it could be successful. And I have experience with projects that use KYC. And I qualify the use of KYC but until now they have not paid me. And their project proves to be a scam.

The procedure itself is not a problem. The problem is the ability to collect and use personal data for criminal purposes or to sell them. In fact, when sending data, we do not know to whom we send it, how it is stored and secured. And this is the main disadvantage of KYC.
FishsHumnsToo

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:49:40 AM

And I think a good idea for KYC drops and bounty - it is very hard to cut the number of bots-multiaccounters. Let everything be honest
elis74

Activity: 268

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 11:10:50 AM

Sometimes it even kills the desire to participate in any project. I don't like that it's so weird.  I just want to earn some tokens, why would I risk so much? This is one of the worst components of the cryptocurrency world, which is incredibly annoying
Luckym7

Activity: 214

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:56:12 PM

Now a days there are lots of AirDrop project came in this online industry but as I know somewhere drop need to verify your account so admin want to prove then need syllabus KYC form. Lots of people dislike this system because people don't want to share his personal information any kind of unknown person. I think kyc is a security for this project because people use multiple accounts so they need to KYC for his requirement.
eva.malysheva

Activity: 107

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:58:42 PM

I better not to use KYC procedure because I think it is not safe. The data provided would certainly be a consideration I. This personal data is very important in my opinion so I may not be easy to give this to someone else. So we must remain cautious.
I completely with you agree. Too I worry and I do not want to provide the private papers to strangers, it can be very dangerous to us.

yowelfree

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:04:38 PM
Merited by oginiimaoyani (1)

I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

KYC is one the security issues that is in contrary with the decentralized principle of crypocurrency in the blockchain technology space,I personally don't love the idea. Thanks

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Volkan_Tom

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:46:55 PM

I am very negative about this procedure because it violates a person's right to anonymity. But your case is completely incomprehensible to me. This is nonsense - to require documents for participating in airdrop.
Md Saykat Nazir
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:48:21 PM

it's a manner to get loose files from many human beings free of charge. Then these documents can be bought in a darknet and earn on it. it is a scam to demand documents to send cash for some cents or dollar.
ravinesolz

Activity: 108

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:51:37 PM

I am very negative about this procedure because it violates a person's right to anonymity. But your case is completely incomprehensible to me. This is nonsense - to require documents for participating in airdrop.
It'sa very ignorant move that the developers won't seem to understand in crypto, plus most cant code.

Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: