Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771073 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Like shit. I showed the plots which documented 24.5 TH increments in hashing power at Eligius. There are no other miners which can account for that. Here are the unstable testing miners:

Ken posted a picture of some empty work benches for crying out loud.
The man is desperate for showing us something that proves he is making some kind of progress!

What reason could he possible have to not show us the ultimate proof that he succeeded and that we (and him) will be millionares?
Because the product is not in shipping condition - still working out the bugs in the software (i.e., Intellihash), which is why the hashrates are jumping all over the place. They are still being tested and Ken wants to keep the element of surprise... or Ken is secretly running a mining farm with no intention of letting anyone else know.

Nope, I am not buying it.
It is far more likely that it belongs to some *unknown ASIC manufacturer* sponsored by some *unknown VC firm* to create, set up & mine their own hardware in *their own secret location*.
That is, if all known ASIC manufacturers have been eliminated as you claim.

This.

And this poor unknown firm, if they aren't also selling shovels, will lose the long term race.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:33:31 PM

Like shit. I showed the plots which documented 24.5 TH increments in hashing power at Eligius. There are no other miners which can account for that. Here are the unstable testing miners:

The man is desperate for showing us something that proves he is making some kind of progress!

What reason could he possible have to not show us the ultimate proof that he succeeded and that we (and him) will be millionares?
Because the product is not in shipping condition - still working out the bugs in the software (i.e., Intellihash), which is why the hashrates are jumping all over the place. They are still being tested and Ken wants to keep the element of surprise... or Ken is secretly running a mining farm with no intention of letting anyone else know.

It is far more likely that it belongs to some *unknown ASIC manufacturer* sponsored by some *unknown VC firm* to create, set up & mine their own hardware in *their own secret location*.
And adding power in the exact increment of our advertised machines?

No. Highly unlikely. Much more likely that this is, in fact, ActM.

Ken was here. He did not deny it. Nor did the operator of Eligius deny whether it was ActM.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:34:33 PM

-snip-

Lets say 90BTC/day - If this is paid 100% on dividends it's 0.000063btc/share/week until the first 0.0025 is paid out. Which it would within 9 months if ActM can hold 2.5% network share.

-snip-

Love the attitude and the numbers (been doing similar calculations myself since September), but only 50% of the profit (up to 0.0025btc/share after which it drops to 40% of 50% or 20% total profit) from ActM + VMC will be going to shareholders, the remaining 50% of the profit will go to reinvestment into ActM (for sustainability of our share of network hashrate)
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:37:47 PM

Ken was here. He did not deny it. Nor did the operator of Eligius deny whether it was ActM.

Actually much more likely someone is putting 50 x 500gh units online one at a time... or 12 x 2TH units (ahem cointerra)

Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:41:14 PM

Actually much more likely someone is putting 50 x 500gh units online one at a time... or 12 x 2TH units (ahem cointerra)
CoinTerra's units run stable, numbnuts. The machines on Eligius are obviously not finalized in either hardware or software. Rule-out any unit which has been shipped to end-users.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:45:53 PM

Vigil you have done a great job here - the new Colombo. I'm 75% convinced it's us or out first major customer taking a 'beta' product with support.
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:47:21 PM

CoinTerra's units run stable, numbnuts. The machines on Eligius are obviously not finalized in either hardware or software. Rule-out any unit which has been shipped to end-users.

Cointerra didn't get chips until new years eve... so if I'm a numbnuts its because I suggest 12 x 12th units might be cointerra. silly me.

Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:54:21 PM

Cointerra didn't get chips until new years eve... so if I'm a numbnuts its because I suggest 12 x 12th units might be cointerra. silly me.
Well, then Cointerra is out because these machines started on Dec. 24th. and were incrementally added to in multiples of 24.5 TH all the way to 254 TH (245 TH + initial 9 TH) on Dec. 30th.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:55:07 PM

Bargraphics, how soon until you visit Ken and take pictures of progress?
You can already monitor the progress on Eligius. We have 10 24.5 TH miners that are still going through some software debugging or potentially hardware issues.

You people are blind as all shit.

We're blind? You're the one who keeps claiming roughly 50 Th/s increments are roughly 25 Th/s increments.
You're also stupid for not realising that there are numerous ways of adding numbers together to make 50.

The fact is, there's zero evidence to support your claim and evidence disproving it in the form of Ken stating that he is still waiting for chips.

VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 08:55:50 PM

VinceSamios: wizkid057 / Luke-Jr - would you guys mind confirming for the idiots in the ActM thread that the 250TH account is not ActM. plz, thanx.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.new#new
wizkid057: I dont even know who "ActM" is
VinceSamios: ActiveMining aka Virtual Mining Co aka Ken Slaughter
wizkid057: never heard of them
wizkid057: heh
VinceSamios: Can you do me a major favour and just pop in and say "it's not ActM" - would be super appreciated
wizkid057: then someone will ask me to say "its not XXX" or "its not YYY" ... I guess I made the mistake before by pointing out that its not hashfast, but, I think I'm just going to let users figure it out on their own from now on
VinceSamios: I see your point.
wizkid057: I'll just say here that I've never heard of "ActiveMining" until you mentioned it just now

I guess that settles that. Sucks to be Vigil.

I actually know who the miner is... I would not have posted otherwise.

Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 08:56:48 PM

Bargraphics, how soon until you visit Ken and take pictures of progress?
You can already monitor the progress on Eligius. We have 10 24.5 TH miners that are still going through some software debugging or potentially hardware issues.

You people are blind as all shit.

We're blind? You're the one who keeps claiming roughly 50 Th/s increments are roughly 25 Th/s increments.
You're also stupid for not realising that there are numerous ways of adding numbers together to make 50.

The fact is, there's zero evidence to support your claim and evidence disproving it in the form of Ken stating that he is still waiting for chips.

50 TH is divisible by 25 TH -> 2 x 25 = 50. All the increases were multiples of 25 TH. All the drops and power-ups were multiples of 25 TH. There are many ways to get 50 TH but not repeatedly and through multiple power-downs and restarts. The last addition was 25 TH (24.5 TH).
Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

VinceSamios: wizkid057 / Luke-Jr - would you guys mind confirming for the idiots in the ActM thread that the 250TH account is not ActM. plz, thanx.https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297503.new#new
VinceSamios: Can you do me a major favour and just pop in and say "it's not ActM" - would be super appreciated
wizkid057: then someone will ask me to say "its not XXX" or "its not YYY" ... I guess I made the mistake before by pointing out that its not hashfast, but, I think I'm just going to let users figure it out on their own from now on
wizkid057: I'll just say here that I've never heard of "ActiveMining" until you mentioned it just now

Total BS. He never denied it was Active Mining or Ken. Ken may not even have opened the account acknowledging anything regarding ActM. I can sign up for Eligius and no one would have any idea who I was. Wizkid dodged the question.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:01:57 PM

At the end of the day, it is still just speculation, not evidence.

I could see the 'Ken secretly mining' theory, but I don't buy the 'element of surprise' argument for explaining why Ken wouldn't bolster credibility and sales by announcing such a positive piece of news. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:04:16 PM

I could see the 'Ken secretly mining' theory, but I don't buy the 'element of surprise' argument for explaining why Ken wouldn't bolster credibility and sales by announcing such a positive piece of news. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Everyone knows Ken doesn't trust anyone. The whole project has been filled with "NDA" - he doesn't want anyone to know anything until he is ready.
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

Log is legit.  Quote is legit.

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:07:17 PM

Everyone knows Ken doesn't trust anyone. The whole project has been filled with "NDA" - he doesn't want anyone to know anything until he is ready.

As a shareholder I apreciate that you pump the stock value, I really do.
But please, save some gun powder for the time when it is actually possible to trade.
VinceSamios

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:08:19 PM

Total BS. He never denied it was Active Mining or Ken. Ken may not even have opened the account acknowledging anything regarding ActM. I can sign up for Eligius and no one would have any idea who I was. Wizkid dodged the question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VDK90WWh8Ck

Do the maths, a data centre a day keeps the doctor at bay.

Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:09:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VDK90WWh8Ck

Do the maths, a data centre a day keeps the doctor at bay.

They have their own pool, swing and a miss
Vigil

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

Vigil you have done a great job here - the new Colombo. I'm 75% convinced it's us or out first major customer taking a 'beta' product with support.
This could explain the wild fluctuations in hashrate. These could have been the first batch that were having issues or satisfactory chips with required software tune-ups.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:18:47 PM

Weekly Update 1/1/14

Happy New Year!

The new year looks bright for Active Mining as we continue to assemble our miners for quick delivery.

Not a lot of changes from last weeks update:

We are also continuing to develop our Intellihash program and with our 2013 sales at $6,311,788.33 we have a very good share of the market.

We have been working 100% on our core business.

ActiveMining-PR Staff

If you really assemble then why no picture of it? I mean its easy as pie to do.

I think Ken is confused.  By "we continue to assemble our miners for quick delivery" he means that he's putting power supplies into cases.

Ah... now i understand. I knew its some kind of cheap rethorik but i could make sense of "assembling". But prebuilding is assembling too.

I really dont know what Ken is doing. It doesnt sound like he has much work to do but still he cant manage to write the verification script.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: