Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:58:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771074 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JoTheKhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:34:57 PM

From ACTM details on CT.

320600 / 25000000 Outstanding

How many shares did Ukyo own?
Has Ken been selling some of his on the sly?
Those are all the shares ActM issued - 15000000 won't have dividends till 0.0025 dividends reached on the other 10000000. This is just the CT presetting in order to have all of our shares transferred.

Ukyo had 2XX,XXX shares. So where did the extra 100,000 Shares come from is the question. Not the 25,000,000 that are listed.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:48:05 PM

From ACTM details on CT.

Those are all the shares ActM issued - 15000000 won't have dividends till 0.0025 dividends reached on the other 10000000. This is just the CT presetting in order to have all of our shares transferred.

Ukyo had 2XX,XXX shares. So where did the extra 100,000 Shares come from is the question. Not the 25,000,000 that are listed.
Maybe Ukyo had 320600 or even more. The second possibility is Ken testing the transfer system. The third possibility is Ken start trading with his own shares, but I don't think he can get away with it, so if he don't have a good explanation the big holders will file a case immediately. There are just 124605 in sell orders, so no one still trading with those.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 09:49:44 PM

A story......

Years ago, I worked as a software engineer for a large company which at the time was rather well known and which, and because of many bad decisions both before and after the death of its founder went bankrupt.

One of the reasons the company failed was because some manager got the brilliant idea of only releasing products that had no bugs at all. He insisted that software be tested, tested again, and then retested over and over, until there were no bugs. He could not understand why it was not possible to bug free software. Often he would talk about how if a car or refrigerator  was sold with as many bugs as our software, no one would buy a refrigerator.

We tried to explain to him that there was a balance between bugs and delivery date. You could not wait so long making a product so perfect that it never gets delivered, because there is always a window of opportunity past which, the product won't be able to capture any market share.

In the most recent PR announcement, Ken gave us a date of April to be in the heart of production and mining.

It seems as if with each PR announcement, the start of trading gets delayed again. Ken has made many promises which he has broken.  Continuing to do that just breaks any remaining confidence the community has in him. 

At some point, let's say December of 2014, if there is no trading, and no product being produced, there will be many angry, very angry "share holders". 

Did you work on Duke Nukem Forever? I wouldnt be surprised when they are bankrupt after years of debugging.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:53:06 PM

A story......

Years ago, I worked as a software engineer for a large company which at the time was rather well known and which, and because of many bad decisions both before and after the death of its founder went bankrupt.

One of the reasons the company failed was because some manager got the brilliant idea of only releasing products that had no bugs at all. He insisted that software be tested, tested again, and then retested over and over, until there were no bugs. He could not understand why it was not possible to bug free software. Often he would talk about how if a car or refrigerator  was sold with as many bugs as our software, no one would buy a refrigerator.

We tried to explain to him that there was a balance between bugs and delivery date. You could not wait so long making a product so perfect that it never gets delivered, because there is always a window of opportunity past which, the product won't be able to capture any market share.

In the most recent PR announcement, Ken gave us a date of April to be in the heart of production and mining.

It seems as if with each PR announcement, the start of trading gets delayed again. Ken has made many promises which he has broken.  Continuing to do that just breaks any remaining confidence the community has in him. 

At some point, let's say December of 2014, if there is no trading, and no product being produced, there will be many angry, very angry "share holders". 

Did you work on Duke Nukem Forever? I wouldnt be surprised when they are bankrupt after years of debugging.

Don't give him a deadline like December 2014. Shares better be out to us before this month is over. Hell we should have them before Valentine's Day.

JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:01:41 PM

From ACTM details on CT.

Maybe Ukyo had 320600 or even more. The second possibility is Ken testing the transfer system. The third possibility is Ken start trading with his own shares, but I don't think he can get away with it, so if he don't have a good explanation the big holders will file a case immediately. There are just 124605 in sell orders, so no one still trading with those.

Ken has no right to trade Ukyo's shares or his private shares before anyone else. He has benefitted from not having anyone else able to sell shares to reap the highest profit possible. This has to be extremely illegal and when or if this company eventually crashes and burns this alone can cause Ken to see jail time.

I am not saying these extra shares are Ken's shares. But if they are it is definitely not a good idea for him to continue selling them without allowing everyone else access to their shares.

Whatever you are possibly doing Ken it does not matter, you should put it on hold for 1-2 Hours a day and manually transfer people's shares everyday.It seems that whatever automated process you planned to introduce is taking up too much time and a manual process is the way tot go now. This is the best course of action right now and is definitely the most important thing you should worry about.

PS: I think we should stick with 28nm as said before unless going for 20nm is a sure as hell, no way to fail process. If whatever engineer says, "Oh there is a 5% chance that this will not work out." or "It will cost $$$ more" or "You will have to wait a little longer for the finished product". That 5% is too high, that price point is too high, and that date is a little to late and we should go with 28nm. 
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 10:30:10 PM

From ACTM details on CT.

Once again: There were already a few shares listed on CT.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:40:11 PM

320,600 - 232,000 (Ukyo) = 88,600.

So 88,600 must be the remaining unsold IPO shares. I thought there were 180k left unsold but it must be around 90k. It makes sense for Ken to sell them now too if he is on a fund raising exercise.
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:00:21 PM

So 88,600 must be the remaining unsold IPO shares. I thought there were 180k left unsold but it must be around 90k. It makes sense for Ken to sell them now too if he is on a fund raising exercise.
oh minerpart, you will always have Ken's back and provide an excuse reason for his every move.  we're so lucky to have you around to speak for and defend Ken.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:00:31 PM

How about we stop giving Ken the answers and we wait to see what he comes up with? I think this is a grand idea, and it will allow us to gain more insight on Ken's thought process and help us understand where his head is at.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:14:08 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 11:24:53 PM by minerpart

How about we stop giving Ken the answers and we wait to see what he comes up with? I think this is a grand idea, and it will allow us to gain more insight on Ken's thought process and help us understand where his head is at.

We could do but you would be waiting for a long time as he's too busy running the business to be replying to every question that crops up on here. We have given him plenty of space to answer the 28nm vs 20nm questions today and he hasn't shown, so how long do I or anyone wait when I have what I think is the answer to a spurious allegation?

So I am 90% sure I know the answer and post it. Seems fairly reasonable to me especially as other people are posting their views (that he's secretly selling his own shares). A frankly ridiculous accusation as these figures are the official ones from our CT isting.  It does seem a lot of Drama Queens on here don't like it when there is a sensible answer to an extravagant accusation of Ken being some sort of master criminal or scammer.

Finlof - like I said I'm 90% sure this is correct. I'm sorry if simple facts annoy you so much but I'm not making excuses just informing people.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:19:14 PM

We could do but you would be waiting for a long time as he's too busy running the business to be replying to every question that crops up on here. We have given him plenty of space to answer the 28nm vs 20nm question today and he hasn't shown so how long do I or anyone wait when I have what I think is the answer to a spurious allegation?

So I am 90% sure I know the answer and post it. Seems fairly reasonable to me especially as other people are posting their views (that he's secretly selling his own shares). A frankly ridiculous accusation as these figures are the official ones from our CT isting.  It does seem a lot of Drama Queens on here don't like it when there is a sensible answer to an extravagant accusation of Ken being some sort of master criminal or scammer.

Finlof - like I said I'm 90% sure this is correct. I'm sorry if simple facts annoy you so much but I'm not making excuses just informing people.

Hmm.. Good question. Maybe wait until after Ken's next update. You know, because the Wednesday announcements are supposed to answer shareholder questions and concerns.
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:24:22 PM

Yes sure but that means accusations of scamming can hang around for 6 full days before Ken (might) refute them with info/facts. Meanwhile I'm sitting on the info and I don't post it? Doesn't seem a sensible way to support a company you are invested in.

I do totally get you about giving Ken space and opportunity to answer real questions. I'm waiting for him to pipe up with more info on what he sees as the the potential benifits of 20nm.
JoTheKhan

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:35:17 PM

@Miner

Lets just see how it goes. Ken said himself that he spends some time checking the forum for FUD. Might as well make some use out of it. I think we would all rather have Ken's opinion and responses on some of the more dire concerns of the shareholders. I think this is one of those more dire concerns. Ken should tell us before he unloads certain shares over others.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 11:57:13 PM

Ken could you shed some light on the 20nm idea please?  Where would this leave us with eAsic?

Also I think it would be fair to inform the shareholders of an actual date that they'll be able to trade shares.  I know you recently did as much however you never then explained the reason for not sticking to it.  I would encourage you to inform us in advance any time you are unable to meet a deadline.  It's much easier to accept disappointment if it's accompanied by an explanation rather than silence. This way you are more likely to keep people on side.

The shareholder reaction to your latest update surely demonstrates to you that having a professional PR advisor would be a great asset.  I'd go as far as to say that you might have been surprised that people didn't embrace the idea of moving to 20nm.  I do think you should give some thought to employing a professional.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 12:07:20 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 01:41:20 AM by kslaughter

Ken could you shed some light on the 20nm idea please?  Where would this leave us with eAsic?

Also I think it would be fair to inform the shareholders of an actual date that they'll be able to trade shares.  I know you recently did as much however you never then explained the reason for not sticking to it.  I would encourage you to inform us in advance any time you are unable to meet a deadline.  It's much easier to accept disappointment if it's accompanied by an explanation rather than silence. This way you are more likely to keep people on side.

The shareholder reaction to your latest update surely demonstrates to you that having a professional PR advisor would be a great asset.  I'd go as far as to say that you might have been surprised that people didn't embrace the idea of moving to 20nm.  I do think you should give some thought to employing a professional.

Sure, we are just looking into it.  We would only go to that if it makes since, which means GH/s, Power, and time to market.  With time to market being the most important.  Yes, I will try to do that, but sometime when we are working on deals I forget.  I been thinking about a professional PR person; however, it is not on the top of my list of things to do.  As far as eASIC, they are working with us to get the most out of our 28nm custom chip.
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:09:58 AM

Ken could you shed some light on the 20nm idea please?  Where would this leave us with eAsic?

Also I think it would be fair to inform the shareholders of an actual date that they'll be able to trade shares.  I know you recently did as much however you never then explained the reason for not sticking to it.  I would encourage you to inform us in advance any time you are unable to meet a deadline.  It's much easier to accept disappointment if it's accompanied by an explanation rather than silence. This way you are more likely to keep people on side.

The shareholder reaction to your latest update surely demonstrates to you that having a professional PR advisor would be a great asset.  I'd go as far as to say that you might have been surprised that people didn't embrace the idea of moving to 20nm.  I do think you should give some thought to employing a professional.

Sure, we are just looking into it.  We would only go to that if it makes since, which means GH/s, Power, and time to market.  With time to market being the most important.  Yes, I try to do that, but sometime when we are working on deals I forget.  I been thinking about a professional PR person; however, it is not on the top of my list of things to do.  As far as eASIC, they are working with us to get the most out of our 28nm custom chip.

How's it going with the shares verification process?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:14:52 AM

The shareholder reaction to your latest update surely demonstrates to you that having a professional PR advisor would be a great asset.  I'd go as far as to say that you might have been surprised that people didn't embrace the idea of moving to 20nm.  I do think you should give some thought to employing a professional.

Ignore the haters, Ken!  You're doing a bang-up job, I'm enjoying this immensely.
I still feel this venture could be better monetized with a concession stand and a modest door charge, but i'm sure you're already on top of that.
~Your humble fan
minerpart

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:16:36 AM

Sure, we are just looking into it.  We would only go to that if it makes since, which means GH/s, Power, and time to market.  With time to market being the most important.  Yes, I try to do that, but sometime when we are working on deals I forget.  I been thinking about a professional PR person; however, it is not on the top of my list of things to do.  As far as eASIC, they are working with us to get the most out of our 28nm custom chip.

Ken, will your engineering team be making the final decision on whether we go with a 28nm or a 20nm? I see this as an engineering issue first and foremost. We need to be sure that a 20nm chip is capable of being designed and manufactured in good time and that it will show definite benefits over a 28nm chip. The problem is 20nm tech is an incredibly complex undertaking and is still an unproven technology from what I've read. You need to make sure we are following not just  say TSMC's predictions about chip timelines and specs, but also independent expert advice too (some of which questions the benifits of 20nm over 28nm). Thanks.

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2014, 12:24:16 AM

Also Ken, can you give me access and moderator privileges to this thread please?

I would be happy to quit my day job and spend 24 hours a day deleting the trolls in here.  I would be totally biased and delete anyone who spoke out of turn and would find it very therapeutic indeed.  Grin

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
mainline

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

Ken, will your engineering team be making the final decision on whether we go with a 28nm or a 20nm? I see this as an engineering issue first and foremost. We need to be sure that a 20nm chip is capable of being designed and manufactured in good time and that it will show definite benefits over a 28nm chip. The problem is 20nm tech is an incredibly complex undertaking and is still an unproven technology from what I've read. You need to make sure we are following not just  say TSMC's predictions about chip timelines and specs, but also independent expert advice too (some of which questions the benifits of 20nm over 28nm). Thanks.

Ask the engineers, huh?  Good thing you chimed in there, Tiger, 'coz Ken was thinking of consulting his charwoman.  You saved the day.
Your idea about considering time to market is a real eye-opener, and reading about your readings was pure joy!
That's what makes you so special.

You may now swallow.
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: