Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:56:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89316 times)
vasrasus

Activity: 946
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:29:25 PM

If you want to have your privacy be protected while doing KYCs you should do this,fake IDs and informations wont harm your privacy even if these people has sold your IDs in the deepweb you can still be safe because you know to yourself that your informations are still secured,do not trust anyone with your IDs because it could use into something illegally.
For now we all need to follow KYC, we need to find a legit team that will not risk our identity. I mean if in bounties find a trusted manager that we used to join with and guaranteed us that selling will not happen. Same with the company you'll now eventually if they're not true to their wors anyway. Don't do deceiving as much as possible.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
cryptotaste

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:29:22 AM

I think these KYC stuffed should be boycotts and let the cryptocurrency community put an end to this once and for all!  Why should anyone reasonably get comfy with your ID in the hand of total stranger.
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

I think it's difficult to identify the fake one unless the KYC asking about 3 identifications in minimum and also a bank statement. There's always a risk in both side. Fake KYC could frozen your account and True KYC could stolen your identity.  How to avoid it? it's all up to your judgments.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
PETES

Activity: 456
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:57:38 AM

I am in shook. I always send my real ID's for KYC. I am afraid now hope nothing happens or no one will use my ID's for any bad act. But How do I go about the fake ID for the KYC? Any Idea?
As long as you are following the promising ico with good guys behind the project and your ID will still safe dude. Not sure about that but i guess some people are trying to fool the developer with Blank identity and then try to edit it using photoshop. It looks like the majority of people are avoiding to send their real data to the developer. But if they can't fool them and then they will send real data to the developer. You can't get any fake KYC data.

But what if those ICO's system had been hack? To think if that will happen they just enclosed it with the public to avoid chaos? And you being relax didn't know that your name was use in dirty act. Nah, I'm not against in any KYC as I know that it just want to  protect our investment but the fact that our identity can be disclosed to anyone in any time is just so bothering.
Analyst101

Activity: 182
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:03:50 AM

Actually, I sent in real passport for those ICOs like Napoleon X. Now they are supposedly reputable ICOs but yes, I do not know what they might do with that kind of information. I should be more careful next time. I am glad that most of ICOs, as long as the amount is small, do not require KYC though. But I also wonder what they can do with my passport. Can they actually fake a passport based on the information? I also do wonder where they store all that data and other personal information.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:42:02 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

Those who sent fake data may feel secure right now, but if it is later discovered they sent that data they are not going to receive their coins at the end of the ico, in some countries doing something like that is illegal so they will have to choose between losing their money or risking to spend some time in jail, does this means you should send your data? No, avoid investing in any ico that asks for it.
I'm avoiding those ICO that needs KYC it's very hard for me to show it on public coz they will know your identity and im sure in the future they will get information about you.
ICOS need to understand we are not going to tolerate this, they need to see that two similar projects get two different amounts of money, those that ask for KYC gets less amount of funding than a similar project that does not ask for this information, only if that happens the developers will try to find ways to avoid their investors to go through KYC.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:58:12 PM

Sending in fake identification information might end up in a disaster if there is a dispute between you and the exchange and if you already forwarded a fake document ,then they have all the rights to freeze your assets and the risk is too high to play games like that if you are having serious amount of coins saved in those exchanges,so think twice before anyone thinking about doing these dubious activities.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:59:52 PM

Sending in fake identification information might end up in a disaster if there is a dispute between you and the exchange and if you already forwarded a fake document ,then they have all the rights to freeze your assets and the risk is too high to play games like that if you are having serious amount of coins saved in those exchanges,so think twice before anyone thinking about doing these dubious activities.

I think people are aware of the risks, they just value privacy and would rather not send in their real verifications for that purpose.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
ELOCIN

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:22:42 PM

I just was brought up to speed on groups of people sending in fake/Photoshopped ID's by scanning public records to defeat the KYC process and it seemingly is very easy to do.  It appears that many people sent in fake documentation to the Bob's and Polymath KYC and had no hassles.  How do these companies verify people if all they have to go on is public information?  Did they even really check the ID's or were they simply collected the data?  How rampant do you think this is?  How many of us are complete fools for turning in our documents when others simply faked it.  Now they have our data and the people who faked it are still secure.

NOT FAIR.

'This is really worrisome. I even religiously submitted my true documents in order to pass the KYC System. I don't know if who is the more secure now. If those who faked their documents or those who submitted their original documents? I hope this will not cause trouble.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:24:47 PM

NOT FAIR.

KYC is having some real legit and legal problem there
Fake KYC, theft identity expose/stealing and etc

IIRC, there's coin that are focusing on KYC solution where one KYC documents upload, and we can just use that set of data to verify ourself and also protect our data with blockchain
ceyceyki

Activity: 126

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:31:09 PM

Why ahould I share my private documents with them? What if it is a scam project? I dont join KYc or I donr send fake dovuments. Now many coin owners want your information. I hate it.

stigmacryptonight

Activity: 574
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:37:50 PM

I think if a company that really keeps security, it will definitely check it thoroughly and ensure false and genuine identity. In addition, it will certainly maintain member documents.
But if not a company that is not clear, of course, must be in the beware.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:45:28 PM

I think that many people have sent out real data, but after reading this thread most of the people would probably start to send out faked IDs. After all, why it's understandable that a financial institution like a bank is asking for a KYC, the same reasoning does not apply for ICOs, airdrops  and bounty campaigns. After all, you don't have to do a KYC every time you enter a shop and buy something, or if you go eating at McDonalds.
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:55:55 PM

That is a very good idea especially when you dont want your IDs getting sold to the deepweb because you wont know when will these people will sell your informations.Great idea and you wont have to worry about your personally information leaking into public,i should have done this before i have joined these ICOs so that i wont be worrying about my security.
buhna

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:00:48 PM

You can send driver license or international passport. I don't think that it is very dangerous. It is illusion that your documents are secret. There are a lot of real documents in the internet.

spiker777

Activity: 1000
Merit: 279

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 08:05:47 PM

Most ICOs don't have access to public databases, and simply do a visual inspection of the ID. They cannot be expected to have a 100% secure KYC protocol, nobody does. I suspect all they do is check the name, check the ID, if they match up and the photo doesn't appear modified, then KYC passes, otherwise it's a fail/flag. I'd expect you to be perfectly fine doing this for the most part, though if you get caught you may have to forfeit your tokens.

mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:06:27 PM

Sending documents to internet have lots of risk but it is a choice of person who wants to join or not...
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:09:26 PM

NOT FAIR.

I would never ever do KYC for bounty. That is like calling to get scammed. It's risky enough to invest in ICOs, now that KYC is being applied for bounty, that is absolutely ridiculous

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
rfcdejong

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:55:59 PM

By making a copy of your passport anywhere, such as when issuing a new bank card or obtaining a driving license, you are at risk that your data will become public. So it makes no sense to send false documents. Do not send your documents to the airdrop various and questionable ICO.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:19:59 PM

By making a copy of your passport anywhere, such as when issuing a new bank card or obtaining a driving license, you are at risk that your data will become public. So it makes no sense to send false documents. Do not send your documents to the airdrop various and questionable ICO.
If you are sending your documents make sure you are sending for exchanges that require those and there is no guarantee that they will be keeping it safe,either way sending in fake documents is just attracting damage ,if something goes wrong they would simply ban your account without even reviewing and if you have coins in the exchange you are doomed. Who would really send the documents for airdrops. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: