Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sending in fake ID for KYC  (Read 89307 times)
sebr1ng

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 09:33:14 AM

If a service is using a KYC-company, then I think it's less likely to do some malicious stuff, as the records of you participating are there. Unlike project where you just submit your documents and don't know where they're going.

I see it like this: paying with creditcard via trusted processor versus just entering your credit card number in a form.

Nevertheless it's imperative to trust the project itself and most of all - your gut feeling Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 11:40:10 AM

Well, yeah, you're right its not illegal to fake our information here because we just don't want to give them our information and just stay unknown.
it is better not to send anything. and stay away from projects that require sending personal documents, I often choose projects that don't have to send documents, because it's safer
But you need to implement KYC at the exchange you use, which is not really secure either. In 2018 I saw some information saying that the KYC of users at Binance was stolen and it was sold on the black market. Obviously KYC will not be safe in this market and it can be stolen at any time
kesmex

Activity: 1110
Merit: 104

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:19:17 PM

usually exchanges or projects always receive the correct KYC or the correct ID, and I don't know for a fake ID,
but if the fake ID looks right it's likely that your KYC will be accepted, and remember it's the wrong action

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jademaxsuy

Activity: 924
Merit: 220

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2020, 12:35:08 PM

Meaning that they are smarter than those team or group handling KYC. Yes pretty.sure that it is unfair to those individual doing fair on KYC exposing identity. Doing KYC is very dangerous actually at some point like news that a certain platform has been attack by hackers taking all the identies of all of its users. This is now where the problem starts when one idenity will be used in illegal activities or transactions. This may even one get in prison by surprise having a case without knowing that identity was being stolen and use in illegal activities. So sad but identity is very important and it should be private as much as possible.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 12:41:02 PM

usually exchanges or projects always receive the correct KYC or the correct ID, and I don't know for a fake ID,
but if the fake ID looks right it's likely that your KYC will be accepted, and remember it's the wrong action

There are actually services that provides documents of a real person with future paid support. I took one of these and was provided with passport, local identity and custom photo holding the text I desired. They even promised me of not providing same ID to other user for the same platform.
All they were doing is basically picking up any peasant and making their passports and giving them small amount of money for sharing their passport and national Ids.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 01:05:21 PM

You can't create a unknown face with unknown identity, every faces got a name and using someone else face is not right, you are simply saving your ass to put someone else in trouble, I recommend ignoring any project that requires KYC verifications

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Police Indo

Activity: 649

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2020, 01:59:59 PM

You can't create a unknown face with unknown identity, every faces got a name and using someone else face is not right, you are simply saving your ass to put someone else in trouble, I recommend ignoring any project that requires KYC verifications
sending fake identities is also useless, because to verify whether the identity being sent is correct it matches the database. if you don't use a database and only match the one sent, the possibility of data falsification can be very large.

Erumo

Activity: 549
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 02:46:10 PM

Those who refuses to pass KYC or sends fake KYC, what are you more afraid of? Being disclosed or afraid of your personal data being used by third party?

For those who prefer to stay in shadow - skip anything that asks to pass KYC, do not use ID, dont frame other person.
For others - try using complicated watermarks on your documents. That will save them from being used by others.

You mess with the meow meow
You get the peow peow
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 03:57:34 PM

I am not talking about verification in crypto world. What I mean is that once your KYC Data are in the hand of fraudsters, they can buy goods in your name. They can open a bank account for money laundering. All that illegal stuff what will be accomplished in your name then. So will your stolen ID Data marked for the future?
That is what worries those who do KYC carelessly their ID data will be sold on the black market and of course it will be easy to access all the credits we have and hackers have a way to do this so it needs to be considered if you want to act with your KYC.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 04:03:28 PM

Those who refuses to pass KYC or sends fake KYC, what are you more afraid of? Being disclosed or afraid of your personal data being used by third party?

For those who prefer to stay in shadow - skip anything that asks to pass KYC, do not use ID, dont frame other person.
For others - try using complicated watermarks on your documents. That will save them from being used by others.
If creating a fake ID you can replace the image of the person in ID with that of an image created by an AI software. This will not be causing trouble for anyone and you will be able to do your work, the problem is that theis kind of stuff is illegal in many countries and is also unetheical as considered by many. The simplest solution to this problem would be to just abandon that project and go to next one, there will be a lot of projects that won't require you to do KYC and just have the fair share of rewards that they are offering.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 06:43:08 PM

By sending documents, we put ourselves at risk.  I am also worried about this act.  Where are my documents now?  I don't think I will do that anymore.  Well at least on the stock exchanges.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 03, 2020, 06:49:28 PM

Even if the KYC process is managed by a specialized company doesn't necessarily mean that everything is done professional and that no errors happen.
I participated in an ICO once and after "winning" an allocation i had to do KYC immediately and fast because it was selling out quickly.
They asked for a picture of my ID for verification and because i didn't have one on my PC at hand i just uploaded a picture of a car or something and i still passed the KYC without problems  Cheesy.
Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:29:19 PM

It's actually not a good act, sending the information of someone else in carrying out a KYC obligation. It's better for one to avoid the project or bounty, than trying to cheat the system by offering an innocent person as a sacrifice. The same fear faith that you don't want to befall you, should not be directed to someone else.
josgandosbro

Activity: 561
Merit: 101

https://imgur.com/cUCkVsv

View Profile
August 04, 2020, 08:37:40 PM

Then a live KYC method will be a good alternative. There are already a lot of companies and exchange that is using this method for eliminating fake KYC and many have succeeded. In live KYC users need to use their camera to make a short video by using their device's camera with different instructions for every user. I think it will be very hard to fake live video.

Yes, I agree with your idea, but this can still be manipulated because the technology is now sophisticated but at least the country doing this scammers will have difficulty, maybe only 1 or 3 scammers can pass KYC directly

yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:20:28 PM

After reading the topic, I made the following conclusions. We shouldn't send fake documents, as we are breaking the law in this way. But the KYC check itself is also illegal, as it violates the basic principle of the crypto space - anonymity. But as a result, both things still happen.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:35:00 PM

I am also worried about sending personal information online. Fearing that my identity will be used illegally also. But I have joined one bounty campaign that requires KYC and I have no choice but to send them else my stakes would be forfeited. I don't why this KYC thing had become a requirement for most projects. Just against the essence of crypto.
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:43:02 PM

After reading the topic, I made the following conclusions. We shouldn't send fake documents, as we are breaking the law in this way. But the KYC check itself is also illegal, as it violates the basic principle of the crypto space - anonymity. But as a result, both things still happen.
Yea, exactly like that. KYC is not necessary in this market because it violates the rules of cryptocurrency, but once projects require KYC, we must comply with their regulations and should send accurate information.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:45:34 PM

There are way too many crooks in Crypto unfortunately, scammers, hackers and thieves. They will try everything and anything to steal what they can from others as if it is their birthright to do it and I am really sick of it happening. I am also scared that when I fill my KYC in my identity is being stolen and sold to some of these gangs. You just never know what and who to trust nowadays in this rickety world. Unfortunately most nasty elements in Crypto don't get caught so they just can carry on with their scams and do whatever they like. My name and stuff was faked a lot to collect bounties even on this forum using my name and my work. They are rampant even on BTCTALK.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:51:56 PM

I understand why some people might submit fake documents for a KYC verification process  but considering the current ways KYC's are done now, it will be very difficult for people to use fake documents as before. Do you think KYC is really needed in a decentralized ecosystem like the crypto space ?  But people say there is nothing like anonymity in this world we find ourselves.
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:58:06 PM

I think that this is the constant dilemma of every individual in the crypto world. I can see that many are evidently bothered when a project suddenly requires KYC, and I share the same sentiments. In this generation where identity theft is rampant it is not impossible that data privacy law to be violated. So we must be really vigilant with the projects that we are getting into.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: