Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Philippines is starting to accept bitcoin.  (Read 3057 times)
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:29:27 PM

So does this mean that people will have an alternative now rather than just coins.ph being available? They seem to have monopolize the transact of crypto for the people there. Undecided
Or will there be a new contender organization to try and give another viable option so to purchase and exchange bitcoins in this island nation? Huh

There's news that 2 trading exchanges will be opening soon. But I haven't heard anything about it. Maybe it is still in the process. But I do hope that they are going to open soon so that we can have at least another option and not just coins.ph

And as far as I'm concern, Philippines is very friendly to cryptos however, it doesn't mean that they will not regulate it. I think its better to have a tighter regulations.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:36:59 PM

It is good to hear that Philippines is accepting bitcoin gracefully. Philippines is one of the few Asian countries that does not come up with fuds to attack bitcoin.
rosanoe

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:37:58 PM

Many people in the Philippines are using bitcoin in long time. And I can say that our country is making a connection with bitcoin and many people supported it. So it is good to know things about bitcoin.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:40:30 PM

Our country just recently held a seminar introducing bitcoin in our country. The said seminar were facilitated
by bitcoin experts and government officials in pursuit of using bitcoin as another form of payment and regulation of it as well.

http://www.wheninmanila.com/5-things-i-learned-about-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency/

Wow, this is good news. Government is seeing it as a way to help on the remittances I believe since we have many OFWs sending their money from abroad.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Our country just recently held a seminar introducing bitcoin in our country. The said seminar were facilitated
by bitcoin experts and government officials in pursuit of using bitcoin as another form of payment and regulation of it as well.

http://www.wheninmanila.com/5-things-i-learned-about-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrency/

Conducting a seminar on crypto-currency doesn't mean anything positive. I still remember what happened in Thailand after a similar seminar (the government banned Bitcoin after the event). I am still waiting for some official communication from the Philippine government, regarding the legalization and regulation of the crypto-currencies.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:46:04 PM

It's a welcome development but I hope there will be a lot of merchants who will open their doors to accept Bitcoin. There are banks in the Philippines who doesnt like their clients to engage in Cryptocurrency, I know a bank who doesn't accept opening new accounts when they claim that their source of income is through Cryptocurrency. I know Union Bank is open to this but other banks have not embraced the existence of Bitcoin or Cryptocurrency.
yinyangwinwang

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

Sweeet I know which crypto friendly country I am travelling to first now, I was on the fence between Europe and Asia but now it is not even close! Smiley

DIGITIZECOIN.COM | 25% Bonus for Pre-Sale | Main-Sale April 22 2018
Made In Australia
▬▬▬ ■  WebsiteWhitepaper ■  ANN threadJoin Telegram ▬▬▬
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:05:49 PM

may other countries follow the path of bitcoin development in the Philippines.
and I hope no one is harmed, and the main purpose of mutual prosperity of the people, because bitcoin and the original currency will be the same usefulness ..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Matildada

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:14:52 PM

I am happy to hear that bitcoin is accepted in the Philippines. That's great for bitcoin investors in the Philippines, who can trade bitcoin freely at home. This is also good for the price of bitcoins.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:21:46 PM

It's a great news! Regulating cryptocurrencies is a very heavy workload for a country that will adopt bitcoin as a form of payment. However, I loved the fact that our government is now taking steps on regulating, promoting, and now "will" be accepting Bitcoin as form of payment. These just indicates that the PH government is concerned and alert on what's the worldwide trend.

dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:23:05 PM

it's a good news, so happy to hear that. philippines prove that bitcoin is not something that will give bad impact to their economic and the government of Philippines realize that bitcoin will increase their economy. I hope my country will follow they step because bitcoin also will increase the economy in my country.
otandelapaz

Activity: 518
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:25:19 PM

Probably one of the reasons is that big companies and some well known businessmen are into crypto-currency too. And we all know that they have a very big influence on Philippine politics.
There are at least three ICOs where I see prominent Filipino businessmen are involved. Either as investors or as consultants.
I just hope that the entry of crypto currency in the Philippines will benefit everyone not just those who already have money and influence.

treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:28:00 PM

Let say "go beyond from your boundaries." Well, well, well, very well for that. Hopefully, there will be more countries that do the same thing.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
arthur25

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:39:31 PM

This will serve as a new success of bitcoin in one country. It is a huge news and seminar for New ways of exchange and payments. Cryptocurrency is on the go to Philippines. This can be consider as a revolution of cryptocurrency in one nation. Good luck Philippines.
Xelle

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 03:48:33 AM

This is good news for us..im looking forward to it.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:54:09 AM

This is certainly good news for the filipino communities both at home and abroad as it would be a good way to transfer funds seamlessly. It also shows the government is progressive and willing to accept new ideas the adoption is creeping county by country at the moment.  Smiley

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Argie021213

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:56:01 AM

Its good to know that our country has finally acknowledged the fact that bitcoins could help improve the economy. They can also improve it to be more secured so that the users will be protected from being hacked and their earnings would not be stealed nor be used to illegal transactions.I'm looking forward to a better future with bitcoins.
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:27:18 AM

Bitcoin has been introduced in our school in the year of 2010 but most of us just ignore it because we seriously don't have any idea and not interested about it. It's been a year since I found out that in our country (Philippines) already accepted bitcoin. However, only few people know about it because most of them are busy with their own life. I've been watching the news every night, but bitcoin never been covered in any news. Our president seems not bothered about bitcoins because he is too busy dealing with drug users and pusher. To prevent a crime and corruption are the president's main purpose.

Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:38:40 AM

This is great, more countries accepting bitcoin is going to make bitcoin more famous and it will be more valuable, and Philippines got quite large amount of people that interested in crypto, I am glad the government can see bitcoin as a currency that can help the country to develop, and this is also going to give big advantage for the citizen, hopefully more and more government realize the real usage and potential of bitcoin
Kahoy01

Activity: 481

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:39:44 AM

Yes this is true, a lot of people here in the Philippines are starting to invest on the said cryptocurrency. All they only need right now is proper knowledge and being risk-takers. In fact, the bitcoin investment is a thing here in our country 4 years ago when a bitcoin was still 10 dollars or 500 pesos on our currency.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: