Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:08:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few?  (Read 4901 times)
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:20:47 AM

You’re correct to diversify your investment. Five is just about right. Get Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple and two others of your choice.

Don't limit it to have just 5 of them. There are hundreds of them that we'll see very much useful when comes the time the product is released. Tezos for instance or EIDOO token is one of a kind hybrid exchange that is going to be released sooner. Also if you hold this token you will receive a lot of airdrop from its exchange. Its a win-win situation.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:25:43 AM

At the moment there are so many altcons in the market, so collecting lots of them in your wallet isn't reasonable, i guess. But having btc and ethereum might not be enough. Unfortunately, there are lots of shitcoins and you'd better watch them out. Lots of information to read is being written for us everyday, find your lucky coins according to some experts' opinions and analysis.

Chrisjay

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:31:01 AM

Will for me its is best that you few enough. Because lot of holding token is so hard to monitor sometimes you didnt watch them. Thats why its best to hold few. 4 or 6 holding token is enough..
Drunken Lullabies

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:32:46 AM

in fact I think it is great when we have altcoin with many types. Because that way, we can set the time so trading. We could play it short term or long term with some kind of altcoin that we have. And of course also benefit we can get more.
forevergala

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:15:12 PM

I have many altcoins. I think it is obvious that having as many altcoins as you can afford is always better than owning just a few ones, because you don't know which coin/token will rise highly in the future and which coin will die, so diversifying your altcoins portfolio is minimizing the risks and making your chance to get daily profits bigger.
dewynijhof

Activity: 292
Merit: 11

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:20:03 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?
In my opinion, having more altcoin would be safer. The cryptocurrency market has a lot of altcoin, if we only invest in 1 altcoin then the risk will be high. Nobody put all the eggs in one basket. I advise you to diversify your capital, you should invest in those altcoin with growth potential, preferably altcoin in the top 100 coinmarketcap. I believe that long-term investment will bring you a lot of profit.

matanglawin

Activity: 372
Merit: 100

The Organic Growth Token

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:23:12 PM

Having a few but promising cryptos to hold, is much better than holding many whereas some are not that potent. Also in this way, investors would be able to invest bigger amount of certain cryptos which would generate bigger profit. Not all altcoins are having a chance to have a higher market price in the future.

KitToken                         
                                         Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing                                         
▔  Whitepaper  TelegramTwitterFacebookYoutubeMedium   Announce  ▔
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:28:13 PM

when you just keep 1 type of coin it seems that it is a loss, better you hunt and save some coins or tokens a few months later if the blessing it will give you a surprising money.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:28:28 PM

I guess the key thing is to have good coins instead of numbers of coins. So I will suggest you to concentrate on finding the potential coins and add to your portfolio.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:10:31 PM

No need to invest in everything altcoins. Choose only those that have great potential, but also do not invest only 2 or 3 coins. It is best to choose 10 - 15 altcoins.

realsteve

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:59:38 PM

It depends on the level of risk you are comfortable with. 80% in coins like bitcoin and ethereum can be safe. You can take a higher level of risk with the other 20 percent.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:11:29 AM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

One of the basic rules of investment is diversification, i.e. investing in multiple assets so that you safeguard yourself from unknown reasons of a downfall in one investment.
Now, this is not just crypto, I personally diversified my investments in real estate, forex, stocks and yes CRYPTO too.

When it comes to crypto, it is one of the most volatile market and hence the chances of getting rekt is higher too, so diversification is a must here.
So it is good to invest in multiple altcoins, but again, your portfolio must not over diversify, i.e. investment in many many coins which you cant keep a track on.

So invest in multiple coins but only to a certain numbers where you can keep a track about all of those projects, dont get involved in 100s of coins, pick up a lesser number which you can if not daily, can track weekly or bi-weekly basis so you understand where your investment is heading.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:17:58 AM

I prefer havibg diversity on my coins rather than focusing on one. Yes I know profit is not gonna be that big compared to focusing on one but I have a bigger chance of survivability. If I have diversity on my coins then it is okay for me if one fails because I still have others that can give me profit but if I focus on only one coin I will lose everything if that one coin fails.
Carina.P

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:01:51 AM

I prefer havibg diversity on my coins rather than focusing on one. Yes I know profit is not gonna be that big compared to focusing on one but I have a bigger chance of survivability. If I have diversity on my coins then it is okay for me if one fails because I still have others that can give me profit but if I focus on only one coin I will lose everything if that one coin fails.
Focusing on investing in one token is a very dangerous thing. The encryption market is particularly volatile, if not dispersed. There will be a great loss of probability.
sammyp

Activity: 854

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:23:28 AM

I believe in diversity so I have managed to spread my investment across different altcoins. There have been several times when a particular coin suffers a great depreciation and at such instances you need to have other coins which should be doing well so as not to depress you. For me I would say keeping so many coins is actually the best option.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
Akselrod

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:26:41 AM

It all depends on the amount of your deposit and your risk management. To have more than 10 coins is less risky than having a few, but it may not be so profitable. Everyone has their own opinions on this. Personally, I try not to distribute money for more than 5 coins.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:28:01 AM

I believe the decision is left for you to make whether to have so many altcoin or just few but which ever one you take, make sure you take time to do a very good research of the coin and be sure it is a potential coin before you invest in it. Moreover, it is good to have as many altcoin as you desire as long as they are good coin because incase of any fall in price of one, you have some other ones to cover for the loss.
terkapar

Activity: 118

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:29:51 AM

of course if you have a lot of coins will be a lot of profits obtained but also will be a lot of losses if the price decreases. all positive and negative. but I think it's a lot of profit if you invest in lots of coins.
KenyonCarter

Activity: 173

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:33:34 PM

Well honestly, if you have a few that work excellent, you do not need more. I have recently invested in paragon and ripple and I believe with this combo, there is nothing more I need as they are great for earnings.
MortonAlden

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

Nope. Do not even think of overloading your wallet with excess coins. It is always better to have a few but great coins. I can tell you about tau, icx and wanchain as they work great and I would definitely recommend them for high profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: