Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:16:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few?  (Read 4901 times)
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:42:25 AM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

If you are trading then to have many coins is good, you will multiple you chances for benefit, why not?

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
janaiz

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:47:36 AM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

It is better for me to have many alternative coins specially if your not HODL it, if your game is Buy and Sell then it is better, the more alt coins the better if you choose the right coin, so before buying lots of alternative coins make sure you check it's background if it is for long term or short term.
adhikari98

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:35:48 AM

Keeping many types of altcoins reduces risk as diversification is good for investment even if price of one kind of altcoin fall, same can be recovered from another type of altcoin if its value rises. Currently, altcoins are availabe are very lower price, so it is good to keep as many altcoins and who knows one day these altcoins value gets high as much as bitcoin. It will earn you a fortune.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

It depends on your capacity to invest and how much are you dealing here,diversification is one great idea to controls the risk of losing in single investing in this one you may have many options of gaining.

Im into 4-7 coins excluding bitcoin and so far it makes me satisfy since i am waiting for every one of them to grow and even if it takes a long for bumping still i have other to look at.

But if you believe in single investing then try it,sometimes that gives big profit if youre lucky enough to choose what will be pumping next
Cutieh01

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:06:01 PM

Depends on several factors such price of the coins and the price charts for each coin. The frequent value that is often lessened from the value when the price drops or the frequent value that is added when the price increases. These are just several factors that would give you an idea of what coin to invest in, and what coin to buy the most.

In my opinion I prefer to have few altcoins as Long as it is still kicking and at the top of its existence among all altcoins. But then be always aware of the latest updates of altcoin or the coins you are holding so that you will not left behind.
ubay

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:22:39 PM

Depending on how potential coin you have, you may have plenty of altcoin but keep it that has great potential for the future. Because now there are many scam coin scattered and very difficult to distinguish.

Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

Diversification is good but that doesn't mean it has no negative side. Having many coins means you have a better chance of making a profit from one of them.
Abu Shadow

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:38:08 PM

If you have many altcoins you have a higher chances that you will get fortune on one of them. Remember that we can't predict the future but we can invest on many coins to increase our percentage of hitting our target. You just need to research those altcoins if they have a good product that can attract more investors.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:56:00 PM

I think it is very necessary if we someday need the necessary for us to use as it should and should be developed again not only get it alone but must increase the amount so that the income that we get will be more enough in the future.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:11:59 PM

The emergence of different alternative coins indicate the success of the blockchain technology. It proves the usefulness of the development of alternative coins in the market with in their respective scope and function. The more alternative coins existing, the more options traders and investors can have. It makes the market more competitive and healthy. It opens more opportunity to everybody, specially for the small capital investors.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:29:37 PM

It depends on your capability to buy and to face risk in terms of investment. One should have a good terms of information for them to learn and to gain more profit not just to buy more alts and to wait until the price rise. Investing will always have a presence of risk that could be a hinder on our income for the future. But if we are willing to deal our part on learning and making the best decision on transaction it is totally worth it in the future.
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:40:08 PM

I think it is better to have few altcoins. But make sure that the altcoins you have are the better altcoins in the market. What will you do to many altcoins if some of them are nod good.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Dinatrio

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 01:45:15 PM

Not so important to have MANY, than to have RIGHT altcoins, if u want to make good portfolio.
But if u have Many it can be pumped and other things
max fray

Activity: 294

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?
The harm of having many altcoins is that most of them will drop in the perspective.
Only few tokens of the most popular and hyped ICOs are worth long-term investment and these are the projects related to increasing the blockchain scalability.

djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:49:02 PM

I think it is obvious that having as many altcoins as you can afford is always better than owning just a few ones, because you don't know which coin/token will rise highly in the future and which coin will die, so diversifying your altcoins portfolio is minimizing the risks and making your chance to get daily profits bigger.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:56:19 PM

Diversification is good but that doesn't mean it has no negative side. Having many coins means you have a better chance of making a profit from one of them.
Yes, its better to have many altcoins, because you have a bigger chance that one of them can make you earn big profit, but i suggest that you have to pick the more potential coins and make sure that its not a scam. And make sure that you can handle and manage all of the coins that you pick, because if you cant, your investments will be go to nothing and you will lose the money you used for your investments.
jayveerastrullo

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

Keeping just 3 accounts is the best thing to do, not more than 4. Just imagine if bitcoin price increase you'll gain 20% more compare having 4 accounts.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

It is enough to have a few because that is better rather than having a lot of altcoins because your capital is so diversified and the amount of bitcoin to each altcoin is very low so even they go up for at least 10% then you will still not get a decent profit. If you have few altcoins then it will be good to you since you can earn decent profit after a small to big pump.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

I believe it is better to have just a few bit very reliable, relevant and competent altcoins in the market than saturating it with a lot of altcoins that are mediocre at best and would only probably last within a few months then die off immediately. It's much better to keep the competition tight yet sport and having good altcoins while maintaining the saturation level of the altcoin industry intact is exhibited in the scenario of having few altcoins.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:35:49 PM

Having different kind of altcoin is not bad but the disavantage of it is too hard to manage especially once coins turns to red or continue flucutates. In my opinion fewer is great because it is very manageable. Also monitoring of it is too easy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: