Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:37:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few?  (Read 4901 times)
Temmy007

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:28:54 AM

The strategy of trading many altcoin will end up making you loses; for example you have 100 dollars to trade imagine trading like 10 altcoins; I.e 10 dollars per coin; that is very ridiculous from my perspective.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:32:06 AM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

Having many altcoins gives you more opportunity for any of your coins to pump in value and receive big reward. But having too many also will divide your attention and lost focus in following the trend of good coins. You might not be able to know if its value shoots up.
Kyo Kusanagi

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:44:38 AM

I think it would be better to have multiple altcoins, because it can reduce your investment risk and maybe you can get more profit. So I think diversity will be a very good choice.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:46:55 AM

Have a few coins but the coins that proven to have a pretty good development will feel more comfortable than having a lot of shitcoins. I prefer to have few coins in the wallet, other than for the reasons mentioned above, also because a few coins will be easier to manage.

hariini

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:51:41 AM

the benefit of having lots of coins held is that when it sells the coin when the coin price is higher than the purchase price, the profit earned will be more than just having a few coins held. and there is only one thing lacking if holding a coin in large quantities, which must be ready to spend big capital to get big profits too
Talat10gu

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:20:01 AM

I think that the decision dependes on your experience in crypto, if you are able to have many altcoins, you will have it. I think that than more altcoins you have than it is better.

Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:23:43 AM

Not because you have many altcoins it may guarantee a lot of profit because I if you can't manage it then you'll be wasting your money and time. Just have few altcoins that is strong in the market and can sustain every volatility. Well if you really wanna hold many coins then by now you should learn to manage your expectations.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
Lareina

Activity: 430

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:29:24 AM

Not because you have many altcoins it may guarantee a lot of profit because I if you can't manage it then you'll be wasting your money and time. Just have few altcoins that is strong in the market and can sustain every volatility. Well if you really wanna hold many coins then by now you should learn to manage your expectations.
Both of these two ways have their own advantages and disadvantages. It's better to invest in a way that you can control.
EducoinVietnam

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:21:20 AM

I save a lot of altcoins by participating in bounty programs. And the real money was invested mainly in only a few major projects.
zhineng2030

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:31:03 AM

Of course, it is best to have a small number of projects. You can hold a lot of coins. If you spread the funds in too many projects, you must be distracted. You can't pay attention to the development of a project for a long time, and you will often make each A wrong judgment.
Sexie

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

The risk of diversification investment is even lower. Of course, if bitcoin drops, the same is true of what coins you take.

Having few altcoins is better for you to focus than to have many altcoins that you can not handle it.  Even though , you have one or two kinds of altcoin , if it is  more profitable in short term  that would be enough than to have many that  are not profitable.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
CybereyesWinger

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:25:30 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

Without certain experience, Trading and Hodling are risky. The most acceptable method of investing at the moment is ICO. For a more successful contribution, you need to carefully analyze the project. Identify is necessary for the market side. For example, the Kelvin Blockchain project has an innovative method of encryption, transmission, storage, and security. All this is based on quantum computing. Thus becoming in demand in the future.
   I see this situation in this way, now there are a lot of projects, and all of them are aimed at improving services, it's cool, but it seems to me that everyone has forgotten about the security of our data, but the block is well protected, but now. I read an article about quantum processors, they are already talking about the possibility of hacking, and what will happen after they become public, and the technology will improve. I began to look, and found an interesting project that is immediately ready to solve the problem of not only quantum protection, but also improve the speed of the entire system as a whole.
   I managed to participate in several ICO, some I earned quite well, I can say with certainty, for a good project, it must have potential for the future, that it will be needed in five years. Unfortunately most projects do not have this potential. I was lucky and I came across a project focused on protecting against hacking quantum processors, and to maximize the use of all the advantages of new technologies, project Kelvin Blockchain, you need at least to consider, because not every day there is such a good option for investing money.
   Kelvin Blockchain project itself is flexible to implementing cryptographic algorithms which will make it one of the safest blockchains ever existed with 10+ signature available from the start. This project does not rely on any particular signature algorithm and due to the multi-client use - on some single consensus. In case of any problems, it is possible to quickly locate the threat and prevent it’s distribution throughout the system. Multiple blockchains with different consensus algorithms, token types, and assignments will be available. The multichain technology allows creating almost an unlimited potential for speed and productivity. Kelvin Blockchain can launch up to 2^64 subchains - more available subchains will benefit in increased speed and security. Moreover, all the blockchains will be processed in one wallet so that the client could have fast transactions, secure investments and cheap smart contracts as well as a lot of other services at his hand.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

Diversification of funds is very good but it doesn't mean you should split a small amount in tens or hundreds of poor performing coins. Depending on the size of your investment, invest in your coins that you feel will give you some profit in the long run.
Juggernautbtc

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:31:48 PM

Personally, I prefer to have 2-3, it seems to me that this is quite enough. You do not have to devote much time to tracking all your coins. It is best to create a list of 10 coins and choose from them some of the most promising and invest. I think that this will give the maximum profit.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:33:51 PM

Risk diversification is very important in a volatile market like this, so my advice is to have at least more than 10 coins in your portfolio.
sylviazapanta19

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

I normally hold 2 or 3, spreads the risk a little but I don't like having too many. Then I just invest into various ICOs.
1Nebonad1golovoy1

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:15:52 PM

I think that it makes no sense to keep a lot of altcoins, you can analyze what are the best, to keep on the stock exchange only a few altcoins - this is my personal opinion.because a very large number of altcoins are not used, then there is no sense of them.
papasmurph

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:39:12 PM

It is definitely better to invest in more than one coin. But I think you should not over do it. I personally prefer to invest my money in three or four coins. So I will always have a chance for good results. But the excessive number of coins to invest according to me is not a good strategy.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:45:26 PM

First of all, it's not about quantity but in quality, you can have 100 weak coins whose price will never grow, but you can have 10 top coins and make profit in a few months.
Of course, it's best to have 100 top coins.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:47:15 PM

Holding a diverse portfolio is always safer because even good projects randomly collapse sometimes, nothing to do with that, if you hold many coins you'd be probably in a more comfortable position.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: