Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:24:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few?  (Read 4901 times)
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 02:02:42 PM

have a lot of coins will have the advantage of opportunities could feel the increase in coins became bigger. Although not as big for results if focused on the little coins. This would be better than having a coin in a key a little bit. Moreover, when the coin has decreased a bit right then it helpful because there are also coins that will probably go up so it's not too great in experiencing loss.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:02:15 PM

I am always for the quality. Therefore, for me let them be at times less. But at least worthy of our attention. And when the market just dam not understand what. This does not alleviate the situation.
I agree with you, do not chase the number of coins, and it is better to choose good projects. Also, do not choose just one or two coins in which you want to invest, as it is necessary to differentiate their risks.

WhiteShum
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:49:39 AM

It all depends on what kind of money are we talking about. If you have about $100,000 then it makes sense to enter a large number of coins. With a smaller Deposit, it is better to focus on several projects.
Teebass001

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:05:10 AM

The less shitcoins you hold, the better for your portfolio and your mental health. This is not the best of times to be a massing shitcoins. Capital preservation should be your priority at the moment. And one of the effective ways to achieve that is by reducing your exposure to Altcoins. They are highly volatile and unpredictable at the moment. Just my 1 Satoshi!

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Khiceog

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:31:10 PM

In fact, every investor should make the appropriate decision based on personal work strategies and preferences. You also need to take into account the specific altcoins in which the investor invests his money. Personally, I prefer to distribute investments, but usually hold no more than 20 coins
trash321

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:37:27 PM

Of course, I think it’s best to have a lot of altcoins, because I think that the more altcoins you have, the more opportunities there are for you to really get rich sooner or later. We are all here about this.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:43:20 PM

There are many many alts but only few has real usage so better have few best than 100 alts which are just tokens which were done to pump and dump.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:04:52 PM

It is better for you to have good few coins than for you to have coins that are many but are no good. The quality of the coins that you are investing in is what matters in contrast to the quality. Diversifying is the best way to go but there should be a limit because if you are investing in scam coins then you are going to be losing a lot of money from the coins
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:55:33 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

Better to have the investments spread out, it make sure that you are mitigating the risks of investing in the cryptocurrencies. The more coins you have then the more potential you have of making profit in the long run. Also if any coin ends up dying out then you can be sure that you have other coins for you to fall back on without taking too much of a hit

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Starfranko

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:00:44 PM

Just like not putting your eggs in one basket guys you need o spread your tentacles diversity your investment because you never can tell which one will do fantastic . It is therefore better to spread so that if one does not do well you can actually fall back on another for returns on investment
nostrings

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:11:54 PM

I actually think a lot of different coins will survive.  People like choice.  Just look at how many different video games there are, thousands released each year.
acaciosc

Activity: 325

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:26:01 PM

I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?
Just think about it: when you invest in 10 different altcoins it's more difficult to monitor the charts, you may miss a pump or kind of overhold your coins and not sell them in the right time. The market is changing really fast and you always need to stay up to date.
rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:33:25 PM

i would suggest to have few selected coins only , as there are approx 1700 coins and we can not study about all coins. also you can not get benefit from all the coins . So it is advisable to have few selected coins only and you can also have the control over trading. the only benefit i see with having more coins is there is chance of massive pump in one coin and there you can get the profit.
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:39:34 PM

It is not enough for you to have to have so many coins, but for you to be able to give proper monitoring to the coins you are holding.
If you feel you can follow up all the coins you have, then so be it.
Also, you can just select the ones with good prospects and hold.
ThunderCatSteve

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:09:51 AM

It is not enough for you to have to have so many coins, but for you to be able to give proper monitoring to the coins you are holding.
If you feel you can follow up all the coins you have, then so be it.
Also, you can just select the ones with good prospects and hold.

From my perspective I think that we should support top altcoins because they make the transaction going smoother and much faster and much cheaper, check stellar check ripple, how not to use them when the transaction fees are near 0 (like bitcoin in its beginning) but now bitcoin fees have become expensive (at the moment $10+ but few weeks ago it was up to around 50-100 or more in USD). I personally do support top altcoins, there are many good projects and there are many copy paste coins, shitcoin without a roadmap or a imaginary team etc.
Kofiy
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Am KOFIY!

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:37:02 AM

As for me, I don't think it's wise to keep many altcoins. You only need to keep few of them and your selection should be projects with serious team and tangible use cases. If you keep many of them, it will be very difficult to monitor them and this will lead to a more greater risk for you.

bummm

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:08:48 AM

Nothing wrong with having a lot of altcoins. I have a lot of altcoins, I hope to sell some of them profitably. It is unknown which of the coins will become the leader among the altcoins tomorrow. It is better to make the wallet wider.
Escf4

Activity: 364
Merit: 3

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:28:20 AM

I think it is better to have few altcoins than many altcoins , so that you will not run out of time monitoring your many altcoins , if you have few altcoins you can focus on it and it will not require so much time , monitoring your coins in the market or trading sites, fewer altcoins does not make you pressure in working with cryptocurrency.

GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
www.gigzi.com
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

have a lot of altcoins will create opportunities results becomes increasingly large. of course, this is because there will be no altcoin who know exactly which ones will be up pretty high and even this would be quite helpful when one altcoin down and altcoin the other becomes a helper so that the value of the loss is not too high. But if from the many altcoins who also owned his indiscriminate certainly also will not be able to give appropriate results expectations.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:04:44 AM

I think that it will be enough to keep and trade a small amount of altcoins, if there are a large number of them, then it’s quite difficult to watch them, although if you have experience you can trade with a lot of coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: