Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:24:08 AM

I am going to try this coin out.  It sounds interesting. I wonder how hard it is to use the source code.

the wallets work you don't need to modify.

if you want to modify the source code, its similar to modifying any coin code.  did you have a specific modification in mind?

I want to change it so that I can get 100% every month.

Thats kinda stupid and will make tek very unstable. Why dont i just buy tek, stake for a mont and dump for 2x profits?

making stake 100% would just halve the value of the coin (price could then go anywhere...)
It's been tried already on other coins, and has proved to be the case.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:37:06 PM

Oneline TEK install on Debian-based:
Code:
apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools && mkdir ~/cryptos ; cd ~/cryptos && mkdir TEK ; cd TEK && wget https://github.com/presstab/TEK/archive/v1.2.tar.gz && tar -xvf v1.2.tar.gz && cd TEK-1.2 && qmake-qt5 tekcoin-qt-linux.pro && make && ln -s ~/TEK/Tekcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TEK
Arch-based should be similar, just replace apt-get install with pacman -Ss

This is great, David. We should capture this and put it to a wiki on the TEK website. The more Linux users the better.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

Code:
apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools && mkdir ~/cryptos ; cd ~/cryptos && mkdir TEK ; cd TEK && wget https://github.com/presstab/TEK/archive/v1.2.tar.gz && tar -xvf v1.2.tar.gz && cd TEK-1.2 && qmake-qt5 tekcoin-qt-linux.pro && make && ln -s ~/TEK/Tekcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TEK

This is great, David. We should capture this and put it to a wiki on the TEK website. The more Linux users the better.

But we need to restore TEK source files first - https://github.com/presstab/TEK/ repo is deleted now...
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 01:33:16 PM

who would delete a source tree? Jeez.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
raskul

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:44:43 PM

someone spat the dummy out?  Shocked

noise23
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

Code:

But we need to restore TEK source files first - https://github.com/presstab/TEK/ repo is deleted now...

Will it create the fork coin if I use the sources from the front page?? https://github.com/maxxine/TEK

This source will work fine on the correct chain, it's just an older version. But we still need to find and restore the latest one.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:38:54 PM

Code:

Will it create the fork coin if I use the sources from the front page?? https://github.com/maxxine/TEK

This source will work fine on the correct chain, it's just an older version. But we still need to find and restore the latest one.

Thundertoe's repo works fine. If you would like more changes to be made just have thundertoe code them in for you. The work that got deleted was all my own, so its not like I destroyed anyone's hard work but my own. Anyways I would at least try to get the block signature so that it isn't commented out.  Good luck to you all, tek has a great code so continue to improve it!  PM me with any questions.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

Code:

Thundertoe's repo works fine. If you would like more changes to be made just have thundertoe code them in for you. The work that got deleted was all my own, so its not like I destroyed anyone's hard work but my own. Anyways I would at least try to get the block signature so that it isn't commented out.  Good luck to you all, tek has a great code so continue to improve it!  PM me with any questions.

What did you acheive by deleting the source code? Im guessing nothing but it does complicate things for people whp are actually in tek?

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:19:27 PM

What did you acheive by deleting the source code? Im guessing nothing but it does complicate things for people whp are actually in tek?

Nothing is more complicated, I just compiled the real source code (mine was just a working repo that would push major versions back to maxxine) and it works great. There was still work to be done with my repo before it was good for public consumption so I just took it down to avoid any confusion.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
noise23
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:52:18 PM

Nothing is more complicated, I just compiled the real source code (mine was just a working repo that would push major versions back to maxxine) and it works great. There was still work to be done with my repo before it was good for public consumption so I just took it down to avoid any confusion.

And now we don't even have the source for the latest windows build around.
Win wallet version is 1.2 , maxxine version is only 1.1
I understand you have some disagreements with thundertoe and of course you have the full right to delete your work but why hurt the community?

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 08:09:40 PM

Once Thundertoe give us his github address, I will just have to change the address in this command line and then we can add it on the OP. Thundertoe, what is you github address for TEK?

Woohoo! My first ever TEK stake! That was a long month Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:13:43 PM

Hey guys,
Just submitted a coin request at Poloniex. We'll see what happens.
armin22

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 09:50:26 PM

What is the difference between versions 1.1 & 1.2?

Just some extra beta-ish things presstab added....  but deleted.......

1.1 work fine, im running it perfectly.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:23:07 PM

Just some extra beta-ish things presstab added....  but deleted.......

Does thundertoe the dev that creates the tek thread ever post here?

fairly frequently.

I have the 1.2 source, if anyone needs it PM me. It has coin control and cool graphics, and it don't hang on initial sync. It's a cosmetic upgrade, as near as I can tell, but it's nice.

edit: presstab, taking it down was kind of a dick maneuver. I don't know what went down between you and thundertoe, but that ain't right.
armin22

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:13:41 PM

Just some extra beta-ish things presstab added....  but deleted.......

Does thundertoe the dev that creates the tek thread ever post here?

fairly frequently.

I have the 1.2 source, if anyone needs it PM me. It has coin control and cool graphics, and it don't hang on initial sync. It's a cosmetic upgrade, as near as I can tell, but it's nice.

edit: presstab, taking it down was kind of a dick maneuver. I don't know what went down between you and thundertoe, but that ain't right.

Thank god, youre a saviour, any way you can upload the source for public use and post the link? Ill get thundertoe to update the OP with the link and we can get David to help us with linux compiling hopefully Cheesy

Thanks again

calebwalker

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:56:13 PM

The price of tekcoin is still pretty good right now.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 04:33:43 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 04:52:22 AM by David Latapie

I've talked with presstab. What he told me is really concerning. But contrary to him, I believe TEK can be saved. Here's how:

- Should a "certain event" happen, don't panic sell. Remember this in the months to come.
- Sell 25% of your staking every month (this holds true to any high-PoS, not just TEK).
- Do whatever you can to get TEK get more widespread. The more widespread, the less sensible it will be to what I heard

And now for the good news:

There is new repo here: https://github.com/davidlatapie/TEK/

This is 1.1 with an addition from Presstab himself; he was kind enough to point me at some optimisation for the 1.1 code that makes it possible to sync from scratch. I tested, it works. Credit entirely goes to presstab with inspiration from Tranz.

I do have the 1.2 source (and could have created a 1.2.1 out of it), but by respect to presstab, I won't use it.

There is no binary for Windows or Mac. First because I don't have a Windows or a Mac and I don't know how to cross-compile. Second because hosting binaries on github costs money after a certain amount of downloads - of course, donation could change that but without donation I won't put binaries on the github. If someone is willing to host binaries, I'd be happy to point them - remember that binaries can be infected though, nothing beat compiling from source).
If you are using a Debian-based Linux (like Ubuntu), you can get get the wallet by just opening a terminal and pasting this like one line:
Code:
apt-get -y install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools && git clone git://github.com/davidlatapie/TEK/ && cd TEK && qmake-qt5 tekcoin-qt-linux.pro && make && ln -s ~/TEK/Tekcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TEK
This will install the necessary tools if needed then download and compile the wallet and finally creatre a link on your desktop (if you use a non-English Linux, change Desktop accordingly; if you use a non-Debian distro, change the package manager accordingly - yum for Red Hat, pacman for Arch...)

Instructions: https://github.com/davidlatapie/TEK/wiki

Finally, and this is very important: I am not a coder! I am the team leader for Mintcoin and a core member of Monero but I do not code. Softforking TEK is the closest to code I did so do not expect improvement on TEK from me anytime soon - that may happen, it is just not guaranteed.

My TEK address, both for tips/donations and because I believe any contributer to a coin should be transparant about how much he holds (of course, I could give someone else's address or have several wallets):
Code:
BpA8BgP9j4JDxQXRjTpzWESCABFHaKdwDv

(you can also open a qoinpro account free coins every day with not even a captcha to fill - just be sure sure to keep the affiliation link)

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
armin22

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:25:48 AM

I've talked with presstab. What he told me is really concerning. But contrary to him, I believe TEK can be saved. Here's how:

- Should a "certain event" happen, don't panic sell. Remember this in the months to come.
- Sell 25% of your staking every month (this holds true to any high-PoS, not just TEK).
- Do whatever you can to get TEK get more widespread. The more widespread, the less sensible it will be to what I heard

And now for the good news:

There is new repo here: https://github.com/davidlatapie/TEK/

This is 1.1 with an addition from Presstab himself; he was kind enough to point me at some optimisation for the 1.1 code that makes it possible to sync from scratch. I tested, it works. Credit entirely goes to presstab with inspiration from Tranz.

I do have the 1.2 source (and could have created a 1.2.1 out of it), but by respect to presstab, I won't use it.

There is no binary for Windows or Mac. First because I don't have a Windows or a Mac and I don't know how to cross-compile. Second because hosting binaries on github costs money after a certain amount of downloads - of course, donation could change that but without donation I won't put binaries on the github. If someone is willing to host binaries, I'd be happy to point them - remember that binaries can be infected though, nothing beat compiling from source).
If you are using a Debian-based Linux (like Ubuntu), you can get get the wallet by just opening a terminal and pasting this like one line:
Code:
apt-get -y install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools && git clone git://github.com/davidlatapie/TEK/ && cd TEK && qmake-qt5 tekcoin-qt-linux.pro && make && ln -s ~/TEK/Tekcoin-qt ~/Desktop/TEK
This will install the necessary tools if needed then download and compile the wallet and finally creatre a link on your desktop (if you use a non-English Linux, change Desktop accordingly; if you use a non-Debian distro, change the package manager accordingly - yum for Red Hat, pacman for Arch...)

Instructions: https://github.com/davidlatapie/TEK/wiki

Finally, and this is very important: I am not a coder! I am the team leader for Mintcoin and a core member of Monero but I do not code. Softforking TEK is the closest to code I did so do not expect improvement on TEK from me anytime soon - that may happen, it is just not guaranteed.

My TEK address, both for tips/donations and because I believe any contributer to a coin should be transparant about how much he holds (of course, I could give someone else's address or have several wallets):
Code:
BpA8BgP9j4JDxQXRjTpzWESCABFHaKdwDv

(you can also open a qoinpro account free coins every day with not even a captcha to fill - just be sure sure to keep the affiliation link)

Thank you for your help. Nice to know we've got someone from 2 other successful coins helping.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:32:58 AM

presstab and thundertoe have both contacted me via pm. I'm not in the fight, but for the time being, I will respect presstab's wishes to not have the sources available. Should this get resolved, or the gentlemen in question release me, I'll put that offer back up. But for now, I guess we all wait and see. I HOPE that presstab will change his mind, cuz I like what he's done with it. I also don't see thundertoe as any sort of ogre. I like both men, at least so far as I've dealt with them. But my only real care about it is TEK.

Let's make it happen, and the sources that were put up should be adequate. There was no major problems with the old wallet, but the new one is a hell of a lot sexier Cheesy
raskul

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:40:02 AM

childish and petty, just gimme my super-stake and GTFO with this immature crap.
I want to know about the coin, not about the handbag fight. thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: