Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cazze

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 06:59:04 AM

childish and petty, just gimme my super-stake and GTFO with this immature crap.
I want to know about the coin, not about the handbag fight. thanks.

+1

All this trouble, removal of sources and other dev problems are very bad marketing for TEK! We can miss this bad publicity as hell for TEK! And in the end, TEK is what's it all about!

I like TEK, I appreciate the time the devs have putted in this beautiful coin, but please devs stop those ridiculous reactions or you will destroy more of TEK then you contributed to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:00:25 PM

I've talked with presstab. What he told me is really concerning. But contrary to him, I believe TEK can be saved. Here's how:

- Should a "certain event" happen, don't panic sell. Remember this in the months to come.
- Sell 25% of your staking every month (this holds true to any high-PoS, not just TEK).
- Do whatever you can to get TEK get more widespread. The more widespread, the less sensible it will be to what I heard

David,
I do appreciate what you bring to the table, but this kind of FUD without context is only harmful to the community and further promotion of the coin. If there is an imminent threat, we should be discussing it and possible solutions. All I can envision is a hard fork, not the end of the world, or a whale dumping their holdings, which would only create a buying opportunity for serious investors like myself. If there is some other imminent threat, please share it or refrain from such speculation. Also, if we want to get this coin on another exchange, like Poloniex, we need to avoid further bickering and affirm the developer. Just my opinion.
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:23:01 PM

I've talked with presstab. What he told me is really concerning. But contrary to him, I believe TEK can be saved. Here's how:

- Should a "certain event" happen, don't panic sell. Remember this in the months to come.
- Sell 25% of your staking every month (this holds true to any high-PoS, not just TEK).
- Do whatever you can to get TEK get more widespread. The more widespread, the less sensible it will be to what I heard

David,
I do appreciate what you bring to the table, but this kind of FUD without context is only harmful to the community and further promotion of the coin. If there is an imminent threat, we should be discussing it and possible solutions. All I can envision is a hard fork, not the end of the world, or a whale dumping their holdings, which would only create a buying opportunity for serious investors like myself. If there is some other imminent threat, please share it or refrain from such speculation. Also, if we want to get this coin on another exchange, like Poloniex, we need to avoid further bickering and affirm the developer. Just my opinion.

There is no problem with TEK. Coin runs just fine, wallet v1.1 is fine and up to date, actually there is a very little difference between v1.1 and v1.2
I talked with presstab too and there is nothing "really concerning". Please don't spread FUD, there is nothing to "save TEK" from.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:10:51 PM

I also don't see thundertoe as any sort of ogre. I like both men, at least so far as I've dealt with them. But my only real care about it is TEK.
I would appreciate public answer from thundertoe, more comprehensive than the last one. Reason for this is what we experience with Mintcoin at the moment. Don't give me a taste of déjà vu by playing the silent dev, thundertoe. I do not want you to say that someone is right or someone is wrong. I want to acknowledge the issue (and describe how you understand it) and state what you will do so that TEK (and TEK holders!) is in no danger. Simply said, showing you are still in the loop Smiley

People appreciate reactivity. Silence brings FUD.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:29:25 PM

First, if you just want your stake, why do you come posting to this forum? Just leave your wallet open 24/7 for compounding. You don't even need to know bitcointalk exists.

Second, a coin is a trust thing. People must be confident in the coin or they'll leave. The devs are part of the coin. If there is a doubt about the devs, there is a doubt about the coin. If there is doubt about the coin, people will sell (probably by dumping, because most people just panic sell in this case instead of gradually leaving a position like tokyoghetto explains) and if people sell fast, the price crumbles and potential buyers lose confidence (only a minority will "buy cheap"). Then the price enters a death spiral à la Novacoin.

And you super-stake 40% of shit.

So, this is still childish and petty immature crap in your book?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:33:24 PM

First, if you just want your stake, why do you come posting to this forum? Just leave your wallet open 24/7 for compounding. You don't even need to know bitcointalk exists.

Second, a coin is a trust thing. People must be confident in the coin or they'll leave. The devs are part of the coin. If there is a doubt about the devs, there is a doubt about the coin. If there is doubt about the coin, people will sell (probably by dumping, because most people just panic sell in this case instead of gradually leaving a position like tokyoghetto explains) and if people sell fast, the price crumbles and potential buyers lose confidence (only a minority will "buy cheap"). Then the price enters a death spiral à la Novacoin.

And you super-stake 40% of shit.

So, this is still childish and petty immature crap in your book?

yes, it is. why are you even responding to me? your continued FUD is totally irrelevant. thank you.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

No imminent thread, especially if my suggestions are followed. I purposefully did not give any name because I don't want to damage when not necessary. Still, if enough people ask for it, I will reveal what I know - but reavealing could damage some person and I prefer to avoid it, especially considering the said person could very well take the necessary measures to fix the issue - and they would more willing to do so if I do not damage them first Smiley.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:34:35 PM

yes, it is. why are you even responding to me?
Why are you even posting on the forum?

raskul

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

yes, it is. why are you even responding to me?
Why are you even posting on the forum?

it's a community to which I frequent.
Don't be a dick-wad all your life mate. Get some fucking manners or get the fuck right away from me. I see right through your absent-minded bile.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 01:38:32 PM

Don't be a dick-wad all your life mate. Get some fucking manners or get the fuck right away from me. I see right through your absent-minded bile.
So start by stoppind insulting people: dick-wad, fucking, fuck, absent-minded.

This will be my last answer to you and to be sure it will stay that way, I will just put you on ignore list (you can still PM if you want to tell me something constructive).

raskul

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:41:02 PM

So start by stoppind insulting people: dick-wad, fucking, fuck, absent-minded.

that you are; you knob-head. if you have nothing constructive to put into the thread except FUD, please - do one.
I have no obligation to remaining polite to one such as yourself, you are simply here to spread FUD and you are an open book.
would you like to continue this? perhaps you enjoy the abuse, please continue quoting me for more. Gimp.

noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:43:22 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 01:55:21 PM by noise23

I also don't see thundertoe as any sort of ogre. I like both men, at least so far as I've dealt with them. But my only real care about it is TEK.
I would appreciate public answer from thundertoe, more comprehensive than the last one. Reason for this is what we experience with Mintcoin at the moment. Don't give me a taste of déjà vu by playing the silent dev, thundertoe. I do not want you to say that someone is right or someone is wrong. I want to acknowledge the issue (and describe how you understand it) and state what you will do so that TEK (and TEK holders!) is in no danger. Simply said, showing you are still in the loop Smiley

People appreciate reactivity. Silence brings FUD.

Again, please stop spreading FUD out of nothing! sorry but it's you who bring FUD here, not silence.

presstab get angry at thundertoe and deleted his repo with some minor wallet improvements - that's all what happened concerning TEK.
why you keep posting nonsence about "saving TEK", "certain event",  etc.? TEK is fine, stop the FUD.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:52:50 PM

All your gibberish here does not affect TEK itself in any way, it is working just fine, don't you see it? That is what makes cryptocoins absolutely kickass innovation
and it would be great if you guys stop with accusations and other stuff. Dev gonne? Someone else will pick the role. If not, TEK itself won't give a damn anyway.

You are putting too much significance into part of the system that is supposed to be replaceable at all times without affecting the rest of system significantly.

Celebrity mindset is one of the major threats to cryptocoin scene, snap out of it!

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 02:39:44 PM

All I know is, if there are any major updates that TEK needs done I can help sort them out.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:40:41 PM

1 : Tek is FINE! We dont need no fucking hard fork or any of that fancy shit.

2 : Thundertoe has been busy lately, hes not gone.

3 : Thundertoe started HBN, so calm down, and he also has his real identity out there, none of that scamming crap is gonna happen.

4 : Stop bickering, it makes us look bad.

5 : Version 1.1 works fine as previously mentioned, 1.2 is just cosmetic modifications.

P.S. David what are you talking about? TEK is working fine so theres no need to "save" it, this is insulting to us.

armin22

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:41:29 PM

All I know is, if there are any major updates that TEK needs done I can help sort them out.

Hello, ive heard of you, What major updates are you talking about??

armin22

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:06:57 PM

Is tek still worth buying and holding?

Yes

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:12:43 PM

Thank you,

and the Franko collective for being an amazing resource the crypto community.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

I had a long day 5 hours, at the dentist yesterday and made it home late.  i would like to keep things constructive on the thread, the bumps are nice though.

TEK is in good hands of trusted crypto community members.

If there are any specific issues that need to be addressed then lets fix them.

Right now promotion has been mostly my personal focus for TEK, its what I can do to help. we have a page translated into Chinese and would like to start building into a QQ(IM program like skype) chat channel, if anyone has skill or can help in that area would be great. I have another deal with a promotion team i am working on, and am always looking for any new ideas and input.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:34:39 PM

Is tek still worth buying and holding?

Yes

So I just buy the coins and send them to the wallet and it mines?

After the coins deposit in your wallet you can turn the wallet off for the next 30 days if you want.  After 30 days pass if the coins have not moved they will start mining. it may take a couple of days to get the 40% payment, don't worry if it does it will adjust the amount to compensate for the extra days wait if that happens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: