Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446018 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:34:22 PM

Question Ref: Staking.

How often do I need to open the TEK wallet in order to get the 30 day staking? Can I for example open it once every 30 days? Or do I need to open it more often than that?

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:07:08 AM

How often do I need to open the TEK wallet in order to get the 30 day staking? Can I for example open it once every 30 days? Or do I need to open it more often than that?

Thank you

You can wait with the wallet off until the coins are 30 days old, then you will need to keep it open and online while it works to mint the stake interest. It may take a few days for the stake to mint, It will pay you extra Tek for the added days. Larger blocks will mint a little quicker, a very small block may take a few extra days.
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:19:33 AM

we need some volume on both sides ask and bid

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Crypto_Enthusiast

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

Thank you

You can wait with the wallet off until the coins are 30 days old, then you will need to keep it open and online while it works to mint the stake interest. It may take a few days for the stake to mint, It will pay you extra Tek for the added days. Larger blocks will mint a little quicker, a very small block may take a few extra days.

Thank you for explaining  Smiley
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:31:02 AM

TEKcoin breaks Half a million dollar market cap! #48  TEKcoin $ 502,300 $ 0.415754 1,208,167 TEK http://coinmarketcap.com
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

I run a pool and haven't ever seen any stake in my pools TEK wallet, is there some secret to enabling staking or isn't it supported in the command line wallet?

My other theory is coins sent for mining payments are the 'oldest' in the wallet so I never have any of the same coins there for over 30 days. I've always got a balance in the wallet, i.e. its never empty so should I technically be receiving stake or not?

I don't have an official answer, but I would guess that you don't have coins in long enough. It takes a bit over 30 days. As far as I know, there's no "secret" method nor anything that requires the QT wallet, but if you don't see it as a security risk, you might try running QT instead of the daemon, just set up as a server. It's coin control features will allow you to set the priority on coins and only spend the newest mined or minted coins. This is probably doable from the command line as well, but I have no idea how Tongue I know the coin control is either the same or very similar to hobonickels, so you might check their wiki. Also, if I understand it correctly, the wallet has to be unlocked for it to stake. Which might pose a problem for a pool.

In a far less dynamic environment, I have gotten stakes from both the older wallet prior to presstab and Tranz becoming involved, and the new one. QT in both cases, so I don't know if that applies or not. I do know that the staking algorithms work.

My TEK pools been running for at least 4 months, always had a decent balance in the wallet so can only assume the coins are randomly chosen but end up with a full turn over before 30 days. Might be time to go with a hot/cold wallet concept for TEK to earn stake on these coins, unfortunately QT isn't an option as its a command line server.

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:24:35 AM

we need some volume on both sides ask and bid

Bid is thin cuz it gets done. I had to push it through .0007 to buy more than a fraction. People want this coin, and those that have don't let it go easily. I'm with 'em on that, but it makes it expensive to build up Tongue I need a few thousand more to make my goal, so hopefully somebody panics next time I have some BTC Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:29:21 AM

I run a pool and haven't ever seen any stake in my pools TEK wallet, is there some secret to enabling staking or isn't it supported in the command line wallet?

My other theory is coins sent for mining payments are the 'oldest' in the wallet so I never have any of the same coins there for over 30 days. I've always got a balance in the wallet, i.e. its never empty so should I technically be receiving stake or not?

I don't have an official answer, but I would guess that you don't have coins in long enough. It takes a bit over 30 days. As far as I know, there's no "secret" method nor anything that requires the QT wallet, but if you don't see it as a security risk, you might try running QT instead of the daemon, just set up as a server. It's coin control features will allow you to set the priority on coins and only spend the newest mined or minted coins. This is probably doable from the command line as well, but I have no idea how Tongue I know the coin control is either the same or very similar to hobonickels, so you might check their wiki. Also, if I understand it correctly, the wallet has to be unlocked for it to stake. Which might pose a problem for a pool.

In a far less dynamic environment, I have gotten stakes from both the older wallet prior to presstab and Tranz becoming involved, and the new one. QT in both cases, so I don't know if that applies or not. I do know that the staking algorithms work.

My TEK pools been running for at least 4 months, always had a decent balance in the wallet so can only assume the coins are randomly chosen but end up with a full turn over before 30 days. Might be time to go with a hot/cold wallet concept for TEK to earn stake on these coins, unfortunately QT isn't an option as its a command line server.
I figured that might be the case. I don't think the daemon has coin control, either. I'm not sure of that. With the QT, if you have coin control enabled, it defaults to spending the lowest weighted coins, and you can manually choose which blocks to spend from. So, yeah, if it were me, I'd take the majority out of the hot wallet and stake 'em in a QT wallet. Spend out to the pool as needed.

Speaking of which, I'm probably going to point a gridseed your way soon Cheesy Never could get my AMT/TECHNOBIT to work right with your pool, and I don't know why. Others did, so it had to be something specific to my machine. Yours wasn't the only pool it hated either. But my gridseed don't seem to care, so I'll try again with it. I shall begin the predation of your hobonickels very soon!
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:38:10 AM

I figured that might be the case. I don't think the daemon has coin control, either. I'm not sure of that. With the QT, if you have coin control enabled, it defaults to spending the lowest weighted coins, and you can manually choose which blocks to spend from. So, yeah, if it were me, I'd take the majority out of the hot wallet and stake 'em in a QT wallet. Spend out to the pool as needed.

Speaking of which, I'm probably going to point a gridseed your way soon Cheesy Never could get my AMT/TECHNOBIT to work right with your pool, and I don't know why. Others did, so it had to be something specific to my machine. Yours wasn't the only pool it hated either. But my gridseed don't seem to care, so I'll try again with it. I shall begin the predation of your hobonickels very soon!

If you send them to a cold wallet, yoiu can manage this cold wallet with qt on any computer, stake it as needed, send back to hot wallet using coin control as needed.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
cazze

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:26:28 AM

@Poolowners

Does TEK has a pool where the minimum difficulty is 32 or where you can manually set the difficulty?
walkdev

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:23:15 AM

So, with TEK, I understand that opening the wallet will bring in the interest blocks against the coins you hold that are over 30 days old...

Are there any types of coins in the wallet that do NOT attract interest? Or does the interest apply globally to anything that's in there, as long as it's been there for more than 30 days?
axsdf

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:26:12 AM

Why not give some coin away for the coin lover so that we can do something nice for it . Cry
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:05:21 PM

Why not give some coin away for the coin lover so that we can do something nice for it . Cry

giveaways devalue coins. stop begging.  Tongue

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
bmwn55tuner

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:51:18 PM

My wallet windows version will not sync. When I open it it says not connection for a while then if it does get a connect it does not start to sync. I have a transfer waiting to show up but not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:35:23 PM

My wallet windows version will not sync. When I open it it says not connection for a while then if it does get a connect it does not start to sync. I have a transfer waiting to show up but not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok. First make sure you have the latest stable version (1.1). Then, try closing it and reopening it about five times. If it's still not synching, go to users\yourusername\appdata\roaming\tekcoin and delete everything but the wallet.dat file. restart it and let it sync.

I don't know how experienced a windows user you are, so don't be insulted Cheesy appdata is a hidden file. If you can't see it, go to folder options, view, and check show hidden files.

Before doing ANY of the above, make a copy of your wallet.dat file in a safe place.

Hope it helps!
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

Here's my wallet.exe

Version : 1.2

https://mega(dot)co(dot)nz/#!0d4STbQT!OIHHJjjX1XmgP2LnUQbVl9h5Rtpk6MnnZiMVCyP-EJE

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:26:58 PM

here is a older write up about how pos coins work. some good info.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/700-proof-of-stake-explained-rough-draft/
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:15:09 PM

tekcoinrocks

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:45:04 PM

https://www.cryptsy.com/currencies/view/85

The link above on Cryptsy has many details about TEKcoin that are outdated.

The photo is old, some of the links are incorrect, and little details here and there.  Maybe a link to these forums could be added?

Coinwarz.com updated the image fast when ThunderToe Lighting struck up an email so I was hoping the same here  Cheesy

Also, real quick...  I was wondering if sending all the coins in my wallet to myself would help organize my staking?

I was worried that if I sent all my coins to one of my own addresses, then the coins age would reset and I'd would have to wait 30 days from the transaction
to stake again ( I know silly question  Lips sealed )

Thanks!!

TEKcoin 2 DA MOOOOOOON!!!
dickwhite

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:25:46 AM

Also, real quick...  I was wondering if sending all the coins in my wallet to myself would help organize my staking?

I was worried that if I sent all my coins to one of my own addresses, then the coins age would reset and I'd would have to wait 30 days from the transaction
to stake again ( I know silly question  Lips sealed )

Thanks!!

TEKcoin 2 DA MOOOOOOON!!!

Apparently, any time you send coins the age resets. Use coin control to aggregate the youngest. Be aware: Staking can sometimes produce an orphan block regardless of its size. Smaller blocks reduces the number of coins lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: