Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1973 times)
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:37:21 AM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
big No bitcoin is not owning a gut bitcoin is owning a money for us and also bitcoin is a great crypto currency to give a chance in everyone life to be well and better.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:47:02 AM

No, because bitcoin has been made for everyone and every persons has a different personality I think it depends on a person how do they used their bitcoin but for sure some of the users want to earn money that's why they enter to the bitcoin world and the other used bitcoin for their evil doing like selling drugs, scamming people and etc. but owning bitcoin is not crime.
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:52:54 AM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal
You have a point. I think bitcoin is not illegal because it isn't against the law. It is also not for negative purposes or transaction. And it is open for all, for those who want to engage in this business.
Aeneous

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:11:01 AM

No owning bitcoin is not a crime. You cannot get arrested for owning or using bitcoin. There is no law against it. You can rest easy.
Dejech19

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:47:29 AM

I dont think owning btc is a crime,Is owning your fruits of hard work is a crime?I dont think so,no has the right to compare my btc owning in a crime because I work hard to gain it sleepless nights and pateint in waiting are me tools to have my coins.So owning btc cant never be compared in a crime.For my own oppinion.
deddod

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:49:43 AM

I think owning Bitcoin isn't a crime. because Bitcoin is payment tools isn't a drug.
crime or not of Bitcoin depends on the person who uses it.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

selezneve

Activity: 132
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:24:51 AM

Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.

Completely agree. Cash and banks are also used by criminals and corrupt people. In fact, they must be having more money in banks that normal working people with jobs or small businesses. Will you stop touching cash as well. I was reading a thread here were a news was reported that some university is doing research and will reveal the source of coins in wallets of all people and how many have coins which are hacked. Waste of time in my opinion.
burnchan

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:59:53 PM

Owning bitcoin is not a crime because it is not stated on the Law. But I agree that bitcoin can be used for money laundering. However, this also happened to fiat. Thus, this issue is not a new scenario. Even owning a gun isn't illegal as long as we comply what is required by the government and we used it in a proper way. So basically let's not blame it to Bitcoin, we should take responsibility in using these blessing and resources.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:02:08 PM

Is owning bitcoin a crime?

Is owning some password a crime?

Evangeline2

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:15:02 PM

The BTC in Japan and Korea is legal and protected by law, but the BTC in China is not recognized by the government.

Dinomoves

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:20:51 PM

Owning bitcoin is not a crime, there is no any ordinance or law against it, But it is a crime when bitcoin user make use of it in illegal ways like scamming.

♦ taucoin.io       │       THE ACTIVE UNIT       │       taucoin.io ♦
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:22:43 PM

If it was ilegal, don't you think that you would be on jail right now?

Please little boy, think before talking.

Anyway, if you sell drugs, or something ilegal, it is obvious that you are gonna be on jail if you use bitcoin for doing such things.

sangungaji

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:24:30 PM

No, I think owning bitcoin is a currency trader. maybe
BETAWI

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:26:10 PM

Today in.my country, Indonesia; people can become btc owner. People and private entity, private organization or private company can do transaction using btc. People can invest in btc and join any kind of btc activities.The central bank as monetary authority only declared that bitcoin was not a legal payment instrument. People must be responsible themselves upon all risks that may incurred in their involving in bitcoin.So it is not a crime.
safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:33:02 PM

Bitcoin is the currency of crypto and bitcoin is not a medicine, so bitcoin ownership is not a crime. Bitcoin is like real money, and it's not true to say it's a crime.
Nachoo

Activity: 194

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 02:36:09 PM

It's not. You have no power about what people will do when you buy Bitcoin from them. A lot of banks are financing gun industries with money that comes from their investors, is that also a crime? No, of  course. It's just an ethical problem, you can't do anything, just relax and enjoy your coins
rybako

Activity: 80
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:39:48 PM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal

You gave a good example. I remember writing similar thing about science in the past. It is both good and bad depending on how the user is using it. Same applies to bitcoins, it is also used by good and bad people.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 02:51:05 PM

This is absurd, how ignorant and reckless this news can be, it is clear that it is just part of the FUDs who are spreading malicious write ups to make people distrust bitcoin, bitcoin has so many opportunity to offer, many potentials and there are so many things you can do because of its anonymity and being digital, honestly, bitcoin can be useful to criminals because of anonymity of bitcoin transactions, but to directly connect bitcoin as owning a gun, is too much. Let us look at dollar, you can buy guns using different kinds of fiats, does it mean owning dollar and other fiats is a crime?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
xhoondilan

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:03:27 PM

I don't think that having a bitcoin is a crime but if you use bitcoin in illegal purposes then it would be a big crime your entering at, everything that value can be good or bad depends on how you use it, because having something especially bitcoin is not bad if you use it for good.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:05:40 PM

Holding or owning bitcoin is not a crime but if your country has declared it illegal and does not support bitcoins, then it can be a trouble for you if they detect you posses bitcoins. Although you can save bitcoin on wallets and exchanges, yet you need to be careful not  to convert them to fiat in a illegally declared bitcoin country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: