Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:19:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1973 times)
Suffoc8

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:01:07 AM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
If you are in my country, holding bitcoin is not illegal, but if you went to other countries like China which the government ban the bitcoin in their country so it is illegal to hold bitcoin, like gun it is depends on the rules and laws of the countries.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X          [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
northcoin2018

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:01:54 AM

I dont think so. Bitcoin is a leaverage an opportunity. Others meay sees it as a threat to thr general economy because they are profitting more on fiat money so they made up negative comments to bring down bitcoin but they can never brinng bitcoin down..
Topek3

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:05:01 AM

No

/thread

No bitcoin owner wants to solve the financial problem of other people . The bitcoin owner is so smart .
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:40:44 AM

Not it is not as crime as pong as your country supports bitcoins because there are some country that banned bitcoins and i do not know why they banned it in their country. So if you are in that country i think that is in china and if you are in that country you will really gonna end up illegal. But uf you are living in a free country like america and japan they are pretty much accepting bitcoins with all of their hearts and the government are not afraid on the bitcoins.
mkhadazz

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:49:03 AM

I think if bitcoin is used as a weapon in kanada it makes badco image worse because it is used for bad thing but if it is used for it I think bitcoin is not forbidden because bitcoin use to my knowledge is free to use for anything, if done for the crime in my opinion it depending on who uses it.
NNMT

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:59:12 AM

I think the possession of bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a valuable asset to be used, owned and purchased. If you use bitcoin for criminal purposes like, money laundering, using bitcoin for terrorist purposes, that's a crime.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:59:47 AM

BITCOIN IS LIKE KNIFE, WHERE CAN HELP HELP EMPLOYMENT SOMEBODY SO ALSO OTHER EVEN CAN TAKE IT OWNER, ITS INTERNALLY EVERYTHING CAN BE USE SO ALWAYS, IT WAS ALL RETURNING TO US AS IT USERS
ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:07:34 AM

No it is definitely not a crime. It is being used for illegal activies fine, we can't deny the fact that Bitcoins features and benefits are really great that even the bad people are utilizing it. Being used as a tool on an illegal activity doesn't make Bitcoin bad, more so all the other users or holder of Bitcoin because that is not the only reason or purpose of it. It has good purpose as well, so good that it has helped a lot of people to have a better financial life. It is not Bitcoin but the people using it, are the one responsible for the actions or activities they will do while utilizing and maximizing what Bitcoin has to ofer.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
Pier7

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:11:32 AM

How can holding a bitcoin considered a crime? Bitcoin is a digital currency and holding your own money can never be a crime. It is just an asset wherein you can gain profits from it. Some countries banned the usage of it but some countries made it legal. It really depends where you from.
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:14:07 AM

absolutely not, owning a bitcoin is definitely not a crime especially when you got your coin thru investment. though bitcoin is not accepted by most countries, i don't believe that owning one is illegal or even a crime. we gain bitcoins thru investment or as reward from participating in any bounty or thru trading which are not criminal activities.

GeckoTrader

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:18:04 AM

Absolutely NO, bitcoin is one of the best investment now a days. It helps a lot to solve problems in this world. Your question is just like " Is owning money a crime?" In that case it will depend on where you use bitcoin, If you will use it with illegal things then it is somewhat bitcoin will have a negative image.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:25:50 AM

I don't think so. I own bitcoins but I don't deem it illegal to own bitcoins. Bitcoins will always be free and always be the best thing to own if you're investing in the digital currency. But I don't think bitcoins will ever be likened to guns and will be illegal to own.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:36:13 AM
Merited by McKane (4)

Owning BTC isn't crime since it is only an advanced cash. Then again BTC can be use for carry out a crime. You can buy whatever you need absolutely anonymously. Nobody can follow from where BTC come and this is your cash. Until further notice for the most part nations permit to having BTC.
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:17:23 AM

Well bitcoin maybe a crime to other people that are sensitive when it comes to immoral things though we know that bitcoin is not an immoral investment but seeing to it how bitcoin works might other people that are sensitive to consider that it is a crime. Anyway bitcoin is good form of investment. Many people are happy being introduced by it and i think most of the investors are earning huge profit. And most of us do not think that bitcoin is a crime. How come it will be a crime when are taking so much advantage on it. This is one of a kind and unique of investment. Hopefully that many of the investors now will come to invest so as to let the bitcoin market price get higher.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:21:56 AM

there are many very dramatic rumors to drop the value of bitcoin. yes, whatever the story of any reason at its core all to destroy the development of bitcoin. as happened on this news. I am not sure about the truth, because there are some ico that are currently running with the developers from Canada

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:29:34 AM

Depends on what country you live in. Simply owning a bitcoin is not illegal, but using it to buy drugs and weapons will probably land you in prison. This is no different to fiat cash, depends on what you do with it. Owning a bitcoin makes you lucky!
Paka1

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 07:34:32 AM

Owning bitcoin is definitely not a crime. If you are using bitcoin in good conduct, like just for some investments and paying your transactionsonline then we cannot say that it of illegal acts. But if you are using bitcoin to take advantage of the people like those money laundering,  scam and such things then you are committing criminal offense that is punishable by law. 
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:09:59 AM

that's true...in some countries the goverment really made a rules that owning bitcoin is ilegal and punishable by prison sentence...but there are only 2-3 countries in this world
money1122

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:14:53 AM

It depend on the country. For example, in Russia owning bitcoin is not a crime, but if you try to pay in bitcoins this is a serious crime. If you change BTC for fiat and do not pay taxes - this is a crime.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:21:41 AM

Owning bitcoin would only be a crime if you got it from illegal activities/doings. But owning bitcoin alone and buying it as an investment is not a crime but rather an asset/investment. Bitcoin is not really accepted in other countries, this is one of the reasons why they think it is illegal. Also their are no laws regarding crypto currencies which are some people basis to consider it to be legal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: