Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:44:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1973 times)
linshuhow

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:24:26 AM

I don't understand how holding it is a crime?
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:31:05 AM

Why investing is a crime? Everyone who is against Bitcoin is in a relationship of interest.
Cheap and fast money transfer is an important point for all humanity. Banks and governments are trying to ban bitcoin for their own benefit.
That's why they show Bitcoin as a crime. There are people who illegally use Bitcoin. Such people are making a bad perception.
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:37:49 AM

No its not a criminal offence to own bitcoin as long as you are having it an a Bitcoin Friendly country.There are countries tha have illegalized Bitcoins due to their personal reasons, other than These countries, one is free to own BTC
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:38:50 AM

Why should it be a crime to own bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency? They are just a few countrys and gouverments who banned bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. The most law are not safe what bitcoin is and how to handle. But i think when you pay the right tax for it, you should be on the save side. If you dont pay the tax for it, there will be some ilegal action where your goucerment could atone for. So dont try to tax evasion, or you will pay a much higher price.
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:45:12 AM

Nope. Not unless it is banned by your government and is punishable by law, then it would be illegal. But eventhough it was not supported by your government as long as it is not banned in your country, then there's nothing to worry about.

dominional

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 11:52:13 AM

Not at all,  bitcoin is not a crime is internet legal and is following  due process not doing it the way they want but following due process.  It is not a crime. It is a process not a crime stall.

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
tyas pur

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:56:57 AM

Does having Bitcoin is a form of crime?
I do not think so.
Bitcoin is similar to paper money, but Bitcoin is digital (not visible) whereas paper currency is tangible.
If Bitcoin is acquired in such a bad way as doing Hack, cheating, it is a crime.
But if you get Bitcoin by following the Program Bounty, Airdrops, Investment, Trading I think it is not a crime.
redhorsebeer1980

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:03:22 PM

It is not a crime owning a bitcoin so I think bitcoin cannot be used as illegal money.This is the new method of payment so I think bitcoin has not been used as illegal.Holding bitcoins is not illegal.It depends on the person holding the bitcoin.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:12:42 PM

Owning a bitcoin is not a crime if we are not using it for wrong purpose.Owing it can only be crime if bitcoin profit is used as illegal money.If it is not governed by government or and central authority that does not mean that it is crime to use bitcoin.If used for good purpose with positive attitude without creating any problem for an indivisual or goverment then you cannot consider bitcoin as crime.It depends how an indivual deal with bitcoin.But if your government had banned the use of bitcoin in your country and you are still using it then definately it is a crime.
ericmalik

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:28:48 PM

well, having bitcoin is not a crime because it does not harm humans also it generates income for the unemployed and finally bitcoin is useful for everyone to get more capital.
Rarahumaira

Activity: 114

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:32:45 PM

I do not think if anyone uses bitcoin to commit a crime i'm sure you are not a criminal. Think of the bitcoin as money. And we can see a lot of people use the money to build an illegal building. Are you a criminal too? certainly not.
baho11

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:03:59 PM

Having  or owning a bitcoin is a pleasure its not a crime . Committing a crime  like murder , having an illegal gun , committing violation from the rules .
Tusher1234

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:29:15 PM

No.Owning bitcoin is not crime.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:34:40 PM

Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.
Exactly if the government of the country of your domicile permits you to transact in bitcoin and other crypto coins, then who says it is a crime. And generally for the countries where the position of the bitcoin is not clear regarding its legality and other considerable factors, holding and transacting in bitcoin is not a crime unless a direct ban has been imposed by the government of your country, which I think rarely any country has done. There are many ongoing issues regarding bitcoin going on in various countries, but still the members of the bitcoin community continue to use bitcoin and hold it as an investment. But yes if you are specifically talking about the criminal activities that are being carried on by the use of the bitcoin, then you are a criminal. But in fact these criminal acts can also be carried on by the use of fiat...so that's not  a big deal!
lelylely

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:41:29 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

Having bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a crypto currency that can be used for online transactions, and it's like having fiat currency in real life. Bitcoin is not a weapon to kill people, but bitcoin is a crypto currency that has many benefits, whether bitcoin is seen as a crime, I think not.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:42:49 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

I don't think so. Bitcoins have brought more good than harm as compared to owning a gun that might kill someone. But it really all depends on which country you live in. Some countries ban mining while others ban owning bitcoins. Worst case might be death when found guilty.

motionerror

Activity: 76
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:00:10 PM

No

/thread

This.
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:01:57 PM

Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.

Of course not. Why will it be a crime? Only those people who are skeptic about bitcoin thinks so. Even those who don't believe to what bitcoin can do. They have been close minded to innovations that bitcoin can bring to our society.
gwopr

Activity: 296

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:45:51 PM

unfortunately, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies really began to be used for these purposes.I think that the legalization of cryptocurrencies in all countries will help to avoid this
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

In the beginning, I also had such question.
Recently, tax office in my country gave clear instructions how to report profit from bitcoin and other crypto currencies.
So, we have legal regulation now.
Of course, still is possible that criminals can use bitcoin for their own purpose but at least we don't need to hide our bitcoin income any more.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: