Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:58:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1973 times)
tmpwhore

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:03:12 PM

I also noticed this trend and unfortunately to notice that all of this hard saying.I hope that it sometime will be governed by the law and no crime will not be
GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:03:24 PM

It always depends on the user of course, when I was new here I also hear that humor but the more you will stay here in forum. You will realized that true essence of it. Our life also owned by us so do what you want and mind your own business either it good or bad.

groomsxxx

Activity: 203

Get Up To 100% Your Profit Every Day. Really

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:19:57 PM

I'm sorry bitcoin in General can now be tied to crime.I was hoping that this area will be free from crime completely and will look clean

Join and get up to 100% your profit every day  with Constantinople Ethereum Plus. www.constantinople.site
chirst adam94

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:24:07 PM

Bitcoin is another way of making money for other people, they find success in bitcoin and they don't hurt anybody here. Unless they are scammers read clearly
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

No,  there is no criminal offense or any illegal activity in owning a bitcoin. 
The comoany of bircoin performs in a good faith wherein all things are good and under the jurisdiction of the law,  so nothing to worry about because bitcoin is a legal thing that supported by the national government.
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:22:14 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

No laws yet says that having bitcoin is against the law (at least here in my country) Government only warns us about possible danger when transacting with bitcoin exchanges.

cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:23:14 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh

No, how it can be a crime? If you only holding it. Just like what other said there is no criminal offense or any illegal activity in owning a bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for making our life better it's just like a job but in bitcoin you earn but you need to wait for a long time.
TamTrang

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:36:19 PM

I do not think so, owning Bitcoin and having it is the wish of many is not the same as how many people think Bitcoin is dangerous. Do not learn do not work and think about it you can not understand. have Bitcoin and own a lot of Bitcoin money you will be the focus of the society it's positive rather than negative. I do not agree that possession of Bitcoin is a crime.
Minionnn

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:41:33 PM

Although some people use bitcoin for bad purposes, they use bitcoin to trade in weapons or certain banned substances but that does not mean the owner of the bitcoin is a criminal. It depends on each country's regulations on bitcoin.

Tabatadze

Activity: 92

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:48:48 PM

Bitcoin is a new currency that is virtual and most importantly private without any control of the Governments of the world. Though it is banned in some countries but it is freely running well in many countries. The technology behind this cryptocurrency is innovative and will stay for long period. But one thing can be said that owning bitcoin is not crime at all.
Galtica

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

I believe there are too many laws trying to govern bitcoin usage. When people realize that the government should not work with Bitcoin cause its not their currency there is already taxation of the currency through buying it. Either then that there should be no way to government regulate the currencies.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:53:11 PM

Not going to be a crime unless you are going to fool people to get their money thru bitcoin's name or if you arent going to use bitcoin to buy illegal stuffs in the deepweb you wont get any crime charges.Bitcoin should be use as a currency but not a gateaway from the crimes that we might faced using the fiat currencies.

Dovie

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:55:33 PM

No owning bitcoin is not a crime but if you used bitcoin to buy a weapon it is a crime you need to do is not to use it at any bad transaction like other peope do.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:56:19 PM

I think that owning Bitcoin is not a crime. Bitcoin is a new kind of payment system. With no help from any bank or government system, we can make payments to anyone. But some people are taking advantage of this thing to take illegal use. Some countries have put people using Bitcoin in the list of crime. But soon this problem will be solved

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
Jupeter

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:04:33 PM

Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.

It's like you said that having money is a crime. If bitcoin is a crime the world should banned it but as you see now it is not because it is not a crime. I don't want to elaborate my answer so much. You should understand  everything by now

Odelkaleng

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

I do not think it's a crime to have bitcoin. Because to have a bitcoin we just have to spend money or effort. So it has bitcoin like having a personal property, which should instead be protected by the rules.
ZAYANDI

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:40:17 PM

NO, this is definitely not a crime.bitcoin is not a crime if you only use it for legal purposes. I do not believe we humans always make a way to make things worst. Having bitcoin is not a crime and bitcoin is not criminal and actually bitcoin can be helpful for those who use it and make life better because it can help in economy and finance. I disagree with them which has bitcoin in say crime There is no law stating that obtaining and having bitcoin is a crime.
wasaisi

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:42:58 PM

That means this forum is full of hardcore criminals. Because many bitcoin searchers here and many also have bitcoin in this forum. It's a strange thing to have a bitcoin criminal. Although some people use bitcoin for bad purposes and it can be said that's why bitcoin is used by criminals.
missyqt29

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:47:30 PM

Different countries/places means they have different people, different governments, different views and different ways to react from a social issue. Cryptocurrency happens to have fans, critiques, and haters. So if your government decides to ban it yet you still want this career with crypto, then you should give it all by migrating to a more friendly country. And I also want to point out than bitcoin is money, not fire arms.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:50:54 PM

Owning or holding bitcoin in itself is not a crime just as you won money. Whatever you do with your money or Bitcoin tells your legality status. Trading bitcoin for hard drugs makes the act illegal but not Bitcoin itself. Bitcoin is just like any currency serving as a medium of exchange between parties involved.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: