Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC at end of bounty campaign  (Read 3296 times)
newegggo

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:43:44 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?
You are definitely right that participants should be told whether KYC is needed at the beginning of the campaign.
I was pissed off when the bounty manager asked for our KYC at the end of a campaign, but I had to do it.

angrybird3591

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:52:13 AM

I also don't participant any bounty with KYC end of bounty.I think it don't need for bounty program, and bounty manager is a scam, because all effort of member will lost
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:57:15 AM

KYC is part of the investment, because with every ico the investors were distributed with the respective tokens before the bounty distribution. In this investors need to fulfill the KYC to receive the tokens and the same is asked with very few bounty participants. Majority of the bounty distribution doesn't request for KYC.
KXC247

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 07:57:30 AM

It is sometimes very painful. There is always a likelihood that your KYC will be rejected. Sometimes the same document that got accepted by one, will be the same one that gets rejected by another. To me, if am to participate in a bounty that requires a KYC, they should do it even before we start the bounty, so we wont be working in vain.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:01:57 AM

What i really don't think many of you understand is that it isn't, in all likelihood, the bounty manager's fault.

If the campaign is run by a third party, or even if it is run internally by the ICO themselves, they were probably unaware that KYC was going to be needed when the bounty campaign launched.

I've spoken with many campaign managers who only found out (from their LAWYERS) very late into the ICO that KYC would be required.  

This has come about because the whole ICO industry is very young - rulings are being made by various governments and the ICOs are being forced to comply or risk being fined (or worse).

So if you don't like KYC, you will either have to stop doing bounties (if you don't want to put time in without knowing for certain) or simply accept that there's a likelihood (getting higher all the time) that KYC will be required and your time will have been wasted.
hunnykaushal

Activity: 448
Merit: 137

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:02:45 AM

It is always a good if company mention all rules before we start work but it's fine to change rules at end because they also have to full-fill all the legal things which they comes to know later.

And i think it is always mentioned on Bounty thread that bounty manager can change rules at anytime if necessary , so we have to keep these things in mind that they can introduce anything at any moment. So always get ready to move with changes.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:04:23 AM

What do you think about bounty campaigns that announce their KYC check at the end of the campaign? Many bounty hunters simply don't want to do that and the bounty managers or the ICO teams get free promotion for their projects.

Is this fair?

Every bounty thread should clearly state, wether there will be a KYC or not. We should ask the admins for changing the rules regarding this issue.

What do you think?

I agree with your point of view, but I would like to add, see the KYC process is a very good way out of the situation with multi-accounts and will positively impact the bounty of companies as bounty members often complain that they receive little, this procedure will solve this issue
Casalania

Activity: 491
Merit: 100

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:05:50 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?
at the end, even if we dont like kyc, we must apply for kyc to get the bounty, it is one of their requirements, if you dont do it, then you will not receive your bounty. it is for our own good to disqualify those people who uses multi accounts.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:11:59 AM

I do not have any problem with a KYC being required to take part in a Bounty campaign, and a lot of times this has been forced upon the project by regulators. It would be fairer however if this requirement is made clear when the campaign is started and give people the option to join or not.

Have seen instances of people using multiple ID in the past to get extra shares so if this also helps stop fraud it is a good thing.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Afiqa03

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:16:27 AM

I am of the opinion that the entry into force of KYC is a bit unfair, for the honest bounty hunter.
but....?? there is a positive side for dishonest gift hunters in work or about personal data.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:18:38 AM

This is another way of scam.I see some campaign managers announce KYC requirements at the end of campaign and this cause a lot of people cannot get paid.
Also Unpaid stakes are not being sent to other participants and they left to campaign managers.
Greedy managers choose this way.
aonfons

Activity: 217
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 08:22:55 AM

that is an idea or but with the people that the cheat, it is not too difficult. If the original that are the backup to the member and the post of the forum of the quality of better quality, the syodes from the start.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:23:58 AM

some legal and self-regulated coins are asking for KYC at the end of campaign i still feel safe in submitting identity some are nt trusth worthy in submitting KYC
If they ask the kyc then you must submit legally because that is the only way to get the bounties.

R9s

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:24:27 AM

This is obviously unfair. A bounty campaign should clearly define the rules at the beginning of the game, instead of changing the rules at the last moment. No one would like to contract with those who arbitrarily change the rules because they lack credibility. I suggest blacklisting ICOs and bounty managers who changed the rules at the last moment.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
kacakkipri

Activity: 350
Merit: 171

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:25:00 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

It's absolutely fair. There are people who make this job as a profession. they manage many accounts on their own. KYC is a good way to avoid such events.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:26:58 AM

If it will help to stop people trying to enter campaigns with multiple accounts and cheat others out of a fair share of the tokens then I think it is a good thing to have KYC.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:35:30 AM

Is this fair?

What do you think?

They do put the terms and conditions that the rules can change on sole discretion of campaign manager and ICO Team.
Many times, the bounty managers themselves are not sure about whether or not there will be a KYC requirement by end of the campaign and they get the news by the time campaign going to end.
In a way its fair, however, I would like to see a specific message on the bounty thread that KYC may be required by end of campaign.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:40:46 AM

The projects that are asking bounty hunters that did not invest  a dime to do KYC are only trying to cheat on the hunters by not paying them after their effort in promoting such projects. If KYC objective is to know the sources of fund to be invested why are they asking such from a promoter who is not investing a cent?
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 08:52:58 AM

I strongly support your view because I have experience this also in the past when I participated in Globitex bounty. without telling us they decided to change the rule at the end of token sales and they told all bounty hunters to submitt document for KYC. the most annoying thing is that one of the bounty manager on telegram asked some bounty hunter that got annoyed to indicate if they dont want the token again so that he can keep it. that was the most surprising thing I have ever seen. I strongly recommend bounty manager to always indicate if bounty will require kyc when they are stating rules for joining bounty campaign.
okaypool

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:04:01 AM

I'm not against the KYC, it would have been better if it had been warned in advance, and not later in the course of the company. Because you do not always keep track of all the news, and you can skip the moment when you need to do KYC, and just lose your tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: