Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:34:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to protect your altcoin  (Read 5530 times)
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:33:12 PM

It is nothing really safe in digital world, anything can be hack so be careful at any time with your holding and keys, I am protecting my holdings with just my private keys in myetherwallet and that's not 100% guaranteed that it will never be hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:37:29 PM

It is absolutely not safe to keep your coins in an exchange for such an extended time. In fact, it’s likely not safe to keep them there for the short term. The best way to protect altcoins is be your own bank i.e using hardware wallet such as ledger nano, trezor hardware wallet.
The chance that it will be hack is big, when a site is hack, there is no assurance that you will get a refund.
Better hold it with your own wallet that you own the private key, in my case since I have no hard wallet yet, I made sure I keep my private key on my MEW account.

FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:12:26 PM

One of the best ways to protect altcoins is to keep your software up to date. A wallet running on non-updated Altcoin software can be a soft target for hackers. The latest version of wallet software will have a better security system in place thereby increasing the safety of your Altcoins. If your software is updated with the latest security fixes and protocol, you may evade a big crisis because of the enhanced security of the wallet. Consistently update your mobile device or computer operating systems and software to make your Altcoin safer.
atomicgroup

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:21:12 PM

The concept of a multi-signature has gained some popularity; it involves an approval from a number of three to five peoples for a transaction to take place. Thus this limits the threat of theft as a single controller or server cannot carry out the transactions. The people who can transact are decided in the beginning and when one of them wants to spend or send altcoins they require others in the group to approve the transaction.

laracrofth

Activity: 374

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:21:37 PM

The only way to protect is a hardware wallet, use another notebook for crypto operations, separate from your usual one.

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:24:26 PM

Aside from a hardware wallet I would actually go with some of the better exchanges.  People might say this is a very bad idea given how they are compromised here and there, but your computer is way more likely to be compromised.  Especially given the exchanges which keep a significant amount of funds in their own cold storage system.

The least secure would be to leave them laying around your desktop..

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
AIRDROPSQUAD

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

PLAYHALL - SKILL GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:41:33 PM

What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?

Do you mean is protect from the security aspect right? I can say investing in hardware wallets such as Trezor and Nano ledger is the best option. But if you don't have that device right now, you have to be careful about your seed word or private key of your wallet. I just wanna inform you that last day Ian Ballina the big investors of ICOs just got hacked because he stored the private key in Evernote apps.

granchio

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:48:03 PM

I think being sure about the internet addreses is the most important one. So, if you are sure that the site name is correct, save it to boomarks.
izzy13

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:54:37 PM

take care of our private keys, IDs and other hints of our wallet. And after did some profitable selling, just make it to cash as soon as possible. Keep being ungreedy and not be decoyed by spams and phisings.
cabin

Activity: 604

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:10:28 PM

Hardware wallets are probably the most robust form of security you can have for your Altcoins or any other cryptocurrency. They allow you to send and receive Altcoins on any computer, even one that is compromised with malware, with the knowledge that your transaction will still go through as intended.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:15:21 PM

Scammers pay a lot of money for placing their sites in the top search. By clicking on these links, you can lose your money.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:17:07 PM

The best method would be to store it in the hardware wallet. But if you don't have one then just use online wallet and be careful on the phising site. If you will make transaction be sure to use your own PC or android.

The best way to make a safer your altcoin is split your altcoin as much as possible because the low amount will not be hacked by the hacker is very rare so this is the only way .

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:18:37 PM

take care of our private keys, IDs and other hints of our wallet. And after did some profitable selling, just make it to cash as soon as possible. Keep being ungreedy and not be decoyed by spams and phisings.
Hacking and phishing attacks are among the biggest security threats to your cryptocurrencies, so you must set strong passwords for your wallets and all accounts that deal with cryptocurrencies.Keep these tips in mind when setting up or using your cryptocurrency accounts.
nambunamba

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:20:05 PM

Never open any suspicious website. you might get link that trying to scam you from your email. becarefull only open email that you think neccesarry and have an antiviurus on your computer. use only wallet that are trusted and have a good reputation. save your private key on flashdisc or in place that you think is save from everyone.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:21:57 PM

I think being sure about the internet addreses is the most important one. So, if you are sure that the site name is correct, save it to boomarks.
True this is some of the best that you may ever have to do for that saving it cause we all know scammers site is everywhere so be careful for everything

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

maliha tahir

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:36:09 PM

As a matter of first importance, you should be exceptionally watchful and cautious. Never make rash acts. Before you accomplish something, think precisely and at exactly that point do it. Never tap on joins that you don't have the foggiest idea. Enter passwords and keys just on trusted locales and store them not on the PC
StevenCS

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:38:07 PM

on any web there will be a hacker. so, never spread your key to any social media, and never, your key is known to other users. and if possible, keep your key in a paper, not anywhere on your pc.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:41:02 PM

I generally do not put my coins online. I put it in my local wallet. Also, encrypt the wallet and do some backup. Make sure you have your private key and it is in a safe place.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:42:21 PM

Best way is to buy a hardware wallet like ledger or trezor and keep your alts locked in them.
If you are not willing to invest in a hardware wallet, make sure you keep the private keys safe in every possible way.

Personally, for my MEW keys, I take the paper prints and keep them in a file, I dont believe in storing them on a text file in computer or anywhere on the cloud.
Also, if you are familiar with Linux, you should move from Windows to Linux as it reduces your chances from getting hacked by a very big margin.
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 05:53:47 PM

Do not give out your private keys to anyone,you should be using your hardwallet when it comes from storing your big amount of money ! cryptocurerncies will be protected well when you are using metamask + hardwallet and your mew addresses when it comes to er20 based tokens and ethereum,bitcoin should we well protected to as hardwallets has some extra layer of protection.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: