Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters should be paid in ETH  (Read 4529 times)
Milenyto

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:03:56 PM

there were only couple ICO when bounty were paid in btc or ether. It is much more better for ICO project to pay in tokens because until the investors believe in project, tokens cost nothing.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:04:38 PM

You have a good idea but you know the ico have a projects and they use token to circulated their supply in market.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:05:38 PM

It would be very cool if this really happened, but it does happen, although not often, it is probably better to say that this happens very rarely, when payments are made in the BTC so it happens I do not deny.
K0korap

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:10:28 PM

Many of ICOs allocate some of the tokens to participants in bounty campaigns. Don't you think it is better to give bounty participnats reward in ETH?
1-2% of the money raised is not so much and bounty participants deserve that. Also, it can cause more investors to attract. Because they are no longer worry about the price fall after bounties are paid.

I don't think so. I think we should all understand that most of the bounties suport a certain coin that has been derived from either BTC or ETH. This is how crypto gains investors and what also creates the pump and decline in the values of ETh or BTC. I think having the rewards as unique coin encourages companies to invest to the platform.

Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:10:34 PM

maybe yes. but ethereum is same as cash money for ico teams. they can use ethereum at the same time crowdsale ends and use them for the project or theirselves. so they dont prefer give to cash for bounties in advance.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:12:53 PM

I don't understand why you guys want to be paid in ethereum.
Why are you participating in bounty campaigns? Is it you job or what?
As for me I am participating in project that I like to support and I understand pros and cons of the project, so I want to be a part of project, and receive a token.
Besides, when you receive tokens you can hold them till it rocket. Also why can't you just sell immediately if you are in crypto not for crypto but for money?? Undecided Gain your ether or whatever you want
Crypto gives you freedom, but you decide to barter it for dollar Huh

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

maybe yes. but ethereum is same as cash money for ico teams. they can use ethereum at the same time crowdsale ends and use them for the project or theirselves. so they dont prefer give to cash for bounties in advance.
well, if it fits the pay, i think it will be all right. I've been paid using ETH, and of course I accept it. in pay using a coin, or ETH, I will still receive it as long as it is still in accordance with what is promised. be professional  Wink
emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:22:11 PM

I would be grateful enough if bounties were paid regularly and they had some relevance, as many times they are not paid, or just paid poorly so it does no make sense to do campaign.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:47:02 PM

Many of ICOs allocate some of the tokens to participants in bounty campaigns. Don't you think it is better to give bounty participnats reward in ETH?
1-2% of the money raised is not so much and bounty participants deserve that. Also, it can cause more investors to attract. Because they are no longer worry about the price fall after bounties are paid.

I think it would be much easier for bounty hunters to receive ETH since majority of bounty hunters do trade their tokens it would save them of paying transaction fees in exchangers and time trading the said tokens. Or atleast make this an permanent option since not all bounties offer this like buy back option in some bounty campaign.

Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:10:09 PM

Although I agree, the purpose of bounties are to introduce their own coins in the cryptocurrency market, which they primarily use to pay or reward their joiners. If they would pay in Ethereum, which is the easier choice and option to be used to pay, it would equally mean that they will lose the chance to introduce their coin in the market, and therefore, make their project less profitable, if not, not gainful at all. If that is the business path they would take, then why pursue this market at all.
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:15:37 PM

There are very very few campaigns that offer the option to be paid by eth and btc, even those campaigns have limit on number of participants so not everyone can join them, some bounty campaigns have large allocations in terms of their tokens and after the tokensale the amount of raised funds is not huge, so it is understandable that the best they can do is to send the tokens as the funds raised are already low, the positive thing is that if the project is good and team is active the token value will rise, it is just a matter of patience, so in the end bounty tokens can pay off really well.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

The whole purpose of bounties in the first place is to get as much people interested in the project and to get people to get their hands on the coins as much as they can so it is only normal that they pay out the people who are doing these bounties to be paid out in the tokens of the project, and paying in ethereum is like helping promote the coin of another instead of theirs.
Correct, paying in ethereum will be more convenient for the bounty hunters but you must remember the reason of why the bounty exist on the first place which is to promote a project and to try to get investors into it, so it is completely logical that the developers want people to use their coins even if at that time that coin does not have a very high value.
Rewarding the participants with ETH will be helpful to all of us but not on the project because they are trying to promote the project itself. If ever this happen and ETH is the coin to be rewarded then I am thinking that maybe ETH could be the only altcoin existing in cryptos and the other altcoins won't be created therefore we will only have bitcoin and ethereum as choices for investments. I don't know but maybe this could help in making the price more higher as well as the demand. There could be a healthy competition between these two coins.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Mypanara19

Activity: 826
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 09:56:31 PM

In every crypto project if you would check its token overview and/or token allocation you would see that it always has a certain percentage or portion from the entire total supply that is for project marketing and it includes their the budget for bounty campaign. It is usually clearly stated in the campaign rules that what we will get as a reward for being a bounty participant is the token from the project itself.
lynx_

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:05:20 AM

The whole work of bounty hunters is focused on making money, not investing. Some projects require a fee for the award, this is a complete humiliation for the project! It happens that the fee is more than a reward! Such projects and their managers need to be included in the black list of the bounty hunter!
thuthi12

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:29:50 AM

I think bounties will not be paid using ETH. First of all, if you use ETH to pay, then it is costly. Using the money they developed is not costly, and if the project fails, then their losses will be less. Smiley
yahata150

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:42:57 AM

It is a good opportunity for us to have their token as a reward their token could be pump up in the future and we could get a huge profit from it,
bournekin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:46:26 AM

If the bounty hunters get the rewards from bounty with ETH, it will minimize the risks for the bounty hunters when the token has a low price after ICO. However, most ICOs will only pay us with their own coins because they also want to spread their coins. But, I think that they should try or consider using ETH. This case can also reduce the dumb tokens to sell after the token is listed on the exchange.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
harryuxu

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:57:01 PM

No, many projects use the token as a bounty to pay them. They rarely give it to the ether. At present, I haven’t seen any project that uses the ether as a bounty, as long as I can pay the token on time. .
Melody2

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:00:39 PM

In all honesty I tend to agree with you. Ico projects want their tokens to do well in exchanges. But there is always a tendency for bounty hunters to dump their tokens once they hit the exchange and it will affect the price negatively leaving investors very sour and bitter. But if bounty hunters get paid in ethereum then they won't have to dump the tokens from the ico project and it will allow the investors to rest easy with the listing price

══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
FULLY DECENTRALIZED TRADING PLATFORM
══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
engesi

Activity: 434

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:19:51 PM

The bounty hunter certainly hopes to get ETH's return. I think this proposal is very good. For this project, it is best to use ETH to pay to bounty hunters instead of using their own coins to avoid the risk of falling coin prices after exchange listing.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: