Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:41:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 [1720] 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
rickyjames

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:40:13 PM

Guys, I think the most agree on the following:

• drexme pays back with interest
  • drexme leaves the nxt community

I don't like his words, his intentions, his motivations, his behavior. One might think he has to be 8 years old because he just don't get it. But just let's agree on the above and then we move on!

Drexme, don't reply here.

Exactly.
This is all about him paying back and then dissapearing.
The fact that so many want to forgive him and invite him back in is just maddening. I can't believe it.
You are basically inviting more people to steal because "hey if I get caught there are no repurcusions anyway"

For what it's worth, Drexme has started two new threads over at nextcoin.org to get around previous threads being locked.  His current plan appears to be paying back into the NXTcommunityfund administered by yours truly.   He says he's sent the first 14K NXT but I don't see it yet.  If you want him to pay interest, etc, better get that straight up front and right now because he may be about to dump in the dark and pull the eject lever.

https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4054.0.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Drexme

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:43:11 PM

I don't like his words, his intentions, his motivations, his behavior. One might think he has to be 8 years old because he just don't get it. But just let's agree on the above and then we move on!

Exactly.
The fact that so many want to forgive him and invite him back in is just maddening. I can't believe it.
You are basically inviting more people to steal because "hey if I get caught there are no repurcusions anyway"

For what it's worth, Drexme has started two new threads over at nextcoin.org to get around previous threads being locked.  His current plan appears to be paying back into the NXTcommunityfund administered by yours truly.   He says he's sent the first 14K NXT but I don't see it yet.  If you want him to pay interest, etc, better get that straight up front and right now because he may be about to dump in the dark and pull the eject lever.

I just posted proof. Need to be more patient. I see NXT still has a slow blockchain

rickyjames

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

Exactly.

I just posted proof. Need to be more patient. I see NXT still has a slow blockchain

Drexme, listen very carefully.  You need to post your sending account number RIGHT NOW on the other thread.   I have no evidence whatsoever that you just made this 14,209 NXT deposit to NXTcommunityfund.   You need to post the sending account number and the amount you are going to send BEFORE it gets sent.  Do not screw around with me on this.  I will declare it a contribution by an anonymous donor next time if you send it again without advance details.
bitmadaboutcoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:48:19 PM

well i tried forging solo but that got me absolutely nowhere lol
With what goal did u forge? With current state I suggest to every potential forger focus on protecting system, just do it, stake doesn't matter. Profits come later with some possibility, but unsafe (relative to context of cryptoworld, ofc) system can't succeed in long term - that's for sure.

but does forging not require massive download limits.. im not sure what the limit is on my wifi.. shared house and some one else does all that.. its 50meg fiber power but dont no if theres a limit.. dont want the bill sky high!

i was forging for no reason until i herd that purely to help secure the network.. but im not doin it for a huge wifi bill lol
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:50:40 PM

I don't think they know what should be in a block. They only see what is in there after the block is forged.

But everyones sees what *could* be in a block, so it can be noticed if a node is shady

No. Not everybody sees what could be in a block, in fact nobody will see that in the not-so-distance future as nodes and clients will send transaction only to those nodes chosen by TF to reach the 1000 TPS.

Node 1 forges a block as defined by TF algo.
Node 2 (chosen by TF) verifies that node 1 forged its block correctly and forges the next block this is includes the validation or not of Node 1 block
If Node 1 block is invalidated then Node 1 gets no fees and the transactions are included in the list for the next node chosen by TF - NOT Node 2 the node that invalidated the block
Node 3 get its turn, it gets its transactions plus those that need to be forged from the Node 1 invalidated block and it gets to verify Node 2's block including its decision to invalidate Node 1's block.
If Node 3 decides that Node 2 made a bad decision on its transactions or the verification of Node 1 then node 4 gets Node 2s transactions.

This cycle repeats where nodes benefit from good decisions but cannot benefit if they make bad decisions which are found by other nodes and deciding a node is bad when it is not is also a bad decision.

It sound a bit complicated but essentially, what each node has to do is simply verify the immediately preceding nodes work in order to;
a) benefit from its forging opportunity
b) not be penalised by making the wrong decision about a previous nodes work.

the Next node needs to validate the previous nodes work but does not benefit from it
if the Next node makes a bad decision it is penalised but the verifying node does not benefit
because of TF the node invalidating the work cannot influence or control where the next block id forged and therefore control the outcome of its decision or benefit from it directly.

So if TF picks several bad nodes in a row then they will benefit but any 2 or more good nodes in the chain will unravel the bad nodes work.
I don't think complicated consensus rules are needed with this because  a node knows its decision is verified by the next node and it can't control who the verifier of its work will be.

hope I explained this well enough.. may still be too complicated.

Drexme

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

Exactly.

Drexme, listen very carefully.  You need to post your sending account number RIGHT NOW on the other thread.   I have no evidence whatsoever that you just made this 14,209 NXT deposit to NXTcommunityfund.   You need to post the sending account number and the amount you are going to send BEFORE it gets sent.  Do not screw around with me on this.  I will declare it a contribution by an anonymous donor next time if you send it again without advance details.

Don't fuck with me. I just sent it. http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=2000&tra=6883427540478165384
I'm using an account at bter. I will be using the same account number

rickyjames

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:59:05 PM

Don't fuck with me. I just sent it. http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=2000&tra=6883427540478165384

If you use this same account number on future payments, then we are cool.  I have made a record of your initial partial repayment on the official NXTcommunityfund spreadsheet. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoE8nAOEMIa7dFFnWjRNYTM4RkhsN3dRRXFBaTBiaHc#gid=16
Drexme

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:00:52 AM

If you use this same account number on future payments, then we are cool.  I have made a record of your initial partial repayment on the official NXTcommunityfund spreadsheet. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoE8nAOEMIa7dFFnWjRNYTM4RkhsN3dRRXFBaTBiaHc#gid=16

Alright then. I posted some info to the nextcoin.org thread.

I will keep the community updated there.

Good day

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:03:43 AM

Don't fuck with me.

Drexme

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:08:13 AM

That was surprisingly funny

On-topic: Thought I sent to wrong address and scammed

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:22:41 AM

Okay guys,

I have serious issues in my life right now, thus I'm offline until April!

- NXTarea.com will stay like it is right now.
- nxtion.com goes offline and links to NXTarea.com
- NXTvote.com goes offline and links to NXTarea.com
- NXT777.com is on pause and links to NXTarea.com
- NXTgates.com is on pause and links to NXTarea.com
- coinarea.net link to NXTarea.com

- tipNXT will stay online, because I don't have to take care of it. It will run on itself like it is right now. You can still use it.
- wallet.nxtarea.com:7874 will stay online, it's quite a hassle but the client runs smooth and I can take the 4 minutes every few days/weeks if a new client is there.

I can't work anymore on Nxtchg.com with jefdiesel, msin and voldemort.
I can't work anymore on nxt.org with BitVenturer.

I'm sorry guys!

I gave Damelon and TwinWinNerD full permission for everything for the subreddit /r/Nxt!

I will come back in April and if everything works fine I can submit far more time then.

I hope that you all will give everything to make Nxt a success! I'm looking forward to April and a hopefully 10x more valuable Nxt. Wink
Hi,Passion_ltc
Hope you everything goes well,come back ASAP.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
allwelder
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:33:15 AM

This creates two classes of users and significantly reduces the percentage of the money supply used to secure the network.

Why? Here we see no explanation but just a statement of "fact" (or in other words "bullshit").

Additionally both of these systems suffer from the potential that a large stake holder could perform a denial of service attack by refusing to include some or all transactions.

They seem to have overlooked the "penalty" for not forging here.

So what is the "penalty" for not forging ?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
allwelder
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:38:22 AM

If anyone wanted to help with english proofreading for Nxt articles, let me know Smiley (we've got some guys already, but joefox isn't a robot Cheesy )
count me in if needed.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
alxx77

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:46:14 AM

Less then 100K in sell orders in Vircurex to reach 0.0001  Grin
ebereon

Activity: 397
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:59:16 AM

Hey eb,

got a MASSIVE stacktrace with out of memory an hour ago - raspi
Memory: 4k page, physical 448180k(29320k free), swap 102396k(3032k free)

Holy sh*t, you must start java with Xmx option.

swap 102396k(3032k free) that means your raspi was swapping 100MB on its sdcard, that will not work and your sdcard will die very fast.

Use:
java -Xmx150m -jar start.jar

And tell me how it goes. This way it will never oom on any raspi version.

Greets,
eb
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:59:34 AM

do the forging pools work? is it worth doing with 15k nxt?

I put 30k into NXTio - not made any money yet but I am now in a pool of 300k and growing, I guess if these are successful they will grow but if not people will withdraw - but remember if the people owning the pool account run off with your NXT there is not a lot you can do....

We do need the dev's to deliver the leased forging and some pool sharing rules to be devised by people who want to run pools...
At least with the leasing your NXT is not at risk because its still in your wallet...

We (NXTpool.net) are at 150k NXT right now (one profi left us with his 50k NXT last week) and we'll re-open for everyone in 10 days. I think we'll have to reach 500k to be successfull.

BTW:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLEASE VOTE! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Unregistered users are allowed up to 3 votes per hour, whilst registered users are allowed 6 votes per hour!

Please quote me, share on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit... thanks!

Go, go, go! Please share the link with all big websites / admins / social groups you know. 6 votes per hour = ~36 votes per day per NXT'r. 100 NXT'rs = 3600 votes per day. Let's go!
allwelder
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:19:01 AM

do the forging pools work? is it worth doing with 15k nxt?

I put 30k into NXTio - not made any money yet but I am now in a pool of 300k and growing, I guess if these are successful they will grow but if not people will withdraw - but remember if the people owning the pool account run off with your NXT there is not a lot you can do....

We do need the dev's to deliver the leased forging and some pool sharing rules to be devised by people who want to run pools...
At least with the leasing your NXT is not at risk because its still in your wallet...

We (NXTpool.net) are at 150k NXT right now (one profi left us with his 50k NXT last week) and we'll re-open for everyone in 10 days. I think we'll have to reach 500k to be successfull.

BTW:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLEASE VOTE! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Unregistered users are allowed up to 3 votes per hour, whilst registered users are allowed 6 votes per hour!

Please quote me, share on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit... thanks!

Go, go, go! Please share the link with all big websites / admins / social groups you know. 6 votes per hour = ~36 votes per day per NXT'r. 100 NXT'rs = 3600 votes per day. Let's go!
congratulation,I list your website on the Nxt websites navigationwww.nxt123.info

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
jany8293

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:29:24 AM

Well, if the dragons sitting on their hoards of NXT don't start distributing it and using their holdings to advance NXT (and their own!) interests, then reducing forging rewards makes some sense.

Dragons, a call: spread your wealth to improve NXT.  Bounties, promotions, giveaways, sell it, whatever... create value.

+1
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 01:37:11 AM

but isnt part of bcexts plan to lower fees and stop greedy hoard and forge? makin it not worth while?

His idea. We don't have to follow it.
I am following BCNext's plan! He is clearly much smarter than me, who am I to second guess his recommendations.
In any case it makes a lot of sense to me that NXT itself should be as close to free to use as possible. Think how much it costs to use the Internet, or normal cash. If using the internet had a per minute fee (like Compuserve did), it would never have become what it is. Most people dont seem to under stand this. Elasticity of price demand, eg. lower cost -> more volumes.

I suggest that everybody just IGNORE any amount that comes in from forging. If it comes in, great, if not, dont worry. NXT is about building an economy. What sort of economy would it be if everybody just sat around waiting and staring at their money waiting for it to magically and spontaneously spit out more money?? The fact that NXT actually does this every once in a while is fantastic, but it is NOT the reason to own NXT. [answer to my rhetorical question is "massive economic depression"]

The reason to own NXT is to be able to build a livelihood around it. Create a product like Anon's silver bars, create a service like many people have already done. You have to do something to get something. Its not really that strange that it works this way is it?

Unless you have 100 BTC and can buy 1 million NXT, you gotta work. Even if you have 1 million NXT, it would be much better if you invested in the best ideas and allow others to make a living.

I am in the process of coming up with ways normal people can make a living by building stuff on top of NXT, but the more people that contribute such ideas the better. I cant be the only one who has ideas on how to make money with NXT.

Let's play a game. post a way you can think of that somebody can make money with NXT, using the tech that is currently being developed. The best idea as measured by (estimated revenues divided by estimated costs to implement) will win 500 NXT bounty. If there is no consensus as to what idea has the best revenue/cost ratio, i will flip a coin and pick the one I like the best.

Deadline is before I sign off tonight, probably 6 to 8 hrs

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
CoinTropolis_NiftyNikel

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:38:31 AM

Thank you everyone who has donated so far for the charity drive, we are now at 34,686!!

If you haven't donated already, please head over to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=468258.0 to help out!

Pages: « 1 ... 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 [1720] 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: