Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:39:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 11:39:25 PM

Does anybody have 10K testnxt? 18232225178877143084

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:40:40 PM

Re: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information
Today at 01:53:59 AM
Reply with quote  #35842
Quote from: jl777 on Today at 01:37:11 AM
Quote from: bitcoinpaul on February 16, 2014, 11:06:41 PM
Quote from: bitmadaboutcoin on February 16, 2014, 10:58:30 PM
but isnt part of bcexts plan to lower fees and stop greedy hoard and forge? makin it not worth while?

His idea. We don't have to follow it.
I am following BCNext's plan! He is clearly much smarter than me, who am I to second guess his recommendations.
In any case it makes a lot of sense to me that NXT itself should be as close to free to use as possible. Think how much it costs to use the Internet, or normal cash. If using the internet had a per minute fee (like Compuserve did), it would never have become what it is. Most people dont seem to under stand this. Elasticity of price demand, eg. lower cost -> more volumes.

I suggest that everybody just IGNORE any amount that comes in from forging. If it comes in, great, if not, dont worry. NXT is about building an economy. What sort of economy would it be if everybody just sat around waiting and staring at their money waiting for it to magically and spontaneously spit out more money?? The fact that NXT actually does this every once in a while is fantastic, but it is NOT the reason to own NXT. [answer to my rhetorical question is "massive economic depression"]

The reason to own NXT is to be able to build a livelihood around it. Create a product like Anon's silver bars, create a service like many people have already done. You have to do something to get something. Its not really that strange that it works this way is it?

Unless you have 100 BTC and can buy 1 million NXT, you gotta work. Even if you have 1 million NXT, it would be much better if you invested in the best ideas and allow others to make a living.

I am in the process of coming up with ways normal people can make a living by building stuff on top of NXT, but the more people that contribute such ideas the better. I cant be the only one who has ideas on how to make money with NXT.

Let's play a game. post a way you can think of that somebody can make money with NXT, using the tech that is currently being developed. The best idea as measured by (estimated revenues divided by estimated costs to implement) will win 500 NXT bounty. If there is no consensus as to what idea has the best revenue/cost ratio, i will flip a coin and pick the one I like the best.

Deadline is before I sign off tonight, probably 6 to 8 hrs

At the dawn of electricity in the late nineteenth century was Thomas Edison envisioned a decentralized system with many small companies competing for generators installed near the point of consumption. Since the electricity distribution cables were still rare , the Edison Electric Lighting Company focused most of his first business in installing generators in small factories, shops, hotels and homes .
In 1888 , Edison had installed 1,700 small plants . In the early twentieth century , more than half of U.S. electricity It was self-produced by industries that took advantage of the waste heat and excess electricity sold to nearby customers.

Would it be possible to implement Nxt platform under the distributed energy market ?

Is a market where producers and consumers of energy would cross their sales orders and purchase orders simultaneously.

Today a small community of neighbors or landowners can generate and sell energy through solar PV , mini wind power, etc. .

For example an owner decide to install in his home to energy consumption solar pv but at certain times of day to spare and is now selling the excess energy in the Nxt platform.

At one point he needs same energy and buys his deficit in the Nxt platform.

both buyer and seller should obviously pay transport costs to distribution companies but the market for the generation and consumption of energy would peer ( peer to peer) .

This would link with the colored coins and the contract system like Ethereum .

Does anyone dare with the idea ?

If anyone dares I'm interested to collaborate .
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:43:46 PM

Next block will let to choose the winner.

How?
ChuckOne

Activity: 364

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:45:20 PM

Subtract all of the targets on chain a, subtract all of the targets on chain b, see which number is larger.
Subtract from what?
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:47:44 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 11:59:04 PM by CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Payment Processor Information

As some of you already know if you read Nikel's reports, I've been talking to the guys from ZipZap and GoCoin quite a bit for Peercoin for a month prior to the conference and then spoke to both parties (Nikel lead) at the Miami conference about Nxt.  This is important, I can move this conversation forward.

I need someone willing to put the following data together (this is what we did for Peer). We need to show trends, interest and liquidity. Who is willing to work with me on it? I CAN get in front of the GoCoin board and pitch Nxt. See examples below on what we presented Zipzap and GoCoin:

1. Exchanges

We're listed on all the major alt exchanges listed here:

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=127.0

The bulk of our liquidity happens at BTC-e. We currently have 3.8 million dollars worth of buy orders for PPC/USD and 127,000 PPC worth of sell orders.

2. Additional Numbers

I've asked our team to put together some numbers:

A. Peercoin 6-month Transaction Volume on BTC-e (PPC/BTC Trading Pair)

https://i.imgur.com/a4InuOk.png

B. Peercoin 6-month Transaction Volume on the rest of the top 5 exchanges (Cryptsy, BTER, Vircurex, and Vault of Satoshi, with VoS conservatively assumed to be 5000 PPC per day since Sept 1)

https://i.imgur.com/VDFVLDu.png

C. Peercoin 1-month Transaction Volume on BTC-e (PPC/USD Trading Pair)

https://i.imgur.com/NnvNpda.png

D. Number of unique transactions per day

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/transactions-ppc.html

E. Value of Peercoin being transacted per day

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/sentinusd-ppc.html

================

Who is willing to step up?

Thanks!

jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 12:05:01 AM

please, please, somebody, anybody with testNXT I cant test without it

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:06:31 AM

hey james, tried to but my funds are frozen somehow..

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:07:19 AM

allwelder,成功下去吧 Wink
Must be. Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
allwelder
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:12:36 AM

2K sent.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:19:09 AM

Subtract all of the targets on chain a, subtract all of the targets on chain b, see which number is larger.
Subtract from what?

technically it doesn't matter but probably zero would be the most strait forward.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:23:23 AM

Part 2 of ZipZap and GoCoin

When I spoke to the guys at the conference, both were asking basically the same thing:

"How is the market we attract different than Bitcoin/Litecoin"

This is an extremely valuable point.  If we don't bring in a different market segment, why add redundancy. I know some people don't like the green/eco area, that's cool, but it's a legit difference.  As Bitcoin continues to get larger, some people aren't going to be fond of the amount of resources it utilizes. Nxt should be able to appeal to that market on a mass scale.

What else? Why add us if you already have Bitcoin/Litecoin? What segments might Nxt be able to target that the others won't?

This is important, not just mental masturbation. I'd like to make contact again by the end of the week.
brooklynbtc

Activity: 336

AKA jefdiesel

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:25:17 AM

When I spoke to the guys at the conference, both were asking basically the same thing:

This is an extremely valuable point.  If we don't bring in a different market segment, why add redundancy. I know some people don't like the green/eco area, that's cool, but it's a legit difference.  As Bitcoin continues to get larger, some people aren't going to be fond of the amount of resources it utilizes. Nxt should be able to appeal to that market on a mass scale.

What else? Why add us if you already have Bitcoin/Litecoin?

This is important, not just mental masturbation. I'd like to make contact again by the end of the week.

Green is nice, but not the important thing.

NXT is PoS
NXT is a whole ecosystem
NXT is new code. ( when they find a flaw in BTC, its not in NXT)

SN
S   U   P   E   R    N   E   T
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
Uniting cryptocurrencies, Rewarding talent, Sharing benefits..

Blockchain Technology.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:33:06 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 12:53:57 AM by CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

This is an extremely valuable point.  If we don't bring in a different market segment, why add redundancy. I know some people don't like the green/eco area, that's cool, but it's a legit difference.  As Bitcoin continues to get larger, some people aren't going to be fond of the amount of resources it utilizes. Nxt should be able to appeal to that market on a mass scale.

NXT is PoS
NXT is a whole ecosystem

Which is great for us, but does not answer the demographic questions we were presented.  Nikel and I talked in detail about everything you said above, while that's fantastic for the crypto nerds among us... (PoS gives me a binary chubby) it doesn't give a reason for a payment processor to add us when Bitcoin and Litecoin will already satisfy most of the assumed market. Does that make sense? Try talking ecosystem with your local mom and pop shop down the road. Smiley

This is exactly why face to face meetings are so important, you can cut right through the bull and figure out why we're not already accepted in specific services.  I needed to wait to follow-up due to client development.. now we're in a place to demo a few different types, follow-up is ready.

One argument can be we'll attract a much more technical base. The flaws in Bitcoin code also makes some sense, but that's more of a retention than attraction tool. Are there specific market segments that we could bring to the party that the others might not initially attract without serious effort. Maybe you can help me expand on those ideas and help frame it as a benefit to those organizations?

It's not about us, it's about how our involvement can benefit the company which also benefits us. That's why part 1 is about the liquidity charts that both parties really appreciated. Another is the amount of money we have stashed away for marketing and projects.. we're serious about developing and promoting Nxt (along with it's partners) for the long term. I believe that is a benefit the others can't claim.

igmaca

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:38:13 AM

In an effort to help this brilliant idea is nxt summarize my experience with the problem of security and key management.

first thing I did is get off free keepass program after analyzing several programs , being an open source program and enjoy a high reputation as a program.

then after reading a lot about the key generation choose to use absurd and nonsensical phrases formed by not less than 50 characters memorize words and 2 phrases from roughly 50 characters for the master password kee pass .

Install the plugin otpkeyprov keepass password and activate two factors to open kee pass with google authenticator in my android phone

the first 50 characters of a sentence and the second sentence of 48 characters to activate google autenthicator 48 characters and match the standard b32 . the advantage of two-factor master password is if you can not make all phishing password .

Within keepass generate passwords you want including accounts of nxt ( nxt also advise to memorize words and not less than 50 characters consisting of nonsensical words )

Enable tools options " change master key in a secure desktop " every time you open your account using automatic writing nxt
Enable automatic writing on the flap of each password " Obfuscation 2 channel automatic writing"

that is all
allwelder
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:42:48 AM

Dear supporters,

I want to talk with you about the future of Nxt.org. I'm working with Passion_ltc together to make this website the center for the whole Nxt ecosystem.

We have many great ideas for the website, but before we start we need to talk about something inconvenient: the money.

I paid 157,000 NXT and 6 BTC for the domain. A few guys maybe are thinking that this is far too much, but I don't think so. With Nxt.org we finally have a quality domain for a quality product, and if we consider that Nxt will be the future of money then the money was well spent!

2Kool4Skewl asked on nextcoin.org about acquiring the domain. And I'm pretty sure that someone said there was a bounty for this domain.

So I want to ask you if someone knows more about the bounty. Maybe I could get a nice sum of the money back though this?

Thank you very much!

Greetings,
BitVenturer

According to my calculations if each one of this account (http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=34)
will pay at least 30K nxt from his balance, it will be 1.8M NXT, I think its a fair price

Just give the community the domain for 157,000 NXT and 6 BTC. Maybe a little premium on top. But that's it.

The community didn't appreciate the fact that I got the name, my effort and resources...
You think that the name doesn't cost 1.8M ?
"Community" != "Customer"

I'll give you 250k and donate the domain back to the community.
I will donate the www.nxts.org and www.nxtcrypto.com to community with correct compensation. Cheesy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CoinTropolis_NiftyNikel

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:43:03 AM

This is an extremely valuable point.  If we don't bring in a different market segment, why add redundancy. I know some people don't like the green/eco area, that's cool, but it's a legit difference.  As Bitcoin continues to get larger, some people aren't going to be fond of the amount of resources it utilizes. Nxt should be able to appeal to that market on a mass scale.

NXT is PoS
NXT is a whole ecosystem

I would disagree a little bit. Yes the three things you mentioned are very important, but the average person could care less about if it is a whole ecosystem or new code. They want to know how it is going to effect them personally and what makes a difference in their eyes.

Peercoin has gone a long way with the green/eco friendly angle to gain mainstream attraction. Nxt takes this to a whole new level with PoS which will appeal to an even wider audience. Once the mainstream knows who we are and what we are about they will be able to appreciate the fact that we are not similar to Bitcoin or any other alt, and the fact that we are making our own path with new code.

It is important that we show ZipZap and GoCoin that we can attract a different and wider audience than Bitcoin/Litecoin. We are in fact very different and green because of our PoS algo, which will be very attractive to them. We need to build up the data from John's earlier post and make a presentation for these guys. This is a very important step for Nxt to take to get into the mainstream and prove itself.

I hope someone will step up to dig up the data we need so that we can make this presentation to them. Who is willing to step up and take the initiative?

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:52:45 AM

We did the work you guys asked for at the Miami Bitcoin Conference, now it's time to give the companies exactly what they want from us. So far we have:

- Large marketing budget
- Green (socially responsible)
- New code -- any case a flaw is found in Bitcoin
- Extremely low transaction fees
- Marketing team willing to work with merchants

** For example, we could organize a 30 day swarm push to help attract merchants to the payment processor. Now, that would be a benefit.

What else? What makes us business friendly? What do ** WE ** bring to the table for a payment processor?  Why would it be a mistake NOT to add us?
allwelder
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:02:22 AM

*** Need Community Response ***

Now that Songs of Love has our landing page posted (with their wallet), I want to know how you guys want to handle it moving forward.  One valid concern is since Nxt has a wallet address for donations and Songs of Love has their wallet address posted, people might get confused.  Should we:

Continue to only advertise our wallet?
Transfer the funds to their wallet and use that one in PR?

It's not a big deal either way, just want to address the concern posted and have the community tell us how they want to handle it.

http://www.songsoflove.org/nxt/
+1. We have post this info on Chinese forumhttp://www.nxts.info/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=137&page=1&extra=#pid371 for more Chinese nxters to donate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:03:00 AM

*** Need Community Response ***

Now that Songs of Love has our landing page posted (with their wallet), I want to know how you guys want to handle it moving forward.  One valid concern is since Nxt has a wallet address for donations and Songs of Love has their wallet address posted, people might get confused.  Should we:

Continue to only advertise our wallet?
Transfer the funds to their wallet and use that one in PR?

It's not a big deal either way, just want to address the concern posted and have the community tell us how they want to handle it.

http://www.songsoflove.org/nxt/
we have post this info on Chinese forumhttp://www.nxts.info/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=137&page=1&extra=#pid371 for more Chinese nxters to donate.

Fantastic, thank you!
Asian Prepper

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 01:07:33 AM

Here are the last pieces of the video interview that my buddy Leon Fu and I did with Anon136 about nxt:

What Is The Difference Between The Bitcoin (BTC) Blockchain Vs. The Nextcoin (NXT) Blockchain?

http://prisonorfreedom.com/what-is-the-difference-between-the-bitcoin-btc-blockchain-vs-the-nextcoin-nxt-blockchain/

Why Were Security Flaws Purposely Put Into The Nextcoin (NXT)'s Source Code By It's Developers?
http://prisonorfreedom.com/why-were-security-flaws-purposely-put-into-the-nextcoin-nxts-source-code-by-its-developers/

Who Are The Key Players & Programmers Of The Nextcoin (NXT) Source Code?
http://prisonorfreedom.com/who-are-the-key-players-programmers-of-the-nextcoin-nxt-source-code/

Should Investors Be Worried About Nextcoin (NXT)'S Price Volatility?
http://prisonorfreedom.com/should-investors-be-worried-about-nextcoin-nxts-price-volatility/

I hope these videos with Anon136 will help to educate new adopters and investors of Nxt.

Tai Zen
Can you add subtitles in future for non english speaking people?

I'm looking for a transcription service right now to transcribe all my nxt videos.  I know many people can not watch it because they are at work. I also need the transcription so other people in the nxt community can translate it to other languages.

Tai Zen

As of 2014-04-09 I no longer post as "Asian Prepper" and will post under my real name "Tai Zen" to eliminate confusion.

Founder of www.PrisonOrFreedom.com | BTC: 19HHZ1yEimKUYVFM9TkXqd9xwM54jSFrmc | LTC:  LTA99422wieqR1MfWeNxZU5xAsESE9MzW7 | NXT:  17225446755425423638
Pages: « 1 ... 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: