Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:22:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:26:07 PM

Question:

How much do you think would a java based blockchain.info-like wallet for NXT cost to program? Do you think it would be worth to start a bounty for that?

Which part? Do you mean the iPhone mobile app? Or the website?

The part where blockchain.info works within you browser and no information leaves your browers, only the encrypted backup on your server. As i understand, we can now sign transactions without the client?

We basically need an online wallet WITHOUT trust.

How is that possible?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:29:23 PM

Question:

How much do you think would a java based blockchain.info-like wallet for NXT cost to program? Do you think it would be worth to start a bounty for that?

The part where blockchain.info works within you browser and no information leaves your browers, only the encrypted backup on your server. As i understand, we can now sign transactions without the client?

How is that possible?

Your browser downloads the java file (code?!?) and your wallet gets decrypted only within this java environment on your browser. With bitcoin you can prepare a transaction locally, you don't need a connection to the blockchain for that. After you have finished signing the transaction, you can broadcast it. No sensitive information ever leaves your browser!

EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:30:05 PM

Guys,

would there be interest in promotional clothing and giveaways?

I've been in contact with my brother and he would be wiling to create several mockups and some samples at cost price.
At first it will be paid for by me and possibly a friend.

We're thinking about the following:

- T-shirts
- caps
- Umbrellas (those small foldable ones you can keep in your car)
- Sweaters (fleece)
- Scrafs

The clothing items would have a logo on the left side chest and no LARGE BANNERS on the back. All very classy. Something you could wear all the time. The umbrella would have a logo every other part on the top side.
The scarfs have a logo on the end. I have some samples at home from a company I used to have and every single one I handed out back then to friends and relatives is still being used today.

I think these items would have value at conventions and general gatherings / meetings.

One other possibility would be to sell them from a simple store at one of our sites (but that could be potentially difficult with distribution). The NXT that is gained from those sales could flow back into an operational account of some sort.

I know we are very much into decentralization, but some stuff needs to be taken care of in a more centralized manner to have some coherency.

Let me know what you think about this.

Mikes...welcome to Holland, mate.
Still playing catch-up with this thread, suggest that all NXT'ers with promo material projects (clothing, stickers, monoliths, commemorative beer-mugs, etc)  post on the marketing thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412243.760
This will give us a chance to get an overview of what we have available.

(BTW, more on my stickers soon.)

QUICK UPDATE

Atomic-Trade will be adding Nxt.  I'm paying for integration with my own funds since AT agreed to add USD/Nxt trade abilities.  This will allow any users to buy Nxt with USD directly.  Currently AT only offers USD/BTC trading, so we will have an advantage over other alts on the exchange. Also, when I get home this evening, expect Nxt to lead the voting in Mintpal Wink

that is big, thank you very much msin!

+10, this could be huge for NXT.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:30:35 PM

Yes but the signing happens on your server, that is the problem. With blockchain.info type wallet, NOTHING leaves the browser. Only the broadcast happens on the server there. This is a HUGE difference.

Why is it such a big difference? If an attacker has a keylogger you may lose your coins the same way in mynxt.info and blockchain.info.

What is important is that the wallet is encrypted and in order to decrypt it you need the user's password. Whether the decrypting happens on the server or on the browser, I don't think this is such a big deal. In fact, I can imagine people developing a malware that you get in your browser (since your browser holds an unencrypted version of your wallet).

The really big difference is, that the person that hosts the wallet can spend your coins if you send your password. Because if you sign serverside, your wallet has to be decrypted atleast once for a short period of time. You as the owner of the server can interfere if you chose to, or if your server is compromised and bad code is implemented coins can be stolen. That is the reason that the guy that created blockchain.info said that all wallets that don't offer browserside signing WILL be hacked/scamed.

Well, of course the guy would say that. Everyone will say their product is better.

The fact is: you need to decrypt the wallet at some point in order to spend coins. The decryption can happen on the browser or the server, and to decrypt it you will need to type your password.

Don't forget when you sign up in blockchain.info you ALSO type your password on their website. There's no guarantee that they didn't save a copy of your password somewhere.

What I am saying is that I don't see the "save in the browser" as being any safer, to me this is more marketing that actual security. If there's any security experts here please prove me wrong (and I will be happy to be proven wrong).

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

QUICK UPDATE

Atomic-Trade will be adding Nxt.  I'm paying for integration with my own funds since AT agreed to add USD/Nxt trade abilities.  This will allow any users to buy Nxt with USD directly.  Currently AT only offers USD/BTC trading, so we will have an advantage over other alts on the exchange. Also, when I get home this evening, expect Nxt to lead the voting in Mintpal Wink

Wow good news. When will Atomic Trade add it you think?

Not sure, he is working on it asap and I've contacted a few members here to help him integrate as he had some api questions.  Also, if anyone else wants to offer him help with integration, here is the contact email (subject "Nxt Integration") info@atomic-trade.com

Will you disclose how much you paid for that?

Sure, 2.5btc.

Thank you, i actually thought that they might charge an order of magnitude more.

Yeah, I only agreed with the stipulation that USD/Nxt be offered, and he also has a rewards program so he claims there is no big profit made.  
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

Question:

How is that possible?

http://kryptokit.com/  ?
abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:32:50 PM

Yes but the signing happens on your server, that is the problem. With blockchain.info type wallet, NOTHING leaves the browser. Only the broadcast happens on the server there. This is a HUGE difference.

Why is it such a big difference? If an attacker has a keylogger you may lose your coins the same way in mynxt.info and blockchain.info.

There is a big difference. You are sending your password to a third party who is running the server.

Password should never leave your computer. Only signed transactions should be broadcast to the servver

You are not sending your wallet key. You are sending a password that you defined that was used to encrypt the wallet.

I get the trust argument though. As with any online services, you need to trust the person running the server. Same for blockchain.info and all the exchanges out there.

ChuckOne

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:34:44 PM

Your browser downloads the java file (code?!?) and your wallet gets decrypted only within this java environment on your browser. With bitcoin you can prepare a transaction locally, you don't need a connection to the blockchain for that. After you have finished signing the transaction, you can broadcast it. No sensitive information ever leaves your browser!

Ohh noo. No java applet, please.

I could imagine that this is implemented in JavaScript. But then you rely on the server, sending you the JS.

So, where is the trust? You need to trust your browser vendor, you need to trust the server that sends you the JS, you need to trust your browser plugins/addons, you need to trust your OS, you hardware, etc. etc.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:34:55 PM

What is important is that the wallet is encrypted and in order to decrypt it you need the user's password. Whether the decrypting happens on the server or on the browser, I don't think this is such a big deal. In fact, I can imagine people developing a malware that you get in your browser (since your browser holds an unencrypted version of your wallet).

The really big difference is, that the person that hosts the wallet can spend your coins if you send your password. Because if you sign serverside, your wallet has to be decrypted atleast once for a short period of time. You as the owner of the server can interfere if you chose to, or if your server is compromised and bad code is implemented coins can be stolen. That is the reason that the guy that created blockchain.info said that all wallets that don't offer browserside signing WILL be hacked/scamed.

Well, of course the guy would say that. Everyone will say their product is better.

The fact is: you need to decrypt the wallet at some point in order to spend coins. The decryption can happen on the browser or the server, and to decrypt it you will need to type your password.

Don't forget when you sign up in blockchain.info you ALSO type your password on their website. There's no guarantee that they didn't save a copy of your password somewhere.

What I am saying is that I don't see the "save in the browser" as being any safer, to me this is more marketing that actual security. If there's any security experts here please prove me wrong (and I will be happy to be proven wrong).

You get this wrong i think. You don't operate on "their website". You can actually download the java code and run it WITHOUT internet connection, then you reconnect and broadcast the transaction.

There is a BIG difference. They are NOT able to steal your password.

He isn't some random actually, but one of the most respected member of the whole bitcoin community.

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:35:24 PM

Just to inform, 0.7.6 runs smoothly on Android TV stick public node.

For a while Smiley

+1
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:35:34 PM

Question:

How is that possible?

The thing is that NRS does not yet have API to accept signed transactions. CFB is working on that, as I understand it.

Once that is done, the browser can sign the transaction and broadcast it to any public node.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Question:

How is that possible?

The thing is that NRS does not yet have API to accept signed transactions. CFB is working on that, as I understand it.

Once that is done, the browser can sign the transaction and broadcast it to any public node.

Oh, i though that is ready already. Well then this is on hold anyway.

bitcoinpaul

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:37:48 PM

Maybe change it to a simpler version:

Unregistered users = 3 votes per hour!
Just click 3 times on the VOTE Button for NXT - that's it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLEASE VOTE! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Much color, so many less words, yammy nxt Shocked
bitcoinpaul

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:38:18 PM

QUICK UPDATE

Another great day for nxt!
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:40:42 PM

Does anybody know how to create the redeemScript bytes?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg5241415#msg5241415

Within a few days from when I can solve this, I should be able to get a test version of automated multisig gateways released. please help.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
ChuckOne

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:42:37 PM

It's an Amazon AWS EC2, I have a lot of experience working with AWS.

Great. Smiley That should be it.

Regardless of the issues presented above. I think you did a great service to NXT. Have you already been supported/funded by some of these committees?

For the online wallet - no.

Don't know where to add a request. Maybe somebody could help on that?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2014, 06:42:53 PM

I found a very good explanation of blockchain.info, can any dev read this and tell me how much work it would be to clone this (it is all opensource!!) ?
We can make this work after the local signing is available.

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5249/how-secure-is-blockchain-info

antanst

Activity: 294
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:43:13 PM

Abuelau, ChuckOne, you should really read this:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/technical-faq

and pay attention to TwinWinNerD. If you can't sign transactions offline (that is without transmitting private keys to anyone), you can't build a secure web wallet. Period.

The way to do this in the browser is via JS a-la blockchain.info.

abuelau

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:43:29 PM

You get this wrong i think. You don't operate on "their website". You can actually download the java code and run it WITHOUT internet connection, then you reconnect and broadcast the transaction.

There is a BIG difference. They are NOT able to steal your password.

He isn't some random actually, but one of the most respected member of the whole bitcoin community.

I understand what you are saying. But I think you don't understand what I am saying. Tell me one scenario where an attacker would be able to steal your NXT from wallet.mynxt.info but not your Bitcoins from Blockchain.info using the same technique.

Btw, I am not questioning any individual. Blockchain.info is a company and as such you would expect it to do what companies do (earn money, spend money, do marketing, sales, plans, etc).

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:44:19 PM

Maybe change it to a simpler version:

Unregistered users = 3 votes per hour!
Just click 3 times on the VOTE Button for NXT - that's it!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PLEASE VOTE! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Much color, so many less words, yammy nxt Shocked

We should be in 1st place in a little bit.
Pages: « 1 ... 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: