Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:45:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761530 times)
chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:30:39 PM

By the power vested in me by being full of hot air and having a big mouth, I hereby declare the period for accepting NXT Funding Committee nominations to be over.

Anybody that has a problem with that, quote just the red line above and give it a -1.  God help us if that happens.

And I'm a dictator that's gonna step down on March 7, the day after I get back from representing NXT at Texas Bitcoin Conference.  Because on that day, there WILL be elected committees.  (I hope).

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:34:43 PM

I would like to code stuff, but no thanks to C++ I lean towards the latter. Like, towards the end of every year when I'm free, I hunker down, write prototypes, then tear my hair in frustration.

I'd really like a language that offers the low-level control and efficiency of C, the higher-level abstractions like objects, templates, inheritance and polymorphism of C++ (I could give up some things like virtual methods though), and the clean syntax of Python (imo, whitespace *should* be an integral part of syntax). I don't need cross-platform support, Windows is fine for now, I'm happy to port to specific platforms that I'm interested in. Does this language exist?

D or Rust maybe?

Thanks for the recommendations. But I look at their homepages and straight off the bat I see curly braces and semicolons. In C++ these cause a lot of premature baldness-inducing compiler messages. (e.g. Ian's example about taking days to track one ; down). Is it also the case for these languages?

@Ian: I know you can use different languages for different purposes and parts of the code, then link them together, so you can choose the language for the job so to speak. But the linking processes are messy, weird baldness-inducing things can happen. And when I need to use C++, I'd still like it to be a joy to work with, rather than a pain.

I guess I'm a generalist. I'd like to one day finish a real game, and other stuff, but when I see that I have to deal with specific quirks for each language and wrestle with syntax, I just feel like it's not worth the frustration and I go do other things.

CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:34:58 PM

This whole coin was dead in the water. The new tech is laughable and nothing that cannot be wrapped into BTC directly or through a 3rd party app. These coins live and die on their communities, and starting with a large centralized developer with major investors backing it does not seem like a good way to start a strong community. Real cryptocoins benefit everybody with equal opportunity. Coins like this one benefit the developers most of all, by far. Forget this coin. It is the anti-crypto.

Anti-crypto? *yawn*
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:52:58 PM

I guess I'm a generalist. I'd like to one day finish a real game, and other stuff, but when I see that I have to deal with specific quirks for each language and wrestle with syntax, I just feel like it's not worth the frustration and I go do other things.

And unfortunately "general purpose" programming languages always end up with their own little quirks (because they haven't been designed to do "one thing" and "do it well").

If you are comfortable with the idea of "functional programming" (which SQL is a basic example of) then I'd suggest also looking into Haskall.

But "the future" will likely be more along the lines of lots of small "domain specific languages" and "code generators" - the CIYAM software platform itself works this way (there isn't a single line of "manual code" used in the CIYAM Open web application).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:58:35 PM

Life sucks when you are a NXT whale, please follow me in the day of an NXT whale:
10 am: just woke up taking a shower and have breakfast.
11 am: after breakfast first computer session, first determine the price NXT will be for the day, programming the trading-bot accordingly and let it run.
12 am: aperitif with some friends, lunch and take some rest.
Afternoon 2 pm: sell the BTC the trading-bot gathered and cash out to the bank.
3 pm: enjoying life

And this day after day since December,

I hate BCNExt  because he was not looking if there were suckpuppet accounts, this way I had over 100M NXT, the problem is I will never get them sold in NXT lifetime that is why NXT is epic failing. Well that is the other side of the medallion, so the biggest problem is not the price of NXT but how do I get them all out before NXT is just another shitcoin.

To all bagholders, I will dump to 0.00006
Have fun
Zahlen

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:58:49 PM

But "the future" will likely be more along the lines of lots of small "domain specific languages" - the CIYAM software platform itself works this way (there isn't a single line of "manual code" used in it).

Ouch. That would totally not be my thing.

Thanks for recommending Haskell, I'll check it out.

Maybe, once AT is up and running, I could work on, or work with the high-level language(s) built on it.

EDIT: Emule, I can help you get out of Nxt faster, just send them to 7436197154535225138. No need to wait on slow-ass exchanges! Grin

EDIT 2: Hmm, why does Xtnd (my working name for the higher-lev language built on top of the AT op codes) have to be limited to only Nxt scripts? It's based on processor-optimized basic codes, it could be Xtnded to do much more. But Ian's warning about general purpose languages acquiring their own quirks comes to mind...

Can the burden of dealing with quirks ever be shifted to compilers/linkers/IDEs/the design of the language, instead of remaining on the programmer? How well has usability for coders been studied?

Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:08:45 PM

Life sucks when you are a NXT whale, please follow me in the day of an NXT whale:
11 am: after breakfast first computer session, first determine the price NXT will be for the day, programming the trading-bot accordingly and let it run.

I hate BCNExt  because he was not looking if there were suckpuppet accounts, this way I had over 100M NXT, the problem is I will never get them sold in NXT lifetime that is why NXT is epic failing. Well that is the other side of the medallion, so the biggest problem is not the price of NXT but how do I get them all out before NXT is just another shitcoin.

Have fun

Hahahahahh <3

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:13:23 PM

Have fun

I smiled.
verymuchso

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

JeanLuc

For 0.8.0 could you possibly do something about the use of the *current directory*, for the old NRS client it seemed fine to base the database location (among other things) on the user's current directory. For a cross platform desktop application that leads to all kinds of troubles.

Since we are using the same vm instance for both the client and NXT we have to instruct users how to open the client. They must navigate to such and such folder before they double click the launcher.

All this would be solved if you'd use some form of externally settable property for things such as database location.

Thanks for posting the 0.8.0 api! It's been of help already.

chanc3r

Activity: 952
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:17:07 PM

Have fun

I feel for everyone on Gox but for once I hope that's where his bot was setup to send his ill-gotten-gains

igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:18:36 PM

The NSA just did what?
By Brian Hicks | Friday, February 21st, 2014

In July 2008, a meeting occurred.
It involved a team of top-level NSA operatives that had been assigned to a single task...

To create an entire currency system out of thin air.

Over the span of several weeks (and who knows how many cups of coffee), this consortium of intelligence banged their heads together in an attempt to fulfill their directive.
Then, a light bulb went on...
And several days later, the NSA operatives shared a congratulatory drink, shook hands, and exited their conference room with what amounted to a nine-page research paper.
With smiles on their faces, they all agreed on one thing: It was time go live!
Thing is, I've been following this situation for some time now, and I can tell you one thing is for sure...
What these NSA operatives derived for their own good could actually hand you $148,500 in pure profits over the next several months.
It may sound crazy, but once you see the full story for yourself, I think you'll understand why this situation is so explosively profitable.
Check it out for yourself right here... http://www.angelnexus.com/o/web/56035
Good Investing,

Brian Hicks
Publisher, Energy and Capital
McDoxy

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:28:12 PM

Have fun

5 pm: post FUD on the Nxt thread
6 pm: laugh
8 pm: getting sent to bed by mum
McDoxy

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:29:51 PM

The NSA just did what?
By Brian Hicks | Friday, February 21st, 2014

In July 2008, a meeting occurred.
It involved a team of top-level NSA operatives that had been assigned to a single task...

To create an entire currency system out of thin air.

Over the span of several weeks (and who knows how many cups of coffee), this consortium of intelligence banged their heads together in an attempt to fulfill their directive.
Then, a light bulb went on...
And several days later, the NSA operatives shared a congratulatory drink, shook hands, and exited their conference room with what amounted to a nine-page research paper.
With smiles on their faces, they all agreed on one thing: It was time go live!
Thing is, I've been following this situation for some time now, and I can tell you one thing is for sure...
What these NSA operatives derived for their own good could actually hand you $148,500 in pure profits over the next several months.
It may sound crazy, but once you see the full story for yourself, I think you'll understand why this situation is so explosively profitable.
Check it out for yourself right here... http://www.angelnexus.com/o/web/56035
Good Investing,

Brian Hicks
Publisher, Energy and Capital

What a bunch of baloney
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:30:32 PM

Have fun

To be 16 again...
Isildur23

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:37:46 PM

Have fun

5 pm: post FUD on the Nxt thread
6 pm: laugh
7 pm: take pills
8 pm: getting sent to bed by mum
FIFY Wink

Ties are a prison for the soul...
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:56:17 PM

I just got this tweet;

"I have some NXT. Just not convinced on forging. My money/interest is on Ethereum with all due respect to NXT."

S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:57:24 PM

Just got this e-mail back from MintPal after informing them that Nxt should not be Nextcoin.

Hi Mario,

It is actually called Nextcoin from what I can see
https://nextcoin.org/

Thanks though.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/08/Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif
FUCK OFF GRAVITON!!!
sorry guys
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

I want to buy nxt @0.00006 very much)))
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:00:01 PM

Be careful. Scam!

Note: Anyone found trolling NEX threads and claiming it is a scam will have the same post quoted in this thread.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:02:14 PM

SCAMHuh

Please do not spam NEX threads with this garbage or it will be spammed back to your thread.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: