Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:16:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:13:39 PM

Code:
struct gateway_info
{
    long balance,deposits,withdrawals,tbd __attribute__ ((packed));
};

struct gateway_AM
{
    long amount __attribute__ ((packed));
    long unspent __attribute__ ((packed));
    long change __attribute__ ((packed));
};

You're using a 64-bit OS, I see.  Wink

long is only guaranteed to be a minimum of 32-bits in length and it's actual size is both OS and compiler dependent.  The int64_t type is guaranteed to be at least 64-bits in length in any environment.

fixed, though it has to be exactly 64 bits as it is being use to communicate to the gateway servers. It cant be more

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:22:18 PM

^[GS]^, 2Kool4Skewl, abuelau, Allwelder , Anon136, Arckam_(frmelin), bitcoinpaul, bloodyrookie, brooklynbtc, buybitcoinscanada, Chanc3r
, ChuckOne, CIYAM, Cointropolis_JustabitTime, Come_from_Beyond, Damelon, Damelon, Davetrouser, drevil, EmoneyRu, EvilDave
, ferment, Fry, hughmanwho, Jean_Luc, jefdiesel, jl777, Joefox, Klee, l8orre, landomata, laowai80, Mario123, msin, mww
, nexetrn, Nifty_Nickel, opticalcarrier, Pandaisftw, Passion_ltc, PeercoinEnthusiast, pinarello, Pouncer, rickyjame, Ricot, salsacz, SecondLeo, smaragda, TaiZen, TwinWinNerD, Uniqueorn , Utopianfuture, VanBreuk, Wesleyh, Zahlen, ZeroTheGreat

thank you R

I think there are people on the list that don"t want to be part of the committees, I hope they see it in time and let you know to delete them from the list.

Also treasures should not be member of the committees imo

xyzzyx

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:25:16 PM

long is only guaranteed to be a minimum of 32-bits in length and it's actual size is both OS and compiler dependent.  The int64_t type is guaranteed to be at least 64-bits in length in any environment.
fixed, though it has to be exactly 64 bits as it is being use to communicate to the gateway servers. It cant be more

I'm pretty sure the intX_t and uintX_t types are exact-width, but I don't have a reference near me at the moment to look it up (which is why I said int64_t was "at least" 64-bits above.)   I can look this up later tonight to be sure if you need.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:30:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the intX_t and uintX_t types are exact-width, but I don't have a reference near me at the moment to look it up (which is why I said int64_t was "at least" 64-bits above.)   I can look this up later tonight to be sure if you need.

I am pretty sure it is exact. I just got concerned when you said at least.
Got all money code converted to int64 so I am ready to start debugging actual deposit/withdraw process when I wake up. I am ashamed of the horrible parsing code, but I just want to get it working first, refactor later.

Anyway, its almost noon after allnighter, gotta take a nap before debugging

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:41:22 PM

Hmm.. you are the second person to say this to me. I have no clue why. Anyone has any idea?  Huh
the same to me,I cannt post there too.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:43:07 PM

I would like to code stuff, but no thanks to C++ I lean towards the latter. Like, towards the end of every year when I'm free, I hunker down, write prototypes, then tear my hair in frustration.

I'd really like a language that offers the low-level control and efficiency of C, the higher-level abstractions like objects, templates, inheritance and polymorphism of C++ (I could give up some things like virtual methods though), and the clean syntax of Python (imo, whitespace *should* be an integral part of syntax). I don't need cross-platform support, Windows is fine for now, I'm happy to port to specific platforms that I'm interested in. Does this language exist?

D or Rust maybe?

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:44:19 PM

CIYAM, I'm really amazed by your patience.

When you've traversed the depths of thousands of lines of code in order to find a bug that is as simple as an incorrect comma (and taken literally days to do so) then you will either have learned to be very patient with some things or you will have decided that computer programming is not for you.

I have lot of patience when it comes to code and debugging... (as I know I'll eventually beat them)
I can't say I have that much patience when it comes to arguing with people...

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:49:49 PM

They are *exactly* the number of bits their names suggest (that's why they were created). It is the normal C types like "int" and "long" which the Standard can only give vague ideas about size (such as sizeof( long ) >= sizeof( int ), etc.).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:52:22 PM

I have lot of patience when it comes to code and debugging... (as I know I'll eventually beat them)
I can't say I have that much patience when it comes to arguing with people...

I'd have to say that I am the same - so I prefer not to "argue" with people but instead try "discuss" with them (it doesn't always work mind you especially in a forum like this one). Provided that it doesn't turn into an argument then I can remain quite patient (if it starts to head that way I would normally "move on").

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
rickyjames

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:52:55 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 07:33:16 PM by rickyjames

Also treasures should not be member of the committees imo

Sigh.  For the record, there's a difference between being a "treasurer" and being a "designated spending authority".

James / jl777 is the sole "designated spending authority" for NXTcommunityfund and NXTcashfunds, which are run by him as an individual with no committee structure.  He is like Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy all rolled up into one, he can give those funds out as he sees fit to anybody he feels is helping NXT.   He gets to do this because NXTcommunityfund and NXTcashfunds are private funds set up by neer.g and Pouncer as a private deal with James.  Anybody contributing to these funds (and contributions are encouraged!) does so with the understanding that James is the ultimate designated spending authority from the original private deal that set up these funds.

I am a treasurer of NXTcommunityfund and NXTcashfunds.  I have the password to those funds and nobody else does.  I COULD spend this NXT, but I have NO authority to do so.  I only spend exactly what James tells me to do exactly as he says, no more, no less.  Public access to the blockchain and audit spreadsheets is the check and balance on ME and how the community keeps me honest.  

Now, James can't just spend these funds on HIMSELF with no oversight.  If James designates funds to be sent to HIM instead of SOMEBODY ELSE, then I have to clear it with neer.g or Pouncer first.  That is the check and balance on this huge power James has.  He doesn't have the password to the money, and somebody else has to give him permission to spend it on his own projects.

So, a "treasurer" has no real power except the power of trust and honesty.  They exist only as a check-and-balance against the "designated spending authority" going nuts and running off with all the NXT.  And the first thing an elected fund committee is going to have to do is decide which ONE of their members is going to be the "designated spending authority" that signs the orders that goes to the treasurers.

Now, I'm going to run for a seat on the infrastructure committee because I am a hardware guy, not a coder, and setting up a worldwide network to support NXT at 1000 TPS looks like a really interesting challenge to me.  I am going to run for this position even tho I am a treasurer on other funds.  I don't think there's a problem with that.  If that bothers people after reading the explanation above, then they can vote against me and I won't get in.

And I'll accept that if it happens.  We'll see.
Mario123

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:54:32 PM

Just got this e-mail back from MintPal after informing them that Nxt should not be Nextcoin.

Hi Mario,

It is actually called Nextcoin from what I can see
https://nextcoin.org/

Thanks though.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:56:36 PM

By the power vested in me by being full of hot air and having a big mouth, I hereby declare the period for accepting NXT Funding Committee nominations to be over.

Anybody that has a problem with that, quote just the red line above and give it a -1.  God help us if that happens.

And I'm a dictator that's gonna step down on March 7, the day after I get back from representing NXT at Texas Bitcoin Conference.  Because on that day, there WILL be elected committees.  (I hope).

+1. No gods, no kings, no temporary big-mouthed hot air always young at heart benevolent dictators, only committees Nxters.

Hi Mario,

Thanks though.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

God help us all.

abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:59:03 PM

Just got this e-mail back from MintPal after informing them that Nxt should not be Nextcoin.

Hi Mario,

Thanks though.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

- thanks to ...

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Hi Mario,

Thanks though.

Regards,
Jay
​MintPal

Wonderful…

@ allwelder >

ATTENTION: The promo thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477526.0) has been locked in Bitcointalk, so we will have to continue in a new thread in nextcoin.org: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4137.0.html

Please post in the nextcoin thread to be receive the 10 NXT and be considered for the 1000 NXT prize.

abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:00:29 PM

ATTENTION MyNXT WALLET USERS: The promo thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477526.0) has been locked in Bitcointalk, so we will have to continue in a new thread in nextcoin.org: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4137.0.html

Please post in the nextcoin thread to be receive the 10 NXT and be considered for the 1000 NXT prize.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:01:25 PM

Wink

btc2nxt

Activity: 236

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:02:22 PM

@CFB and others, would it be good if assets listed on exchange were somehow grouped? To bring order to the chaos. Some generic groups such as "currency", "ipo", etc..

Will this help if u have 1000 assets in a group?

At first ,i thinked asset should has many feathers: like type,brand
but now,  assets in nxt  have simple contents may be better, nxt asset in layer 1
because  like type,brand,group of asset ,client (layer 2)can sort or group them.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:15:29 PM

Downloaded the Nxt client a month ago. That java code thing just pissed me off. Why cant you make a simple setup icon ?
No matter the technical progress if your client cant even be installed. Main problem of this coin and 95% of the altcoins out there is that the developpers just do not have any sense of communication.

No sense of communication.......at the end of a 1900 page thread.
Any else see the irony here?

Looking at the top of the top NXT accounts, those with the biggest holdings. I see almost no movement of NXT and i'm thinking what are they're thinking.

What good is it if you have millions and millions if NXT in the end will be worth less than if you did something with those millions and bought something that would actually help NXT?

Isn't it better to start thinking in terms of maybe you should do something with that money because in the end 20M will be worth more than 50M because those 30M spent made a huge positive difference.

I'm going to add my voice to BitcoinForumators. We do have a community fund, whale dudes.
The way I see it: u have to speculate to accumulate.

The value of any NXT u lose by throwing it into the community fund will come back to u as an increased fiat value for the remaining NXT, so you don't have much to lose.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
verymuchso

Activity: 421

HEAT Ledger

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:18:34 PM

@CFB and others, would it be good if assets listed on exchange were somehow grouped? To bring order to the chaos. Some generic groups such as "currency", "ipo", etc..

Will this help if u have 1000 assets in a group?

At first ,i thinked asset should has many feathers: like type,brand
but now,  assets in nxt  have simple contents may be better, nxt asset in layer 1
because  like type,brand,group of asset ,client (layer 2)can sort or group them.

There is no need for this. Assets, Transactions, Accounts all have global unique identifiers clients can store anything they want with that as long as they store it themselves. It would be bad to put this in the protocol.

allwelder
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 02:23:10 PM

@ allwelder >

ATTENTION: The promo thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=477526.0) has been locked in Bitcointalk, so we will have to continue in a new thread in nextcoin.org: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4137.0.html

catch it ,thank you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: