Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761527 times)
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

What the hell?  So we got an anonymous BCNext exclusively talking to an anonymous CfB about some vague plans that are too be revealed.

Can you really take all of this seriously?!

So if CfB bails (like he has said he plans on doing),  who does BCNext speak too?  Anyone else have a private line to the founder?

Misrepresenting facts. Spinny, spinny spin!

"Bailing" is running away.

His contract ends. That's something different and it's good that we know this.

I'd rather hear it now than a week in advance.

Also, why do you care?

CfB did say he wanted to bail and work on his *new* crypto-currency.

So when he does leave,  who speaks to the BCNext founder?  Anyone else have a hot line?  Who, other than CfB has the source code?

That's a good question, and it hasn't been answered yet. CfB will leave in two months. That is the window to decide that. I'd rather he worked in that time and the question will become more urgent and then answered as the time goes by.

His *new* currency is built on TOP of Nxt. Fancy you didn't know that.

It's a worrying trend you have: you ask some valid questions, but then turn out to have very limited knowledge. You make accusations based on half facts. If you are truly a professional, how would someone who contracts you react to that?
The facts are all publicly available, but at every point you seem to think you need to have these facts presented to you on a platter.

The argument "this thread is too long" really isn't valid. You could just read CfB's posts from his profile. That may take a few hours, but if you are truly as professional as you profess to be at some times, you could do this easily.

In a normal work environment your behaviour would be regarded as highly disruptive. Spreading panic based on half facts is silly.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:58:37 PM

What the hell?  So we got an anonymous BCNext exclusively talking to an anonymous CfB about some vague plans that are too be revealed.

Can you really take all of this seriously?!

So if CfB bails (like he has said he plans on doing),  who does BCNext speak too?  Anyone else have a private line to the founder?

Misrepresenting facts. Spinny, spinny spin!

"Bailing" is running away.

His contract ends. That's something different and it's good that we know this.

I'd rather hear it now than a week in advance.

Also, why do you care?

CfB did say he wanted to bail and work on his *new* crypto-currency.

So when he does leave,  who speaks to the BCNext founder?  Anyone else have a hot line?  Who, other than CfB has the source code?

Jean-Luc has the source code and is the core developer.

http://info.nxtcrypto.org/jean-luc-new-core-developer/

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:05:36 PM

it is hurting NXT no matter what.
it is hurting current price of 1 NXT no matter what.
Fixed.
translation:
"It helps the wide and easy distribution"

Smiley Yes. BCNext doesn't care about the price.

This is trivializing my question and misinterpreting my statements.
I said it hurts NXT, not the price, but NXT itself.

I would think BCNext too would have the insight to understand that having a common goal to work towards is healthy for the community, but perhaps he is truly that bad at reading people and markets. I don't know, I don't know anything about him really.

All I know is that YOU CfB talk about his upcoming plans as if they will change and make sense of everything and then when someone is even a tadbit critical, you get all defensive and accuse others of relying on BCNext. That is just wrong in my opinion.

Again: all I want is more info so we can collaborate as a unified community towards a common goal. Why you keep mentioning the price of 1 NXT is beyond me.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:07:13 PM

Again: all I want is more info so we can collaborate as a unified community towards a common goal. Why you keep mentioning the price of 1 NXT is beyond me.

It's impossible to hurt Nxt. It's a concept, abstract idea. That's why I thought that u were talking about the price.
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:07:32 PM

I would think BCNext too would have the insight to understand that having a common goal to work towards is healthy for the community

Well, we have 2 options:

1. Take current version of Nxt and keep develop it in our own way, without changes added by BCNext
2. Wait for 2nd and 3rd parts of BCNext's plan, read them and decide if we need to follow them. If we don't then see point 1.

In any case we lose nothing. Nxt already has more features than Bitcoin.

2 1+2 is the wise choice. This incredible community can create fantastic things. If we would solely rely on BCNext plans we would miss chances to develop great ideas and features BCNext wouldn't thought of. Why not merge OUR ideas with BCNext ideas?

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:08:24 PM

I would think BCNext too would have the insight to understand that having a common goal to work towards is healthy for the community, but perhaps he is truly that bad at reading people and markets. I don't know, I don't know anything about him really.

All I know is that YOU CfB talk about his upcoming plans as if they will change and make sense of everything and then when someone is even a tadbit critical, you get all defensive and accuse others of relying on BCNext. That is just wrong in my opinion.

I have to agree.  Im very confused with all the puzzles and riddles as well.  It concerns me when CfB is dumping, all the while saying "BCNext said to trust no one on the internet, especially if they are named BCNext"
 Huh
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:09:16 PM

Update on the bandwidth question: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,3755.0.html

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
ImmortAlex

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:10:50 PM

LET SING THE US NATIONAL ANTHEM TOGETHER!
Plagiarism...
smartwart

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

By the way, we didin't have a voting discussion in a long time.
How about voting power is proportional to the fees paid in the last X month by that account?
This still allows the biggest wallet to win but helps getting some coins into circulation and only allows active users to have a vote. Plus it should be easy to verify.

Update: Collecting Voting Models and Options

More and more it becomes clear there is not THE ONE way for VS.
But there are different poll-categories, e.g "assets polls" is different category as "best button-color polls".

The poll initiator should be able to choose boundary conditions depending on poll-topic.
The poll boundary conditions need to be transparent during run time.
To be more constructive lets try to collect some "Voting Models":

general options:

- min. permitted Account Deposit

- min. permitted Account age (Blocks)

- poll duration (Blocks)

- Voting Fee

Voting Models:

+ 1 NXT        ==   1 Vote  { vote = Func(accountBalance) }

+ 1 NXT        ==   X Vote  { x = Func(accountBalance) =  polynom * accountBalance}

+ 1 Account  ==  1 Vote   { vote = Func(accountBalance) =  0.5 * accountBalance}

Jcsarokrin:
+ 1 Account  ==  1 Vote   { Biometric Authenification: http://juliansarokin.com/100-years-the-future-of-government/ }

ChuckOne:  
+  1 Account  ==   X Vote = X( Voting Fee ) = log(fee)+1
+  1 NXT       ==    X Vote = X( Voting Fee, Account Deposit)   =  log(fee/balance)+1

Anon136:
+ 1 Account + 1 solved captcha  ==   1Vote

MarvellousMutant:
+ 1 Account   ==  X Vote = X(TransactionFee)                             =  log(tractFee)+1
+ 1 Account   ==  X Vote = X(TransactionFee, TransactionNumber)  =  log(tractFee*TransactionNumber)+1

no claim to completeness!

We need to discuss selection options too:
[true]    [false]    [abstention]
I think [abstention] provides an important information too.
E.g. a high count of [abstention] tells the poll creator "interesting question buddy, but not this way!!!" ...

It makes sense to collect all ideas to keep the overview.
Please extent the "general options" and "voting models" and "selection options" ideas!!!

@ MarvellousMutant:

I was adding some assumptions based on your approach.
Please feel free to modify it or add something!!!

NxT: 13574045486980287597
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:13:06 PM

Im very confused with all the puzzles and riddles as well.  It concerns me when CfB is dumping, all the while saying "BCNext said to trust no one on the internet, especially if they are named BCNext"
 Huh

Dumping? What r u talking about?
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:16:09 PM

Im very confused with all the puzzles and riddles as well.  It concerns me when CfB is dumping, all the while saying "BCNext said to trust no one on the internet, especially if they are named BCNext"
 Huh

He needs to anonymize his NXT in order to invest in a company. A company which will use Nxt, btw.
ImmortAlex

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:17:42 PM

Huh

opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:18:45 PM

well not dumping on an exchange, you are trying to get rid of all your NXT.  Or did I confuse your post?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:19:21 PM

well not dumping on an exchange, you are trying to get rid of all your NXT.  Or did I confuse your post?

U did.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:24:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9miCOsg4g

From 0:53:00 onward - the importance of the first mover and the timeframe of the rollout of features from competition...
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:26:45 PM

Fixed.
translation:

What specific info do you want?  I believe CFB has been pretty straight forward about what is being implemented in the future.  We have several features and more on the way, things take time to develop.  
gs02xzz

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:31:59 PM

I would think BCNext too would have the insight to understand that having a common goal to work towards is healthy for the community

Well, we have 2 options:

1. Take current version of Nxt and keep develop it in our own way, without changes added by BCNext
2. Wait for 2nd and 3rd parts of BCNext's plan, read them and decide if we need to follow them. If we don't then see point 1.

2 1+2 is the wise choice. This incredible community can create fantastic things. If we would solely rely on BCNext plans we would miss chances to develop great ideas and features BCNext wouldn't thought of. Why not merge OUR ideas with BCNext ideas?

I don't think BCNext can give us as much information as we want because someone else will simply copy his ideas before we can implement them. We are not ready yet. We are lucky to have cfb to answer all the questions.
pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:33:41 PM

LET SING THE US NATIONAL ANTHEM TOGETHER!

Which one?

Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:35:23 PM

Fixed.
translation:

What specific info do you want?  I believe CFB has been pretty straight forward about what is being implemented in the future.  We have several features and more on the way, things take time to develop.  

Specifically I want more openness. CfB keeps talking about what will happen and mention BCNexts mysterious future plans as if they are the game changer, yet we, the people, get no knowledge of this until later on.
My question is basically: Why?

Why the need for secrecy and mystery? It simply cause confusion and uncertainty, which is the last thing you need in a new world that is ruled by scams, empty promises and paranoia. Hell BCNext who is so paranoid he wont even post anymore should understand this better than anyone.
NXT needs branding and marketing, it seems finally that everyone understands this, but then it shouldn't be hard to realize that the current atmosphere of uncertainty hurts NXT and lead important people away from NXT.
As someone who has worked in this area of NXT for almost 2 months now I can tell you that the biggest obstacle NXT has faced is to convince people it's not a IPO scam due to the very bad distribution. There is A LOT of uncertainty resting over NXT that hurts NXT.

Like CfB mentions over and over, we the community shouldn't rely on BCNext and that we need to develope ourselves. This is all fine and well, but then he turns around and says that the upcoming secret plans is where the real juice is at and just adds further uncertainty to everything which again lead the developers to view NXT as too uncertain to invest time and energy into. It's just one big mess.

If the reason is that he fears that someone will copy his ideas then that is obviously understandable, but why can't he then state that officially?
I just don't see why it is so hard for him to communicate to the community through CfB and remove all of this lingering uncertainty.

I have nothing against CfB, CfB knows this very well and noone is mad that things take time, but if we had more info on why certain things takes the time it does and so on then it would be easier for all of us to help out with things. It's really that simple.
Uniqueorn

NXT.org

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:37:56 PM

Well, we have 2 options:

I don't think BCNext can give us as much information as we want because someone else will simply copy his ideas before we can implement them. We are not ready yet. We are lucky to have cfb to answer all the questions.

Then he should just come right out and explain why he choose to do it this way and then we'd have our answer.
Also CfB is gone in 2 months, if by then we haven't managed to quench all of this and become a unified community, well.... that wont be pretty
Pages: « 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 [1450] 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: