Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:31:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:01:51 PM

node17.nxtbase.com      node17.nxtbase.com      7'000      96 B      453 B      NRS (0.4.9e) @ 22k

Did this person leave nxt in the closet and only coming back in one years time to see the price change?  Grin

He got paid for that VPSs. Why he should care about them now?

P.S. current peer record    
Code:
109.194.162.16		-		0		1'778 B		5'423 B		NRS (0.4.8) @ PC

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:11:48 PM

Introducing tipNXT.com

With tipNXT.com you can tip any Nxt user worldwide!

- It's possible to create a link which will redirect you to a tipping formular.
- You can also click on the button "Quick tip" to open the blank tipping formular.
- On the front page you see the last 15 tips, you can click on the NXT ID's or the amount to get to the Blockchain Explorer.

How is this service funded?

100% through donations towards us. This is implemented in the tipping formular.

Can I trust you?

This is the biggest issue. Of course you can trust me! The domain is registered with my original name. On the contact page you can see a photo of me. I will stay for a long time in the Nxt community. Maybe my other services created a little trust towards me. Smiley

Can I send only a tip to another person, or only a tip towards tipNXT.com?

Yes! Just set one slider to zero for this.

I hope that this service will be used often! Thank you very much.

I don't get it. Why would I want to use this, enter my account secret via non-SSL, when I can tip an account with any client?

You won't use it. But the average joe will use it. Quickly pay or tip via a smartphone/tablet. Click on a link, insert an amount and you are finished. Wink

There is demand for a tipping platform. Tipping brings success. (See dogecoin!)

EmoneyRu

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:18:31 PM

I don't get it. Why would I want to use this, enter my account secret via non-SSL, when I can tip an account with any client?

Just another password collector with come random info @ contact page. Never mind.

lucky88888

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

https://nxtforum.org/

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:21:36 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 12:38:48 PM by lucky88888

Introducing tipNXT.com

- You can also click on the button "Quick tip" to open the blank tipping formular.
- On the front page you see the last 15 tips, you can click on the NXT ID's or the amount to get to the Blockchain Explorer.

Can I trust you?

This is the biggest issue. Of course you can trust me! The domain is registered with my original name. On the contact page you can see a photo of me. I will stay for a long time in the Nxt community. Maybe my other services created a little trust towards me. Smiley

EDIT: I think set the default slider to 0nxt or 1nxt would be more handy.
 Also it would be better if you always include fees required, and add a box which will show the amount of fee that will be deducted. Otherwise people are thinking they are going to send 1nxt tip out only to find out that they sent it to forgers.

Pretty Cool, once trust is set, people can even use this for everyday payments instead of tipping! Makes a easy and fuss free payment  Wink

Fuck Mt.Gox! Fuck Mintpal! Fuck Bter! FUCK kyc! Protect yourself use MGW! SUPERNET!
Recommended ASSET ->InstantDex : Lead Dev Jl777 (decentralized multi currency instant exchange)
Recommended ASSET -> Jinn : Lead Dev Come-from-Beyond (ternary processors!)
https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:23:34 PM

Just another password collector with come random info @ contact page. Never mind.

Don't talk about things you don't know. I'm putting much effort in my services. You can tip with accounts with a few NXT on them. Nobody is forcing you to use it.

abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:25:19 PM

Just another password collector with come random info @ contact page.
- disagree.

I think there is a big possibility in
.. average joe will use it. Quickly pay or tip via a smartphone/tablet. Click on a link, insert an amount and you are finished. Wink
There is demand for a tipping platform. Tipping brings success. (See dogecoin!)

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

EDIT: I think set the default slider to 0nxt or 1nxt would be more handy.
 Also it would be better if you always include fees required, and add a box which will show the amount of fee that will be deducted. Otherwise people are thinking they are going to send 1nxt tip out only to find out that they sent it to forgers.

Pretty Cool, once trust is set, people can even use this for everyday payments instead of tipping! Makes a easy and fuss free payment  Wink

I set the slider for the donation to 0 NXT and for the tip to the user to 1 NXT.

The amount of fee is always 1. If you send a tip and a donation to tipNXT.com you have a fee of 2. I will add it later. Smiley

If you select 0, then there won't be a transaction, so you don't pay 2 NXT e.g. for sending a donation to only 1 party.

Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:45:39 PM

I am a bit concerned that there has been very little feedback on my recent proposals, blockchain FIFO and NXT plugin architecture.

This either means its Friday night and nobody has had a chance to think about them, or it is so ridiculous nobody bothered to comment, or maybe I am on everyone's ignore list?

Please, if you see anything wrong, now is the time to find it. Also, if you think it is mostly right, just +1 it or short comment. I feel like I am in a vacuum here...

James

P.S. I just cant believe that I got everything right as that is the fourth possibility.

Please slow down..you are crowding this thread with several concurrent walls of text....do you expect everyone to read and stick to your every post? it is becoming overwhelming..I think with short digestible posts bursts you will get your proposals across better

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
Ola

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:50:59 PM

I don't see why you would want a Nxt VM script to "output an email" (or do anything else outside of the blockchain for that matter) - you do understand that whether such email was actually even really sent simply *cannot be proven* (as you are dealing with SMTP rather than a blockchain)?

Also SMTP is going to require accounts that need to be signed into and you don't want to end up with people effectively running "relay servers" or they'll end up on email blacklists.

Wouldn't it make more sense for such things to be services instead?

About walking vs. running - you are getting far too excited jl777 - can you just take something to slow down to a pace that we can keep up with (by the time we've tried to discuss one of your ideas you typically have posted 3 others).

+ please take his advice

Bitventurer

Activity: 488

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 12:52:49 PM

Introducing tipNXT.com

Can I trust you?

man , this guy is a coding machine, very happy to start working with you very  soon...
ps: why aren’t you in jabber ?

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
Ola

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

I don't see why you would want a Nxt VM script to "output an email" (or do anything else outside of the blockchain for that matter) - you do understand that whether such email was actually even really sent simply *cannot be proven* (as you are dealing with SMTP rather than a blockchain)?

Also SMTP is going to require accounts that need to be signed into and you don't want to end up with people effectively running "relay servers" or they'll end up on email blacklists.

About walking vs. running - you are getting far too excited jl777 - can you just take something to slow down to a pace that we can keep up with (by the time we've tried to discuss one of your ideas you typically have posted 3 others).

NXTsmtp is just for proof of concept that incorporates something everybody is familiar with. I want to verify the peer verifiability of hardcoded NXTplugin followed by external NXTplugin. I am not worried about NXTsmtp for anything other than proving that NXTplugins work and are peer verified. At first I couldnt understand how on earth a DAC could be implemented. When I started thinking about email plugin, it became not as hard.

If the source to SMTP server is reviewed that it does send the email (backed up with test results) and as part of the sending process it adds a hash value of email to the blockchain. I think that allows peer verification, please explain where I am wrong. I am certain I have made mistakes somewhere and I am still coming up to speed with this whole decentralized blockchain approach.

The problem is that I see all of the things I am posting about as connected. Like the elephant described by different people. All sounds very different, but it is all the same elephant. If I described the elephant in its entirety, it wouldnt fit in posts. I feel a great sense of urgency due to competitive pressures.

James

P.S. I usually dont post when I am sleeping or flying Smiley

James,

First of all thank you for all your great ideas, but ...

My background is IT project manager and I am going crazy by you.

You throw 10 projects on the table but have not one worked out.

Please for starters pick on project, work it out from start to finish, than pick another.

As of now your way of working getting us nowhere.

You are ddossing us.

+1000 you are absolutely right...its like friendly fire from a comrade high on red bull

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:57:16 PM

man , this guy is a coding machine, very happy to start working with you very  soon...
ps: why aren’t you in jabber ?
Studying Higher Mathematics IV.. Wink

I will come online this evening.

Ola

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:04:05 PM

NXTsmtp is just for proof of concept that incorporates something everybody is familiar with. I want to verify the peer verifiability of hardcoded NXTplugin followed by external NXTplugin. I am not worried about NXTsmtp for anything other than proving that NXTplugins work and are peer verified. At first I couldnt understand how on earth a DAC could be implemented. When I started thinking about email plugin, it became not as hard.

If the source to SMTP server is reviewed that it does send the email (backed up with test results) and as part of the sending process it adds a hash value of email to the blockchain. I think that allows peer verification, please explain where I am wrong. I am certain I have made mistakes somewhere and I am still coming up to speed with this whole decentralized blockchain approach.

The problem is that I see all of the things I am posting about as connected. Like the elephant described by different people. All sounds very different, but it is all the same elephant. If I described the elephant in its entirety, it wouldnt fit in posts. I feel a great sense of urgency due to competitive pressures.

James

James,

exactly. it's like everyday there is something new. zerocoin, then turing complete language, then decentralized cross-chain exchanges, then plugins, then emails ... Why on earth would I want to use Nxt for emails? There are zillions of better email services, and Nxt already has  private messages.

Please try to understand I am using email as a proof of concept for a NXTplugin. I have stated repeatedly that it is not intended for actual usage, but rather to work out the issues of having NXTplugins.

zerocoin project is i progress. So are the other things. First everyone complains there is not enough tech, now the complaint is too much tech

I am not complaining at all, its your method...try to think about everybody elses input to your proposals...you don't even give us a chance.. I suggest you start by organizing these topics / proposals on other threads, and then come back and announce them here...your current approach is not productive for anybody

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:05:08 PM

make room for noble coin  in the top 10, dont take my word for it, read noble coin thread and you will be convinced,

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0

I was gonna slap greenbeans down as a trolling n00b, but I decided to check the thread first.  Wink
Noble looks pretty damn good, tbh, especially the depth in the community, merchants and charity projects.
Might still be a 1st gen scrypt coin, but it's a million miles away from some of the pump 'n' dump clusterfucks we've seen lately.
*kof* Maxcoin *kof*

Not saying i'm a convert, but these guys seem to be going in the right direction.

@James: u do need to slow down a bit, mate.
Love your input (when I understand it) but it can be a bit overwhelming trying to keep up with your flow of ideas.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
grandpa_seth

Activity: 316

Simcoin Puny Humans Communicator

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:12:35 PM

James

James,

Please for starters pick on project, work it out from start to finish, than pick another.

As of now your way of working getting us nowhere.

You are ddossing us.

+1
MyZhre

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:16:06 PM

hello Ola, how's your Poker project going?
I'm very interested in a completely decentralized gamble games.

NXT: 13997163105778396158
Bitventurer

Activity: 488

S P 8 D E

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 01:25:14 PM

I don't understand how people still get excited over a new alt-coin that does not offer anything new. Apparently most people think "new" means simply switching the block time and hashing algo, and all of a sudden you have "innovation". Out of hundreds of cryptocurrencies, there are only a handful that actually offer anything new, and maxcoin is not one of them.

Although, I suppose if I had a huge collection of GPUs, I'd be excited to make $k's of cash every time a new coin came out so I could mine and dump immediately... a sobering reminder that most miners don't care if they are securing the network, only that they are lining their pockets.

Which does bring me to my point - we need to market to a slightly different demographic. Marketing to those already invest in PoW coins is an inefficient use of resources, because if they can't mine it, they are not interested. Of course there are always exceptions, but if the accusations of "nxt is pre-mined!" are any indicator, most of the complaints are in-fact from miners. I'm not saying we shouldn't try to convert those invested in bitcoin and clones (we should, and we already are with LTB), but they should not be our main focus.

We need to be attracting people who are actually interested in innovation and smart investments. This means our focus is not on the majority of the cryptocurrency crowd, but on tech and business oriented people (Forbes, IEEE, universities, etc). We just have to present NXT in a manner that is easy to understand and why it completely blows all other coins out of the water. Right now is not quite the right time, but when nexern releases his client (along with the AE), we should have a very simple to install client as well as be able to show off the power of decentralized exchanges. We should not market to raise the price of NXT, but market to recruit talent and smart investors that will contribute (and not just ride the wave) to the NXT ecosystem. The price will rise as a side effect of the cumulative contribution. NXT is the only cryptocurrency platform that allows an exponentially growing ecosystem due to BCNext's decentralized vision - the rest of the coins are limited to what their developers can put out - NXT is unlimited.

Cryptocurrency crowd + tech / money people + ?

Who is / should be our target audience? Please comment and discuss.

Just want to catch on the discussion we had this afternoon about features and target audience for nxt.

1. (Possible) Features:
- TF for instant transactions
- TF + punishment against 50% attacks (correct?)
- no bloated blockchain
- energy friendly crypto
- mobile friendly crypto
- easy to add new features
- many many TPS
- parallel blockchains
- blockchain shrinking
- decentralized exchange
- colored coins
- decentralized voting/opiniongrabber
- decentralized AM (data storage, link storage (eg torrents), encrypted messaging, ...)
- dividend payouts (all fees per block) for everyone instead of mining of the few with lots of power
- Turing capability
- smart contracts
- anonymous transactions
- SMS gateway

2.Today it was clear that the nxt community isn't sure yet, which features are the most important ones, which could be ignored in favor of other features (some exclude each other), and who the target audience is. Would it be easier if we knew plan 2 and 3 from BCNext? I don't know. But regardless of BCNext's plans, we should discuss this topic in the community: which is our target audience now, next months and in one year? Does this depend on the features we implement or does the features depend on the audience we want to tackle? The answer is clear (or is nxt just fundamental research?) That's why we should discuss this.

Business people, developers, entrepreneurs, academics, marketers, philosophers, etc. People who can see raw potential, and do something about it. It's not a matter of IQ, but the willingness of that person to actually positively contribute. And these efforts can be profitable, they just take more effort than sitting back and pointing your computer in a certain direction. For example, I'm not particularly smart, but I do have a few ideas that I am coordinating with a friend that hopefully will be of use when AE is implemented. I also volunteer to edit papers, articles, etc.

So basically what I am saying is that, in the short-run, we need to be focusing our marketing efforts on getting doers on-board. I think we can all agree that users right now can't do much with NXT, so marketing to the Average Joe at this time will only serve to temporarily increase the market value, but not add any real substance behind NXT. Of course, for people to make services, people have to use those services, so that's why I said we should not completely ignore this segment of the market. I don't know the ideal split of our marketing focus, but something like 75% towards doers and 25% towards users. Can you imagine if all the features on the list were completed right now? The price would be through the roof in an instant. That will be us in the future, but we need a strong community to get us there first.

My viewpoint is actually quite similar to jl777's, we should do everything because we can - we're decentralized. We just have to get more people on-board that are capable of doing these things in the first place. With all the bounties he is handing out (I lost count), we simply have to spread awareness to the correct demographics, and we'll have people interested in innovating. And the best part is that all this stuff can be developed in parallel to the main core development, so that's a huge advantage as well.

I agree, we need articles/theses/dissertations first. It would be fantastic, if you wrote a letter - an invitation to Nxt for those people -  academics, philosophers, developers, entrepreneurs... Sending the letter to 1.000 universities would be easy for me, I just need a letter Cheesy

also consider forums like this one : http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/

SP8DE - The Game of Chance. Changed.
Ola

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:28:27 PM

its slowly progressing, will announce something soon...also it wouldn't be completely decentralized, at least from from an account settlement point of view..I thinks its impossible to have a completely decentralized poker as long as there is a profit motive rake...

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:39:55 PM

its slowly progressing, will announce something soon...also it wouldn't be completely decentralized, at least from from an account settlement point of view..I thinks its impossible to have a completely decentralized poker as long as there is a profit motive rake...

Neither without the profit motive rake is nearly impossible as the game state should be kept
and all peers should agree on the current game state.

EmoneyRu

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:43:51 PM

I think there is a big possibility in quickly pay or tip via a smartphone/tablet.

I think there is a big possibility in rainbow unicorn, so what?

Nxt is better that Bitcoin because paying via web is built-in feature. Just host your node and connect to it.

Pages: « 1 ... 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 [1556] 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: