Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:09:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176978 times)
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 12:32:14 AM

Bee7 has a great idea, which I think is a good compensation for the miners:

For now and before the issue is fixed (like we change to 3X for max PoW adjustment), the Grain dev team will send a compensation of 2K-5K for each PoW block mined, to the payout block address of that block. We will try to do it with a script in an automatic way. This will be done for all PoW blocks starting from block 100000. Before the script ready, we can send payout based on screenshots from solo miners and counts from pools.

I still need to determine the exact amount of complementary payout (possibly 5K) so that we will sustain at least for a month. Of course this can't go forever, but for now it is a good and reasonable way to move forward.

If I am mining on forkpool, what should I do to get the payouts?

I think you should go to your profile and configure the withdrawal address there. Just pick one on the 'Receive' tab of your wallet and insert it at forkpool where appropriate.

Thanks, yet I meant to get the "bonus" payouts for a block finder that Bosian had mentioned about?

bee7

Activity: 574
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:12:21 AM

For now and before the issue is fixed (like we change to 3X for max PoW adjustment), the Grain dev team will send a compensation of 2K-5K for each PoW block mined, to the payout block address of that block. We will try to do it with a script in an automatic way. This will be done for all PoW blocks starting from block 100000. Before the script ready, we can send payout based on screenshots from solo miners and counts from pools.

I still need to determine the exact amount of complementary payout (possibly 5K) so that we will sustain at least for a month. Of course this can't go forever, but for now it is a good and reasonable way to move forward.

I think you should go to your profile and configure the withdrawal address there. Just pick one on the 'Receive' tab of your wallet and insert it at forkpool where appropriate.

Thanks, yet I meant to get the "bonus" payouts for a block finder that Bosian had mentioned about?

When the procedure will be established the top payouts will be send to the same addresses that the corresponding PoW block reward was sent. The initial idea was to do it once a day, but you pointed out that the pools are mining too (sorry, I forgot about that Cheesy ). I see it feasible to send the top payment for a solved block in a way that both the mined coins mature and the top tx is confirmed very close to each other (with a difference +- one block on the network). This way the usual mechanism to distribute that extra top payment among the miners at the pool need to be only slightly modified or need not to be modified at all.

As for the blocks already mined since block 100000 by the pools the special arrangement will be done with all pool operators. Actually both things to be discussed with them.

The question of course is p2pool if any one uses it, but I doubt (at least, I hope) this is the case of GRA atm. All top payments for the blocks that would not be identified as mined by the pools will be transferred to the addresses in the coinbase transaction of such blocks.

Please wait for the official update in this respect.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 03:12:23 AM

When the procedure will be established the top payouts will be send to the same addresses that the corresponding PoW block reward was sent. The initial idea was to do it once a day, but you pointed out that the pools are mining too (sorry, I forgot about that Cheesy ). I see it feasible to send the top payment for a solved block in a way that both the mined coins mature and the top tx is confirmed very close to each other (with a difference +- one block on the network). This way the usual mechanism to distribute that extra top payment among the miners at the pool need to be only slightly modified or need not to be modified at all.

As for the blocks already mined since block 100000 by the pools the special arrangement will be done with all pool operators. Actually both things to be discussed with them.

The question of course is p2pool if any one uses it, but I doubt (at least, I hope) this is the case of GRA atm. All top payments for the blocks that would not be identified as mined by the pools will be transferred to the addresses in the coinbase transaction of such blocks.

Please wait for the official update in this respect.

Thanks for clear explanation.

bosian (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:59:46 AM

I sent a PM to the pool owners, that we will coordinate the complementary coins payout. The pool will receive the complementary coins and they will distribute to their miners. If you are solo mining, then you will receive the complementary coins directly.

Dear Graincoin mining pool owners,

Due to the recent issues with PoS blocks interacting with PoW blocks, the mining of PoW blocks become a bit difficult, the block time increases and thus cause the diff to increase. To compensate this issue, the Graincoin  Dev Team decided to send complimentary coins for each PoW block mined, before the above issue is fixed. For each block mined, we will send 3K-5K (to be determined) to the same address of payout of the PoW block. See this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361503.msg4511235#msg4511235

bee7 and I are implementing the automatic script, which will send complementary coins on daily basis, according to all the PoW blocks mined. As a pool owner, please distribute the complementary coins to the miners proportionally. Please let us know if you see any problems, and we will help as needed.

Thanks.

Bosian
Kergekoin

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 09:45:38 AM

So what is your plan for repairing this issue rather than just giving away complementary coins?
Changing PoW to max 3X is not actual repair either. It makes difficulty rise problems less obvious, but not gone. Or am i mistaken on this?

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
WalkerLi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

hello world, hello crypto

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:12:06 AM

I sent a PM to the pool owners, that we will coordinate the complementary coins payout. The pool will receive the complementary coins and they will distribute to their miners. If you are solo mining, then you will receive the complementary coins directly.

Dear Graincoin mining pool owners,

Due to the recent issues with PoS blocks interacting with PoW blocks, the mining of PoW blocks become a bit difficult, the block time increases and thus cause the diff to increase. To compensate this issue, the Graincoin  Dev Team decided to send complimentary coins for each PoW block mined, before the above issue is fixed. For each block mined, we will send 3K-5K (to be determined) to the same address of payout of the PoW block. See this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361503.msg4511235#msg4511235

bee7 and I are implementing the automatic script, which will send complementary coins on daily basis, according to all the PoW blocks mined. As a pool owner, please distribute the complementary coins to the miners proportionally. Please let us know if you see any problems, and we will help as needed.

Thanks.

Bosian

That's really nice for your effort.

Illusmare

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:31:11 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 11:48:27 AM by Illusmare

I can't think of any other way a problem like this can be solved except a way to run 2 simultaneous blockchains somehow, 1 with pow only and 1 with pos only. Then again I'm not a programmer and pretty new to this crypto world so this could be stupid and/or impossible. Dunno...
bee7

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:57:03 AM

I can't think of any other way a problem like this can be solved except a way to run 2 simultaneous blockchains somehow, 1 with pow only and 1 with pos only. Then again I'm not a programmer and pretty new to this crypto world.

No. there is no way of having two simultaneous block chains. The hybrid PoW+PoS is designed in a way that makes it more difficult to PoW mine when there is less PoS blocks than expected and vica versa. The current situation is caused by the very big gap in the PoS blocks due to the bug. The bug has been fixed, so the PoS mining restored and the algorithm adjusted the difficulties accordingly. Although there is a way to fix it by changing the parameters in the wallet it would require another hard fork,.i.e. the miners would be requested to update their wallets again as it was done in emerge way before the block 92000.

As both things happened due to the human (developer's) mistake and to help all of us (including the developer himself) to recover from the situation by allowing the algorithm to work it out in its natural way it was decided to set up this temporary incentive for the PoW miners (see the discussion a few posts above).
Illusmare

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:22:42 PM

I can't think of any other way a problem like this can be solved except a way to run 2 simultaneous blockchains somehow, 1 with pow only and 1 with pos only. Then again I'm not a programmer and pretty new to this crypto world.

No. there is no way of having two simultaneous block chains. The hybrid PoW+PoS is designed in a way that makes it more difficult to PoW mine when there is less PoS blocks than expected and vica versa. The current situation is caused by the very big gap in the PoS blocks due to the bug. The bug has been fixed, so the PoS mining restored and the algorithm adjusted the difficulties accordingly. Although there is a way to fix it by changing the parameters in the wallet it would require another hard fork,.i.e. the miners would be requested to update their wallets again as it was done in emerge way before the block 92000.

As both things happened due to the human (developer's) mistake and to help all of us (including the developer himself) to recover from the situation by allowing the algorithm to work it out in its natural way it was decided to set up this temporary incentive for the PoW miners (see the discussion a few posts above).
I have followed this thread since the beginning and been mining since the beginning. Just don't understand how this can work out like this. If a few weeks can clog up the pow generation this much, what would happen if there were 10000x more wallets open  all generating pos constantly. Won't it jam it way more than this clog we had? And it would be a constant clog.
Kergekoin

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:34:19 PM

Im not familiar with code, so please forgive me if my questions are silly.

1. Doesnt current delay of PoW blocks result as far less PoW coins in specific time frame? (for example: 1 year since launch coin will have only 5 million coins instead of planned 6 million? -just random numbers taken)
2. If maximum delay of 3X for PoW blocks will be done, will it not reduce total of PoS blocks in future?
3. How is PoS block size calculated? Is there a maximum block size for PoS blocks?

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
bee7

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 12:52:34 PM

1. Doesnt current delay of PoW blocks result as far less PoW coins in specific time frame? (for example: 1 year since launch coin will have only 5 million coins instead of planned 6 million? -just random numbers taken)
2. If maximum delay of 3X for PoW blocks will be done, will it not reduce total of PoS blocks in future?
3. How is PoS block size calculated? Is there a maximum block size for PoS blocks?

1) no. we are having less PoW blocks now as we had no PoS blocks at all for a while.
2) no. Eventually (in a very-very far perspective) the PoS will nearly completely replace PoW.
3) there is a parameter to the wallet that tells the maximum block size to built. The default value is 250kb. It' quite a lot compare to the current tx volume.
For the comparison the Bitcoin nodes have been asked to extend the total size to 512Kb only in April (or so) last year.
Kergekoin

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:04:34 PM

1) no. we are having less PoW blocks now as we had no PoS blocks at all for a while.
2) no. Eventually (in a very-very far perspective) the PoS will nearly completely replace PoW.
3) there is a parameter to the wallet that tells the maximum block size to built. The default value is 250kb. It' quite a lot compare to the current tx volume.
For the comparison the Bitcoin nodes have been asked to extend the total size to 512Kb only in April (or so) last year.

Thanks! I have couple more:

1. Would Grain will have problems in future, where PoS block reward is too small to fullfill the 5% yearly target of interest coins?
2. Cant PoS average block reward be raised? So as a result total needed coins target would be accomplished sooner?

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 01:17:20 PM

We at CryptoArticles finally got round to publishing our article on Grain :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/1/15/grain-the-future-unit-of-cyber-coin

We hope this will bring some more attention to this coin.

Donations are welcome to the CryptoArticles Grain Wallet : 949G3pZdUfH9a27ShTH76BoXJ38pyNvp6o
bee7

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:17:48 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 04:02:17 PM by bee7

Thanks! I have couple more:

1. Would Grain will have problems in future, where PoS block reward is too small to fullfill the 5% yearly target of interest coins?
2. Cant PoS average block reward be raised? So as a result total needed coins target would be accomplished sooner?

1) PoS block reward does rely only on particular coin age. The coin age is calculated since the coin get to your address as an output of some tx. When some particular input becomes eligible for PoS block creation it will be picked and in case if the PoS block found using that input it is split up in two equal in amount outputs (with addition of the block reward) in this block coinstake tx. So the age of these two outputs that become an inputs is reset to zero. When there is too much splitage the wallet starts to merge the inputs together. If you do not run the wallet persistently then you may merge all inputs you have into single or a few inputs by sending coins to yourself. I can't tell you presently where is the golden section in this case.

2) Yes, if the community decides it should be raised, there are reasonable arguments to do so and the community votes for such a rise.
rentarocker

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:04:34 PM

GRA getting some press!  Very nice!   Grin

…and 10mil GRA buy wall at 10 s.  Someone wants lots of cheap GRA!

BTC:  17Z1au1T1f8B4XhFQXeuibKbRmWow6FyvP
LTC:  Lf7QWUDC57WnRf5gEcutdHwrXvYRoqaQYU
heskey

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:08:52 PM

Don't let him get away that cheap!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
OneEyedJack

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:11:12 PM

Ok, just so everyone knows, and just in case anyone else is running into the same issue,
I fixed my syncing issue.

just had to start graincoin-qt.exe -reindex

Just wanted to share

All donations are given to the Universal DBDB Organization
EAC: egokwQAmnNvumsQfMokeV2qKRgJdARY4D4
GRA: 9ECPZJBtbMHyfGikdUzQuf9Z8t6gGbWh5s
cryptomining

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:30:28 PM

Ok, just so everyone knows, and just in case anyone else is running into the same issue,
I fixed my syncing issue.

just had to start graincoin-qt.exe -reindex

Just wanted to share

thanks for that, never heard of the -reindex.
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:34:59 PM

I have 0.25 BTC and I want to buy some GRA. Send me PM with offers.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2790

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 05:02:02 PM

Don't let him get away that cheap!

That seems expensive, as there are endless quantities of it and it's completely useless.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: