Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 [797] 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DOGE] Dogecoin - very currency many coin - v1.10.0  (Read 3097702 times)
XxHALOGENxX

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:44:43 AM

ok so i think you will be my only hope fellow doge miners as i said before i have an a8-4500/7640g card im trying to mine dogecoin with. I'm currently trying to use cgminer and here is my error
http://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/17/22/50/91/dogee10.png
Help please for the life of doge i have been trying to mine for 5 days now and have made good progress until this.

Download the ATI OpenCL SDK and install it.  You need that before the GPU will mine. Here's the download page for the latest SDKs.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/#one
I have and i installed it, thats why i came here having problems
What's your bat or conf file look like.  Also in the cgminer folder try deleting all the .bin files that look kinda like this, scrypt130511Pitcairnglg2tc8192w256l4.bin  Restart and see what happens.  Every time you change the configuration, it makes a new config bin file.  Which version are you using of cgminer? Such blind  I gave up on the 3.7 versions and 3.8 doesn't support scrypt anymore so I stick with 3.5.0, rock solid.
Ok i have checked with many miners my batch file is fine, i don't see any .bin files though, im using 3.7.2, guiminer is having trouble with opencl as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digitaltradz

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:53:09 AM

ok so i think you will be my only hope fellow doge miners as i said before i have an a8-4500/7640g card im trying to mine dogecoin with. I'm currently trying to use cgminer and here is my error
Help please for the life of doge i have been trying to mine for 5 days now and have made good progress until this.

Download the ATI OpenCL SDK and install it.  You need that before the GPU will mine. Here's the download page for the latest SDKs.

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/#one
What's your bat or conf file look like.  Also in the cgminer folder try deleting all the .bin files that look kinda like this, scrypt130511Pitcairnglg2tc8192w256l4.bin  Restart and see what happens.  Every time you change the configuration, it makes a new config bin file.  Which version are you using of cgminer? Such blind  I gave up on the 3.7 versions and 3.8 doesn't support scrypt anymore so I stick with 3.5.0, rock solid.
Ok i have checked with many miners my batch file is fine, i don't see any .bin files though, im using 3.7.2, guiminer is having trouble with opencl as well.
What version of Catalyst do you have?  I found for my 7800 series that Version 12 worked fine but the latest gave me problems.  I would try cgminer 3.5.0 first.  You can grab a copy of 3.5.0 here to give it a try. http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.5/ 
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:54:55 AM

Hello Shibes,

I'd like to propose we take Dogecoin a step further with a more serious Dogecoin face/logo on the currency....
yes, the correct thing to do with the only thing that makes our currency approachable to someone outside of this community, as well as the most recognisable symbol of the coin, is to REPLACE THE LOGO.  Roll Eyes

did you do the work on New Coke?  or do you own worldcoin?

if you want a serious currency that is doing dick-all, buy catcoin.  nobody seems to have any sense of humour in that thread at all.  

the only thing that makes this currency interesting or persistent is it's funny.  don't fuck with what's not broken, because it's gotten dogecoin this far already. 

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
XxHALOGENxX

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:59:31 AM

What version of Catalyst do you have?  I found for my 7800 series that Version 12 worked fine but the latest gave me problems.  I would try cgminer 3.5.0 first.  You can grab a copy of 3.5.0 here to give it a try. http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/3.5/ 
i have a way newer version of catalyst, but when i download the 3.5 i see no application file/exe
cryt3k

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

Hello Shibes,

I'd like to propose we take Dogecoin a step further with a more serious Dogecoin face/logo on the currency. I know no matter how silly we love to be, we have to take the proper steps if we want to truly reach the moon.

One thing that crosses my mind over and over is the logo. It's great for the fun we are having now. But I don't believe it's a fit for moon territory. I don't want it to be a meme currency that dies off. I want a real adopted internet currency that eclipses all. That's why I'm here, and you should be too. We have to preserve what we have.

We're doing absolutely fantastic so far and I just love this community flourish. I think this proposed Dogecoin face/logo posted below done up in adobe illustrator by a professional would rock the Doge market. It looks strong, it's appealing, it looks serious enough for the real world, and has some serious history in itself.

Below is Armstrong, a true spirit who served, "ten winters as a sled dog—a Sirius record, twice as long as most dogs serve. Armstrong hauled a sled at least 25,000 miles, more than a lap around the Equator." What an amazing achievement. I think about him from time to time. I first learned about him on Reddit. He's got that look that he's seen more moons than you or me combined. Armstrong didn't just go around the moon. He went around the world.

Here is a picture of Armstrong:

I don't have the computer skills to make an artistic logo, but it could be based off that picture.

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1x11b1/dogecoins_face_suggestion_serious/

Where I discovered: http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/rtch9/this_dog_has_pulled_a_sled_at_least_25000_miles/

Anyone with the photoshop skills wanna chime in on this?

I also agree with you, I feel if we're truly going to the moon dogecoin needs to stop being mentioned as "it started as a joke, crypto" and move to the next level with your said idea.

Whether the haters like it or not Dogecoin is actually doing things in the communities, helping fund olympic athletes, to service dogs for children, to feeding the poor, etc. No other coin has this going on whatsoever.

If you Google moon or any other alt for instance all you find is pool info, forums, etc.. bullshit really.

Google our little friend Doge and endless pages with media coverage for good causes.

To the moon baby.
XxHALOGENxX

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:09:23 AM

Hello Shibes,

I'd like to propose we take Dogecoin a step further with a more serious Dogecoin face/logo on the currency. I know no matter how silly we love to be, we have to take the proper steps if we want to truly reach the moon.

One thing that crosses my mind over and over is the logo. It's great for the fun we are having now. But I don't believe it's a fit for moon territory. I don't want it to be a meme currency that dies off. I want a real adopted internet currency that eclipses all. That's why I'm here, and you should be too. We have to preserve what we have.

We're doing absolutely fantastic so far and I just love this community flourish. I think this proposed Dogecoin face/logo posted below done up in adobe illustrator by a professional would rock the Doge market. It looks strong, it's appealing, it looks serious enough for the real world, and has some serious history in itself.

Below is Armstrong, a true spirit who served, "ten winters as a sled dog—a Sirius record, twice as long as most dogs serve. Armstrong hauled a sled at least 25,000 miles, more than a lap around the Equator." What an amazing achievement. I think about him from time to time. I first learned about him on Reddit. He's got that look that he's seen more moons than you or me combined. Armstrong didn't just go around the moon. He went around the world.

Here is a picture of Armstrong:

https://i.imgur.com/B9zfVEL.jpg

I don't have the computer skills to make an artistic logo, but it could be based off that picture.

Reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1x11b1/dogecoins_face_suggestion_serious/

Where I discovered: http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/rtch9/this_dog_has_pulled_a_sled_at_least_25000_miles/

Anyone with the photoshop skills wanna chime in on this?

I also agree with you, I feel if we're truly going to the moon dogecoin needs to stop being mentioned as "it started as a joke, crypto" and move to the next level with your said idea.

Whether the haters like it or not Dogecoin is actually doing things in the communities, helping fund olympic athletes, to service dogs for children, to feeding the poor, etc. No other coin has this going on whatsoever.

If you Google moon or any other alt for instance all you find is pool info, forums, etc.. bullshit really.

Google our little friend Doge and endless pages with media coverage for good causes.

To the moon baby.
i use photoshop and can do this but i need to get mining before i will do this as mining is on my top list:)
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:09:30 AM

After a long time relatively normal view from the "other side". But I disagree with this "only" view.  Grin

As you say, your view is based only on profiting. I have nothing again only profiting. It's your choice and there is nothing wrong with that. Profiting is one side of Dogecoin. And god bless peoples like you.

But i see Dogecoin as two sided coin. One side is called "money" - so profiting, second side is called "fun" - so as you say joke.
These sides of the coin are the opposite but same like Jing/Jang.  Wink

Value of Dogecoin is bound to "fun" side, not "money" side.

When "money" side is growing, then the "fun" side grows more slowly. This then is the reason that "money" side starts to weaken, but the "fun" side will grow faster. Which in turn causes growth of the "money" side. Etc. Etc. Etc.  Wink Grin

It's good to have believers in the coin, however, this coin isn't being propped up by the "normal" investors. Once the group of whales decides they are done, it will only be a matter of time before it tanks. Then when profitability leaves, the supporters fade, miners fade and the lights go out. Maybe Doge will beat the odds with the brilliant move to support it at high levels and get people to buy in (literally) to believing that price point was a good one. Market psychology is fascinating.

Regardless, I think we'll both agree that it is a win/win.. I mine 800k to a million a day, and dump it on the market to people that think the price is attractive. Nobody loses, right? Then when it skyrockets, the people I sold to will be happy, and we'll all live happily ever after.

This is no different than politics or religion, people can't take hearing from the other side of their beliefs, especially when written in their "backyard". I applaud you for actually responding in a very intelligent manner.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
ABCBTC

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 01:12:47 AM

Doge went too far to die now and it has a strong community, so that wont happen.
warmking

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

VIDDO Token | Exclusive access to Private Sale

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:17:30 AM

There is no real market analogy between a finite coin and an infinitely produced coin. Rarity is a significant part of the equation.

DOGE is going to take 14-15 years to double its supply at 5% per year after it hits the initial 100B cap. That's... the year 2029? More than a "lifetime" in the crypto market... Crypto may not even be around by the time a doubling of supply happens - which lets be real, a doubling of supply over 14-15 years in the crypto market is so insignificant. This actually has more positives in the form of 1) possibly keeping miners on to support the network and 2) added long-term price stability.

I'd be far more worried as to what would happen to DOGE if it all just stopped at 100B considering just how fast we are getting there.

Also, BTC does not have a "finite supply" either - not as long as it can be mined.

let me be clear,no matter how much time takes,people would kow that doge will be more and more and more but BTC not.so BTC is gold,doge just paper money,you print it.people always know that,that is called faith.why people buy BTC,because they know,there is only 21 million,never lose.why people buy doge?maybe it is funny,but another important reason is people thought it will be 100B.that is called faith.if you want it being joke,ok,that is joke,but you want people accept it as money,take it seriously

V I D D O       ♥ ♥ ♥  PRE-ICO: July 16 until Aug 22  ►► Join Our Private Sale
VIDDO is a new fair revenue distribution video platform
MEDIUM         TELEGRAM       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       DEMO
digitaltradz

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:19:53 AM

i have a way newer version of catalyst, but when i download the 3.5 i see no application file/exe
I just noticed that.  Here they are, wrong directory https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer-binaries/tree/master/3.5.0
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:25:24 AM

I had the exact same problem when I put my GPU in an old Win XP computer.
What I found was that I *had to* get the old AMD Catalyst 12.1 because that is the last one which contains OpenCL.
After I downloaded that one, I *de-installed* the Windows default driver for the GPU and then installed Catalyst 12.1
(this computer had a display processor on the motherboard that the monitor was plugged into, so I could easily remove the driver from the GPU)
but you may need to install Catalyst 12.1 first, then make sure to change the driver for the GPU (so it does not use the default windows one)
Then find cgminer 3.7.2 (later revisions do not support Doge mining)
Then you can start and optimize the setting for the miner.
Let me know if you need links for the stuff.
Success!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
cryt3k

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:25:42 AM

There is no real market analogy between a finite coin and an infinitely produced coin. Rarity is a significant part of the equation.

DOGE is going to take 14-15 years to double its supply at 5% per year after it hits the initial 100B cap. That's... the year 2029? More than a "lifetime" in the crypto market... Crypto may not even be around by the time a doubling of supply happens - which lets be real, a doubling of supply over 14-15 years in the crypto market is so insignificant. This actually has more positives in the form of 1) possibly keeping miners on to support the network and 2) added long-term price stability.

I'd be far more worried as to what would happen to DOGE if it all just stopped at 100B considering just how fast we are getting there.

Also, BTC does not have a "finite supply" either - not as long as it can be mined.

let me be clear,no matter how much time takes,people would kow that doge will be more and more and more but BTC not.so BTC is gold,doge just paper money,you print it.people always know that,that is called faith.why people buy BTC,because they know,there is only 21 million,never lose.why people buy doge?maybe it is funny,but another important reason is people thought it will be 100B.that is called faith.if you want it being joke,ok,that is joke,but you want people accept it as money,take it seriously

the purpose of dogecoin is for wide use, to be shared and not hoarded like btc. Inflation is not necessarily a bad thing, it gives it more room to grow it's economy.
XxHALOGENxX

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:28:20 AM

I had the exact same problem when I put my GPU in an old Win XP computer.
What I found was that I *had to* get the old AMD Catalyst 12.1 because that is the last one which contains OpenCL.
After I downloaded that one, I *de-installed* the Windows default driver for the GPU and then installed Catalyst 12.1
(this computer had a display processor on the motherboard that the monitor was plugged into, so I could easily remove the driver from the GPU)
but you may need to install Catalyst 12.1 first, then make sure to change the driver for the GPU (so it does not use the default windows one)
Then find cgminer 3.7.2 (later revisions do not support Doge mining)
Then you can start and optimize the setting for the miner.
Let me know if you need links for the stuff.
Success!
links would me nice, yes:)
Cor2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:35:54 AM

Here you go - AMD Catalyst 12.1 for Win XP 32bit (should not affect GPU performance even when used on 64b system)
with the mandatory support for OpenCL:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%20XP%20Professional/Home&rev=12.1
Success!

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
XxHALOGENxX

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:38:11 AM

Here you go - AMD Catalyst 12.1 for Win XP 32bit (should not affect GPU performance even when used on 64b system)
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%20XP%20Professional/Home&rev=12.1
Success!
im using win 8 so the latest i can go back is 13.4:(
yolocoinswag

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:47:30 AM

Success!

its a laptop gpu, they always use custom drivers. doubt u get  a decent hashrate anyways -.-
XxHALOGENxX

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 01:52:48 AM

Success!

its a laptop gpu, they always use custom drivers. doubt u get  a decent hashrate anyways -.-
i can at least try and the hashrate would not be that bad at all
Cor2

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:00:23 AM

Success!
Hmm, I thought that Win 8 already included OpenCL support.
Anyways - try this:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/

XxHALOGENxX

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:08:03 AM

Success!
Hmm, I thought that Win 8 already included OpenCL support.
Anyways - try this:
http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/downloads/
i already did that thats why im here
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:12:10 AM

All shibes there!

http://doge4kids.org/

Please Give for a good cause Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 [797] 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 ... 1548 »
  Print  

Jump to: