Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:10:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636404 times)
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:19:52 PM

let's just take whatever part suits your beliefs and reject the others. Isn't that just how science work? xD

It's not a matter of belief, but where the facts and logic leads one.  Do you know what a scientific hypothesis is?

Yes and every facts I saw everywhere lead to the conclusion that CO2, sea level, warming and human activities are linked, including the documents you added on the table. But I never saw any scientific work establishing the contrary. And you didn't show me any.

And by the way, I read the parts concerning extreme weather, and they absolutely don't refute any links between CO2 and the rise of extreme weather...
It's not necessary to "refute links."

What is required is to establish a relationship between a cause, and an effect.  That hasn't been done.  That's the different between asserting A could cause B, and A certainly causes B.  The party making the claim is the one that must substantiate the claim.  Here that is you, making the claim that CO2 increases increase extreme weather.  

As an example, suppose Al Gore made a claim.  You believed it.  Then I suggest that the scientific literature does not support the claim.  You say "But it doesn't REFUTE the claim!"

That's nonsense.

Do you know how to read? I said "they explain data are so hard to compile that it's impossible to be sure, so they can say they're medium certain of the link." don't just cut half of my sentence so it doesn't make any sense. Of course if you cut what I say in two it's less logical...

They're not 100% sure of the link. And I have no problem with you saying "we're not sure", I've a problem with you saying "we know it's false". But they do establish a correlation, they're just not totally sure it's right. If you're waiting for 100% sure results... Well you gonna wait long, cause it's impossible with something so complex such as weather.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:26:05 PM

let's just take whatever part suits your beliefs and reject the others. Isn't that just how science work? xD

It's not a matter of belief, but where the facts and logic leads one.  Do you know what a scientific hypothesis is?

Yes and every facts I saw everywhere lead to the conclusion that CO2, sea level, warming and human activities are linked, including the documents you added on the table. But I never saw any scientific work establishing the contrary. And you didn't show me any.

And by the way, I read the parts concerning extreme weather, and they absolutely don't refute any links between CO2 and the rise of extreme weather...
It's not necessary to "refute links."

What is required is to establish a relationship between a cause, and an effect.  That hasn't been done.  That's the different between asserting A could cause B, and A certainly causes B.  The party making the claim is the one that must substantiate the claim.  Here that is you, making the claim that CO2 increases increase extreme weather.  

As an example, suppose Al Gore made a claim.  You believed it.  Then I suggest that the scientific literature does not support the claim.  You say "But it doesn't REFUTE the claim!"

That's nonsense.

Do you know how to read? I said "they explain data are so hard to compile that it's impossible to be sure, so they can say they're medium certain of the link." don't just cut half of my sentence so it doesn't make any sense. Of course if you cut what I say in two it's less logical...

They're not 100% sure of the link. And I have no problem with you saying "we're not sure", I've a problem with you saying "we know it's false". But they do establish a correlation, they're just not totally sure it's right. If you're waiting for 100% sure results... Well you gonna wait long, cause it's impossible with something so complex such as weather.

Okay, fine.  But if you go around claiming that "There's a link" you should expect to be criticized and asked to prove your claim.

Unless, of course, you were on Reddit Climate.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 03:09:36 AM

http://igormarxo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=75
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 08:08:47 PM

They're just looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Can't blame them for wanting to be stars. I mean even stupid stars are still stars, right?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 01:08:08 AM

10 Years Ago Today=> Al Gore Predicted Global Warming Armageddon in 10 Years

Ten years ago today junk scientist Al Gore released his award-winning movie “An Inconvenient Truth” at the Sundance Film Festival.

10 Years Ago Today=> Al Gore Predicted Global Warming Armageddon in 10 Years

Ten years ago today junk scientist Al Gore released his award-winning movie “An Inconvenient Truth” at the Sundance Film Festival.
gore ice

Gore warned the Sundance audience, “Global warming is about to toast our ecology and our way of life.”

In January 2006, Al Gore posited “within the next 10 years, the world will reach a point of no return” and “a true planetary emergency” due to global warming.

Of course, this turned out to be nothing more than PR bullsh*t to push his movie.

Yesterday, Rush Limbaugh discussed Gore’s planetary deadline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7vclCG1MJQ

Seven years ago — Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free in five years. Gore made the prediction to a German audience in 2008. That didn’t happen either.

Today Gore, once again, is exposed as being nothing more than a modern day snake oil salesman. Will the liberal media hold him to account?
Not likely.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/10-years-ago-today-al-gore-predicted-global-warming-armageddon-in-10-years/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:12:44 AM

10 Years Ago Today=> Al Gore.... junk scientist Al Gore ..... Al Gore Predicted Global Warming Armageddon ....junk scientist Al Gore released his award-winning movie ....
gore ice....Gore warned the Sundance audience...... Al Gore posited “within the next 10 years.....Rush Limbaugh discussed Gore’s planetary deadline...... Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free.....Gore made the prediction to a German audience.....Gore, once again, is exposed as......

Wait, so who is this guy?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 03:55:04 AM

10 Years Ago Today=> Al Gore.... junk scientist Al Gore ..... Al Gore Predicted Global Warming Armageddon ....junk scientist Al Gore released his award-winning movie ....
gore ice....Gore warned the Sundance audience...... Al Gore posited “within the next 10 years.....Rush Limbaugh discussed Gore’s planetary deadline...... Al Gore predicted the North Polar Ice Cap would be completely ice free.....Gore made the prediction to a German audience.....Gore, once again, is exposed as......

Wait, so who is this guy?

ManBearPig

I'M SUPER DUPER CEREAL!! EXCELCIOR!!!

SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 04:31:39 PM

300 Scientists Want NOAA To Stop Hiding Its Global Warming Data

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/28/300-scientists-want-noaa-to-stop-hiding-its-global-warming-data/
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:54:01 PM

‘Experts’ Warn ‘Global Warming’ Is Making Pet Dogs Depressed

A leading “dog behaviourist” and an “animal behaviour counselor” have warned that “global warming” is responsible for a supposedly massive rise in bored and depressed pet dogs.

The “experts” said that “extreme” weather and a spate of wet winters was responsible for the tragic trend, which the Independent newspaper attributed to “decades of global warming”.

“I’ve been working with dogs for more than 20 years and I can’t remember a time when they’ve been this bored. I tend to see boredom in bursts but I’m seeing it chronically this winter”, said Carolyn Menteith, a dog behaviourist who was named Britain’s Instructor of the Year in 2015.

Ms. Mentheth said that cold crisp winters had given way to “constant wet dreariness”, with the Independent explaining that, “she – like many scientists and meteorologists – puts this down to climate change and expects to see more bored dogs in the future as global warming unleashes increasingly frequent and intense bouts of winter rainfall.”

She said the dogs “are just really, really, bored” because “People are quite happy to get their dogs out in frosty, hard weather but not when it’s muddy and horrible.” The problem, therefore, is that dogs are not being walked enough, regardless of whether or not this is due to global warming.

However, Sarah Fisher, an animal behaviour counsellor with around two decades experience, has also said she had noticed a level of canine unrest that is unprecedented in her career.

“I’ve never seen our dogs or horses this bored before in 20 years. Horses that have lived happily outside before are saying ‘I actually can’t cope with this mud and wet anymore’,” she said.

“We’re turning them out of their stables and they’re saying ‘Get me back in straight away’.

“They can’t settle, they look bored, but actually it’s to do with physical stress and mental boredom, they can’t go off quietly and graze because they keep sliding around the field,” Ms. Fisher added.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/02/05/experts-warn-global-warming-is-making-pet-dogs-depressed/

craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 07:47:07 PM

A leading “dog behaviourist” and an “animal behaviour counselor” have warned that “global warming” is responsible for a supposedly massive rise in bored and depressed pet dogs.

The “experts” said that “extreme” weather and a spate of wet winters was responsible for the tragic trend, which the Independent newspaper attributed to “decades of global warming”.

“I’ve been working with dogs for more than 20 years and I can’t remember a time when they’ve been this bored. I tend to see boredom in bursts but I’m seeing it chronically this winter”, said Carolyn Menteith, a dog behaviourist who was named Britain’s Instructor of the Year in 2015.

Ms. Mentheth said that cold crisp winters had given way to “constant wet dreariness”, with the Independent explaining that, “she – like many scientists and meteorologists – puts this down to climate change and expects to see more bored dogs in the future as global warming unleashes increasingly frequent and intense bouts of winter rainfall.”

She said the dogs “are just really, really, bored” because “People are quite happy to get their dogs out in frosty, hard weather but not when it’s muddy and horrible.” The problem, therefore, is that dogs are not being walked enough, regardless of whether or not this is due to global warming.

However, Sarah Fisher, an animal behaviour counsellor with around two decades experience, has also said she had noticed a level of canine unrest that is unprecedented in her career.

“I’ve never seen our dogs or horses this bored before in 20 years. Horses that have lived happily outside before are saying ‘I actually can’t cope with this mud and wet anymore’,” she said.

“We’re turning them out of their stables and they’re saying ‘Get me back in straight away’.

“They can’t settle, they look bored, but actually it’s to do with physical stress and mental boredom, they can’t go off quietly and graze because they keep sliding around the field,” Ms. Fisher added.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/02/05/experts-warn-global-warming-is-making-pet-dogs-depressed/

Wtf are you posting man? I mean I'm ok with this thread and all but wtf is that? xD

"My horse is depressed, must be because of global warming" yeah no link with the fact that your horse is 20 years old so maybe a bit bored cause close to death!!!!
Stupidity of humans sometimes...

Anyway it was funny to read.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 11:43:26 PM

Wtf are you posting man? I mean I'm ok with this thread and all but wtf is that? xD

"My horse is depressed, must be because of global warming" yeah no link with the fact that your horse is 20 years old so maybe a bit bored cause close to death!!!!
Stupidity of humans sometimes...

Anyway it was funny to read.

Stupid and yet... very powerful people are changing our lives based on sad dogs and sad horses.

That little doggy looks sooo embarrassed. What a torture to wear that, I would imagine.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 12:33:59 AM

Dumb... and getting dumber..

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/records-will-be-broken-with-ontarios-double-digit-temps/63098

Thursday, February 4, 2016, 6:30 AM -   Weather Network meteorologists said it was a guarantee, and it sure didn't take long before records started to fall across parts of southern Ontario Wednesday morning.

SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:42:16 AM

Wasnt 1991 an El-nino year too?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:33:05 AM

Wasnt 1991 an El-nino year too?
Ignore that data, it doesn't fit today's narrative.  But save it, we may have use for it later.  And keep paying attention, you can go far if you assist in making up the scary stories.

<<satire>>
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:29:59 AM

There was pretty heavy snowfall in Saudi Arabia last week and first ever recorded snow 180 miles south of Hanoi in Vietnam, that´s 18 degrees North, snow on banana trees.

galdur

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:34:34 AM

Mexico has the coldest winter in history: There is snow, temperatures are down to -17 ° C and a state of emergency is declared in 24 of the 32 states. January 31, 2016.

galdur

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:41:13 AM

Remember when Pikas were going to be wiped off the face of the Earth due to climate change? Never mind…

Anthony Watts / 5 days ago February 1, 2016

From OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY comes this Emily Litella climate moment, we told you so…

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/02/01/remember-when-pikas-were-going-to-be-wiped-off-the-face-of-the-earth-due-to-climate-change-never-mind/

valta4065

Activity: 826

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:08:38 AM

Shuuuuuuuuut Galdur...

It is ALL coincidences if we're breaking every records concerning meteorological events and temperatures.

It would have happened anyway no?  Roll Eyes

Where is the proof of the link with pollution CO2 and human activities? Apart from the entire world scientific community even if they perfectly admit they have legitimate doubts concerning the extent of such impact due to the incredible complexity of such a system. They still all agree on the fact that we're going to bite the dust. And Nature show it too.

But better continue to consume and pollute and destroy the gift of God.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
galdur

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:24:31 AM

Shuuuuuuuuut Galdur...

It is ALL coincidences if we're breaking every records concerning meteorological events and temperatures.

It would have happened anyway no?  Roll Eyes

Where is the proof of the link with pollution CO2 and human activities? Apart from the entire world scientific community even if they perfectly admit they have legitimate doubts concerning the extent of such impact due to the incredible complexity of such a system. They still all agree on the fact that we're going to bite the dust. And Nature show it too.

But better continue to consume and pollute and destroy the gift of God.

I don´t know; maybe we´re heading into an ice age and scientists and experts will in due course figure out that CO2 emissions in fact cause cooling. The attention span of modern man seems to be on par with that of the common housefly so most people probably wouldn´t even notice the switch.

galdur

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:28:28 AM

That snow this south in Vietnam reportedly was the first since the middle of the 17th century which incidentally was about the start of the Maunder Minimum. So it kind of gets you thinking an ice age, hopefully a mini one.

I probably don´t need to mention that the country of Vietnam is located in the tropics.

Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: