Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:33:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381515 times)
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 09:48:08 PM

I am always amazed of the market cap of altcoins at the moment, some copycat coins getting 40 million plus at different times and vapourware like maidsafe having 80 million dollars plus. Skycoin is in the league of ethereum and Dash, really a marketcap of 150 million is my low valuation in one year.
If dash niche was privacy well a coin with privacy  network and the number of other features, how would would value this coin in a year or two years?

right on the market the coin should be 10 million, marketing growth and the going to the right conferences like open garden community it be soon 50 million.

with development releases and exciting news in a year 150 million

whale pumps could see 300 million very quickly.

do it right, which so far i believe it has been done perfectly.

put on a "anonymous mask" onto the coin and hit that privacy and censorship market. really could see 5 billion dollars

really your 50cents really could be $100 easy.
suggest putting in a least 1000 on order when you can, growth factor and first to market is going make people mouths drop, It is life changing opportunity possibility, turning poor people into wealthy people.

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:46:08 AM

Been watching for a while now, looks like it'll soon be ready?
JUSTDLISK

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Bancor

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:59:36 AM

Been watching for a while now, looks like it'll soon be ready?

I am fairly sure i have been watching this for 2 years now.
wow

huxdy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:33:30 AM

ah, man... 90% of the supply is controlled by the unknown dev team? So this is like a decentralized currency?
Unless this coin provides some instantly problem solving features out of the box, the price chart is going to look something like VOX or LBC. Devs will dump coins on the market (c3cx?) each month just to cover expenses and since there's no POW, there's nothing to induce a price floor. I expect that until at least 50% of the coins have been distributed, this will slide into the abyss.

Am I wrong?
Please explain Smiley

Deeply agree Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
justinc2014

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 01:56:46 AM

I disagree, look at maidsafe is the same.

I would rather too see developers hold coin then the community, because they have a lot at stake to make the project a successful project.
plus the developers is working on locking up the coins. and there will only 1% of the total coin givien out at one time.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:46:19 AM

I am always amazed of the market cap of altcoins at the moment, some copycat coins getting 40 million plus at different times and vapourware like maidsafe having 80 million dollars plus. Skycoin is in the league of ethereum and Dash, really a marketcap of 150 million is my low valuation in one year.
If dash niche was privacy well a coin with privacy  network and the number of other features, how would would value this coin in a year or two years?

right on the market the coin should be 10 million, marketing growth and the going to the right conferences like open garden community it be soon 50 million.

put on a "anonymous mask" onto the coin and hit that privacy and censorship market. really could see 5 billion dollars

suggest putting in a least 1000 on order when you can, growth factor and first to market is going make people mouths drop, It is life changing opportunity possibility, turning poor people into wealthy people.

How will initial market cap be calculated? Or rather, what is the total supply going to be considered to be at release? This is one thing that isn't completely clear to me. Will a portion of the supply be considered inaccessible at the beginning or will all 100 million be factored into the calculation of market cap?
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:06:28 AM

If dash niche was privacy well a coin with privacy  network and the number of other features, how would would value this coin in a year or two years?

How will initial market cap be calculated? Or rather, what is the total supply going to be considered to be at release? This is one thing that isn't completely clear to me. Will a portion of the supply be considered inaccessible at the beginning or will all 100 million be factored into the calculation of market cap?

Coinmarketcap uses the total supply (number of coins on the blockchain) to calculate market cap, which for SKY will include any coins held in cold storage / in the dev fund for future development and projects. But keeping so many coins in reserve will be great for the price on the exchanges, although there will need to be transparency about the funds being held in reserve when the project gets to the point that really big investors hear about it and consider investing.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:10:53 AM

Coinmarketcap uses the total supply (number of coins on the blockchain) to calculate market cap, which for SKY will include any coins held in cold storage / in the dev fund for future development and projects. But keeping so many coins in reserve will be great for the price on the exchanges, although there will need to be transparency about the funds being held in reserve when the project gets to the point that really big investors hear about it and consider investing.

The reason I was wondering is because projects like Synero have somehow convinced coinmarketcap.com to calculate their market cap based only on circulating supply (around 80 million for the case of AMP) when the total supply is much larger (something around 950 million AMP).
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:12:57 AM

The reason I was wondering is because projects like Synero have somehow convinced coinmarketcap.com to calculate their market cap based only on circulating supply, around 80 million for the case of AMP, when the total supply is something around 950 million AMP.

Oh that's interesting I wasn't aware of that. Maybe Skycoin can do it that way too if the dev team can show the funds are in true locked down cold storage.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 04:19:58 PM

The reason I was wondering is because projects like Synero have somehow convinced coinmarketcap.com to calculate their market cap based only on circulating supply, around 80 million for the case of AMP, when the total supply is something around 950 million AMP.

Oh that's interesting I wasn't aware of that. Maybe Skycoin can do it that way too if the dev team can show the funds are in true locked down cold storage.

Storj (SJCX) has done the same. Marketcap represents only the coins in circulation, not the total coins available.

Yes I agree, IMO Skycoin should do everything in its power to make sure the marketcap only represents the coins in circulation.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:13:23 PM

c2cx says: Total SKY Redeemed: 388047 of 500000 SKY
It seems a little slow.
Will there be more  SKY available  while  500000 SKY are all redeemed?
JUSTDLISK

Bancor

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:31:50 PM

How to create a skycoin wallet?
The easiet way?
Is there like a randomly generated print out wallet we can use?
Basically a wallet in which i don't have to use the client like easywallet

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 11:48:03 PM

The easiet way?

You can download the wallet on the website:

http://skycoin.net/

Make sure you backup your seed.

To everyone else we are talking to other exchanges to allow a easier user experience.

Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 11:49:05 PM

Skycoin still has enough volume that you could make profit with smart trading

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
JUSTDLISK

Bancor

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:24:58 AM

The easiet way?

To everyone else we are talking to other exchanges to allow a easier user experience.

wallet doesnt work for me

Whats the valuation of this ICO?

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2017, 12:34:32 AM

The easiet way?

wallet doesnt work for me

Whats the valuation of this ICO?

What is the error, current valuation is hard to say because supply is not fully distributed.

JUSTDLISK

Bancor

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:44:46 AM

THe 'loading' sign on the slient never goes,
The client never loads, ii am using win 64 with electron version,

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:40:26 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2017, 01:36:01 PM by xtester

Reposting this again for visibility.

JOIN THE DECENTRALIZED INTERNET - ICO OPEN

* Written from scratch in Golang. Solving bitcoin problems. *
* Innovative consensus algorithm. Provably secure. Not based upon PoW or PoS. *
* No mining. No 51% attack. No double spending. *

Important Links
Website | Wallet | Blockchain Explorer | Whitepapers | Exchange | Github | Twitter | Telegram

What is Skycoin?

Skycoin is a flexible yet potent network of interdependent layers, which begun development in 2012 with the goal of addressing several of bitcoin's limitations. The first phase of Skycoin was a major research undertaking which has taken several years and will conclude with the implementation and official launch of the Skycoin platform. The second phase will focus on bootstrapping the Skycoin economy via a rich ecosystem of applications and services, aimed at solving several real-world problems. Thanks to a long and sustained collaborative effort, Skycoin has been designed to be faster, more secure, and more efficient than bitcoin or other crypto-platforms, thus, becoming the first solid foundation for the decentralized internet.

The project consists of 8 main components: 1)Sky Ledger, 2)Obelisk, 3)BlockDB, 4)Aether, 5)Skywire, 6)CXO, 7)]CX and 8)Skycoin.

- Sky Ledger is Skycoin's block chart standard based upon uxto model.
- Obelisk is Skycoin's innovative consensus algorithm which replaces POW and POS with a web of trust. The new cryptographic and network primitives allow verification of mathematical conditions for unanimous network consensus, both for public and private blockchains. The new network primitives also enable detection of malicious node behaviour. Obelisk was inspired by academic research into adversarial distributed time-stamping and algorithms such as Ben-Or's, Paxos, and the Castro-Liskov PBFT algorithm. It is a new solution to the Byzantine Generals problem which offers strong mathematical security guarantees, even when the majority of nodes are hostile.
- BlockDB is Skycoin's block storage engine which doesn't use SQL. It is a key-value store for constant time operations without indices.
- Aether is Skycoin's peer-to-peer caching and replication protocol of immutable CXO objects.
- CXO is Skycoin's immutable object system.
- CX is Skycoin's programming / application / blockchain language.
- Skywire is Skycoin's meshnet. A new public source routed MPLS network protocol, designed and integrated into the Skycoin ecosystem.
- Skycoin is the token powering the ecosystem, through which Skywire and Aether can be used.

Primary Applications

Due to its advanced architecture, the Skycoin platform offers an unlimited number of potential applications:

Aether   - State/Storage/Data
Skywire - Communication
CX         - Computation

We are currently working on 3 main applications which are almost done:

- A VPN application based on the Skywire network protocol.
- A messaging application based on Skywire network protocol.
- A distributed content management system based on Aether/CXO.

Roadmap

Please note that all the dates mentioned here are tentative, and could be subject to further changes.

ICO & Coin Distribution

The ICO round is done for now. Skycoin has begun trading: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=SKY_BTC

Specifications

- New Consensus Algorithm: Obelisk
- Transaction time: 10 seconds
- Total Supply: 100 million SKY
- Coins divisible to 6 decimal places
- No inflation
- No mining

Features

Security:
- Higher level of security for non-technical users with improved ease of use
- Deterministic ESDSA, enforced signature mutability
- Hardening against SHA256 pre-image attacks, hardening against side channel attacks
- Hardening against "offline" attacks on secp256k1
- Optional quantum computer resistant: Two Step protocol transactions
- Standardized remote signature HMAC API for hardware wallet devices

Privacy:
- Skycoin transactions have higher privacy than Bitcoin transactions ("wallet mixing", "money pot")
- Skycoin protects its users from identification for increased safety in hostile countries (ex. HTTPS/TLS tunneling)
- Skycoin provides stenographic wallets

Usability:
- Wallet supports Bitcoin and Skycoin
- 15 second transactions (point-of-sale)
- Simple 256-bit deterministic wallets
- Clients only need unspent output set instead of whole block chain ("Snapshot")

Distributed Exchange:
- Off blockchain transactions (through standardized API, "gateway")
- Powerful scripting language for contracts (non-turing complete statically typed LISP variant)
- Open Transactions type crypto-equities, bonds, options and other securities
- OTC gateway API (based upon FIX, SWIFT, FIXatdl)

Skycoin Meshnet Project:
- Uses Skycoin Darknet protocol over wifi mesh network
- Uses receive Skycoin for providing transit
- Bridge the "last mile" between homes and fiber with a distributed wireless mesh networks and community ISPs.
- SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and the Comcast/Time Warner merger have made it clear that political solutions are no longer viable.

Skycoin CoinJoin Protocol:
- Skycoin naively supports a simplified CoinJoin protocol
- CoinJoin mixes transactions from multiple wallets to increase transaction privacy
- Skycoin is designed so that it is impossible to determine which transactions are CoinJoin transactions
- This protocol is much simpler than zero coin while dramatically improving transaction privacy.

Ecosystem And Strategic Partnerships

In addition to the innovative technology Skycoin brings to the market, we are actively discussing several strategic partnerships with exchanges, payment processors, businesses and other institutions, aiming to add considerable value and utility to the Skycoin ecosystem. Should discussions come to fruition and come the right time, we will make appropriate announcements.

Need Help?

We are working on a FAQ page which will be added shortly.

Future Updates

We intend to maintain a 2 week schedule update, providing a concise status report on how things progress.

Developers And Contributors

Skycoin is an open source project; the result of a large collaborative effort between multiple interdependent teams. We will work hard to create strong incentives through substantial bounties and rewards, ensuring an increasing inflow of valuable contributions to the project. We will make sure that people who contribute to the success of Skycoin will be proportionally compensated.

13Darko

Activity: 621
Merit: 507

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:31:14 PM

Been watching for Skycoin since years! Glad it's going to officially launch soon!

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to invest in such a great project at the moment, but if you are going to spread the word about it
and will be making bounties for OP, blogposts, whitepaper translations, please let me know!

I'll be glad to translate anything into Russian.

Thanks!

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:14:49 PM

hang on guys... so 10% of the coins will be sold in the ICO? 90% held back, where 70% will be used "in the future". Can you guys elaborate on that a bit? I'm interested in this project, but not while only 10% of the supply is circulating. I also suspect this will prevent quite a few exchanges from getting involved. Maybe I didn't understand this proposed distribution... can anyone help me with that? I'm likely to wait until more than 60% of the supply is out there to jump in, but good luck on your project! (hello from NEM Xtester)

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: