Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381489 times)
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 06:30:43 PM

Update:

We have a mobile wallet. Check the github https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin-mobilewallet

We have prototype of skycoin wallet compiled to run in browser. See https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin-cipher-web

We have a new desktop angular wallet, written from scratch. This is already in github, pull and test it out. Its about fifty times faster than the previous wallet. This will be in version 21.

The BBS is behind schedule but is supposed to working against in next two days, then launch.

The ICO was test for backend infrastructure. And will have new OTC infrastructure soon and even allow you to convert between Bitcoin and Skycoin within the wallet (Shapeshift type is in development now).

The third version of the Skywire Miner hardware is done. New PCB board arrived. Assembling the first six units. Then doing the first production run of 300 Skywire Miner kits via factory in Shenzhen.

We are working on Skyledger.net for all of the Skyledger coins (like Skycoin's ERC20 tokens). We have SunCoin doing an ICO right now and will exchange traded in Swiss commodities exchange by April. And we have five other tokens launched on the Skycoin platform already.
- http://solarbankers.com/

We are going to announce an exchange for all of the Skyledger tokens soon.

The Skycoin community size has more than doubled in the past two weeks.

New website will finally explain the components of Skycoin and where it is heading.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 07:46:46 PM

Congratulations!

Do you have link where to read up on skycoin consensus algorithm?

Disregard the iota shill/troll - in fact iota does not even have a consensus algorithm - it relies on a centralized Coordinator to function since its existence, and without the Coordinator iota would be worthless according to its main dev. Coordinator is closed source. See below.

what different about iota and adk, I find iota,s seed can use in adk 's wallet?The ending was so sour, did ADK copy the IOTA code? So here comes the question. Isn't the ADK worth buying? ADK‘s price is too low

I hope ADK copied Coordinator's code too, otherwise any price above zero is too high...
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 02:00:25 PM

Update:

We have a mobile wallet. Check the github https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin-mobilewallet

We have prototype of skycoin wallet compiled to run in browser. See https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin-cipher-web

We have a new desktop angular wallet, written from scratch. This is already in github, pull and test it out. Its about fifty times faster than the previous wallet. This will be in version 21.

The BBS is behind schedule but is supposed to working against in next two days, then launch.

The ICO was test for backend infrastructure. And will have new OTC infrastructure soon and even allow you to convert between Bitcoin and Skycoin within the wallet (Shapeshift type is in development now).

The third version of the Skywire Miner hardware is done. New PCB board arrived. Assembling the first six units. Then doing the first production run of 300 Skywire Miner kits via factory in Shenzhen.

We are working on Skyledger.net for all of the Skyledger coins (like Skycoin's ERC20 tokens). We have SunCoin doing an ICO right now and will exchange traded in Swiss commodities exchange by April. And we have five other tokens launched on the Skycoin platform already.
- http://solarbankers.com/

We are going to announce an exchange for all of the Skyledger tokens soon.

The Skycoin community size has more than doubled in the past two weeks.

New website will finally explain the components of Skycoin and where it is heading.

Thank you for all your latest posts here. 
Many questions answered and let's hope this will ends the non-stop non-sense harrasment from lisk

Really looking forward that new website!
 Cool
schnötzel
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 01:35:00 PM

Got some issues.

Opened my wallet after some weeks and it shows 0 skycoin, explorer says everything is fine and my coins are in the wallet. Installed new 0.19 wallet, still 0 coins and wallet is syncing since many hours.

any ideas?
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:51:48 AM

when is the next ico?

Do u mean this one?
https://www.skycoin.net/distribution/
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:23:35 AM

need a better PR team ..

the coin is good, but with shit PR.

running farm worldwide
elelegzet

Activity: 749

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:31:46 PM

need a better PR team ..

the coin is good, but with shit PR.

I think we might consider some bounties for PR-efforts. Mainly for some tech-savy articles for reputable IT media

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ń╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀
        ▓█▓███▓▒            `▀████████▄,       `
       ]▓█████▌                ╙████████▓,
       ]▓█████▌                  ╙▓█▓█▓▓▓█▓╖
       ]▓█████▌                    ╙▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ▓█████▓[            ,,       `▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
        ▓██████[            ╓@        ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖
        ╠██████▓          ╓▓▓▓▓m        ╙▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓@
         ▓█████╜       ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖╖,,,╓╖▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
         └▓█▓╜       ,@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓█▀
          '"       ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓█████████████▀╙        ,
                 ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╜    ╙▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▀▀▀▀╜          ╓▓▓▓╖
               g▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓`                          ,g▓▓▓▓▓▓▓w
            ,g▓██████████▓▄,                    ,╓@▓▓█▓▓▓█▓██╜
            ▓████████████████▓▄▄p╖,,     ,,╓µ▄▄▓██████████▓╜
            ▓█████╜╙▀███████████████████████████████████▀`
            ▓██▓╜     "▀▀███████████████████████████▀╜`
            ▓▀`            ╙▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀"
. COMSA
ICO: Oct 2 - Nov 6
█████
▄▄▄
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
▀▀▀
███
███
███
█████
█████
▄▄▄▄▄
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
▀▀▀▀▀
█████
█████
█████
█████
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 01:58:29 AM

Also can i ask when the skycoin will become fractionable? broken to less than one round unit?

And locked coins through an API for the next 14 years.

I did not get the comment about devs only gettin coins after 20 years. you lost me there..

Fractional coin support and timelocked distribution are in the v0.20 milestone, which also includes a new wallet.

This is the v0.20 milestone tracker:

https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/milestone/2

Timelocked distribution is already merged to the develop branch.

25% of the coins are immediately distributable (although we do not intend to distribute these in less than 1-2 years, and maybe up to 5 years).
Once this 25% is distributed, another 5% immediately becomes distributable (with a software update; the timestamp of the block that reached 25% distribution will be hardcoded).  This 5% is the first unlocked year and each subsequent year will unlock another 5%.  There is no requirement to spend the 5%, the unlocked amount will accumulate if unspent.

We are considering slowing down the timelock even further:

* 5% each year for 5 years
* 4% each year for 5 years
* 3% each year for 5 years
* 2% each year for 5 years
* 1% each year for 5 years

This make it last for 25 years instead of 14, and is better suited to our growth forecasts. Note that for technical reasons, locking is handled in 1% chunks, otherwise we would be doing exponential decay.

Fractional coin support requires some API changes.  Internally, the blockchain always supported up to 6 decimal places, but some APIs are using whole coins instead of 1e6 coins (droplets).  This is a priority because it affects the minimum exchange withdrawal fee.

Someone mentioned a bug about 0 balance.  I am not sure if this is the wallet frontend or because of the database file in the ~/.skycoin folder.  You can try deleting the *.db files in ~/.skycoin (do not delete your wallets!).

Wallet encryption is another important feature request but it is set for the v0.21 milestone.  We want to get the new wallet out first and add some improvements to assist in exchange integration for our coin.  One of the difficulties with getting skycoin listed on more exchanges, is that it has its own API so the exchanges can't reuse their bitcoin or erc20 code and add it in an afternoon.  So we are trying to make the integration process smooth for them.

Skycoin wallets use a bip32 mnemomic seed by default. The addresses in the wallet are generated deterministically.  So with this mnemonic seed, you can generate infinite addresses.  As a workaround to the lack of wallet encryption, you can memorize your mnemonic seed and delete the wlt file in ~/.skycoin/wallets.  Note that you will have to delete the wlt file after you close skycoin, it might save loaded wallets on shutdown.

We will be adding "temporary load from seed" for wallets in v0.21, which will not save the seed in the wallet file.  We can also do electrum style encryption, where we use a master key to encrypt the wallet files.  Each approach is different.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 06:18:25 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2017, 05:14:02 PM by skycoin

Skycoin Bounty Program is finally starting, read this for details:

https://blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-bounty-program-1/

Telegram channel for bounties: https://t.me/skycoinbounty

Bounties

Infographics about Skycoin, Skywire meshnet, BBS, CXO etc.

* 15 SKY each

Youtube Videos (e.g. vlog type material) about Skycoin in general

* 1 SKY per 1000 views
Must be from relevant (e.g. cryptocurrency related) youtube account
The video must be original content (or sufficiently modified derivative content).

Production Promotional Videos (e.g. describing skycoin technology)

* 150 SKY
* You can also post this to your youtube channel and collect that bounty
* Skycoin may use these on their own youtube channel or on the skycoin website

GIFs

* 20 SKY each

Blog posts, articles

* Negotiable based on views, publishing outlet, quality.
* Contact us ahead of time until we establish a way to value written content.

Please be sincere with content produced for the bounty program. If something appears to be done in bad faith we may reject or reduce the reward (for example, fake youtube views or sloppy infographics).

Special bonus for active community users:

* skycoin subreddit: https://reddit.com/r/skycoinproject
* 10 SKY - 100 skycoin subreddit posts
* 100 SKY - 500 skycoin subreddit posts
* 1000 SKY - 2500 skycoin subreddit posts

If you have other ideas for promoting skycoin that deserve a bounty, please suggest them in the telegram channels.

schnötzel
Legendary

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:57:15 AM

Got some issues.

Opened my wallet after some weeks and it shows 0 skycoin, explorer says everything is fine and my coins are in the wallet. Installed new 0.19 wallet, still 0 coins and wallet is syncing since many hours.

any ideas?

Nobody? Am i the only one with this problem?
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 02:10:21 PM

Skycoin Bounty Program is finally starting, read this for details:

https://blog.skycoin.net/statement/skycoin-bounty-program-1/

Telegram channel for bounties: https://t.me/skycoinbounty

Bounties

Infographics about Skycoin, Skywire meshnet, BBS, CXO etc.

* 15 SKY each

Youtube Videos (e.g. vlog type material) about Skycoin in general

* 1 SKY per 1000 views
    Must be from relevant (e.g. cryptocurrency related) youtube account
    The video must be original content (or sufficiently modified derivative content).

Production Promotional Videos (e.g. describing skycoin technology)

* 150 SKY
    * You can also post this to your youtube channel and collect that bounty
    * Skycoin may use these on their own youtube channel or on the skycoin website

GIFs

* 20 SKY each

Blog posts, articles

* Negotiable based on views, publishing outlet, quality.
    * Contact us ahead of time until we establish a way to value written content.

Please be sincere with content produced for the bounty program. If something appears to be done in bad faith we may reject or reduce the reward (for example, fake youtube views or sloppy infographics).

Special bonus for active community users:

* skycoin subreddit: https://reddit.com/r/skycoinproject
    * 10 SKY - 100 skycoin subreddit posts
    * 100 SKY - 500 skycoin subreddit posts
    * 1000 SKY - 2500 skycoin subreddit posts

If you have other ideas for promoting skycoin that deserve a bounty, please suggest them in the telegram channels.

Translations

Translate posts from the blog. https://blog.skycoin.net/

Accepted languages are:

• Deutsche
    • Espańol
    • 日本語
    • 한국어
    • 中文
    • Pyccкий

We may add more languages later but aren’t able to verify translations for other languages yet.

Every 500 words is 5 SKY. For example:

• 1-500 words: 5 SKY
    • 501-1000 words: 10 SKY
    • 1001-1500 words: 15 SKY
    • …and so on…

At the bottom of each English-language blog post, the reward for that article is shown.

The post must not already be translated.

If a post is already translated but you find mistakes or improvement, we can give a small reward as appropriate.

One or two other native speakers of the translated language must review the translation to check its quality. Bad translations will not receive a bounty, although you are free to improve it until it is accepted.[/list]

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
    August 30, 2017, 12:17:21 AM

Got some issues.

any ideas?

Do you have your seed written down, you can just import it - also the github wallet has been updated. You might be on a later wallet version.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
    August 30, 2017, 12:57:54 AM

Bounty program update:

GIF bounties have been removed until we clarify what we are looking for, people are just submitting low-effort giphy GIFs

kenobius
    Legendary

Activity: 1650
    Merit: 1033

View Profile
    August 30, 2017, 04:36:56 AM

Translations

I can translate into russian. This bounty will be for one person or for different? How can I reserved some blog post's translate? Is there a time limit?
    skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
    August 30, 2017, 06:21:54 AM

Translations

I can translate into russian. This bounty will be for one person or for different? How can I reserved some blog post's translate? Is there a time limit?

Go into the telegram bounty channel and ask if an article is being worked on first.  Russian and Chinese is usually assigned to someone though

schnötzel
    Legendary

Bitcoin is a bit**

View Profile
    August 31, 2017, 10:36:04 AM

Got some issues.

any ideas?

Do you have your seed written down, you can just import it - also the github wallet has been updated. You might be on a later wallet version.

Thanks for the answer. I will give it a try later. But it´s really strange.

1) I´ve got the latest version as mentioned before
    2) how can the coins disappear even on an old version? The adresses/ accounts are visible
    3) i can´t remember the wallet was ever syncing in the past (or i´m wrong?). 
    Adlebert Coalseed

Activity: 4
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    September 02, 2017, 12:36:37 PM

Got some issues.

any ideas?

2) how can the coins disappear even on an old version? The adresses/ accounts are visible

Depends if you're using Windows. I think I had the same problem after upgrading, where it would keep on synching indefinitely and just show a balance of 0.
    Turns out that before I could install the new wallet, I had to delete the folders Skycoin creates in these spots: C:\Users\[Username]\.skycoin and C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Skycoin.

It seems like the older stuff doesn't get deleted from inside, so when you try opening the v0.19 wallet, it tries to use stuff from the v0.18 version.
    So yeah, try deleting everything including any hidden folders, then do a fresh install. It's probably the same for iOS. Hope this helps.
    skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
    September 02, 2017, 01:20:09 PM

Got some issues.

any ideas?

Depends if you're using Windows. I think I had the same problem after upgrading, where it would keep on synching indefinitely and just show a balance of 0.
    Turns out that before I could install the new wallet, I had to delete the folders Skycoin creates in these spots: C:\Users\[Username]\.skycoin and C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Skycoin.

It seems like the older stuff doesn't get deleted from inside, so when you try opening the v0.19 wallet, it tries to use stuff from the v0.18 version.
    So yeah, try deleting everything including any hidden folders, then do a fresh install. It's probably the same for iOS. Hope this helps.

Make sure you save C:\Users\[Username]\.skycoin\wallets or have a backup of your seed first

LiskEnterprise

Activity: 268
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    September 02, 2017, 01:24:24 PM

Why even have a wallet or save a wallet if you just need to save the seed of words as the key?

Will Wallet 2 be an online wallet where you can just enter with your seed?

Have the seed saved in cache and add a pin number, easy for login on the same computer.

Like Nxt can enter with an account or active with the seed.

Or https://heatwallet.com/#/login

Just enter seed, then further login is with pin..

http://heatledger.com LIVE ICO 3.0 GENERATION CRYPTO WITH COMPANY STOCK IPO OPTIONS
    skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
    September 02, 2017, 01:37:51 PM

Why even have a wallet or save a wallet if you just need to save the seed of words as the key?

Will Wallet 2 be an online wallet where you can just enter with your seed?

Have the seed saved in cache and add a pin number, easy for login on the same computer.

Like Nxt can enter with an account or active with the seed.

Or https://heatwallet.com/#/login

Just enter seed, then further login is with pin..

You may be surprised to know but a web wallet in which you do not run a node requires a central server in operation and of course becomes unavailable when the server shuts down.  It is also vulnerable to DNS hijacking, MITM and a handful of other attacks. The server itself could become compromised.

Anyway, we have one planned since people prefer the convenience despite the risks.

https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin-cipher-web

This is the code for in-browser address generation and transaction signing for Skycoin. Just hasn't been turned into a app.

Our efforts are focused on improving the desktop wallet first.

Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
      Print  

Jump to: