Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:23:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381521 times)
sirbin2000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:21:43 PM

I just transfered (literally few ming ago) 41 SKY to my new wallet and already have 12013 SKY hours, is this normal?

How long were they on the exchange before you transferred them? I think it may be possible the coin hours accumulated on the exchange and got sent with the coins, other than that I have no idea!
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 09:51:15 PM

I'd be surprised if Poloniex listed it with a question mark over the remaining 95% of the supply being in the dev's control regardless of the longevity and validity of the project.
Exactly, I've read everything that the dev has said in this thread recently but nothing he said really gives an excuse for this. Distribution should be a priority or the whole project just looks incompetent, the more people find out about the coin while the distribution is basically non existent, the more people will lose interest in the project simply because they have no access to the coins at a normal price, knowing that devs are holding 95% of the supply and the coin has already been in development for 3.5 years.

I love this coin, 3.5 Years of development, that is good but distribution cannot be the same, you are confusing the economy for no reason and there will always be a big question mark above this project. I have traded cryptos on this forum for about 4 years now and this is one of the worst distributions I've ever seen, putting a huge stain on its amazing tech, there is no excuse for this.

this^  Cool  +1

Doesn't Byteball raise any questions when they distribute their coins? It was on per month basis before, but now it seems they'll distribute it only as a cashback program. And it is still tradable on Bittrex though.
What about 50+ multi-million $ ERC-20 tokens, whose developers keep 50% of the tokens for themselves, or similar blockchain projects (like NEO)?

Considering Skycoin has ~6m coins (6%) at the moment and 75% are going to be distributed automatically to Skywire nodes, the team has access only to the remaining 19% of the coins, which they plan to release at OTC.

I think, this project with a 5 years old history can be already considered as legit, because no one was scammed or something.

I totally agree here. I like the automated distribution

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 04:39:25 AM

I'd be surprised if Poloniex listed it with a question mark over the remaining 95% of the supply being in the dev's control regardless of the longevity and validity of the project.
Exactly, I've read everything that the dev has said in this thread recently but nothing he said really gives an excuse for this. Distribution should be a priority or the whole project just looks incompetent, the more people find out about the coin while the distribution is basically non existent, the more people will lose interest in the project simply because they have no access to the coins at a normal price, knowing that devs are holding 95% of the supply and the coin has already been in development for 3.5 years.

I love this coin, 3.5 Years of development, that is good but distribution cannot be the same, you are confusing the economy for no reason and there will always be a big question mark above this project. I have traded cryptos on this forum for about 4 years now and this is one of the worst distributions I've ever seen, putting a huge stain on its amazing tech, there is no excuse for this.

this^  Cool  +1

Doesn't Byteball raise any questions when they distribute their coins? It was on per month basis before, but now it seems they'll distribute it only as a cashback program. And it is still tradable on Bittrex though.
What about 50+ multi-million $ ERC-20 tokens, whose developers keep 50% of the tokens for themselves, or similar blockchain projects (like NEO)?

Considering Skycoin has ~6m coins (6%) at the moment and 75% are going to be distributed automatically to Skywire nodes, the team has access only to the remaining 19% of the coins, which they plan to release at OTC.

I think, this project with a 5 years old history can be already considered as legit, because no one was scammed or something.

Distribution methodology is an ongoing process.

With distribution models there is no best one. You have to do a hybrid distribution model. So there was crowdsale and now there will be miners. So this gives median average distribution - allowing everyone advantages in the system - meaning more equal distribution theoretically, basically meaning the distribution is not centralized.

So the theory we came to was everything should be decentralized to make a decentralized project lowering all barriers to entry.

If you look at the correlation (technically or mining hardware setup) maybe mining is too advanced for some people (higher technical barrier to entry).

Exchange involvement is a lower barrier to entry with regards to tech but a (higher financial barrier to entry).

This distribution model gives better opportunity for both sides.

There will be more distribution models in the future but these are two basic ones to increase fairness and general distribution.

The next one will probably be contribution to the network and otherwise so just running a basic node.

So you dont need tech experience just launch an .exe and you get coins for running it (pure node).

It is still a work in progress. But essentially hybridization of the distribution is the most fair approach for distribution outside general POW (proof of work).

sarpau1

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 07:05:53 AM

I just transfered (literally few ming ago) 41 SKY to my new wallet and already have 12013 SKY hours, is this normal?

No, after purchasing i insta transfered them

How long were they on the exchange before you transferred them? I think it may be possible the coin hours accumulated on the exchange and got sent with the coins, other than that I have no idea!
13Darko

Activity: 621
Merit: 507

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:47:04 PM

No, after purchasing i insta transfered them

Yes, it's working like what you have described at the moment. On every transaction, coinhours are somehow splitted between the current wallet and the one you send your skycoins to (including an exchange's one).

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
mushroomalert

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:11:55 PM

My official wallet, latest version not a syncing blocks

What happened?

https://i.imgur.com/4PPeS80.png
https://i.imgur.com/knvySqt.png
https://i.imgur.com/vxX9UWE.png

And what i need doing? Transactions not works
xyzzyx

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:57:38 PM

My official wallet, latest version not a syncing blocks

What happened?

https://i.imgur.com/4PPeS80.png
https://i.imgur.com/knvySqt.png
https://i.imgur.com/vxX9UWE.png

And what i need doing? Transactions not works

Backup your wallet's .wlt files (or write down your seeds) then delete the skycoin configuration directory and all its files.  Restore your wallet from the backups or seeds.  You will download the blockchain from the beginning but it should fully sync.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
benedictonathan

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:05:33 AM

It is interesting coin to check. Just saw it today. By any chance someone know when this coin will be used for any form of digital currency that would allow one to buy and sell digital goods and services across cyberspace. I would like to check on that one. Thank you for checking with my question.

e GOLD
..M   I   N   I   N   G
                                     ██
                                  o█████
                                ,████P███
                               d████'  Y█
                              d████'    ██
                            ,████PLd█.  ███
                           d█████████'   Y██b████
                      _  ,██████████[     '█████████
                   _o███b███████████     ,d███████P██
                  o████████PO████████   ,██████████`"███
                d████████P',███████P   d███████████    YYbo█████
             ,o███████P"' d███████P  ,█████P `Y███       `███PY███
         ,██████████'    `Y███P''   d█PP`'     `"'         Y██L `Y██
        o██"""'██P'      d██P'     `P'                     `████L Y███
      ,██P    o█'       o█P                                  `Y██L Y███
     d██P               `                                      Y██   Y███
   ,████' ,p                                                    `'     `Y██
  o███P                                                                  `███
,████P                                                                     `Y███

Passive Income For eGM Token Holders
Through Cryptocurrency Mining Profits

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

WHITEPAPER

How it Works
███

███

INVEST NOW

███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███

We plan to be the first USA
cryptosecurity that pays investors
a share of net profits every month
regardless of the state of the market.
chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:11:13 AM

It is interesting coin to check. Just saw it today. By any chance someone know when this coin will be used for any form of digital currency that would allow one to buy and sell digital goods and services across cyberspace. I would like to check on that one. Thank you for checking with my question.

It already had both desktop and Android wallet, so consumer-side is there. 
It falls short in APIs (afaik this is in the working) so merchant/exchange side is not there yet. 
But Skycoin is not trying to be Yet Another 'digital currency'.

It has zero-fees like IOTA.
51% attack resistant.
very fast transactions - in seconds.
Programming language and immutable objects (non Turing complete; smaller attack surface).
Side-chains for dApps like QTUM
Suited for asynchronous communication (meshnet, messaging, BBS, etc)
GTTIGER

Activity: 527

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:58:54 AM

It already had both desktop and Android wallet, so consumer-side is there. 
It falls short in APIs (afaik this is in the working) so merchant/exchange side is not there yet. 
But Skycoin is not trying to be Yet Another 'digital currency'.

It has zero-fees like IOTA.
51% attack resistant.
very fast transactions - in seconds.
Programming language and immutable objects (non Turing complete; smaller attack surface).
Side-chains for dApps like QTUM
Suited for asynchronous communication (meshnet, messaging, BBS, etc)

Really 0 fees?
Wow, when you list it out like that it makes me want to buy more.

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 09:36:57 AM

coinmarketcap.com is updated - thanks to the site and the great job they are doing.

Thanks very much Gliss and the team!

omaraha

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:37:34 PM

Great project
I wish you success and progress
Thanks Dave
chompyZ

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:29:22 PM

Really 0 fees?
Wow, when you list it out like that it makes me want to buy more.

Yes, zero-fees. nada.
If you missed this crucial detail, then you must be still observing things from a 1st-generation cryptonomics stance.

Where can I find this Android wallet?

https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin-mobilewallet

Note: i was lazy and downloaded the android wallet from Google Play, but it was just to play with it.
If you intend to store skycoins on this mobile wallet, d/l and make from github.
herome2

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:40:59 PM

I see someone in the thread is discussing Qtum and skycoin, I'm sorry, I do not understand the relationship between them, there is understanding of the truth of the predecessors?
chompyZ

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:13:17 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2017, 05:29:54 PM by chompyZ

I see someone in the thread is discussing Qtum and skycoin, I'm sorry, I do not understand the relationship between them, there is understanding of the truth of the predecessors?

No relationship between the two.

Edit: QTUM is bitcoin's code, amended to use proof-of-stake consensus, and with the Ethereum's smart contract and EVM running on top.
Skycoin is a completely newly developed codebase, with a unique self-reliant/verification consensus algorithm that has no need for miners or gatekeepers, built from the ground up in GO language (more modern and flexible than C++), running decentralized objects and smart-contract-like autonomous code on side-chains, so this data is essentially 'off-chain' and doesn't bloat the blockchain.
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:37:47 AM

this^  Cool  +1

With distribution models there is no best one. You have to do a hybrid distribution model. So there was crowdsale and now there will be miners. So this gives median average distribution - allowing everyone advantages in the system - meaning more equal distribution theoretically, basically meaning the distribution is not centralized.

So the theory we came to was everything should be decentralized to make a decentralized project lowering all barriers to entry.

If you look at the correlation (technically or mining hardware setup) maybe mining is too advanced for some people (higher technical barrier to entry).

Exchange involvement is a lower barrier to entry with regards to tech but a (higher financial barrier to entry).

There will be more distribution models in the future but these are two basic ones to increase fairness and general distribution.

The next one will probably be contribution to the network and otherwise so just running a basic node.

So you dont need tech experience just launch an .exe and you get coins for running it (pure node).

It is still a work in progress. But essentially hybridization of the distribution is the most fair approach for distribution outside general POW (proof of work).

What is the best place to be up to date? Telegram?

ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 10:33:56 AM

this^  Cool  +1

What is the best place to be up to date? Telegram?

Yes you can join telegram here: https://t.me/Skycoin

Devs are always active everyone is free to join Smiley

12inchMom

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

I am Joe Blow, the lover man! You should pay me.

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 05:49:58 AM

damn i spent on this one. it was $5.12 when i checked it last week. i planned to invest at the ending of this weeks. my fucking luck all alts crash and the one coin i was interested in end ups mooning.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 01:28:48 PM

damn i spent on this one. it was $5.12 when i checked it last week. i planned to invest at the ending of this weeks. my fucking luck all alts crash and the one coin i was interested in end ups mooning.
So you missed the opportunity to join at a lower price?
Actually you don't need to regret. Sky is fluctuating all the time. You'll have your chance.
mikeltxor

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:32:16 PM

This is the next Big Thing and it seems only a few have noticed. My best investment, no doubt.
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: