Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:37:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381513 times)
bubblebullet

Activity: 35
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

We'll see within a few months. Actually I was just reading up on Iota some more and turns out it is vulnerable to hacking.You only need more than 33% of the hashing power of the network to overcome it. I suspect Sky has similar vulnerability. Skycoin doesn't have the sheer hashing power to prevent a hack. Those supposed miners are low power.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirbin2000

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:28:17 PM

We'll see within a few months. Actually I was just reading up on Iota some more and turns out it is vulnerable to hacking.You only need more than 33% of the hashing power of the network to overcome it. I suspect Sky has similar vulnerability. Skycoin doesn't have the sheer hashing power to prevent a hack. Those supposed miners are low power.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Read about the obelisk on their blog, they are not vulnerable.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:35:56 PM

try

Code:
CGO_ENABLED=0 go get github.com/skycoin/skycoin/...

Thanks a lot.
I was able to install and run the wallet.
The UI is very nice and simple I like it.

I have question about security.
The wallet does not require any password to open also I see
the .wlt file is a json file containing the seed and other data in plain text.

After wallet backup can I remove this file from the computer or delete the seed from it
or this file should be always present in
/home/$USER/.skycoin/
directory?

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:51:39 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about. Read about the obelisk on their blog, they are not vulnerable.

I agree with Sirbin, Skycoin is completely different from what you're used to. So before you make a fool out of yourself and make biased assumptions why not first research it and then start critising the project? Criticism is great but it has to have some rational foundation first and your assumption has none.

ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:24:30 AM

try

Code:
CGO_ENABLED=0 go get github.com/skycoin/skycoin/...

Thanks a lot.
I was able to install and run the wallet.
The UI is very nice and simple I like it.

I have question about security.
The wallet does not require any password to open also I see
the .wlt file is a json file containing the seed and other data in plain text.

After wallet backup can I remove this file from the computer or delete the seed from it
or this file should be always present in
/home/$USER/.skycoin/
directory?

Never delete the seed. This is the most important concept - the private key is derived from the initial seed function.

Treat the seed as a private key.

timenewroyal

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:27:55 AM

Will these run on Windows, or can they run on linux vps?
canwithme

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:28:24 AM

This is not IPO. It should be called get-rich-fast scheme....
AND don't compare yourself with ripple, maidsafe....
hemakira

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:28:49 AM

will keep watch this coin, when will this coin start?
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:29:14 AM

Will these run on Windows, or can they run on linux vps?

You can run wallet on all operating systems.

Here is where you can download:

https://github.com/skycoin/skycoin/releases

If you want to build from scratch you can do that also  Cool (linux).

jacasta19

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:29:55 AM

I like all your efforts and think this is really a valueable project.

But from an economics perspective I have doubts regarding your "macro economic policy" - there are tons of factors to consider if you want to stabilize an exchange rate. A read through some economic literature will help you see that no system ever managed to keep an exchange rate stable or almost stable over a long period of time.
ICOcountdown.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 07:12:32 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 08:54:57 AM by ICOcountdown.com

I like all your efforts and think this is really a valueable project.

But from an economics perspective I have doubts regarding your "macro economic policy" - there are tons of factors to consider if you want to stabilize an exchange rate. A read through some economic literature will help you see that no system ever managed to keep an exchange rate stable or almost stable over a long period of time.

There is no rationale for stabilization that would relate to centralized control.

djpitagora

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:43:47 PM

I want to see the price of SKY $ 100, I've invested about $ 1000 a year ago and I'm glad now I get a huge profit but I think the price should be even higher than now.
Well it did rise somewhat over the lest few days. I bought a little about a week ago but it looked scammy so I sold at a small loss. Turned out I should have waited a few days because I could have made a slight profit now. For the price to really increase, Synth would have to do a video demonstrating this system working, tx in 4 seconds and no fees deducted. Right now the Skyledger system is completely unvetted. The obvious question is why Synth would wait around for 4 years to bother doing such a demonstration. Here are the demonstration parameters; two unbiased crypto YouTubers sitting in a room each with a laptop. One sends a tx to the other, timer running. What's hard about that?

jeez dude, just install the wallet on two computers and send some sky around. I did that it worked for me. It's a very simple test that you can do your self. Don't need experts for that.
bubblebullet

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:41:58 PM

I want to see the price of SKY $ 100, I've invested about $ 1000 a year ago and I'm glad now I get a huge profit but I think the price should be even higher than now.
Well it did rise somewhat over the lest few days. I bought a little about a week ago but it looked scammy so I sold at a small loss. Turned out I should have waited a few days because I could have made a slight profit now. For the price to really increase, Synth would have to do a video demonstrating this system working, tx in 4 seconds and no fees deducted. Right now the Skyledger system is completely unvetted. The obvious question is why Synth would wait around for 4 years to bother doing such a demonstration. Here are the demonstration parameters; two unbiased crypto YouTubers sitting in a room each with a laptop. One sends a tx to the other, timer running. What's hard about that?

jeez dude, just install the wallet on two computers and send some sky around. I did that it worked for me. It's a very simple test that you can do your self. Don't need experts for that.
Well that's something positive then. How long did it take? Try timing it.I didn't want to pay 1 Skycoin to withdraw some to test with. Maybe it works as advertised, but Synth clearly pre-mined a bunch for himself and could simply walk away from the project any time he wants and the coin would die out like all the others. Are YOU going to develop it after Synth dumps and runs?
sirbin2000

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:04:37 PM

Well that's something positive then. How long did it take? Try timing it.I didn't want to pay 1 Skycoin to withdraw some to test with. Maybe it works as advertised, but Synth clearly pre-mined a bunch for himself and could simply walk away from the project any time he wants and the coin would die out like all the others. Are YOU going to develop it after Synth dumps and runs?

Go away what do you care, let us get scammed in peace if that's what you think will happen.
13Darko

Activity: 621
Merit: 507

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:27:16 PM

I've never seen a coin being deposited on an exchange as fast as Skycoin. So you are talking nonsense. If Synth "dumps and runs", lol what?

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
SEOProject

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:41:12 PM

Go away what do you care, let us get scammed in peace if that's what you think will happen.

Do not worry Be Happy  Wink Stay, it's only just beginning
bubblebullet

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:47:53 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 09:10:40 AM by bubblebullet

I've never seen a coin being deposited on an exchange as fast as Skycoin. So you are talking nonsense. If Synth "dumps and runs", lol what?
Any coin can get on Cryptopia. All you have to do is pay $1400. They have a page with the prices for stuff like that. It's in services/Paytopia. It says subject to developer review, but my guess is they'll list anybody who pays. Many coins get on Cryptopia that can't get on any other exchange. Ormeus coin is on there and they're a pure scam.Now it's possible this skycoin thing is real. I guess the developer deserves to get compensation for their work so if they can find people who will pay for their pre-mined coins then good for them I guess. Everybody gotta make a buck, or several million. The coin seems to be doing better on Cryptopia though, so I guess some people are happy with it. Hopefully my suspicions were wrong and it's all on the up n up.
avandrim

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:44:42 AM

Hi guys I wonder if there will be possibility to 'port' other blockchains such us tau-chain or maidsafe and agnostic tokens such as IEXEC to skynet?
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:02:58 PM

Any coin can get on Cryptopia. All you have to do is pay $1400. They have a page with the prices for stuff like that. It's in services/Paytopia. It says subject to developer review, but my guess is they'll list anybody who pays. Many coins get on Cryptopia that can't get on any other exchange. Ormeus coin is on there and they're a pure scam.Now it's possible this skycoin thing is real. I guess the developer deserves to get compensation for their work so if they can find people who will pay for their pre-mined coins then good for them I guess. Everybody gotta make a buck, or several million. The coin seems to be doing better on Cryptopia though, so I guess some people are happy with it. Hopefully my suspicions were wrong and it's all on the up n up.

cryptopia always claims a big stash in coins from the project isn´t it?

browndog785

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:55:40 PM

That withdrawal fee of 1SKY on Cryptopia is insane!!
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: