Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:55:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381508 times)
NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 05:24:05 AM

Skycoin realtime data on web; working with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
https://bitscreener.com/coins/skycoin/real_time

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3037

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:45:35 AM

If someone have some working nodes wfor the wallet please pm them , so we can add them to the wallet !

Regards Lafu

Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:35:02 AM

Just got our miner and started putting it together. Time is scarce but it should be moving along soonest. Some comments and images will continue to be posted on our site as the project proceeds:
http://bunkerofdoom.com/sky/

nice read. You could add your story to the official forum too  Wink
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:14:37 PM

If someone have some working nodes wfor the wallet please pm them , so we can add them to the wallet !

Regards Lafu

I think the best help is via Telegram.

m3ndi3

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:42:02 PM

We have high expectations for skycoin as well. Celebrate a complex environment with many various uses. The majority of the investors tend to be scared away however with benefit amount of coins being kept by the developer team.
hardalisas

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:02:20 AM

We have high expectations for skycoin as well. Celebrate a complex environment with many various uses. The majority of the investors tend to be scared away however with benefit amount of coins being kept by the developer team.
Yes. That is the issue scaring away most investors.
If the team can solve it in a good way, Skycoin can be much more appealing.
cryptoman2.0

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:33:43 PM

I think another issue is the write ups, I dont know eatherway, but when I see people taking the time there guys did to dig into the project, it does make for a very poor investment
Analyzing a Scam Coin: Skycoin (Is it a Scam or Not?!)
https://btcmanager.com/analyzing-scam-coin-skycoin-scam-not/

Skycoin: Anatomy of a cryptocurrency scam

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/15/anatomy-of-a-cryptocurrency-scam-in-the-wild/

To balance the argument this was the teams response
https://medium.com/@Skycoinproject/is-skycoin-a-scam-c5d47ab80d2f
Exister

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:29:35 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2018, 08:06:16 AM by Exister

I think another issue is the write ups, I dont know eatherway, but when I see people taking the time there guys did to dig into the project, it does make for a very poor investment
Analyzing a Scam Coin: Skycoin (Is it a Scam or Not?!)
https://web.archive.org/web/20180313232536/https://btcmanager.com/analyzing-scam-coin-skycoin-scam-not/

Skycoin: Anatomy of a cryptocurrency scam

https://web.archive.org/web/20180319091612/https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/02/15/anatomy-of-a-cryptocurrency-scam-in-the-wild/

To balance the argument this was the teams response
https://medium.com/@Skycoinproject/is-skycoin-a-scam-c5d47ab80d2f

Boring and old fake news. Don't give them the clicks, at least use http://archive.is/ or https://web.archive.org/ if your morbid curiosity got the best of you.

If you want to read a decent article critical of Skycoin read this one.
https://www.coinstaker.com/shitcoin-of-the-week-sky/
Down to earth and scathing, an enjoyable read, thumbs up for fair play.

It doesn't really get into the FUD around Skycoin distribution regarding the popular claim that Skycoins are "premined". In order to shine light on that subject try thinking of undistributed Skycoin as not yet mined, in order to mine a coin you need to work for it.
https://medium.com/@Skycoinproject/what-is-a-skycoin-skyminer-f2f5a7ed9d7f

The technical reason for separating mining from blockchain based coin emission is to disassociate the consensus algorithm from financial reward due to overwhelming evidence that such a dependency leads to perverse incentives.

Distribution of cryptocurrencies are a major challenge to the decentralization of any ecosystem built upon them. Note that the benefits of decentralization are intangible as the consequences of creeping centralization are emergent and driven by human action. While the vast majority of Skycoin is yet to be distributed, there is quite alot of history to the discussions surrounding distribution of Skycoin, much of which can be reviewed in this very forum thread. This article manages to describe the rationale, history and future of Skycoin distribution with clarity and impartiality.
https://christianott.co/skycoin_distribution_en/
tangtang800

Activity: 317
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:00:52 AM

We've always wanted a safer, more open, distributed network, and I'm glad to see that skycoin is building such a network.
Tuku

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:57:37 AM

Howdy folks, I just came over from Substratum threads to check out the competition and I am quite pleased with what I see here. 

Skycoin is 100 percent pre-mined.  I do not like and will not invest in this project.

If you want to see the decentralized web ALREADY in progress, beta tested (it works) and 1 step from public beta release (OPEN SOURCE!!!)   

Check out Substratum--Their tech is too good to be true but it actually works, already..
 & it doesn't cost you anything to host a node..
koniu57

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:35:15 PM

how much I Need to run Masternood?
Exister

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:18:09 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 06:21:48 PM by Exister

Howdy folks, I just came over from Substratum threads to check out the competition and I am quite pleased with what I see here.  

Skycoin is 100 percent pre-mined.  I do not like and will not invest in this project.

If you want to see the decentralized web ALREADY in progress, beta tested (it works) and 1 step from public beta release (OPEN SOURCE!!!)  

Check out Substratum--Their tech is too good to be true but it actually works, already..

Pretty rude comment.

But anyway, your competition is governments and corporations that wish to stand between you and the freedom to use telecommunications technology to its fullest. By promoting animosity between communities you are playing into the hands of the enemy.

how much I Need to run Masternood?

Skycoin does not have Masternodes. We have Skyminers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG1QdyZzBzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KnSb_tDbMQ
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:54:32 AM

Ha, I finally got my SKY coins off Cryptopia which, unfortunately, is now a 3rd rate exchange...
It's only a matter of time before a major like Binance lists SKY.
Adlebert Coalseed

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:56:04 AM

Skycoin is 100 percent pre-mined.  I do not like and will not invest in this project.

>Complains about Skycoin being pre-mined
>Promotes his ICO-issued ERC20 token without its own blockchain

And there's not much to check out with Substratum, seeing as they don't even have a github.
Also, when a project can't get their own supply right and CMC suddenly adds about 130 million based on
a community member's calculations, that would be the moment I'd personally start worrying about my SUB-bags.
Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:12:38 PM

Ha, I finally got my SKY coins off Cryptopia which, unfortunately, is now a 3rd rate exchange...

In order to get to Binance, the project needs a working product. I think it could happen after testnet. But will the team want to spend money on placing on Binance? Huh

Exister

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:43:36 PM

Skycoin is 100 percent pre-mined.  I do not like and will not invest in this project.

And there's not much to check out with Substratum, seeing as they don't even have a github.
Also, when a project can't get their own supply right and CMC suddenly adds about 130 million based on
a community member's calculations, that would be the moment I'd personally start worrying about my SUB-bags.

Cruel, but its hard to argue with this.

Make sure to edit the subject to read "[SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement " before replying to that post.

In order to get to Binance, the project needs a working product. I think it could happen after testnet. But will the team want to spend money on placing on Binance? Huh

Skycoin already has many working products to show for its years of bustling development, and there is no end in sight.

CX programming language with dapps being built. You can get involved also.
Skycoin Fiber token platform with multiple independent active projects. And these projects do not face scalability problems unlike Ethereum.
10 second transactions with no transaction fees. And spam prevention.
UXTX transaction model that separates outputs from transaction objects increasing simplicity, efficiency, native coinjoin privacy protocol support.
to name a few.

You mentioned Binance, there are 300 coins listed on there. How many of them do you think have working products?

Skycoin is not one of these recent ICOs, I encourage you to take some time and familiarize yourself with the project. It almost sounds like you are trying to establish some flimsy narrative attempting to level the playingfield by declaring all of Skycoins development inadmissable for evaluation of fundamentals.

Skycoin has very strict coin distribution rules. This is essential to carry out its doctrine for decentralization. There are no tricks they can pull to get early listing on major exchanges. Skycoin is committed to development, and in such a frothy market environment it can be a temporary disadvantage if competing against projects that are committed to marketing instead.

I'm not trying to bash all other projects, note that i have only named one other coin, Ethereum.

That being said, Skycoin is being listed on at least one major exchange in a short time. It is not permitted to discuss specifics because as you might have heard before, these big exchanges force you to sign an NDA and if you violate it they refuse to list your coin and do not refund any fees you have paid.
sirbin2000

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:10:37 AM

Make sure to edit the subject to read "[SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement " before replying to that post.

Skycoin already has many working products to show for its years of bustling development, and there is no end in sight.

Skycoin Fiber token platform with multiple independent active projects. And these projects do not face scalability problems unlike Ethereum.
UXTX transaction model that separates outputs from transaction objects increasing simplicity, efficiency, native coinjoin privacy protocol support.
to name a few.

You mentioned Binance, there are 300 coins listed on there. How many of them do you think have working products?

Skycoin is not one of these recent ICOs, I encourage you to take some time and familiarize yourself with the project. It almost sounds like you are trying to establish some flimsy narrative attempting to level the playingfield by declaring all of Skycoins development inadmissable for evaluation of fundamentals.

Skycoin has very strict coin distribution rules. This is essential to carry out its doctrine for decentralization. There are no tricks they can pull to get early listing on major exchanges. Skycoin is committed to development, and in such a frothy market environment it can be a temporary disadvantage if competing against projects that are committed to marketing instead.

I'm not trying to bash all other projects, note that i have only named one other coin, Ethereum.

That being said, Skycoin is being listed on at least one major exchange in a short time. It is not permitted to discuss specifics because as you might have heard before, these big exchanges force you to sign an NDA and if you violate it they refuse to list your coin and do not refund any fees you have paid.

This is all summed up nicely. In my experience the transactions are less than 3 seconds, but if there was no computer lag it would probably be instant, can't beat it though. Any fud about Skycoin is a worthless attempt. If you do your research and see how long it has been developed, look at the GitHub and everything else you will see that this project is the biggest sleeping giant there has ever been. You will see in time.
standards

Activity: 560
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:33:02 AM

to name a few.

This is all summed up nicely. In my experience the transactions are less than 3 seconds, but if there was no computer lag it would probably be instant, can't beat it though. Any fud about Skycoin is a worthless attempt. If you do your research and see how long it has been developed, look at the GitHub and everything else you will see that this project is the biggest sleeping giant there has ever been. You will see in time.
I must admit that the transaction speed of Skycoin is really amazing.
I don't know how it is made possible, but it is really a good feature.
What I worried the most at this point is that Skycoin might never drop to a much lower price.
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:51:22 AM

Wow nice pump. Any news?
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:17:25 PM

Wow nice pump. Any news?
I am also wondering why is such a big pump.
I guess there is some guy knowing some big news we are not aware of.
Unluckily my bid at 80k was not filled yet.
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: