Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:54:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 01:53:48 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 02:17:57 AM by Rofo

BTCGeek has just run an article on NobleCoin titled 'Technical Innovation vs. Social Innovation: NobleCoin Case Study' -
http://btcgeek.com/noblecoin-case-study/.

Check it out and leave a comment or two to help us continue to get our name out there.

On reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1yo58v/btcgeek_technical_innovation_vs_social_innovation/, and here: http://www.reddit.com/r/NobleCoin/comments/1yo56p/btcgeek_technical_innovation_vs_social_innovation/.

Edit: This isn't the surprise mentioned above! Smiley I'm just honoured that we're starting to be noticed and positively in the blogosphere.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:09:14 AM

BTCGeek has just run an article on NobleCoin titled 'Technical Innovation vs. Social Innovation: NobleCoin Case Study' -

Check it out and leave a comment or two to help us continue to get our name out there.

On reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/1yo58v/btcgeek_technical_innovation_vs_social_innovation/, and here: http://www.reddit.com/r/NobleCoin/comments/1yo56p/btcgeek_technical_innovation_vs_social_innovation/.

Edit: This isn't the surprise mentioned above! Smiley I'm just honoured that we're starting to be noticed and positively in the blogosphere.

I saw this article and it was really awesome to read. It's about time that there is a coin that focused on ethos and the social aspect. You guys are doing a wonderful job with everything!
YourMine.org

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 06:11:41 AM

Sounds good hope it works. Smiley this contact trustworthy?  :/

You are damn right I'm trustworthy Cool Information to come shortly gentlemen.

No offence intended.

This world we are in is so full of scams false information and let downs it feels very uphill and hard to trust anyone. NOBLE is a light in the crypto wilderness.

Look forward to your updates.

Trustworthy + 2 Noble should be called GLOBAL as thats where it's flying to next:-)
Grrizz

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:21:53 AM

maybe it got to do with the guy promising lots of recurring buyers for 1,000,000 noble? sort of referral program or something?
im excited!

I will say it's not an artificial/natural pump of funds like this as it would be wrong to let that idea float around in case community members got burnt. It is promotional in nature, with multiple guaranteed press releases and articles on websites that attract 10s of thousands of potential new community members and coin buyers - the type of market that will lap up the marketplace deals and truly want to get on board (I personally feel) because of it. Cheers.
Sounds exciting, Nobles still my favourite coin but things have been a bit quiet the last couple of weeks, a good shake up and some press is much needed IMO... still cant complain about the cheap prices atm Wink
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:04:43 AM

With respect to this coin, please allow me to say this:

Noble desperately needs to get on a major exchange, such as cryptsy being the top candidate. Current minor exchanges are choking the life out of this coin that has achieved so much in such short time (AMAZON GIFT CARDS? For a 1 month old ALT COIN?). Being spread out around so many minor and unstable exchanges is not an advantage - it dilutes demand and supply, and is actually bad for a coin in the long term.

Greater publicity and greater interest generated by steady work of our good developers is also necessary and should coincide with anticipated listing on cryptsy.

This coin is multi-pool resistant, and is scrypt based. That counts for something.

Combined with efforts devs have already put into this coin, it should signal a good time to burst it out into the open and bring its potential to the full view of the public instead of being buried in the sub-sub forum here.

Right now, being buried here and also not being visible enough due to lack of 'right' kind of publicity (do anything - there is little such thing as bad publicity) is suffocating demand.

#1, ensure cryptsy listing.

#2, ensure Noble coin gets the publicity it deserves.

#3, if necessary, recruit a whale or big investors to gradually and naturally increase the value of this coin.

Remember, without demand, all coins are doomed no matter how noble the intention of the devs are. Eventually this can go the way of earthcoin with burned out and frustrated devs who in the end need some kind of return of their investment to see the worth in a coin.

We don't live on ideas alone. We live on bread too.

Noble already has ideas and values. Let's bring in some bread and propel this coin to its rightful place in the top 10 of coinmarketcap listing and beyond Smiley

HP
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:13:34 AM

Commented. Good article, very true
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:18:05 AM

I agree Honeypot, and with all due respect, we have emailed and gone through the voting rounds on major exchanges for six weeks now. Community members have even emailed with the hint of 'prices' to get listed. We have emailed almost a hundred (literally) crypto media outlets, every single one that has run a story on the Dogesled and the Worldcoinwell actually, with the full story about our Water Project beginning, Marketplace deals, and the successful wrap-up of our Water Project donation drive (of which I cynically continue to point out, coins with 20x our market cap struggled with and still have not 100% delivered on themselves).

We are getting zero response from exchanges or media (BTCGeek & CryptoArticles are exceptions we are very grateful for). We're not even getting responses regarding 'pricing'. We're getting down-voted constantly on Reddit, by other communities I imagine. This is why I continue to ask our community to keep getting the word out there. We are being held down, on purpose or subconsciously, but the longer we stay here delivering the good stuff (more of which is coming) the harder it will be to ignore us forever, and sooner or later our time will come. Unfortunately, a number have left, unhappy the Marketplace did not make them rich, ignoring the larger picture (BTC & Mtgox) and declaring us a failing coin.

On a personal level, it is getting frustrating and I am getting a little cynical as 100s of BTC pour into s*** like Panda, Stackcoins & Max, but there is no way in Hell the devs and ambassadors of NobleCoin are going anywhere soon no matter what happens to our price. If anyone for a second thinks the first month and a half is going to be the culmination of how much we put into this coin, they are very wrong.

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

I agree Honeypot, and with all due respect, we have emailed and gone through the voting rounds on major exchanges for six weeks now. Community members have even emailed with the hint of 'prices' to get listed. We have emailed almost a hundred (literally) crypto media outlets, every single one that has run a story on the Dogesled and the Worldcoinwell actually, with the full story about our Water Project beginning, Marketplace deals, and the successful wrap-up of our Water Project donation drive (of which I cynically continue to point out, coins with 20x our market cap struggled with and still have not 100% delivered on themselves).

We are getting zero response from exchanges or media (BTCGeek & CryptoArticles are exceptions we are very grateful for). We're not even getting responses regarding 'pricing'. We're getting down-voted constantly on Reddit, by other communities I imagine. This is why I continue to ask our community to keep getting the word out there. We are being held down, on purpose or subconsciously, but the longer we stay here delivering the good stuff (more of which is coming) the harder it will be to ignore us forever, and sooner or later our time will come. Unfortunately, a number have left, unhappy the Marketplace did not make them rich, ignoring the larger picture (BTC & Mtgox) and declaring us a failing coin.

On a personal level, it is getting frustrating and I am getting a little cynical as 100s of BTC pour into s*** like Panda, Stackcoins & Max, but there is no way in Hell the devs and ambassadors of NobleCoin are going anywhere soon no matter what happens to our price. If anyone for a second thinks the first month and a half is going to be the culmination of how much we put into this coin, they are very wrong.

Maybe the Panda drama of the last week will tech people to take more care. Not sure I believe it though...

The problem is a lot of the people in this scene are impatient and if they don't think they can make a lot of money in a very short time, then the coin isn't worth their time.

It is a shame that good coins like this with an amazing community go unnoticed and I hope that a few more of the "novelty" coins go the same way as Panda so that it might teach people to reevaluate what they invest in.

And yes, it seems that we have made some enemies, which is baffling as this coin has been true, honest and transparent in everything that it does. Maybe that is why people are afraid of it.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:31:11 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 10:48:50 AM by Rofo

And yes, it seems that we have made some enemies, which is baffling as this coin has been true, honest and transparent in everything that it does. Maybe that is why people are afraid of it.

That is exactly what it is. Public ledger, ambassadors/team members with public social media profiles, and a pre-mine being put to use on things such as a 12% discount on Amazon & Newegg cards on a Marketplace & a $5,000 Drive for The Water Project (rather than it simply going *poof*) are things that make a lot of enemies in this environment.

murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:59:44 AM

Well Im Still mining, trading and when time allows posting and promoting, a month is no time at all andnfir what has already been achived quite remarkable.

With all due respect to you Honeypot, your post hints at impatience and frustration.

There are a lot of 'haters' who are causing problems for coins that are potential bitcoin candidates.

Time is on nobles side. People will get fed up of pump and dumps (Im one) and hopefully come to the coins that have long term goals and returns.

Peercoin litecoin and wordcoin (sad how things have gone for them) have taken months to grow.

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
Honeypot

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:44:10 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 11:55:20 AM by Honeypot

Thank you, Rofo. I know I stated the above before, and I don't mean to pester you.

I only wish to encourage you and the devs, let you know you are not alone in feeling that way. We do know that getting 'frustrated' is the first step to disaster. This coin is barely old enough as it is, and quitting is not an option.

May I suggest holding back on humanitarian or idealistic projects, and instead work very hard to gain the attention of whales and other investors? I applaud your efforts, but we can't eat an omelet before even breaking open the egg case. Those kinds of projects seem very premature at this point, and would take away attention, patience, efforts and energy from things that needs to be done first: Works that will make this coin recognized as it should be and be taken seriously in the mainstream crypto market, one of the most important being public attention and demand - and these things require a coin to be profitable and valuable.

Your efforts at such projects and propagation of your ideas behind this coin is not wasted - they made an impression on the people. However, that much may be enough for now - we need to curtail a bit of such attention on those projects and focus 90% or more of your efforts on, for the lack of better word, pumping this coin up to the place where it should be if it is to have the power to help others.

A coin that is undervalued and is unrecognized, a coin that cannot even help itself, cannot help others. You must be secure, valuable, and stable before really being effective in helping others. Nobility without strength is meaningless, and altruism or sense of motivation to help without being able to take care of your own is not a proper nobility but an exercise in empty self-congratulation. Charity without self-awareness is irresponsibility, and helping yourself just means you are getting ready to expand your ability to truly bring about realizing your ideals.

As I said, demand can follow if prices rise. A short term investing of a big player, which may leave bag holders, may still be what we need since bag holders don't stay that way forever - eventually market grows to its gradual and natural growth, and we DO need that kind of demand and publicity. Profit is always a good motivator to force people's attention.

All the efforts are nothing if people don't WANT to pay attention - unless they are 'entertained' as doge, or just plain hyped as MAX. This type of whale attention may be just what we need - at the same time as getting it to cryptsy of course.

I just believe that we may be taking a little too impractical and self-motivation based approach to this, rather than 'whatever works' which is really the way to go in the beginning. You cannot do anything unless you ARE something. That must be established first.

As for cryptsy.......hound big vern until he gives Grin
TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:45:15 AM

Okay, this next post is my own personal thoughts in which I do believe honestly.

Just remember to keep your head high and look forward. This is something special, we have low hashrate at the moment, quite little attention and small market cap. That is something special with this kind of alt coin. It gives time for the miners to grow their stashes. Those miners who are the backbone of the coin and those who might have been here from the beginning, from the launch day of the NOBL, those who believe this coin, it's devs and community. Of course every coin is dependent of it's dev team, but it's also dependent of the miners and I'm 100% sure that you Rofo know this but I wanted to say it anyway. And I'm saying this because on this stage it rewards the true long term believers, investors, supporters and even merchants if they keep their Nobles.

There are many crap coins with the same or bigger market cap that Noble has. And by crap coin I mean pump&dump coins with no intentions or future plans. They are there for some time, they might have astronomical hashrate compared to Noble, people mine and dump and wait for "to the moon" or "train is leaving" but there might not be either. Miners lose their interest and seek for new opportunities and now as the miners fade and community get smaller, eventually the coin will die off. At the same time new crap coins pop out every day and the loop keeps going.

But in the mean time Noble grows steadily with the future plans, updates, fundraisers, merchants, community, exchanges, hashrates etc.. And also gets more and more pages on this sub forum. I know that it's not a big deal but it still matters when you have hundreds of pages, it tells about the coin's popularity. People will come and see the massive first post with all the info, charities, merchants, marketplace etc. And to the top of all this include the social media like Twitter, Facebook and Reddit which spread the word even more. It's all about time now, it might take a month maybe two or six or maybe a year but it will happen. I've been mining over a month now non-stop and I'll keep mining. I believe in this coin and believing is the key for the success in everything.

Noblecoin
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:51:58 AM

May I suggest holding back on humanitarian or idealistic projects, and instead work very hard to gain the attention of whales and other investors? I applaud your efforts, but we can't eat an omelet before even breaking open the egg case. Those kinds of projects seem very premature at this point, and would take away attention, patience, efforts and energy from things that needs to be done first: Works that will make this coin recognized as it should be and be taken seriously in the mainstream crypto market, one of the most important being public attention and demand - and these things require a coin to be profitable and valuable.

You should be very happy with our next focus. While we want to do good in the world with crypto (being noble) we do understand what you're saying here. A second project will begin with The Water Project while we look for more larger charities interested in accepting/working with us & crypto. However we will be focusing on promotion of services and the marketplace to a massive audience next.

Honeypot

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

You should be very happy with our next focus. While we want to do good in the world with crypto (being noble) we do understand what you're saying here. A second project will begin with The Water Project while we look for more larger charities interested in accepting/working with us & crypto. However we will be focusing on promotion of services and the marketplace to a massive audience next.

Thank you for giving this much attention to someone who is in the end a mere bystander. I am sure noble is just getting started Smiley

Also, I edited some things in to that post, so please take some time to look it over Smiley
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 12:04:11 PM

Read and taken to heart, as I do all your posts. We are always trying to 50/50 NobleCoin, half towards the charitable side, and half towards the business, growth and services side of crypto (Movement vs Marketplace for example). Peter and The Water Project helped us begin to gain legitimacy with the Movement and we will continue with a second Project soon, however now we will be spending some time on business promotion, the Marketplace and services. You know what you're talking about and I'm always happy to know you're still around keeping an eye on us. Tongue

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 12:27:40 PM

I also personally and strongly believe what TN5 is saying myself, although I am biased. Smiley

Honeypot

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 12:47:57 PM

Read and taken to heart, as I do all your posts. We are always trying to 50/50 NobleCoin, half towards the charitable side, and half towards the business, growth and services side of crypto (Movement vs Marketplace for example). Peter and The Water Project helped us begin to gain legitimacy with the Movement and we will continue with a second Project soon, however now we will be spending some time on business promotion, the Marketplace and services. You know what you're talking about and I'm always happy to know you're still around keeping an eye on us. Tongue

Ah yes Grin

I know it sounds really presumptuous of a bystander like myself to apparently tell you what to do...so please disregard any hot air (or what you perceive to be hot air because you know more details about your own coin then I do obviously). I do not mean to degrade your projects, only just that most of the time, people tend to focus on things they WANT, instead of things they NEED, no matter how against their ethos they might be, especially at times when they are frustrated and can't help just doing something to not feel helpless. That's a downward spiral, as you surely know.

I only hope that there may be some useful observations I make that could be of use to you.

I really do appreciate you taking a lone outsider's words seriously enough to consider them, and I hope it was of help to you. Be assured, I have been keeping this thread open on my tabs since its inception and can't remember the last time I shut it off Smiley

Best of wishes,

HP
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:06:28 PM

another thing that is not helping is the almost month long down spiral in crypto atthe moment. even hwaring about miners starting to shut down rigs due to low profitability.

good to hear rofo is keeping his head high and good focus onwhat is important.
MoNxO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 01:10:28 PM

You need to implement KGW right now or multipools will keep throwing the price.

Let's Color the MOON: YMnKCParE88kWBDqWieWhbra1w56F9SyaZ
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

You need to implement KGW right now or multipools will keep throwing the price.

We have 1-block retarget MoNxO and have since release, they are essentially the same thing. The minute a multipool jumps on us they generally leave next block because the difficulty has risen to match the hash increase.

Pages: « 1 ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: