Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:04:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052990 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jereminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:17:08 AM

Does this coin got any value right now ?
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:20:34 AM

Thanks for taking time to do this Rofo, I'm sure it will put some peoples' minds to rest.

My opinions on this are that Dark is a good idea, but seeing as most governments don't like current cryptos, surely it stands to reason that a completely anonymous coin is going to go down very badly, so there is no way that it will be accepted in anything other than underground usage. On the other hand, I like the community behind Dark.

PoS I see as a good idea, and will be very useful in the long term survival of a coin, but in the short term, i.e. now, I don't think it will make much difference as the amounts that the PoS generate are too small to be considered worthwhile enough to not move your coin about for 20 days.

As for other tech, in honesty I think we need something that sets us apart as not just another clone. I know we have the 1 block diff retarget which is good, but for example when I post on other posts spreading the word on Noble, it would be nice if I had a comeback to the just another clone argument, even if it is just a gimmick. Although I also agree that there isn't currently anything out there that would enhance the offering that the coin has. We need to keep looking and thinking I guess.

Anyway, noone asked for my thoughts, but you got them anyway  Cheesy  
naaktslak

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:37:43 AM

I think this is a long term coin that will slowly increase in price over time. Not a making money fast coin like the others. Therefore I think its far more stable. We just have to have a couple of big projects like the water project and we all benefit.

Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:50:28 AM

I think this is a long term coin that will slowly increase in price over time. Not a making money fast coin like the others. Therefore I think its far more stable. We just have to have a couple of big projects like the water project and we all benefit.

This is one of your problems. EVERYBODY is waiting for the slow increase.
The error isnt the word "increase" its - waiting -.

I did invest around 5 BTC yesterday, natural and healthy investment. A pump without dump.
NOBLE was back in top 5 coins on coinwarz.com and so did the hashrate increase within this short time.

There is no whale coming and buying all your dreams. Everybody, who truely belives in this coin and is reading here: Move 1 btc to the xchanges and BUY this coin.

If one person can give this coin a movement of 110% within 4 hours, how much potential do 50 or 100 or even 500 ppl bring into it ?
I started at 43 satoshi, now its still at around 60.

A coin is worthless if there is no demand. So produce demand. Invest now, in return buy something from this coins, sell and repeat. This is how economy works.
Wait for the shining whale to bring it back to 200 sat ? Useless.

Mike
james6546

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:40:30 AM

I did invest around 5 BTC yesterday, natural and healthy investment. A pump without dump.
NOBLE was back in top 5 coins on coinwarz.com and so did the hashrate increase within this short time.

There is no whale coming and buying all your dreams. Everybody, who truely belives in this coin and is reading here: Move 1 btc to the xchanges and BUY this coin.

If one person can give this coin a movement of 110% within 4 hours, how much potential do 50 or 100 or even 500 ppl bring into it ?

A coin is worthless if there is no demand. So produce demand. Invest now, in return buy something from this coins, sell and repeat. This is how economy works.

Mike

I can't really speak for anyone else, but in my case as I have been following this coin from the start I have invested everything I wanted to and more. It isn't really just a case of investing money as we have already done that.

I know investing will raise the price, but there are other ways to do it that would be healthier for the long term, such as increasing the profile of Noble and getting more people to see it as the stable and long term investment that it is.
1Kb

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:32:24 AM

Mike

I can't really speak for anyone else, but in my case as I have been following this coin from the start I have invested everything I wanted to and more. It isn't really just a case of investing money as we have already done that.

I know investing will raise the price, but there are other ways to do it that would be healthier for the long term, such as increasing the profile of Noble and getting more people to see it as the stable and long term investment that it is.

I do agree on that. I believe that a few with the deeper pockets are slowly gathering this coin as it has promise and avoid it going to 1 Satoshi. But that also means that the coins end up in a few holders with big bags and that is not the intention of NobleCoin I think. So my thinking would go into searching PR. This can be done in various ways like: mail bombardments, or even changing the engine of the coin to something the crowd goes for (at this moment. I believe once we have so many different new engines te crowd will search for something new) But is can also be done by doing something really stupid or really smart. Just don't limit it all to technology. One thing which would raise attention for example would be to hire an artist which will than make a really nice thing (like the crop circles for example) and let the press take it from there. You could also send out a few drones to the sky with the logo. If you are lucky they will be picked up as being UFO's and you get the press over you like flies. And I know that by publishing it here others can read it aswell. So think of something besides my examples:)

another example:
http://www.panorama.nl/videos/geniale-reclame-dhl.html
james6546

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:58:29 AM

Mike

I do agree on that. I believe that a few with the deeper pockets are slowly gathering this coin as it has promise and avoid it going to 1 Satoshi. But that also means that the coins end up in a few holders with big bags and that is not the intention of NobleCoin I think. So my thinking would go into searching PR. This can be done in various ways like: mail bombardments, or even changing the engine of the coin to something the crowd goes for (at this moment. I believe once we have so many different new engines te crowd will search for something new) But is can also be done by doing something really stupid or really smart. Just don't limit it all to technology. One thing which would raise attention for example would be to hire an artist which will than make a really nice thing (like the crop circles for example) and let the press take it from there. You could also send out a few drones to the sky with the logo. If you are lucky they will be picked up as being UFO's and you get the press over you like flies. And I know that by publishing it here others can read it aswell. So think of something besides my examples:)

another example:
http://www.panorama.nl/videos/geniale-reclame-dhl.html

Someone can sponsor me to fly around the world in a Noblecoin hot air balloon  Cheesy

I am afraid of heights though...
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 02:42:58 PM

CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

nobl.charityminingpools.com

Come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

Current Stats: (At Time of Post)
Pool Hash Rate:                                   100.247 MH/s
Active Workers:                                   54
Current Difficulty:                                6.54544859
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network):       1 minute 1 second
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool):            4 minutes 38 seconds
Donations Raised for BitGive:              30,441.66823701 NOBL

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:52:32 PM

how about something like the coinmixer service tips implemented?

good way to get anonimity when needed, without the social problems of dark
ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

OK. Im back from death's door, stupid flu. I'm going to buckle down on these projects and get some project plans, projections and resources together so we can be more public about what is going on and the future plans for Noble. If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, please let us know. Also, if you have any ideas for a project or have a specific skill set in which you would like to contribute, please contact us @ projects@noblemovement.com. Thanks!
blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:02:21 PM

What do you think about working some POS into this coin? To encourage hoarding and not dumping?

PoS (MINT being the latest example): What we are concerned of here is you have a massive pump early (especially when a character like Wolong is involved) with everyone believing long-term guaranteed gains on interest. I might be wrong here, but if we have a bunch of hoarders and no new miners, where is the continued interest? Where is the fresh blood? Where is the spending and circulation of the coin? And who then wants to spend all the coins they've hoarded on continued development and promotion? Cryptocurrency should not be just an investment vehicle. We want to increase value by increasing DEMAND, not reducing supply. We will be watching MINT, and while I'm no sage I'm expecting a massive dump before PoS kicks in.

I feel PoS should be an attractive feature, but not the full thing like some coins are doing right now. I think it would work very alongside PoW, but only as long as it's just a small % of new coins being minted.
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:42:37 PM

OK. Im back from death's door, stupid flu. I'm going to buckle down on these projects and get some project plans, projections and resources together so we can be more public about what is going on and the future plans for Noble. If anyone has any questions, comments or concerns, please let us know. Also, if you have any ideas for a project or have a specific skill set in which you would like to contribute, please contact us @ projects@noblemovement.com. Thanks!

Glad your back and feeling better. My favourite the flu Wink

Thanks for the heads up on your plans also. Smiley

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
igigme77

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:47:19 PM

Now the market a lot of new coins appear when individuals invest a great risk, I think when we choose to be rational in the face

Let's flower the moon. SPgwHfAkcrRb5uA6MSbujpaEYtwdxzanxk
Energycoin - Save Energy, Pure POS (Free IPO). eAXEjvLGMYA6N8ujGqHL9ZFScZPYqt5Z3o
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:33:34 AM

What do you think about working some POS into this coin? To encourage hoarding and not dumping?

We are considering it and will release a large info post on the tech of NobleCoin and our thoughts going ahead into 2014. To sum up the majority of the PM's we get however I'll try and do a simple and short piece here.

In terms of block halving: DOGE has now shown us what we expected, it simply creates an artificial pump, miners leave en-masse and the difficulty/prices drop back down when the huge expectations aren't met. There is a group-think going on that block-halving GUARANTEES a long-term increase in investment. We personally do not feel this is the case, as many others are beginning to now. If this changes, we will introduce it at 6 or 12 months.

PoS (MINT being the latest example): What we are concerned of here is you have a massive pump early (especially when a character like Wolong is involved) with everyone believing long-term guaranteed gains on interest. I might be wrong here, but if we have a bunch of hoarders and no new miners, where is the continued interest? Where is the fresh blood? Where is the spending and circulation of the coin? And who then wants to spend all the coins they've hoarded on continued development and promotion? Cryptocurrency should not be just an investment vehicle. We want to increase value by increasing DEMAND, not reducing supply. We will be watching MINT, and while I'm no sage I'm expecting a massive dump before PoS kicks in.

N-factor (VERT): I love VERT, I love the community and I love the innovation. What my question regarding n-factor is what if ASICs massively increase the difficulty and thus the price of coins they sit on? If the demand for the coin is there, the price will follow. Look at what happened with BTC. If ASICs become mainstream later this year, all the early adopters got plenty of coins at low difficulty. The difficulty and security of the coin then skyrocket, and perhaps so does the price.

DARK: We are concerned anonymous coins that promote complete anonymity and protect illegal activity (though I am in no way implying that is all they are for) will get a lot of heat or even made illegal as crypto becomes mainstream and laws/regulations attempt to be built around them.

You have to remember there have been some very large whales involved with certain coins. The rise is not just because of the technology, although it plays a part. Huge gains have been met with huge losses as coins, whether the hype is justified or not, get dumped on at critical points. Players are not just speculating on coins, they are speculating on technology. It does not mean it will pay off. These are the 'big four' we are watching, and I'm more than aware our views and opinions on them might be wrong. It is something we will consider when we do our first large upgrade.

Right now, we're focusing on brand, on services, on ideals and visions, on trust and on community. With all the focus on technology, many seem to forget that a coin can, will and does fork or upgrade when necessary. And many that survive 2014 will. We want to build something that lasts despite the technology. The trust and faith in a brand, coin, community and group of developers and supporters is something that requires a lot more hard work. Perhaps I am looking at it too much like a marketer and not an investor or developer, but many of the community members have gotten on board for the same reasons.

I hope I am not appearing too disregarding of the technology, but there are just so many 'ifs' and 'maybes' involved. I'm not denying coins like VERT and DARK have done extremely well and I congratulate them, but nothing is certain long term (not NOBL, not DOGE, not VERT & DRK, not even BTC) and it is not just the tech that plays a role here (DOGE for example, was a social coin pumped just the same way and then embraced by the internet). I will be working personally with a developer dedicated entirely on source and wallet upgrades, but right now we're trying to make NOBL something more than innovative technology.

I am opening myself to criticism here as it goes against what many believe and invest in at the moment, but personally I am tired of the mentality that rarity and the inability to mine a coin guarantees massive long-term gains. Sure, you've completely dominated supply, but where is the circulation, demand and development? Seems to me like pumping and whales play a more important role. I might be wrong, but there is no guarantee any opinion at the moment in this scene is right.

Thanks for your time.

Some quick thoughts:

Block halving can be highly detrimental because of the shock that it has on the expected supply, inflation rate, and greatly affects more technical economic supplies (alpha-delta ratio). You've hit it right on the head with the shock of block halving.

It may have worked for BTC because it was meant to have a deflationary supply. Without having it part of the original game plan, you need to think long and hard before implementing it.

PoS may not be as much of a shock if it is done in a reasonable way. Some later coins have really tested the deep waters with PoS by introducing up to 20% per annum which frankly delves into the realm of hyper-inflation (after all, it just takes 5 years to double, 8 1/2 years to quadruple, and by the time you hit 22 1/2 years you're at 50x). But if done reasonably it's not too bad:

For this calculation, I started PoS 6 months after inception, returning 1% per annum convertible monthly.

That said, whatever you guys decide, I know you will put lots of thought into it and I feel that the community can trust your decisions.
Regecide

Activity: 165

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:55:33 AM

I don't even understand what any of that means
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:05:39 AM

I don't even understand what any of that means
Hehe. tl;dr: Block halving can be pretty bad if it isn't well accounted for and planned for; you need to be prepared for the sudden shock in inflation rate. Proof-of-Stake is okay if the reward scheme is within reason; using something like PPC's mechanism wouldn't cause too much of a shake, and in fact we could use a slightly rate without any harm.
Grrizz

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:15:07 AM

Rather then block halving why not "block decrementing", instead of after x months the reward halves make it so after x blocks the reward goes down by 1 NOBL that way you get the increased rarity without the shock, just a thought, IDK about the technical side of such an implementation.
miKnutty

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:21:00 AM

Well these are some dark times in the crypto market...  Cool
TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:59:08 AM

Well these are some dark times in the crypto market...  Cool

Especially when coinmarket.io is down 95% of the time. Like right now and without any information.

Noblecoin
murkster

Activity: 196

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:59:16 AM

Anyone have any idea what is happening with coinmarket.io?

^what im thinking.

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: